IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 55.
#2151 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Does Pinball Browser work on Spooky games for changing sounds?

No. But more than likely they will change the sounds if they continue to receive feedback - they made several sound changes (including the slingshots) early on with ACNC.

#2152 2 years ago

Yeah, the sling sounds need to be a “fight impact” sound like a punch or kick…or even one of Ultrman’s “shyah!” voices. The current sound effect is too loud, long, and annoying.

#2153 2 years ago

I had that thought, then quickly decided that it would be super annoying especially in multiball as well. Probably the good old "thwack" of a good hit is where it's at. I appreciate the sci-fi sound, but it's just too loud and omnipresent in the videos. Simply dialing down the volume on that particular effect would go a long way.

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sorry. I big part of my job is running youth sports, so talking though actions is a bit of a habbit. I also tend to watch Bowen's tutorial videos, so that is a bit of the style that I emulate on camera. Just wish I could better emulate his gameplay.

Your commentary was great. Continue to make pinball vids. You're good at it.

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I had that thought, then quickly decided that it would be super annoying especially in multiball as well. Probably the good old "thwack" of a good hit is where it's at. I appreciate the sci-fi sound, but it's just too loud and omnipresent in the videos. Simply dialing down the volume on that particular effect would go a long way.

It's subjective, but I'm the type of person who thinks "D'OH Frenzy" is funny, so the thought of having a variety of Ultraman's grunts coming from the slings makes me laugh. Your mileage may vary. They're very short, so having a "SYAH!" "GAH!" "OOOH!" from slings vs. the BEEEBOOP BEEEBOOOOP sounds seems like a good idea to me.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, the sling sounds need to be a “fight impact” sound like a punch or kick…or even one of Ultrman’s “shyah!” voices. The current sound effect is too loud, long, and annoying.

Yes! SpookyLuke is this an option you could code in? I think we'd take a mute option just to hear the solenoid.

Still looking forward to it!

#2157 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Yes! SpookyLuke is this an option you could code in? I think we'd take a mute option just to hear the solenoid.

They just need to change the sound effect. It really is annoying.

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Games that don't have sling sound FX feel a bit unfinished to me...but a good sling sound effect is *chef's kiss*

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's subjective, but I'm the type of person who thinks "D'OH Frenzy" is funny, so the thought of having a variety of Ultraman's grunts coming from the slings makes me laugh. Your mileage may vary. They're very short, so having a "SYAH!" "GAH!" "OOOH!" from slings vs. the BEEEBOOP BEEEBOOOOP sounds seems like a good idea to me.

If they were varied and not a single sound effect, I can be down with that. Both DF and Fart Multiball on Family Guy make good use of a few different sound clips.

#2161 2 years ago

I didn't see a Club thread so i started one.
If one already existed i'll kill it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners#post-6523061

#2162 2 years ago

I watched a couple streams, game looks great. I'm with everyone else that the sling sound effects is a neat sound effect, but not a great fit for the slings. Something more percussive maybe? I dunno, but the game looks awesome. That's my only feedback. Ready for #92!!!

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If they were varied and not a single sound effect, I can be down with that. Both DF and Fart Multiball on Family Guy make good use of a few different sound clips.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying...they could randomly assign like 10 or 20 different Ultraman grunts 'n yells to the slings, I think that would be pretty funny & work well.

#2164 2 years ago

Agree with the sling sound. It’s either too loud compared to the other sounds, or is just too high pitch in general.

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sorry. I big part of my job is running youth sports, so talking though actions is a bit of a habbit. I also tend to watch Bowen's tutorial videos, so that is a bit of the style that I emulate on camera. Just wish I could better emulate his gameplay.

Your videos were great. Much appreciated.

#2167 2 years ago

https://nextshark.com/children-shows-cartoons-get-banned-china/

China just banned the ultra man show. I guess it was very popular there. I wonder if any pins were purchased from anyone in China and if there is any impact???

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

https://nextshark.com/children-shows-cartoons-get-banned-china/
China just banned the ultra man show. I guess it was very popular there. I wonder if any pins were purchased from anyone in China and if there is any impact???

Actually there is a buyer in Hong Kong if i recall.

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I didn't see a Club thread so i started one.
If one already existed i'll kill it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners#post-6523061

Why can’t this thread be converted to the owners thread instead of starting a whole new one? Too confusing to have multiple threads on the same subject matter.

#2171 2 years ago

Something had to have been assembled wrong or there was a piece missing. A friend of mine got a Metallica LE, and there was a part missing from the hammer lock mech, and any ball pulled under by the magnet would just fall into the cabinet. When I played the Ultraman at Ayce, I got the ball on that upper playfield a lot, and when it fell through the hole, it always went to the subway.

#2172 2 years ago

Thoughts after playing a few games:

Absolutely gorgeous machine. Worthy of going butter imo. Trim is blueish, not the same color as R&M.
Topper is good not great and I was surprised at how cool the speaker lighting effect was.
Speaking of speakers they are loud and clear, lots of bass from the woofer in the cabinet.
The slingshot sound should be tweaked, a little too loud and perhaps a better more kinetic sound could be used.
The assets used on the screen come together great, super retro feel to it. Hard to watch while playing though.
Shots feel good but there's a lot of room for making them more satisfying via better sound and choreography.
Overall the lighting package feels great and feels very modern, colorful, flashy.
Figuring out what to do or why something happened was often confusing. Player guidance needs improvement.
Ball staging will improve the flow of the game, the pace is slightly off without it.
Besides that the game is very fast and snappy and keeps you on edge.
The speed and geometry allowed for a lot of Lazarus saves from balls coming SDTM.
The mini-playfields are cooler in person than in pictures, so many details. Top one seemed under utilized.
They powder coated the wireform and even the small ball guides! Looks super cool and unique.
Baltan's laugh is awesome and they use it very well!

I have one on order and was considering selling my spot if I was disappointed after playing it. Now I am certain it will be bolted to the floor when it shows up. A little more maturity in the code and it will be perfect.

Thanks for making another great machine Spooky!

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Why can’t this thread be converted to the owners thread instead of starting a whole new one? Too confusing to have multiple threads on the same subject matter.

Good question for TigerLaw to answer?? I tried to make it a owners/club thread and was moderated 3 time for adding the word 'club'.

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Games that don't have sling sound FX feel a bit unfinished to me...but a good sling sound effect is *chef's kiss*

After watching and listening to several clips of this great game the sling sound is almost as annoying as a kid playing in the door way of a Seven Eleven setting off door chime! Others here are on right path ,here is my two cents , how about 3 punch sound effects followed by the every 4th hit of a sling to a key I grunt of Ultraman like his ewh scream that can change at random between slings this would give a more polished fighting effect and should enhance the game, please play with the idea Spooky, mine is gonna be awhile before it gets here.

#2175 2 years ago

Maybe have the sound tied to something other than the bottom slings. Such a prominent sound is tied to the least important and most scored item on the playfield. Maybe play the sound when a drop target is hit. Is the sound tied to advances on the map currently?

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

I was so sad Ultraman was not in the movie.

yeah, that was a missed mark on a couple of fronts given that the [ultraman] power-up was time based and limited to 3 minutes (in the book).
a quick search reveals why this happened the way that it did

Ernest Cline: “When I went to Japan it was hard to tell the Japanese fans that Ultraman wasn’t going to be in the movie. That was not because anybody withheld the rights from us. The company that owned Ultraman, Tsuburaya, was excited, but they were having a lawsuit with another company over the foreign rights to Ultraman.

“Because of this lawsuit, neither one of them could give us a clear chain of title to the character. Even though they both desperately wanted Ultraman to be part of a Steven Spielberg movie. Just because of the timing it couldn’t happen.”

https://www.fandom.com/articles/why-ultraman-isnt-in-ready-player-one

#2177 2 years ago
Quoted from Paragon4u:

After watching and listening to several clips of this great game the sling sound is almost as annoying as a kid playing in the door way of a Seven Eleven setting off door chime!

That is a good description. It sounds like an alert that you just received a text or something along those lines. So hearing it repeated just makes it really annoying.

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good question for TigerLaw to answer?? I tried to make it a owners/club thread and was moderated 3 time for adding the word 'club'.

The owners club thread is for positive and constructive talk. In here people are allowed to say the game sucks and no foul. In a club thread, that gets moderated. And a club thread can't exist before games are in hand. This thread has existed since it was announced.

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The owners club thread is for positive and constructive talk. In here people are allowed to say the game sucks and no foul. In a club thread, that gets moderated. And a club thread can't exist before games are in hand. This thread has existed since it was announced.

I never got this though. If I buy a game, join the club, then decide I don't like the game. I'm not allowed to express that in the club thread?
"Hey, leaving the club. Love the layout but the code does nothing for me. Nothing feels special. Too much punishment with too little reward" -AIQ thread

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I never got this though. If I buy a game, join the club, then decide I don't like the game. I'm not allowed to express that in the club thread?
"Hey, leaving the club. Love the layout but the code does nothing for me. Nothing feels special. Too much punishment with too little reward" -AIQ thread

lmao someone actually said that? AIQ is the least punishing game Stern has put out in.....a long time. By far the least punishing Elwin game.

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You can still express your displeasure, but the natural follow on would be to sell the game and leave the club thread.
If you look through the R&M club thread you will see there is a lot of less then satisfied opinions that eventually disappear.
Club threads are more heavily moderated to eliminate baiting and trolling and focus on what folks enjoy.

#2182 2 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1161992238

Watched an unboxing / gameplay stream last night.

#2183 2 years ago

I found the new Spooky Ultraman Collector's Edition on location! Here's my thoughts and a ton of pictures of it if anyone is interested.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/first-look-2021-spooky-pinball-ultraman-blood-sucker-edition

972503_e709c47e23e24cbd9244263475504b43_mv2 (resized).png972503_e709c47e23e24cbd9244263475504b43_mv2 (resized).png

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

I found the new Spooky Ultraman Blood Sucker Edition on location! Here's my thoughts and a ton of pictures of it if anyone is interested.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/first-look-2021-spooky-pinball-ultraman-blood-sucker-edition
[quoted image]

Collector's Edition

After watching Dri374 steam, the code does need work. But the game is fresh.

#2185 2 years ago

Hopefully when I get a chance to play it. CP Pinball has it. Not sure if it's butter cab or not but got some incentive to go make a visit.

#2186 2 years ago

That’s a CE, they havnt made BSEs yet.

I found the new Spooky Ultraman Blood Sucker Edition on location! Here's my thoughts and a ton of pictures of it if anyone is interested.
[quoted image]

#2187 2 years ago

Thanks for your first glimpse! Really nice pictures. Did you read the rules card? I'm curious because you said there were not many callouts and you had to follow the blinking lights. New games are not very intuitive, so the rules card usually spells things out for you and is always my first read before playing if there is one there. Helps the enjoyment immensely. Hope to see one in a barcade near me!

I found the new Spooky Ultraman Collector's Edition on location! Here's my thoughts and a ton of pictures of it if anyone is interested.
[quoted image]

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Collector's Edition

A big code update is coming next month.

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Ahhh. We do not want that…

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I don't see any reason we can't do this! I'll suggest it to Bug!

Also as for the game loosing the ball. Going to see if I can get them on the phone and get the root cause. Must be some sort of oddity as we never lost any at shows or on any other games I know of.

I'll honestly assume we will find some very odd ball traps or places the ball can squeeze into on this game with the 3 levels being so large. We knew that was a risk going into it but we really wanted to make this thing cool.

#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Collector's Edition

Should it have had a playfield under the main, the art is cool, yet…it would/could have been done; and added to the art. Of pinball.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Also as for the game loosing the ball. Going to see if I can get them on the phone and get the root cause. Must be some sort of oddity as we never lost any at shows or on any other games I know of.
I'll honestly assume we will find some very odd ball traps or places the ball can squeeze into on this game with the 3 levels being so large. We knew that was a risk going into it but we really wanted to make this thing cool.

+1 for punching sfx (at least during battles)

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

^Spooky rocks^

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It would be great if you guys replaced the current sound. I know there is a big update coming soon. I am hoping that effect has been replaced with it.

#2195 2 years ago

My daughter helped me put together Bemular last night. I like that the scale is the same as the Baltan figures from Back Ally creations.

20210930_080526 (resized).jpg20210930_080526 (resized).jpg
#2196 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

SpookyLuke you are my hero. In Spooky We Trust.

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My daughter helped me put together Bemular last night. I like that the scale is the same as the Baltan figures from Back Ally creations.[quoted image]

That is very nice... It really looks like it's part of the original design. Colors match well. With the wealth of models out there hoping to see more tasteful mods like this. Almost want to imitate yours but would rather come up with something. But dang yours is hard to top.

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My daughter helped me put together Bemular last night. I like that the scale is the same as the Baltan figures from Back Ally creations.[quoted image]

How did you attach it without ruining the plastic underneath? I always wanted to add toys to my pins but not sure how to attach it without ruining the art on the plastic.

#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

How did you attach it without ruining the plastic underneath? I always wanted to add toys to my pins but not sure how to attach it without ruining the art on the plastic.

Hot glue works pretty well.

#2200 2 years ago

3M adhesive double-sided tape works really well and you can cut it to size.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.