IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 55.
#2251 2 years ago

Game number 11 arrived at my friends house a couple weeks ago. Very fun playing machine. Really like those server delivery systems. This may have been addressed, but I noticed a couple items in the menu that were not accessible . I do not know what version software it is offhand.

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We didn’t have any issues out of the box. The QC was fabulous on this game. Kudos to Spooky.
This is the best looking art package ever done by Spooky in my view…and the game is loaded with challenging but makable shots. Very nice design from these guys. This game - and it’s sister - will be big hits. The upper playfields are superbly well done with ample shots and the ball doesn’t stay stuck in them too long. Fabulous light-show too boot, that will only keep getting better with code updates.
My only minor refinement I would consider so far is reducing the time waiting for the ball (after you hit the scoop) to kick out to the flippers - it’s currently about three seconds, I’d reduce it to one second (assuming the balls are staged and ready like on R&M, which I assume they are).

They aren't staged.

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That's not quite what I'm talking about when I say, "Don't start the Jirahs until you start multiball." I still want to be able to shoot the upper playfield as a part of single ball play. Right now the mode starts right when you get to the upper playfield. My preference would be to allow the player reach the upper playfield without starting the mode or multiball. Shoot the super-eight spinners to qualify the crossing shot for one second per spin. If you shoot the crossing shot you lock a ball otherwise the drop target resets and you're back to shooting the super-eight spinners. Lock three (or four) balls to start the mode and multiball.
If this is implemented, they would also have increase the number of shots required to start Bemular on the middle playfield. Right now it's 5-6 shots, which is rather easy. If you can shoot these shots when you lose your ball off the upper playfield it would be even easier. My preference would be to keep this similar to the upper playfield. Shoot the standup targets to qualify the scoop for X seconds. If you shoot the scoop you lock a ball otherwise the drop target resets and you're back to shooting the standup targets. When a ball is locked it becomes similar to the "Rescue Dorthy" mode in Wizard of Oz. Bash the middle playfield targets until the locked ball is freed for the start of mode and multiball.
The benefits of these changes would be a substantial increase in opportunities to shoot meaningful shots on the upper playfield and middle playfield. I do have a small list of other changes I'd like to see, but this change is at the top of my list.
PS: The only reason I mention the option of four balls for the upper playfield is that would match the inserts.

Ah yes I see exactly what you mean I sure hope they fix the code to do this ,it would make the multi balls much more meaningful and you would have to earn them and I love drop targets that 3rd upper playfield shot is why I am buying the game . Thanks again for the tutorials on the game best ones I've seen so far that make sense.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They aren't staged.

Yea there has been talk of adding it but I am not sure if it is definitely coming from Spooky. I don't have a pic of the playfield underside. But wouldn't there need to be a staged ball at both inlanes?

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

Ah yes I see exactly what you mean I sure hope they fix the code to do this ,it would make the multi balls much more meaningful and you would have to earn them and I love drop targets that 3rd upper playfield shot is why I am buying the game . Thanks again for the tutorials on the game best ones I've seen so far that make sense.

I imagine if they do this it would end up being an option in settings to turn it on/off, as the 2 additional balls would need to be added, including to machines already shipped. They may even just say, turn it on and add your own balls.

Assumption: You have balls.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea there has been talk of adding it but I am not sure if it is definitely coming from Spooky. I don't have a pic of the playfield underside. But wouldn't there need to be a staged ball at both inlanes?

This pic shows undercarriage and should suffice for subway location.
Zoom in to see the left and right subways.

HWN Undercarriage.jpegHWN Undercarriage.jpeg
#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I imagine if they do this it would end up being an option in settings to turn it on/off, as the 2 additional balls would need to be added, including to machines already shipped. They may even just say, turn it on and add your own balls.
Assumption: You have balls.

I'm good with being able to turn on this setting that would be fine! This should be able to be done without adding balls to the game ,kind of like a wash and repeat until you get the multi ball , but if there is one thing I have is balls! I do not mind added them if necessary.

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

I'm glad you like them. They are the first gameplay videos I've ever recorded. The upper playfield is great. I don't think you will be disappointed either way, but I obviously have some proposals that I think would make even more exciting to shoot.

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea there has been talk of adding it but I am not sure if it is definitely coming from Spooky.

I believe very early on (shortly after the reveal), someone in this thread suggested staging a ball on each lifter, and Luke or Bug said it might be possible and they'd look into it. I can't find the comment back but maybe someone else can.

I don't think it was confirmed in any way though, so I wouldn't assume it's coming until we hear otherwise. It definitely was not their original intention like it was with Rick + Morty.

Hard to tell from pictures, are there optos/ball switches at the bottom of the lifters?

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

This pic shows undercarriage and should suffice for subway location.
Zoom in to see the left and right subways.
[quoted image]

Oh man, look at that mess under the upper playfields. I pray I never need to work on anything in there.

#2261 2 years ago

Where is the Shooter rod??

ULTRAMAN-shooter-rod-100x100 (resized).jpgULTRAMAN-shooter-rod-100x100 (resized).jpg
#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Where is the Shooter rod??[quoted image]

SpookyLuke has mentioned in the past they were not yet ready, but we have not heard when they will be shipping those out as far as i know.

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Hard to tell from pictures, are there optos/ball switches at the bottom of the lifters?

There are seven optos in the left subway. One under each scoop and four lined up by the servo lifter. There are three optos in the right subway. One under the drop from the middle playfield, one from the scoop, and one right on top of the servo lifter. Staging on that left side will be easy. Staging on the right side is a bit more complicated. If the game ever misses a ball entering the scoop, there is no backup to tell the game that there are two balls at the lifter.

I wasn't actually checking on the optos about staging. I was investigating if it was an intentional choice to start and end the quick battles when the ball falls off of the middle playfield. My preference would be to only start or end the modes with a direct shot to the Beta Capsule. Seeing that there are independent optos for each entrance to the subway, I hope that is something that will be added as an option in the menu. Right now I'm guessing half of my modes start and end with an accidental drains from the middle playfield.

Quoted from happyclan:

Oh man, look at that mess under the upper playfields. I pray I never need to work on anything in there.

They could add a few more cable tiedowns, but other then that I don't think you would have a problem. It's just different having all the connections under the playfield versus split between there and the backbox.

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Where is the Shooter rod??[quoted image]

I know this if those shooter rods light up! Would be even better!

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I believe very early on (shortly after the reveal), someone in this thread suggested staging a ball on each lifter, and Luke or Bug said it might be possible and they'd look into it. I can't find the comment back but maybe someone else can.
I don't think it was confirmed in any way though, so I wouldn't assume it's coming until we hear otherwise. It definitely was not their original intention like it was with Rick + Morty.

I spoke with Bug at Allentown and asked about staging a ball at the lifters and he said yes they were looking into it. I'm pretty sure there was also talk of this early on during a podcast or somewhere? But more recently, Luke mentioned (here on pinside) that staging at the lifters could be added in a future update but it was lower priority.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But wouldn't there need to be a staged ball at both inlanes?

Yes - from a software perspective this wouldn’t be very difficult.

First subway shot to either side would become the staged ball for that game. When the game ends the lifters would push the balls out and the cycle repeats for every game - like a physical ball lock.

#2267 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yes - from a software perspective this wouldn’t be very difficult.
First subway shot to either side would become the staged ball for that game. When the game ends the lifters would push the balls out and the cycle repeats for every game - like a physical ball lock.

I don't know the right answer, but I'm interested in the conversation. Do you have any concerns about this type of staging creating more confusion for new players? Right now the game is consistent. This change would mean the first ball into the left and right scoops would come from the shooter lane. The second ball from each scoop is going to come back instantly from the inlanes.

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We didn’t have any issues out of the box. The QC was fabulous on this game. Kudos to Spooky.
This is the best looking art package ever done by Spooky in my view…and the game is loaded with challenging but makable shots. Very nice design from these guys. This game - and it’s sister - will be big hits. The upper playfields are superbly well done with ample shots and the ball doesn’t stay stuck in them too long. Fabulous light-show too boot, that will only keep getting better with code updates.
My only minor refinement I would consider so far is reducing the time waiting for the ball (after you hit the scoop) to kick out to the flippers - it’s currently about three seconds, I’d reduce it to one second (assuming the balls are staged and ready like on R&M, which I assume they are).

Absolutely love to hear this stuff! That's what we want on every game out of the box! Thank you!!!

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

SpookyLuke has mentioned in the past they were not yet ready, but we have not heard when they will be shipping those out as far as i know.

Light the RODS sounds good to me..

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Light the RODS sounds good to me..

I'm assuming they won't come that way from Spooky, but I'm sure some modder will.

#2271 2 years ago

There will be an Ultraman code update coming in the next couple weeks here with a lot of the same treatment that the October 1st Halloween update came with. Sit tight!

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

There will be an Ultraman code update coming in the next couple weeks here with a lot of the same treatment that the October 1st Halloween update came with. Sit tight!

Was wondering, so thanks! I dig a lot of the little touches you guys added on the Halloween code. Just made things look a lot more polished, like the leaves falling and the mode select.

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Yeah, thanks Bug!
Everybody sitting patiently to hear about this.
Looking forward to what you have been brewing in the Spooky stills.

#2274 2 years ago

Can't wait to be able to choose the modes like in Halloween. That will add an extra layer of strategy with mode stacking.

#2275 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for one, UMCE spot #193 for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122330

#2276 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

If anyone is looking for one, UMCE spot #193 for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122330

Boooooooooo :p

#2277 2 years ago

Not to necro this thread, but how are folks with their numbers? I'm 294 so basically waiting until the heat death of the universe.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Not to necro this thread, but how are folks with their numbers? I'm 294 so basically waiting until the heat death of the universe.

Uh yeah, okay.

GTFO of here with that, and come back to me when you're in the 400-500 range.

#2279 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh yeah, okay.
GTFO of here with that, and come back to me when you're in the 400-500 range.

Hahaha.

So it looks like happyclan is looking at early summer '22.
It took 1 year (exactly) from the date of order to date of build for my R&M.
It was worth the wait, and I suspect Ultraman will be equally worth the wait for any numbers.

#2280 2 years ago

What is the latest number delivered so far? I'm #102. Wondering how far off I am.

#2281 2 years ago

Frax Ouch. I will stop whining!

Morinack Thanks for the estimate. This is my first Spooky so good to know. I guess I'll watch the twitch videos and pretend I have it.

And by the time I get it, we'll have that annoying sling noise fixed. And yes, it's a "noise" not a sound.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What is the latest number delivered so far? I'm #102. Wondering how far off I am.

They have not shipped anything beyond the first 50 AFAIK.
I am #56 and have sent my build info in, but not received an invoice yet.

#2283 2 years ago

#17 arriving here Friday

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

#17 arriving here Friday

Must’ve just got the call!! Longest three weeks of my life. #16 coming Wednesday.

Elektra is headed to the basement. She will be amongst friends!

386EDF91-F2BE-4ED1-944C-F515EAE208A3 (resized).jpeg386EDF91-F2BE-4ED1-944C-F515EAE208A3 (resized).jpeg

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Interesting............I'm #51 and I am invoiced out. Maybe you missed an email Morinack ?

And stoked that games are getting shipped! Morgoth00 & paulbaptiste right fn on! Nice way to start the week with news like that!

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Interesting............I'm #51 and I am invoiced out. Maybe you missed an email Morinack ?
And stoked that games are getting shipped! Morgoth00 & paulbaptise right fn on! Nice way to start the week with news like that!

Uhoh. I did order a butter cabinet.
Just the same I'll ping Squirrel in the morning.

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Quoted from lifefloat:

And stoked that games are getting shipped! Morgoth00 & paulbaptise right fn on! Nice way to start the week with news like that!

I am #57, also have not received an invoice yet, did not choose the butter cabinet. Got the email requesting shipping information and cab choice on 10/1.

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They aren't staged.

Ah, well, in looking at the posts below it seems that there is reasonable hope for them to be staged in future code releases, but that this is not a guarantee.

I’m pretty enthusiastic to watch this game develop through the code. Who is doing the code? It is not the same fellow that did R&M?

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, well, in looking at the posts below it seems that there is reasonable hope for them to be staged in future code releases, but that this is not a guarantee.
I’m pretty enthusiastic to watch this game develop through the code. Who is doing the code? It is not the same fellow that did R&M?

Nope, that was Eric.

This is being done by the person that did RZ.

#2290 2 years ago

I asked playfield-protectors.com about the UM availability for a protector. Frank said 4-6 weeks to start making them. But they're still getting their hands on a machine.

Please no debate on protectors! This thread is so civil.

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Nope, that was Eric.
This is being done by the person that did RZ.

This is a bit misleading. He was all alone on RZ. He also did ACNC with the help of Bowen and that pin has fantastic code. I have the same optimism for UM/Halloween.

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

This is a bit misleading. He was all alone on RZ. He also did ACNC with the help of Bowen and that pin has fantastic code. I have the same optimism for UM/Halloween.

Hopefully this goes well like that. I've never played ACNC, but pretty much every RZ owner (myself included) feels pretty abandoned on multiple levels.

#2293 2 years ago

... He also did ACNC with the help of Bowen and that pin has fantastic code. ...

ACNC's code is good, but I won't consider it to be fantastic until it receives (if ever) the final polishing needed for weapons use, multiballs, ball save, misc ongoing bugs, etc.

Updates have been comparatively slow to be issued too. I hope UM is an improvement.

#2294 2 years ago

Is Bowen helping on UM/Halloween as well?

The man that did R&M code is one of the best coders I’ve seen in pinball. I hope they have him consulting or something as well on UM.

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is Bowen helping on UM/Halloween as well?
The man that did R&M code is one of the best coders I’ve seen in pinball. I hope they have him consulting or something as well on UM.

When i asked in an email, squirrel replied...

Design was Karis Borloff lol
rules & code are Bug (Corwin Emery) & Fawzma with Bowen Kerins advising.
Thanks!
Morgan Emery
Spooky Pinball LLC

#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

ACNC's code is good, but I won't consider it to be fantastic until it receives (if ever) the final polishing needed for weapons use, multiballs, ball save, misc ongoing bugs, etc.

Agreed, fantastic is a bit of a stretch. I do really enjoy the whole package when I get a chance to play it, which isn't all that often.

#2297 2 years ago

Agreed, fantastic is a bit of a stretch. I do really enjoy the whole package when I get a chance to play it, which isn't all that often.

Definitely. Code isn't perfect by any means but it's a blast to play. I just wish there was always something to do in every room. Eg, weapons tied to rooms instead of active monster and can be collected as you pass through at any time. Or get waylaid by random monsters, etc., similar to the fly.

#2298 2 years ago

Arrived today! I think it ties the room together nicely!

49F06888-A0C4-4141-87D4-EF41B296822C (resized).jpeg49F06888-A0C4-4141-87D4-EF41B296822C (resized).jpeg57E60978-B22B-4705-ACA6-C110126F4B3A (resized).jpeg57E60978-B22B-4705-ACA6-C110126F4B3A (resized).jpegAF9BDA14-B9A5-4567-BF57-F282B43825FD (resized).jpegAF9BDA14-B9A5-4567-BF57-F282B43825FD (resized).jpegE74461BD-479F-417C-B311-F998F16890EF (resized).jpegE74461BD-479F-417C-B311-F998F16890EF (resized).jpegEA36E8AD-9024-476E-9FDC-E2E9C285F530 (resized).jpegEA36E8AD-9024-476E-9FDC-E2E9C285F530 (resized).jpeg
#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

... I think it ties the room together nicely!

Dude ... your phone's ringing.

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Definitely. Code isn't perfect by any means but it's a blast to play. I just wish there was always something to do in every room. Eg, weapons tied to rooms instead of active monster and can be collected as you pass through at any time. Or get waylaid by random monsters, etc., similar to the fly.

Agreed. For the record, I love my ACNC's vibe - which is the bottom line for me with any game. But its code is not its strongest attribute.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/46?hl=oliviarium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.