IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 55.
#2451 2 years ago

Received notice at the beginning of the week that my game is ready. Picking up #75 next Thursday. Looking forward to it!

#2452 2 years ago

Come on Spooky, you can get it right!
Reminds me of this -

22D2BFF3-A067-48D2-A277-25E4E470F7D3 (resized).jpeg22D2BFF3-A067-48D2-A277-25E4E470F7D3 (resized).jpeg

#2453 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Come on Spooky, you can get it right!
Reminds me of this -
[quoted image]

Haha, yup

#2454 2 years ago

Well, I’m still running the original code the game shipped with as the first code update was pulled before I grabbed it. I hear from my friend with Halloween that the code is shaping up really well for them so I remain optimistic on the code front. This Halloween/Ultraman combo is Spooky’s biggest release ever by far so I’m sure they are going to pour whatever resources into the coding they need to in order to have elite games.

Is it possible for them to get Eric (the R&M genius) to consult with them? Maybe get Danesi to consult on lighting effects and music? Those two guys are super stars and it would be awesome to see them utilized if possible.

#2455 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, I’m still running the original code the game shipped with as the first code update was pulled before I grabbed it. I hear from my friend with Halloween that the code is shaping up really well for them so I remain optimistic on the code front. This Halloween/Ultraman combo is Spooky’s biggest release ever by far so I’m sure they are going to pour whatever resources into the coding they need to in order to have elite games.
Is it possible for them to get Eric (the R&M genius) to consult with them? Maybe get Danesi to consult on lighting effects and music? Those two guys are super stars and it would be awesome to see them utilized if possible.

Please keep us updated TL.
I started a separate thread hoping to get some feedback on the games thus far but suppose it’s just too soon.
I certainly don’t like seeing folks dump spots early on either title and rooting for spooky to get whatever talent they need to deliver at this price point.

#2456 2 years ago

Supposedly we are getting an ultraman update this week. As to @TigerLaw's point. I had the very first version of the code as well, and its rough. The second update (which is back up on Spooky btw) was a vast improvement. Still not alot of reason to play the game currently, but I'm optimistic about what is coming. We just need more interaction from users to give feedback. I'm not an Ultraman fan so don't have much to offer in terms of assets used, but hope we can start getting some of the same participation that they have in the halloween thread.

#2457 2 years ago

I think mode progress trackers will really help with Ultraman. Each mode is a battle with a different Kaiju and we need to feel a sense of urgency when it comes to defeating the monsters. I'm hoping the health system they have implemented in the House mode of Halloween can be used for Ultraman. At this point I'm kind of just looking forward to seeing Bugs notes.

#2458 2 years ago

What the highest Ultraman that has gotten an email so far? I am 96 has to be close?

#2459 2 years ago

I would love Spooky to chime in and re-assure the group that Ultraman will get the same attention to code and assets as Halloween.

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What the highest Ultraman that has gotten an email so far? I am 96 has to be close?

Last I heard 76 - 80

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ha I’ll let you know, I’m 95!

That is if I hold my spot. I think I will enjoy this game but I am getting pretty nervous about how it’s coming along.

#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Ha I’ll let you know, I’m 95!
That is if I hold my spot. I think I will enjoy this game but I am getting pretty nervous about how it’s coming along.

Haha cool , yeah me too but I'm sure it will be good I think they just got in over their heads on the code ?

#2463 2 years ago

I’m in for an Ultraman and Halloween. I just love both titles.
Very very concerned about code. Had a friend tell me he played it at MGC and said it was simply terrible.
He also played Halloween, not at mgc, but played it and said it was much better. Both comments were based on the code.
He said both machines were gorgeous.
I have not played Ultraman so it would be AWESOME to get some comments from Spooky on this thread to put my mind at ease.

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m in for an Ultraman and Halloween. I just love both titles.
Very very concerned about code. Had a friend tell me he played it at MGC and said it was simply terrible.
He also played Halloween, not at mgc, but played it and said it was much better. Both comments were based on the code.
He said both machines were gorgeous.
I have not played Ultraman so it would be AWESOME to get some comments from Spooky on this thread to put my mind at ease.

Don't be.

#2465 2 years ago

Do y’all really think spooky is going to let Ultraman suck? Doubt it. Strong commitment here from 168. Holding tight and feeling good baby!!

#2466 2 years ago

I'm having a blast playing mine even on the early code (I think its v1.02) . The game does have some bugs, more then I ever encounter from a Stern game but it still plays pretty good and the modes are really fun to shoot. Spooky just needs to fix the Quick Battle popping up in the middle of a mode like multi-ball. Its hard to choose a mode while balls are all over the place. Maybe let it auto pick or have it unavailable during those modes.

#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I'm having a blast playing mine even on the early code (I think its v1.02) . The game does have some bugs, more then I ever encounter from a Stern game but it still plays pretty good and the modes are really fun to shoot. Spooky just needs to fix the Quick Battle popping up in the middle of a mode like multi-ball.

I agree with everything Gambeno said here. I am loving shooting this game. My buddy came over he loved playing it too.
I am not gonna make any videos, but am happy to answer questions truthfully.
Do you want to know what is glitchy on 1.0 code?
Do you want to understand the battles?
I can explain the little tweaks I am making and such.

LMK
Brian

#2468 2 years ago

I disagree with your friend. Outside of the most recent update the rules are identical.

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I disagree with your friend. Outside of the most recent update the rules are identical.

Hopefully the update drops this week and both machines should be on the same page regarding code progression.

#2470 2 years ago

Spooky has also hired another full time programmer so we should be seeing massive code growth on both titles within the next six months.

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spooky has also hired another full time programmer so we should be seeing massive code growth on both titles within the next six months.

Do we know who this is? Would be nice to get to know them a little and welcome them.

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Do we know who this is? Would be nice to get to know them a little and welcome them.

Or cowerer from Pinside and the limelight for a bit to grow wings. Earth is a harsh wasteland of criticism.

#2473 2 years ago

Invoice for UM #87 received and paid today!

#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

#81 just got email to make final payment.

#2475 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Or cowerer from Pinside and the limelight for a bit to grow wings. Earth is a harsh wasteland of criticism.

True. Either way, its nice to see Spooky making a move to add to the programming side of things to offset some of the work that the current programmers have.

We know the Spooky team reads this thread and have a few Spooky folks that post from time to time to provide updates. This is good enough for me to feel comfortable that concerns are read.

#2476 2 years ago

I think it's going to take awhile for any new talent to start working on games. I would say this is more an investment in the future.

The more I hear about coding, it seems that each coder has a bit of their own style. I wonder how possible it is to even have a new coder work on an existing game.

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Might be the butter process. I didn't get butter and mine has shipped already (#77)
Also bought direct from Spooky.

Seems plausible. I'm #74 and just got my invoice today. Directly from Spooky, but did get butter.

#2478 2 years ago

I think they may be getting a greater than expected demand for butter cabinets on these pins.

#2479 2 years ago

Seems like Spooky is cranking along on these. I just may see #102 by Christmas!

#2480 2 years ago

I’m hoping for the update to drop today. That way employees are around if there are any problems. Fingers crossed…

#2481 2 years ago

Anyone else getting second thoughts on your order? I’ve played UM on location and while beautiful it’s just not a great playing game yet. I know things can improve but Godzilla is already a super fun Kaiju game so UM needs to be at least as good, if not better, to keep both in a collection.

I’m confident team Spooky wants to create a great and classic game. But had I not already pre-ordered I wouldn’t be putting money down with the game in its current state.

#2482 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone else getting second thoughts on your order? I’ve played UM on location and while beautiful it’s just not a great playing game yet. I know things can improve but Godzilla is already a super fun Kaiju game so UM needs to be at least as good, if not better, to keep both in a collection.
I’m confident team Spooky wants to create a great and classic game. But had I not already pre-ordered I wouldn’t be putting money down with the game in its current state.

I thought this game looked cool, bit it is no fun to play. Looking at Godzilla instead...

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone else getting second thoughts on your order?

I’m looking to keep UM and I may add Godzilla in future. In 2 years, you will not be able to find UM unless the game literally sucks and no one wants to permanently house it. I just don’t see the suck happening. Only 500 total. Only ~350 CE. Once those all get housed and supply dries…good luck.

I also bought UM to look at and not play it cuz it’s a damn fine art package - the best package in my sole opinion I’ve seen on any game. If I end up playing it…that’s just gravy!

How many times have recent games been dumped due to negative early press and early code then crazy demand once no longer produced and code matures. I’m looking at you POTC and GB and many others. In 2 years, you can pickup NIB Godzilla pro/premium or gently used no problem.

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

As someone who’s waffled a few times, here’s my current take. We need to have realistic expectations. Bug’s 1st game isn’t going to be as good as Elwin’s 4th. That being said, “good” games can still exist in a collection with “the best” games. True, they are similar themes - but I think what can make them co-exist is that they have different tones. Godzilla, while campy, is presented a bit more serious & metal, with speed and brutality. Ultraman seems to be going for more full light-hearted camp…now, at the current code state, we don’t know how it will all turn out - but my hope is that they lean into that campiness fully, stuff it with as much funny footage & sound effects as possible, and leverage those assets into really fun and funny modes. Elwin has indeed blown up the pinball world with his wild designs and rules…but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other games that put a huge smile on my face.

…but yeah…you have to be down with being a guinea pig on this one. Whether you have the patience or stomach for it will ultimately decide whether you stick with it or bail.

#2485 2 years ago

Code wise, even at this stage its more fun to shoot then Godzilla. Layout wise? Godzilla is superior, but the game is still hell a fun to shoot.

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I’m looking to keep UM and I may add Godzilla in future. In 2 years, you will not be able to find UM unless the game literally sucks and no one wants to permanently house it. I just don’t see the suck happening. Only 500 total. Only ~350 CE. Once those all get housed and supply dries…good luck.
I also bought UM to look at and not play it cuz it’s a damn fine art package - the best package in my sole opinion I’ve seen on any game. If I end up playing it…that’s just gravy!
How many times have recent games been dumped due to negative early press and early code then crazy demand once no longer produced and code matures. I’m looking at you POTC and GB and many others. In 2 years, you can pickup NIB Godzilla pro/premium or gently used no problem.

I would have to agree with everything you said. I do think these will get refined nicely in the code, production stops, code gets perfected, and then these will be hard to find in the wild. It IS a fun game - I've played it. I also hope they lean 100% into the campiness and fun, light-heartedness atmosphere of the game as it already has awesome lightshows and sound effects.

It's fun, the sounds bring a crowd, the lighting is awesome, and it's not hardcore and stressful - it's just fun to play. Not to mention, the art, seriously, is amazing. It's a unique game and only 500 will exist on the planet. It is what it is.

#2487 2 years ago

I've definitely though about jumping ship and looking into a Godzilla. My son thinks we should stick with Ultraman due to it's (perceived) rarity. That, and it looks amazing. Also, pretty sure we'd have to take a loss on Ultraman to get out at this point in time. I'd feel better if there was some feedback from Spooky on the future of Ultraman but seems like it's all Halloween these days.

#2488 2 years ago

It is a bummer we have to go to the Halloween thread to get updates from Spooky. It would be nice to get some assurance that Ultraman hasn’t been put on the back burner.

#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

It is a bummer we have to go to the Halloween thread to get updates from Spooky. It would be nice to get some assurance that Ultraman hasn’t been put on the back burner.

We get plenty of updates here .

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've definitely though about jumping ship and looking into a Godzilla. My son thinks we should stick with Ultraman due to it's (perceived) rarity. That, and it looks amazing. Also, pretty sure we'd have to take a loss on Ultraman to get out at this point in time. I'd feel better if there was some feedback from Spooky on the future of Ultraman but seems like it's all Halloween these days.

Godzilla is a winner in multiple ways. If you’re choosing between one or the other it would be hard to top Godzilla. If you can have both it will be cool

#2491 2 years ago

GZ is amazing but good luck finding an UM once the code is done in a year or two.

#2492 2 years ago

Apples and oranges. Spooky's design is more old-school, with more stop and go, less speed and less difficulty. This doesn't mean that it's easy, but Elwin is a pro and designs like a pro. My wife hates all of his games as they are just too fast and difficult. She loves W/B games and Spooky's TNA.

I like both styles. I think this table is going to be the happy medium. It's going to have good challenge for seasoned players, but average players will be able to have a blast too.

If it was just for me? I'd go Godzilla Premium all day, but I'm not disappointed at all to pass on that and take Ultraman. I have IMDNLE, a local pub with JP, and I'm sure GZ pro, mabye even premium, will be available in the wild everywhere. Not so much with UM.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

it's not hardcore and stressful - it's just fun to play.

agreed............it's smooth, fun, and a keeper.

All that bail on it now will likely regret it later. Like many have said in the last few posts.......good luck finding one in the wild 2 years from now.

#2494 2 years ago

As an early ACNC owner (#14), I can assure you the game that exists today will look 100% different in 6 months. They will put a TON of new content, polish and feedback suggestions in UM just like they did in ACNC.

#2495 2 years ago

I wouldn't worry.
Considering there are 500 Ultraman and 750 Rick & Morty made you should see them listed on Pinside in a few years for a reasonable asking price.

#2496 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

They will put a TON of new content, polish and feedback suggestions in UM just like they did in ACNC.

This.

I realise a lot of people these days have absolutely no patience whatsoever … I call it the Amazon Prime effect. Because you get used to having your packages delivered next day, everything else becomes a huge burden when it takes longer. Lol

Just rattle off some of the machines that have taken a while for code to develop, and how sort after they are now.

Bm66
Stranger things
Ghostbusters
GOTG
ACNC
Etc
Etc

Just exercise some patience. All will be well in the end.

rd

#2497 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This.
I realise a lot of people these days have absolutely no patience whatsoever … I call it the Amazon Prime effect. Because you get used to having your packages delivered next day, everything else becomes a huge burden when it takes longer. Lol
Just rattle off the machines that have taken a while for code to develop, and how sort after they are now.
Bm66
Stranger things
Ghostbusters
GOTG
ACNC
Etc
Etc
Just exercise some patience. All will be well in the end.
rd

Agree, enjoy the ride. It's kind of exciting getting new code updates to me.

#2498 2 years ago

Here's some gameplay from MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic). This was super hard to get acceptable audio as this game has a large amount of bass. But the second attempt yielded good results.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Here's some gameplay from MGC (Midwest Gaming Classic). This was super hard to get acceptable audio as this game has a large amount of bass. But the second attempt yielded good results.

Ey! You caught us chatting up Ben in the background :p

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/50?hl=mrg50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.