IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 55.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

... I am indifferent with the twin games approach, this would solve some peoples "re-theme Iron Maiden" dilemma for a great game but I don't want to see it every time out that's for sure.

Why not? I like the idea of two game releases at the same time. It certainly lowers their R&D cost and gets some more pins out on the street.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Why not? I like the idea of two game releases at the same time. It certainly lowers their R&D cost and gets some more pins out on the street.

It especially makes sense when the "main" game is very adult. You can get away with R&M in a family collection since it just looks cartoony and you can set the audio to stop swearing. Halloween is just visually adult, there's no way around it...it's a scary murder game. Having an alternate for buyers who want a new Spooky but not the scary theme is a brilliant move.

#253 2 years ago

Okay, so we have an answer on the trim, fellas.

It's heavy holo flake black! I'll rip the example pic off FB here in a bit and post it but I can't do it right now.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

That’s pretty cool, I wonder how fast/smooth they can make that transition, would be awesome if it could feel like an underground ramp

I was wrong. The upper-lower playfield scoop spits the ball back out.

#255 2 years ago

So far behind its silly ... we'll be ready in the a.m.

Sorry folks! Doing our best to answer all we can. This is the BSE color on both games.

#257 2 years ago

It's great. I definitely will NOT be replacing that! Even my wife likes it.

#258 2 years ago

I am 100% in for Ultraman for sure. I will be ready at 9 with my finger on the button. Lol.

#259 2 years ago

Looks amazing!!

I took a screenshot to help but watch the video.

EAEBC9C0-6659-4291-9B3F-0F19BA86E326 (resized).jpegEAEBC9C0-6659-4291-9B3F-0F19BA86E326 (resized).jpeg

16091DFB-C118-410D-A727-E7BAC871C744 (resized).jpeg16091DFB-C118-410D-A727-E7BAC871C744 (resized).jpeg05FD9FD4-6329-4A0E-8482-0AC1D0839BBF (resized).jpeg05FD9FD4-6329-4A0E-8482-0AC1D0839BBF (resized).jpeg
#260 2 years ago

That's just plain bad ass!

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's just plain bad ass!

Agree, it is bad ass.

#262 2 years ago

Wow! Will the CE’s have that sparkle in the color?

#263 2 years ago

Both pins look fantastic!

I have no idea what Ultraman is, never got into this genre of anime or Japanese animated works, but it looks damn good.

I’ll be getting Halloween.

Jason Edmiston is the next great pinball artist.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow! Will the CE’s have that sparkle in the color?

That's the Blood Sucker Edition color for both games... it's my personal favorite!

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Both pins look fantastic!
I have no idea what Ultraman is, never got into this genre of anime or Japanese animated works, but it looks damn good.
I’ll be getting Halloween.
Jason Edmiston is the next great pinball artist.

So, PavBall and I decided to go for the CE Ultraman, when we made that decision earlier today I told her “crap, tomorrow we will have three NIB games on order, we are starting to look like Iceman…”.

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, PavBall and I decided to go for the CE Ultraman, when we made that decision earlier today I told her “crap, tomorrow we will have three NIB games on order, we are starting to look like Iceman…”.

Lol. Gotta love it Tiger! Life is too short
Not to enjoy all of it. It’s so hard to decide with all these great games coming out so you just dive in and do what I’m doing, build a casita onto your house to give you more room.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

That's the Blood Sucker Edition color for both games... it's my personal favorite!

SpookyCharlie Is the speaker panel and apron of the BSE coated with that rainbow goodness?

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Is the speaker panel and apron of the BSE coated with that rainbow goodness?

100% YES!

#269 2 years ago

If I sign up for the Fang Club tonight, can I order tomorrow?

#270 2 years ago

Charlie please post a gameplay video tonight!!

#271 2 years ago

Just sold me on a BSE. Was gonna go standard and miss having the art blades, but I'm in on BSE now. Thanks, sir.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

If I sign up for the Fang Club tonight, can I order tomorrow?

Yes.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Charlie please post a gameplay video tonight!!

At my current work load (still here) it would air at about 3:48 a.m. I don't play pinball well at that time of night. I'm hoping to get some sleep to be back here at 7 to get ready for a day that takes us 18 months to get ready.

Doing our best... if you knew how many hours went into tomorrow, you'd question our sanity. We promise, it's gonna be great! More talent, new 2nd in house full time programmer, more eyes on everything. Not stopping on absolute dream themes until we are ALL happy!

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

No matter how you try to spin it, it's going to short change at least 1 game every time, and most likely if always planned as 2 games, it's going to short change both games. It might be fine here and there, but I would NOT want it for every game.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a nice problem to have?

#275 2 years ago

At least R&M had some explinatitory video. Here we got nothing.

I love Spooky but it almost seems like they want people to order with less/little information about the game.

Here is R&M video, maybe we will get something like that for these at the last minute.

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Im waiting on Mando premium. Im picking up JP pro in about a week. Ill be ordering an Ultraman. Oh did i mention i dont have room for these? lol
Mando or JP will be up for sale pretty quickly after they arrive. Broke af now but happy.

#277 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie
Do you know how many units are allotted for Canada? Nitro is the only distributor for Spooky up here (on the other end of the country). It would be nice to know what my chances will be of getting a game are. Thanks.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

it's going to short change at least 1 game every time

It's good when it makes sense to do so. Ultraman is just a blast. Much like Elvira as a license, you can make it your own and be creative, almost like an original theme.

Nothing in either of these was short changed by any stretch. We put everything we had into both... and both were absolute labors of love.

#279 2 years ago

Not stopping on absolute dream themes until we are ALL happy!

Ash vs Evil Dead and Highlander confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!

#280 2 years ago

Spooky Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy can take my money now

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Do you know how many units are allotted for Canada? Nitro is the only distributor for Spooky up here

We use Nitro because shipping to Canada is tougher than shipping to ... Canada! There is no specific allotment to Canada, you can buy from us direct if you want to set up the duties and tax stuff to get games. We have several that do so.

Hope that helps!

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Oh did i mention i dont have room for these? lol

When did that ever stop a pinball guy? Hahahaaa!!! Yeah... it's a real thing.

#283 2 years ago

Charlie hope you can answer a couple of questions

- how do the left side scoops work? Is there a staged ball in the subway so the return is quicker?

- can you provide a brief description of the main objectives of the code?

- how many monsters are there to fight?

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Charlie hope you can answer a couple of questions
- how do the left side scoops work? Is there a staged ball in the subway so the return is quicker?
- can you provide a brief description of the main objectives of the code?
- how many monsters are there to fight?

I can answer to the best of my ability.

1) The left subway has the ability to lock balls for multiball, but I don't see any way to get a ball there from the plunger, so staging highly unlikely. Hopefully the coding can make this as quick as possible.

2) The rule card has been posted. I tried to copy what I could make out in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/145#post-6371466. I wrote it out for Halloween, but substitute Baltan for Hedge, Bemular for Smith Grove, Jirahs for House, and Zetton for Boogyman.

3) On the playfield I see inserts for Baltan, Pigmon, Bemular, Jirahs, and Zetton. There could be more, but that's what I can make out.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I can answer to the best of my ability.
1) The left subway has the ability to lock balls for multiball, but I don't see any way to get a ball there from the plunger, so staging highly unlikely. Hopefully the coding can make this as quick as possible.
2) The rule card has been posted. I'll provide a link in just a second.
3) On the playfield I see inserts for Baltan, Pigmon, Bemular, Jirahs, and Zetton. There could be more, but that's what I can make out.

Baltan, Bemular and Jirahs are monsters that seem to have 3 modes each. Pigmon modes are supposed to be modes where Pigmon (a good monster) helps Ultraman defeat other monsters (6 modes) Zetton is a mini wizard and also a monster.

#286 2 years ago

So are the CE’s a flat color, or do they have sparkle in them, too?

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I was born in 1970, and as a kid in the 70's living around the Detroit area, I used to watch lots of Japanese shows on TV at the time. There was the classic Godzilla movies with guys in monster suits stomping on model towns and fighting with each other, there was Ultraman, and also Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot. All my friends and I used to watch these. We're all in our late 40's to mid 50's now. I assumed all kids from my era saw these shows, but maybe tehse shows were more area specific and not everyone saw these all over the U.S. and world. I also seem to remember these shows kinda disappearing from TV somewhere between '76 and '80, so I can understand younger folks not being familiar with these franchises.
I do dig the Ultraman theme, as it brings back some warm and fuzzy nostalgia. If I was in the market for one of these pins I'd try to grab the Ultraman from nostalgia alone. I also like the Halloween too though, although that brings back a different kind of nostalgia which is not quite as warm an fuzzy, but a little more psychotic and murderous, LOL.

Awesome!! I grew up in Hamtramck...it was always a fight between Johnny Sokko and Ultraman for my favorite...I think UM came on Sundays on channel 56 or 62 UHF if I'm not mistaken....I knew it was Ultraman time when those swirls started on the screen. I think I may pull the trigger on UM for the nostalgia feels alone

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So are the CE’s a flat color, or do they have sparkle in them, too?

Kind of a blue/periwinkle with silver vein.
*edit* Fair warning, I'm partially colorblind in one eye, so.....take my descriptions as you will.

20210703_133543 (resized).jpg20210703_133543 (resized).jpg

#289 2 years ago

I am definitely in for a Blood Suckers Edition, will look great next to R&M.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome!! I grew up in Hamtramck...it was always a fight between Johnny Sokko and Ultraman for my favorite...I think UM came on Sundays on channel 56 or 62 UHF if I'm not mistaken....I knew it was Ultraman time when those swirls started on the screen. I think I may pull the trigger on UM for the nostalgia feels alone

Your a long way from home!! I went to one year of Middle school and 1 year of High school in Hamtramck.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Your a long way from home!! I went to one year of Middle school and 1 year of High school in Hamtramck.

Small world...I went to St Florian's for Grade school after moving from Sterling Heights in First grade back in 79'-80'...left after college but never went back

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

periwinkle with silver vein.
Fair warning, I'm partially colorblind in one eye
[quoted image]

Periwinkle? You describe a color as Periwinkle and you are color blind? That is awesome!

#293 2 years ago

CE says Gold Vein Powder Coat on the Ultraman. I guess the Blue has a gold sprinkle in it?

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

CE says Gold Vein Powder Coat on the Ultraman. I guess the Blue has a gold sprinkle in it?

Not just blue …Periwinkle ! LOL

#295 2 years ago

Best wishes to those ordering today !

LTG : )

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Best wishes to those ordering today !
LTG : )

Arigatou Lloyd!

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

At least R&M had some explinatitory video. Here we got nothing.
I love Spooky but it almost seems like they want people to order with less/little information about the game.
Here is R&M video, maybe we will get something like that for these at the last minute.

Very simple … don’t buy one.

You have 7 hours and 40 minutes to decide.

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Very simple … don’t buy one.
You have 7 hours and 40 minutes to decide.

Right there is the problem. It looks you gotta jump in and buy the game before anybody knows how shoots.

Spooky could have shown some video of this, but it appears like it has been a deliberate choice not to.

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Right there is the problem. It looks you gotta jump in and buy the game before anybody knows how shoots.
Spooky could have shown some video of this, but it appears like it has been a deliberate choice not to.

Show your distaste with Spooky by NOT giving them your money.

It’s literally that easy.

You have 6 hours and 41 minutes to decide.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

It looks you gotta jump in and buy the game before anybody knows how shoots.

The run is limited but the sale window is not. So rn nobody knows we’ll see later if had to order today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/6?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.