IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 55.
#2301 2 years ago

#51 left the building in Benton yesterday!

Looks to be arriving early next week! .............woohoo!

#2302 2 years ago

Has anyone streamed the newest Ultraman code?

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

When was there a code update? Any major changes?

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know on Facebook they announced a new update about a day or so ago. I think it’s similar to the Halloween update.

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Only found the Halloween so far.

#2306 2 years ago

Like to now more about these. Seem to be something that the Halloween game doesn't have corresponding. It does light up but doesnt seem to have inserts.

Thoughts?

11713C95-3831-41BD-B511-0D64168A410D (resized).jpeg11713C95-3831-41BD-B511-0D64168A410D (resized).jpegE113D192-B888-48E8-B695-956647E1FC22 (resized).jpegE113D192-B888-48E8-B695-956647E1FC22 (resized).jpeg
#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Here is the link.
A number of folks have had issues with the update.

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Like to now more about these. Seem to be something that the Halloween game doesn't have corresponding. It does light up but doesnt seem to have inserts.
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

They are similar on both games. The top insert represents the three main multiball modes (Baltan, Benular, Jerahs / Hedge, Sanitarium, House). The middle insert represents the drop target ball lock (Grave / Science Patrol). The bottom insert represents the six main modes (Pigmon / Pumpkin). My thinking is they will either track progress towards the wizard modes or help the player keep track of which modes are stacked.

PS: Can any other owners help explain how the game handles the drop target ball lock? When I start some modes with a ball locked, I will occasionally have an extra ball fire out from the ball trough. I'm wondering if this is perhaps a code error or switch error.

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Here is the link.

I am hopeful that they separate the code pathway of the two games a bit. There is so much more material for Ultraman, no reason to let the limited material for Halloween limit Ultraman from being all it can be.

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Here is the link.

I used a smaller zip dive. That could have been my issue.

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am hopeful that they separate the code pathway of the two games a bit. There is so much more material for Ultraman, no reason to let the limited material for Halloween limit Ultraman from being all it can be.

I agree 100% with this statement. Please spooky make this happen. Looking forward to mine arriving and someone post some new videos of new code, we need a fix.

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree, and i believe it is the easier path for Spooky right now, on top of that it is a personal favorite of Bug's, but they have a larger volume of buyer's for HWN they need to cater to as well.
Once the code for each is more mature i suspect we will see some dichotomy.

#2313 2 years ago

Looking to sell my pre-order spot. I’d like to break-even $ wise. A couple things have come up that necessitate me having to give up my spot. If you guys know anybody interested let ‘em know

SOLD!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “Selling my preorder spot for Ultraman BSE#405. Ordered directly through Spooky- you will owe the balance for the machine when it is being built. Once I receive confirmation of pay...”
2022-02-17
Eureka, IL
500 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 1467 times
Contributed to Pinside

#2314 2 years ago

Having one programmer working on two titles at the same time is surely going to limit the depth of code on both games unfortunately. And I’m sure Spooky won’t want to make one better than the other. Both are looking good to me I just hope the programmer stays interested over the next two years and both games become really fleshed out.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#2315 2 years ago

I don't think there really is much an issue with a couple developers supporting two machines simultaneously that have similar mechanics. I'd wager they probably have a config based rules set that allows for quick changes. Hopefully they have some of that as well for other things.

Looks like they have expanded production capability based on video I saw and I'll have to pony up some cash soon. Can't wait though I might get a chance Friday to play one on location.

#2316 2 years ago

Tuesday October 19th at 2pm Central

From the steady hand of artist Attack Peter, “Ultraman Vs. Alien Baltan” is made from a hand-cut linoleum block, printed by the artist himself in his studio! Signed and stamped in a numbered edition of 100 copies. Produced on handmade Lokta paper, imported from Nepal!

This lino-cut print measures 20×30″ and is signed by Peter in a numbered edition of 100 copies.

“Ultraman Vs. Alien Baltan” will be $100, limit 2 per household.

https://store.nakatomiinc.com/ultraman.aspx

Ultra (resized).JPGUltra (resized).JPG
#2317 2 years ago

Hey everybody! We've had a small group of people who's games have crashed after downloading the latest code update. If this happens just email [email protected] directly and he will give you the instructions on how to fix it. Thank you for your patience!

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:T
“Ultraman Vs. Alien Baltan” will be $100, limit 2 per household.
https://store.nakatomiinc.com/ultraman.aspx
[quoted image]

This is pretty cool, thanks for sharing.
We have other linoleum block prints in the house so this will fit right in (sort of).

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everybody! We've had a small group of people who's games have crashed after downloading the latest code update. If this happens just email [email protected] directly and he will give you the instructions on how to fix it. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for checking in Bug!
As things are sill in Early Field Trials, it's good to uncover the issues early.

Keep going man things are really taking shape!

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

100% Spooky should ..

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Having one programmer working on two titles at the same time is surely going to limit the depth of code on both games unfortunately. And I’m sure Spooky won’t want to make one better than the other. Both are looking good to me I just hope the programmer stays interested over the next two years and both games become really fleshed out.

Simple get 2 teams coding.

1300 Halloween
500 Ultraman x 9k = $16,000,000 ^^^
There is plenty of room to code both games properly and individually..

#2322 2 years ago

Ultraman #45 is now on location at Brewskis Bar & Arcade in San Diego. Come check it out!

20211019_231021_HDR (resized).jpg20211019_231021_HDR (resized).jpg
#2323 2 years ago

Very cool seeing Ultraman and Godzilla side-by-side! Played some Godzilla and really liked it, no doubt a great pin. But Ultraman looks so much better (imo)!

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Ultraman #45 is now on location at Brewskis Bar & Arcade in San Diego. Come check it out!
[quoted image]

I'm guessing that is a Godzilla pro? Now that they are side by side what is your feedback like, which is more fun to play?

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Simple get 2 teams coding.
1300 Halloween
500 Ultraman x 9k = $16,000,000 ^^^
There is plenty of room to code both games properly and individually..

Well that's a happy path end of the rainbow # your calculating. They got 2k deposits on a good %
of those machines for sure. Your better comparison would be Sales of Rick and Morty and ACNC and
how that has allowed them to grow to support the above 1800 machines in a year. Next release
I imagine that they could start to think about hiring more software dev talent. Figure it takes a
senior dev (130-180k) and 2 juniors (90-110k) thats a sizable investment and where you going to
find many with the experience to do that type of work. Onboarding talent is expensive most developers are
fickle. That's a 500k investment but more like 1 mil commitment. That's a huge investment when Pinball is possibly
at it's peak. Will we see the market continue to grow or back to 2000. Keep letting those guys make the good decision
of growing slow. How big of a Market is Pinball anyway.

The SMART thing to do would be figuring out how to leverage Open Source Development to blow frickin Stern out of water.
Think an Army of FREE developers with some Perks thrown in is a much better path.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Well that's a happy path end of the rainbow # your calculating. They got 2k deposits on a good %
of those machines for sure. Your better comparison would be Sales of Rick and Morty and ACNC and
how that has allowed them to grow to support the above 1800 machines in a year. Next release
I imagine that they could start to think about hiring more software dev talent. Figure it takes a
senior dev (130-180k) and 2 juniors (90-110k) thats a sizable investment and where you going to
find many with the experience to do that type of work. Onboarding talent is expensive most developers are
fickle. That's a 500k investment but more like 1 mil commitment. That's a huge investment when Pinball is possibly
at it's peak. Will we see the market continue to grow or back to 2000. Keep letting those guys make the good decision
The SMART thing to do would be figuring out how to leverage Open Source Development to blow frickin Stern out of water.
Think an Army of FREE developers with some Perks thrown in is a much better path.

Wouldn't even have to be proper open source. Have a private repo, but allow folks to sign contracts to gain access and make free contributions/bug fixes, etc.

#2327 2 years ago

Think bigger.. Get the coders and get Halloween and Ultraman in top code shape. Then on to the next Spooky pins. Win Win for all.

#2328 2 years ago

I would agree 100%, going open source would blow-up (in a good way) these two pins! Given the IP restrictions, there would have to be some sort of approval process and a private repo, but the results could be incredible!

#2329 2 years ago

It's a Can-O-Worms for sure. Not enough time to fairly delve into this. I keep having to remind myself that in this
age of Assets video & sound interaction it really complicates the entire development. Setting up open-source would
be cool. P-Rock kind did that. Guess it would be nice to have a more turn key - jump start. Build-Your-Own-Pinball
construction kit. Complete with Cabinet, b-rated movie clips, open source sound and basic pinball skeleton. P-Rock
but more turnkey. Throw in some starter template.

So to be fair - with all the onscreen interaction these days, videos and sound. It does complicate things. What could
a company really open up without getting paranoid they'll have P-Wee Herman JP retheme out there.

#2330 2 years ago

Integrating light shoes, music, video content, rules…people would be bricking machines left and right with open source coding. It’s totally not feasible even without the IP holder issues. Also, I think suggesting it is attune to those people that put up an “art contest” online (“design me a logo, winner gets $100 bucks”)…it’s kind of insulting to the professionals that do coding for a career just like those art contests are insulting to artists to see how little the general public values their hard work and craft.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Integrating light shoes, music, rules…people would be bricking machines with open source coding.

Wouldn't you integrate light shoes just by wearing them while playing the game? That doesn't seem so hard to do.
light shoes (resized).jpglight shoes (resized).jpg

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

I'm guessing that is a Godzilla pro? Now that they are side by side what is your feedback like, which is more fun to play?

No need to guess re: Stern Godzilla model, but cool to see these side by side on location and great question!

Sooo ... what's the word? AND wish you were closer on the West Coast so I could decide for myself!

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No need to guess re: Stern Godzilla model, but cool to see these side by side on location and great question!
Sooo ... what's the word? AND wish you were closer on the West Coast so I could decide for myself!

Don't get me wrong I like the way the premium and the LE Godzilla looks, I just feel like the building shot reminds me of a toss up of Sterns Raiders of the ark when all balls drop and Bally's Dr. Who , and the Bridge shot is kind of a rip off of Ultramans 3rd playfield cross over bridge , unless they had that bridge already planned , but he'll I still want to play it, but I will own Ultraman...

#2334 2 years ago

Well.....................I took possession of Ultraman this week! It is amazing! I was a perma-grin smile from the moment I first hit the on button and then some until I finally turned it off that first night. The machine plays super smooth with nice flow and the callouts, sound effects, and video clips are spot on. Well done everyone at Spooky and thank you soooooo much! An awesome game and a class act company. Go Spooky!

And the "butter" finish? Sweet! Totally worth it for me..........I touch those glass like smooth sides before I fall asleep and every morning when I wake up since it has arrived. I have a pretty small living space and Ultraman is literally right beside my bed. Not a bad thing. At all.

#2335 2 years ago

Just got contacted for shipping info on my machine yesterday. Pretty excited. #77

#2336 2 years ago

If you want a Collectors Edition, you can get this slot which will be built soon and save you $150:

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

Yes, we want feedback plz plz plz
They both look great, both layouts have great potential, and apparently the GZ code is ahead of UM.
But which one is the funniest to shoot?

#2338 2 years ago

Play them both and decide for yourself. I'm not being sarcastic, only you can judge whats fun for YOU. Don't trust others peoples opinions as they can be very different from the way you define 'fun'

Quoted from stf_dnx:

Yes, we want feedback plz plz plz
They both look great, both layouts have great potential, and apparently the GZ code is ahead of UM.
But which one is the funniest to shoot?

#2339 2 years ago

Up to 77.. Any other higher numbers contacted..

#2340 2 years ago

Up to 77.. Any other higher numbers contacted..

Don't get too excited. I just emailed Spooky today for status as i am #56.
Inv paid on 10/14, no news on shipping yet.

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, I think suggesting it is attune to those people that put up an “art contest” online (“design me a logo, winner gets $100 bucks”)…it’s kind of insulting to the professionals that do coding for a career just like those art contests are insulting to artists to see how little the general public values their hard work and craft.

Seeing as how people are volunteering, not being solicited to do this, this comparison is entirely invalid. For your example to hold water, it would have to be Spooky asking us to do something, not us offering to do something for them. Nobody in the art world *has* to accept the terms of those contests. It's skeezy as hell, and it's manipulating people for commercial work that the vast majority will be unpaid, but nobody held a gun to their heads and said "DRAW!" (Ironically or not.)

As far as being offensive to professional coders? I'm going to preface this by saying that I have no experience with Spooky prior to this, and my experience is mostly related to Stern. This in NO WAY WHATSOEVER is me calling out Fawzma or anyone else at Spooky. This is a GENERALIZATION. So what. If it offends them, then maybe they should stick up for their position by doing better, or convincing their employers that they need more help if things aren't able to be finished in a timely manner....or ever. The second part of that especially is a HELL of a lot more feasible for a small company like Spooky than a big "gotta keep the line moving full speed no matter what happens" place like Stern. I'm NOT saying open source is a good solution here...it's not, for a multitude of reasons, but this isn't one of them. Pinball has a terrible history of unfinished or worse, half-assed code (example: WPT is unfinished but certainly not half-assed. Stargate code is "finished" but fully-assed. ). Spooky isn't exempt from this. They're landing HUGE licenses right now, and code needs to be complete. It doesn't have to be fantastically *deep*....but it does need to be complete and make good use of assets and theme.

IF (and I stress that) they can't get completed code for 2 games at once...then this should be the last we see of this double theme experiment. I think the circumstances in which this happened were pretty unique anyways. I would love for code to diverge on these two games and be a bit different so that they can maybe use more of the Ultraman material, but at the same time, we don't know what's actually planned vs. what will get done...it's still too early to bitch about it, really. My take on this is more or less always going to be to allow reasonable time for code to be finished. If they announce the next game and it's not done or real close.... that's going to be worrying. Code for a complete experience first, then go back for things like staging balls, then, if there's resources available to do it, go back for deeper stuff, multiball stacking, code divergence ETC.

Ultimately, I'm not all that concerned, and I don't think anyone else should be at this point, but I can certainly understand where it comes from. We've been let down on this stuff in the past, a LOT, as a whole. I don't know enough about Spooky's prior games to make any kind of educated statement towards them specifically. I know that I've seen people say that R&M ended up in a good place, and ACNC sorta-kinda-didn't...but I haven't researched any of that.

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Play them both and decide for yourself. I'm not being sarcastic, only you can judge whats fun for YOU. Don't trust others peoples opinions as they can be very different from the way you define 'fun'

Yeah I know, but if you take out personal opinions from pinside forum, well, 99% of these threads would not be here.
I'm fine with a subjective opinion from the few who have play both tables so far.

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Don't get too excited. I just emailed Spooky today for status as i am #56.
Inv paid on 10/14, no news on shipping yet.

I second That. I am #67 and I have NOT heard any news on shipping yet. Not sure how #77 would be slipped in front of us?

#2344 2 years ago

Haven't heard anything on shipping for #57 either. Gap between final invoice and shipping notice for us on Rick and Morty was 14 days. Not sure if the same pattern will hold here, but that would be Oct 28th for us.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Haven't heard anything on shipping for #57 either. Gap between final invoice and shipping notice for us on Rick and Morty was 14 days. Not sure if the same pattern will hold here, but that would be Oct 28th for us.

Here was the breakdown in invoice to ship date for my game......#51..........

10/4 final invoice

10/12 game completed

10/13 game shipped

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Here was the breakdown in invoice to ship date for my game......#51..........
10/4 final invoice
10/12 game completed
10/13 game shipped

That makes lots more sense. 8 days to build is not bad.
I am hoping to hear next week.

#2347 2 years ago

I thought I would give an update here. Morgan emailed me earlier, that My Ultraman #67 left the building. Trucking company just called and wanted to deliver on Thursday! Bummer, I am at EXPO. So they are delivering on Monday! WOO HOOO!!

#2348 2 years ago

I know this is the lamest complaint but it's looking like my game will be ready around Christmas and I'm not looking forward to getting my invoice in December
I have the small collection my life has afforded me but Ultraman will be the most expensive thing I've ever owned (including my car. I'd rather own more games than a better car lol)
I am both excited and mildly stressed

#2349 2 years ago

Has anyone streamed this since the latest code update?

#2350 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone streamed this since the latest code update?

I haven't seen anything. The main changes are the collection of "spacium" which can be spent by shooting the mystery scoop. It's okay. I think there are some more exciting choices they could add, but the backend is now there. The other major change is the ability to select which of the Pigmon modes you want to play. This is great. There also seem to be a few additional video clips during these modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/47?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.