IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 55.
#1951 2 years ago

This is the computer as shown when they were talking with Marco.

7B285CC8-099B-438E-8EAA-76E0A5F7E599 (resized).png7B285CC8-099B-438E-8EAA-76E0A5F7E599 (resized).png
#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It’s a new controller designed by Ben Heck named “Pinotaur”.
Before that they were using PROC on ACNC and TNA. AMH and RZ were PinHeck boards.
Spooky has never used a PC for their production games.

To be clear, Ben Heck didn't actually design the boardset, he had a partner who did that. Ben did the coding for the boardset, I believe.

#1953 2 years ago

! DdesertT1 That looks like a big heat sink you'd find on a Graphics Board or power supply

Ages ago (15 years) I worked on some hardware / software in what seems like an alternate life building Power
over Ethernet / time Synchronization hardware it had a big old Garmin satellite chips on it. And here is the kicker
LED and Plasma displays for countdowns. Even then we had a CPU on the main board with embedded OS on it. I wonder
with all the supply chain issues if they modified things to leverage available resources to fast track game dev.
Love to see under the hood of Ultraman and Halloween.

Kaiju fever is intensifying around here. Kids been watching and requesting Kaiju toys and they
want me to make a Pacific Rim game for the fact that Dr. Gottlieb is a character in the game.

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Still can’t imagine why anyone would actually want to hear Halloween on a Ultraman themed game. Novelty would wear off in about 16 seconds.

I was wondering this also. I have two theories:
1) pinball people like to tinker and this was a natural opportunity to tinker (if I can, why wouldn't I?)
2) An unofficial kit without the art swap speaks to the crowd who wants to get the most value out of their games. 2 games in 1!

#1955 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Still can’t imagine why anyone would actually want to hear Halloween on a Ultraman themed game. Novelty would wear off in about 16 seconds.

I just think it'd be fun to run the game as Halloween for a week in October or whatever (and it wouldn't just be "hearing" Halloween, if you moved full code over light shows + video clips would come over too). Very unique opportunity that would just be a cool novelty for owners.

Totally understand why Spooky needs to nip it in the bud, if they paid for licensing on 500 units and it got back to the IP owners that there's an additional 1250 games out there that can be 'converted' with freely available software, that could definitely come back to bite Spooky in the ass... but I was hoping they'd just never officially do anything one way or the other.

#1956 2 years ago

I'll trade my bksor topper for someone's Ultraman spot. Played the game at a show and it is awesome!

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'll trade my bksor topper for someone's Ultraman spot. Played the game at a show and it is awesome!

Not sure why I laughed but thanks to you I have coffee on my monitor.. Was that a Bloodsuckers or CE your aiming for.. Asking for a friend lol.

#1958 2 years ago

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:Not sure why I laughed but thanks to you I have coffee on my monitor.. Was that a Bloodsuckers or CE your aiming for.. Asking for a friend lol.

Lol. It was meant to be a joke for sure. But if somebody wants to take me up on the offer, Bloodsucker!

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Contact KingPin or PinballStar, they may still have a few available.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

I was wondering this also. I have two theories:
1) pinball people like to tinker and this was a natural opportunity to tinker (if I can, why wouldn't I?)
2) An unofficial kit without the art swap speaks to the crowd who wants to get the most value out of their games. 2 games in 1!

Yeah, I don't think you'd keep it that way. It would just be a chance to see and play the game with different assets. If offered, I'd even be willing to pay extra for the ability to switch.

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I don't think you'd keep it that way. It would just be a chance to see and play the game with different assets. If offered, I'd even be willing to pay extra for the ability to switch.

Agreed! I'm one of the people that is still on the fence between themes. Obviously I'm not going to keep both games, but I certainly would swap ROMs periodically to temporarily change things up. I'd keep whichever theme resonated with me more, and pop the other in occasionally just for fun.

Super bummed to hear we can't do this.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Agreed! I'm one of the people that is still on the fence between themes. Obviously I'm not going to keep both games, but I certainly would swap ROMs periodically to temporarily change things up. I'd keep whichever theme resonated with me more, and pop the other in occasionally just for fun.
Super bummed to hear we can't do this.

Same here. I bet if we wouldn't have even mentioned it, they wouldn't have blocked it.

#1963 2 years ago

My distro advised yesterday that my UM (#18) is now ready for shipping. It will take a while to get to the UK, but great to get the confirmation!

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

My distro advised yesterday that my UM (#18) is now ready for shipping. It will take a while to get to the UK, but great to get the confirmation!

I haven't heard anything about my #17, not even an ask regarding butter.

#16 paulbaptiste how about you?

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I haven't heard anything about my #17, not even an ask regarding butter.
#16 paulbaptise how about you?

Morgoth00 No my friend, nothing at all yet. Waiting semi patiently of course!

#1966 2 years ago

Did any of the editions come with upgraded playfield glass?

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did the of the editions come with upgraded playfield glass?

No. That is not something Spooky has gotten into yet.

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

No. That is not something Spooky has gotten into yet.

Pricing problem at 2,000 sheets?
Interesting that 5,500 sheets (JJP) shows a different income model.

#1969 2 years ago

So has anyone received there Ultraman pinball in house yet? the first 11 were on assembly a few weeks back??

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

General question here. Do we know what kind of hardware is in this pin as far as boards? Does it have a PC like JJP uses? I really like the CGCs because the stick with the soild state stuff.

Quoted from Damonator:

It’s a new controller designed by Ben Heck named “Pinotaur”.
Before that they were using PROC on ACNC and TNA. AMH and RZ were PinHeck boards.
Spooky has never used a PC for their production games.

We actually do use a PC in some of the R&M machines. We originally intended to use a single-board computer (odroid, iirc), but ran into supply issues.

Also, to be more... blunt, regarding preventing software swapping, it's specifically so we don't get sued by licensors.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

So has anyone received there Ultraman pinball in house yet? the first 11 were on assembly a few weeks back??

There are a bunch done in boxes as well as more ready to be boxed. Atleast 20 I believe!

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

regarding preventing software swapping, it's specifically so we don't get sued by licensors.

I doubt anyone will care in 5 years

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

There are a bunch done in boxes as well as more ready to be boxed. Atleast 20 I believe!

Nice so exciting to see them in people's homes and mine hehe.

#1974 2 years ago

I got the call. Shouldn't be long now.

#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I got the call. Shouldn't be long now.

What number are you?

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

What number are you?

#1977 2 years ago

Saw one in the wild on facebook (pinball enthusiasts). Hopefully a lot of us get the call to ship this week.

Screenshot_20210912-111453_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210912-111453_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1978 2 years ago

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m sure hoping to see some more gameplay footage to tide me over until my Ce shows up .
Hopefully Jack gets his hands on one ha.

#1979 2 years ago

Saw these while out with my kid

20210912_122103 (resized).jpg20210912_122103 (resized).jpg20210912_122106 (resized).jpg20210912_122106 (resized).jpg20210912_122113 (resized).jpg20210912_122113 (resized).jpg
#1980 2 years ago

After seeing Godzilla I think Ultraman looks just as good if not a little better.

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

After seeing Godzilla I think Ultraman looks just as good if not a little better.

But how good would they look next to eachother

#1982 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

But how good would they look next to eachother

True that. We will see when I get them both. Lol. With that new price it will be a year or two before I can get one though.

#1983 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeEvans:

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m sure hoping to see some more gameplay footage to tide me over until my Ce shows up .
Hopefully Jack gets his hands on one ha.

I should have mine soon and will try to take pictures and videos to help.

#1984 2 years ago

Here's a pic of the inside art blades for Stern's Godzilla Le. Looks like Ultraman is on the art.

godzilla pinball ultraman (resized).PNGgodzilla pinball ultraman (resized).PNG
#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Here's a pic of the inside art blades for Stern's Godzilla Le. Looks like Ultraman is on the art.
[quoted image]

That is Jet Jaguar.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

[quoted image]

gagreel_full (resized).jpggagreel_full (resized).jpg
#1987 2 years ago

Ultraman CE at $8999 looking pretty good right now

#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Throw on some butter and you are right at 10k. Still under the new LE price.

#1989 2 years ago

If the stars align & everything goes well. Ultraman and Godzilla may arrive here within weeks of one another.

Pretty stoked. They could be at my new location in 2022 if I can get the city to tell me what the city tax code or amusement
location fee is.

#1990 2 years ago

Godzilla vs Ultraman

Godzilla has a bit more going on mechanically, its very intriguing.

But...the rest of the packing, art, sound unique layout I think Ultraman Wins!

Tough call But I am already in on UltraMan LOL

#1991 2 years ago

Godzilla should be fun but Ultraman art fits very well and blows it away IMO.
Spooky made a great choice here.

Overall I like Yetis art too, but Stern overuses him and starting with AIQ, Turtles, and now GZ they just run together to me.

#1992 2 years ago

I'm going to end up with both of these insanely expensive pins at some point. Goddamnit.

#1993 2 years ago

I'm very excited to play Godzilla and could potentially see myself getting one down the line... but I feel like they missed the mark on his character design. He looks like a cucumber, unlike any iteration of Godzilla I'm personally aware of.

Can't compare the games themselves until I've had plenty of time on both but art is a major win for Ultraman IMHO.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1994 2 years ago

I am excited for Stern and the table looks fun, but I can't help but think of The Lizard when I see the artwork.

Of course I myself can't draw a straight line.

amazing_spiderman_v1_77_VG+ (resized).jpgamazing_spiderman_v1_77_VG+ (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

He looks like a cucumber

LOL...wow...that'll be hard to unsee now....actually, looks more like a watermelon to me.

#1996 2 years ago

I think both games look great. Glad I'm in on Ultraman and I may look to pickup a Godzilla at some point in the future. There will definitely be a lot more Godzilla machines sold. For that reason alone I think it will be more difficult to find an Ultraman second hand. How great is it that we have multiple options for great games.

#1997 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think both games look great. Glad I'm in on Ultraman and I may look to pickup a Godzilla at some point in the future. There will definitely be a lot more Godzilla machines sold. For that reason alone I think it will be more difficult to find an Ultraman second hand. How great is it that we have multiple options for great games.

Absolutely, it's a Kaiju-fan's dream. What a pair to put next to each other.

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

#1999 2 years ago

Every morning I wake up with a quiet little hope in my belly that today, yes today, I will get the call from spooky...then I go to sleep with tear stained cheeks. Maybe tomorrow will be the day?

Quoted from Aeolus7:

Agreed with above. I entered the project pinball raffle for this reason only. I can imagine some Indian in the Cupboard moment where I awake to find them battling in my living room. Ah. But to dream...

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The Standard Ultraman/Halloween (that’s got the exact same playfield and gameplay) is looking even better at $6999.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.