IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 55.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Show your distaste with Spooky by NOT giving them your money.
It’s literally that easy.
You have 6 hours and 41 minutes to decide.

Thanks for that reminder.

We could all agree NOT to order until we have seen some game play...

#302 2 years ago

Last call for NZ orders ... you have till 10pm tonight to let me know what you want.

Dave.

FFA4103B-8FDE-44C7-A6DA-FDA9C4C01837.gifFFA4103B-8FDE-44C7-A6DA-FDA9C4C01837.gif
#303 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Yeah…. good luck with that. I’m cool with being the owner of Ultraman #1

#304 2 years ago

Any past NIB Spooky buyers from Canada here? If Im buying from Nitro BC or Spooky US directly, are provincial taxes applied or is that part of the brokering/delivery fee?
Ive only ever bought NIB Sterns and they were always from P1. Thanks in advance.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any past NIB Spooky buyers from Canada here? If Im buying from Nitro BC or Spooky US directly, are provincial taxes applied or is that part of the brokering/delivery fee?
Ive only ever bought NIB Sterns and they were always from P1. Thanks in advance.

Eh, bought via spooky... GST was applied when the items was shipped so was part of the shipping via the broker. I'd assume that GST would be applied directly from Nitro if bought through them.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Thanks for that reminder.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"29fd3c816b36f1cf81e36d59ea719e1f59989025-1625659846-1800"};
//]]>

There are are just over 300 posts in this thread by many of the same people. There are 500 units. Outside of pinside how many buyers do you think there are that even know about what is happening in a couple hours and paid to be a member? The math on them selling out in one day seems off. ACNC took much longer at 500. R&M is a big license and wildly popular title with a huge fan base, totally different.

Then again... I could be wrong. I'm no expert.

#307 2 years ago

I would bet on a sellout, but I don't blaim anyone for waiting.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There are are just over 300 posts in this thread by many of the same people. There are 500 units. Outside of pinside how many buyers do you think there are that even know about what is happening in a couple hours and paid to be a member? The math on them selling out in one day seems off. ACNC took much longer at 500. R&M is a big license and wildly popular title with a huge fan base, totally different.
Then again... I could be wrong. I'm no expert.

I think ultra man is gone today, halloween I think lasts months. 1250 is a lot, and you have to subtract all the ultra man buyers from that lot. It’s also a horror theme which eliminates family buyers. Then Godzilla will come out in September and Halloween will be old news.

#309 2 years ago

I'd guess neither title sells out day one (maybe UM could). But I would not be surprised if Spooky sells 1000 pins today.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think ultra man is gone today, halloween I think lasts months. 1250 is a lot, and you have to subtract all the ultra man buyers from that lot. It’s also a horror theme which eliminates family buyers. Then Godzilla will come out in September and Halloween will be old news.

I'll take the under. Keep in mind that distributers have "lists" of buyers. Once they a publicly available a decent number are instantly claimed.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Periwinkle? You describe a color as Periwinkle and you are color blind? That is awesome!

Very partially. My left eye doesn't see green and blue as well as my right eye...like if I close one and open the other and switch in sequence it's very obvious. Grass doesn't look as vibrant and the sky pretty muted.

When we repainted Crescendo, I let my wife handle all the color matching, heh.

#312 2 years ago

Ordering through PinballSTAR FAQ -

I am getting alot of the same questions so wanted to put them out here for everyone... All of us selling - Spooky Direct and other distributors all have our own systems for ordering... This below only applies to PinballSTAR.

1. You MUST be on our email blast list to get our 'READY TO ORDER' email. To get on our email list you must email us before say 8:30am CST this morning so we can add you. If you email after then we can't guarantee you'll get our email blast.

2. We do not do orders over phone, text, or direct email - it becomes impossible to control our inventory levels - doing it by our email blast and paypal has worked wonderfully in the past as many of you know. If you paid via paypal, and got a confirmation from paypal then you got your game. It's that simple. It will take us a few days to email everyone a confirmation email - please be patient.

3. CHECK YOUR SPAM... many times our emails since they come from our email service will be marked as Spam so if you don't see it in your inbox at 9:00 am CST - check your spam it may be in there.

4. In our email we will have paypal buttons you click to whisk you to paypal where you will pay with one click. You do not need a paypal account, but if you don't have one you'll just have to enter your info vs just having it all prefilled by paypal once you log in. It's easy quick and there is no risk of our website crashing or other potential problems outside of our control.

5. We have inventory levels set for each model - we have assigned them based on our allotment per game (so many for Halloween, so many for Ultraman) and also so many for Standard, Bloodsuckers, and Collectors. We have assigned the majority to Collectors of each game as we feel that is what most want.
We have plenty of games to sell.

6. Fang Club - This is a Spooky thing. It's purchased through Spooky. You need to have it in place to order early today. If games sell out everywhere there may be no later on sale date to the 'non Fang Club' public. So, buy your Fang Club membership today before 9 CST.

7. Can you buy one of each game - yes.

8. We only sell to USA - if you are overseas buy from Spooky direct please. You may get our email blast outside of the USA if you signed up for it, but please buy direct if so.

We are hopeful Spooky will have a glorious SELL OUT day today across the board. Spooky sells direct and there are a very few other wonderful hand picked distributors they work with - myself / PinballSTAR, Chris Meunier / Kingpin, Rob Anthony / Pinball Classics, Tommy Floyd / Nitro (Canada), and others outside of the US I don't know offhand... Any of these folks will do a stellar job for you that's why there's only a few of us - if one distributor is sold out try another you'll get the same A+ service from anyone. Our goal is to work together to promote Spooky and take care of any and all Spooky customers.

Hope this helps... Good luck to everyone... TY for supporting Spooky and your distributors.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yeah…. good luck with that. I’m cool with being the owner of Ultraman #1

i wont order cause that design doesnt look like it plays good. i need to see gameplay video for this one. too bad
you have to wonder why there is no gameplay video????

#314 2 years ago

Yep, secured my BSE Ultraman via Chris at Kingpin! Now the celebration and wait begins

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You have 7 hours and 40 minutes to decide.

Quoted from Lounge:

You have 6 hours and 41 minutes to decide.

I’m reading these in Robocop’s voice.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:I’m reading these in Robocop’s voice.

You have 36 minutes to decide.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Most of what gets said in Japanese is also said in English, but yeah... for the Japanese specific lines... why not?! Sounds like fun to me.
Our voice actress will be in the shop soon to see the game. I'll get her to do a little translating!
It was important to us to also have some text on the display showing JACKPOT! and other essential pinball items in both languages as well. Just neat little touches to make it more user friendly in Japan and well, I just like seeing it that way too. Feels right in this game.

I would love to have an option to change the audio between Japanese and English in the settings.
Super Excited about an Ultraman Release!

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was thinking more Saw.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha - You have 31 minutes to comply!

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i wont order cause that design doesnt look like it plays good. i need to see gameplay video for this one. too bad
you have to wonder why there is no gameplay video????

I know everyone thinks there's some nefarious reason, but it really is probably only a bit of 2 things. License constraints, and possibly the code isn't quite ready to show off yet. It does indeed make anyone on the fence hesitant to buy one. I really hate this aspect of pinball.

#321 2 years ago

This is a super exciting day. I think everyone agrees that Ultraman sells out before Halloween…but how quickly will the sell out be?

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is a super exciting day. I think everyone agrees that Ultraman sells out before Halloween…but how quickly will the sell out be?

Hour tops.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

UM by noon, HWN by the weekend.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:This is a super exciting day. I think everyone agrees that Ultraman sells out before Halloween…but how quickly will the sell out be?

R&M took about 4 hours to sell out with 750 machines.
That said, COVID drove demand for home use through the roof.
Be interesting to see.

#325 2 years ago

I'm not sure what is going to happen here in 6 minutes but I don't want to risk having to pay a premium aftermarket price for a really cool aesthetic.

#326 2 years ago

With a few minutes to go the shop page is already starting to load a bit slower. Should be interesting to see...

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'm not sure what is going to happen here in 6 minutes but I don't want to risk having to pay a premium aftermarket price for a really cool aesthetic.

FOMO!!!

#328 2 years ago

Yep much slower
Already

biting nails

#329 2 years ago

Spooky's site already crashing. lol

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I had the RM site xperience wont tell that mess in detail. Spooky promised they´ll ramp up and stress test...

#331 2 years ago

I got 1 in my Cart but.......

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Call a distributer, you get extra Customer Service, get locked in on a game, no stress of the slow shop page and you get to support Spooke and a Distro.

I secured my UM BSE and moved on with my day already .

#333 2 years ago

i watch this one from the sidelines popcorn is ready. Site down...

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I got 1 in my Cart but.......

That's as far as I could get too

Looks like UM CE already sold out?

#335 2 years ago

I can't deal with the buying direct shopping cart shenanigans anymore. Hopefully Kingpin has an Ultraman for me. Otherwise, I'll just pass. I love you and the crew, Charlie but ya have to stop saying things are fixed each time.

#336 2 years ago

Got 1 Ultra CE

#337 2 years ago

I am stuck on the Checkout Process. Ugh

#338 2 years ago

Bloodsucker locked in through PinballStar, could not be more excited!

#339 2 years ago

Crash crash crash

Then got a receipt to my email that I nabbed a CE...........................nice................stoked..........

I suppose I have time now to rearrange furniture to see where this thing is going to be set.

2 months?
3 months?
4 months?

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Hopefully Kingpin has an Ultraman for me.

Email Chris over there. I had a feeling the shop would crash so I just made arrangements through Kingpin and am sipping coffee, watching the new Loki and comfortable in the knowledge that my UM BSE is in the queue.

#341 2 years ago

I wonder how many folks accidentally bought 3 of these things

#342 2 years ago

I got one. It’s Spooky how hard that was.

#343 2 years ago

So they really need a load balancer over there.
9:08 successfully checked out with UKR CE

#344 2 years ago

Only errors through the website...but have a receipt via email and Spooky has my money. Seems like a winner is me?

#345 2 years ago

I can't get to the checkout page...

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hah......good one........I only got one confirmation email so............

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

PROFIT!

#348 2 years ago

I hope to god I got thru the Checkout process.. Still Waiting 504 everytime.

#349 2 years ago

Just wait.
My cart came up with a Halloween CE in it.
Had to wait until UKR CE reappeared, removed Halloween after adding a UKR BSE and CE.
Finally managed to get just the CE ordered and just got my email.

#350 2 years ago

A CE will be heading to Louisiana!

All the rest of you, buy Blood Suckers so I get my game faster!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 13,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/7?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.