IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 55.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Okay.................a little help here please........how do I buy one of these? I've never bought a brand new machine in my life. I have no idea who is a distributor here in Florida or anywhere for that matter for Spooky.
I would run home after school to watch Ultraman when I was a kid.
I would run home after work now to play this pinball title.

Contact Kingpin Games. Chris Minuer. 608-522-5001.

#102 2 years ago

Been collecting the series as they release in steelbook. Great stuff! I hope I land a CE.

20210705_194315.jpg20210705_194315.jpg
#103 2 years ago

Hopefully the site hold up, r&m was a shit show, I lost a couple hundred spots by accidentally getting 2 in my cart and taking the time to remove one (the site was very slow).

Hopefully it's been tooled up for this drop but honestly I wouldn't blame them if it was a similar experience. It can be tough to do proper load testing and site tuning/hosting and as far as they care it's a once a year(+-.5) problem. They'll all be sold before the end of the week without any site fixes.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Hopefully the site hold up

Its all new since RaM... fingers crossed. It will be stress tested for sure!

#105 2 years ago

Wonder if Japanese language call outs are available or programmed in? Wonder if anybody in Japan will buy one?

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Its all new since RaM... fingers crossed. It will be stress tested for sure!

You all have certainly built up a perfect storm to hit your site at 9am!

#107 2 years ago

This pin looks so fun. Artwork is killer. Topper is eh, but I think at first glance this is a winner.

#108 2 years ago

This is going to be a test of buying power in the market. GnR and Mando selling our CE/LE respectively almost immediately.

I’m not sure what’s going to happen with these. If they sold 550 TNA over months on months yet if they sell 500 Ultraman or 1250 Halloween in one day that’ll be very impressive.

I’m likely going to pass until I can play and hope to get someone’s early pre order if the bail out later on.

#109 2 years ago

When do we see gameplay?

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Wonder if Japanese language call outs are available or programmed in? Wonder if anybody in Japan will buy one?

I have a feeling they’re going to slate at least a few for Japan seeing as Toho is stationed there.

#111 2 years ago

Ultraman is a Tsuburaya production. Godzilla is Toho.

#112 2 years ago

This is a great theme. I'm actually impressed Spooky got this, and I'd choose this over Halloween.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

As with the tool deals, you likely helped them sell out!

They certainly aren't $11 any longer.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is going to be a test of buying power in the market. GnR and Mando selling our CE/LE respectively almost immediately.
I’m not sure what’s going to happen with these. If they sold 550 TNA over months on months yet if they sell 500 Ultraman or 1250 Halloween in one day that’ll be very impressive.
I’m likely going to pass until I can play and hope to get someone’s early pre order if the bail out later on.

I don’t expect them to sell all 1,750 units in one day

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Respect to Spooky Pinball, my first impression of Ultraman:

You had to grow up with it like I did

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don’t expect them to sell all 1,750 units in one day

Unless the flippers buy them up for later sale.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

One of pinballs best moves 1 pin 2 games.
All is good in pinball!!

Stern reading this - anyone remember FG/Shrek?

6457724C-99EC-48BE-94BE-D5C4C62386EC (resized).jpeg6457724C-99EC-48BE-94BE-D5C4C62386EC (resized).jpeg
#118 2 years ago

I hope they put something on this bridge. It's a little bit of an eyesore. Maybe some art or something.

20210705_213408.jpg20210705_213408.jpg
#119 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ultraman will sell out immediately is my prediction (what an incredible looking game that translates perfectly to pinball). I think Halloween will be a harder sell and be available for a bit…but who knows.

I disagree. Horror fans are die hard and Halloween one is considered one of the greatest of all time. It is one of the OG slasher films with the Canadian film Black Christmas and Italian Bay of a blood preceding it by a few years.

Many of the horror Facebook groups I'm in are already posting about it. I could see wealthy horror fans just buying or for decoration.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There are several lines in English and Japanese both... so you hear English followed by Japanese.

There are a few lines specifically ONLY in Japanese to give a shout out to that market.

Basically we wanted to give a HUGE thank you to our Japanese friends. We love what Ultraman is. The history, the culture, the absolute joy it brings to our lives. I grew up on all of this... passed it on to my kids. Its everywhere in our home. Bug and I hit the best weekend of the year every year at G Fest absorbing all the kaiju goodness we can. We've done this since he was 7.

This one means a lot to my family. Extremely special! Can't tell you how thrilled we are that there are more fans out there, and maybe we'll make a few more.

#121 2 years ago

There are several lines in English and Japanese both... so you hear English followed by Japanese.
There are a few lines specifically ONLY in Japanese to give a shout out to that market.
Basically we wanted to give a HUGE thank you to our Japanese friends. We love what Ultraman is. The history, the culture, the absolute joy it brings to our lives. I grew up on all of this... passed it on to my kids. Its everywhere in our home. Bug and I hit the best weekend of the year every year at G Fest absorbing all the kaiju goodness we can. We've done this since he was 7.
This one means a lot to my family. Extremely special!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2cd0d099173a9db53552a64187013969c9784af6-1625536536-1800"};
//]]>

Can't tell you how thrilled we are that there are more fans out there, and maybe we'll make a few more.

This is a great title.

#122 2 years ago

If there is a double subway and dual inlane lifters but only one ramp exit which all the upper playfield activity feeds, and all the left side trap holes also feed the left inlane, then what feeds the right inlane lifter? Where does the other subway enter from? My guess would be the scoop, as an easy means of balancing the flow between the left and right main flippers.

#123 2 years ago

This one means a lot to my family. Extremely special! Can't tell you how thrilled we are that there are more fans out there, and maybe we'll make a few more.

You just gave the flippers a stroke.

You just made people who want to own this game to play it very happy.

#124 2 years ago

There are a few lines specifically ONLY in Japanese to give a shout out to that market..

Hey Charlie - first off all, congrats on the reveals…both games look gorgeous & I think the theme choices & implementation are great. Ultraman, while old, feels really new for pinball. We really haven’t seen anything Japanese/anime yet & you’re the first to bring it. I think there’s def crossover with Kaiju show/toy lovers and pinball.

Quick question/suggestion…will there be subtitles on the LCD for Japanese dialog? I think that would be a really nice touch if possible.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quick question/suggestion…will there be subtitles on the LCD for Japanese dialog? I think that would be a really nice touch if possible

Most of what gets said in Japanese is also said in English, but yeah... for the Japanese specific lines... why not?! Sounds like fun to me.

Our voice actress will be in the shop soon to see the game. I'll get her to do a little translating!

It was important to us to also have some text on the display showing JACKPOT! and other essential pinball items in both languages as well. Just neat little touches to make it more user friendly in Japan and well, I just like seeing it that way too. Feels right in this game.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

It would be incredible to see pinball get popular in Japan. It would be huge for the entire industry.

Man, I had no interest in Halloween…but this game is really calling to me. Guess I have till tomorrow to decide, I’ll need to re-up my gang club membership. I assume I can still get the fang club membership as late as tomorrow and can still get in for Wednesday? Going to be a long day haggling with the wife tomorrow. LOL

#127 2 years ago

Most of what gets said in Japanese is also said in English, but yeah... for the Japanese specific lines... why not?! Sounds like fun to me.
Our voice actress will be in the shop soon to see the game. I'll get her to do a little translating!
It was important to us to also have some text on the display showing JACKPOT! and other essential pinball items in both languages as well. Just neat little touches to make it more user friendly in Japan and well, I just like seeing it that way too. Feels right in this game.

Sounds great! Oh, do you see language selection being something that would be done in options, or something the player could do (maybe by holding a button while pressing start to switch from the default language selection?)

#128 2 years ago

Netflix Ultraman season 2 confirmed for 2021.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#129 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Netflix Ultraman season 2 confirmed for 2021.
[quoted image]

Just started watching season 1 today. I know it won’t be but I kinda wish it was themed off this version. I’m sure that’s the unpopular opinion. No nostalgia value but Bemular and some of the other bad guys just look so much cooler in this one. I also did not grow up with the original.

#130 2 years ago

Certainly would be cool to see Japan become a bit of a pinball market.

My Korean friend was over recently, and despite it being her first time playing pinball, she did really well. I would imagine that with the strong gaming culture in Asia most people who step up to a machine would quickly figure out what to do (and have the hand eye coordination to make that first play worthwhile). It’s hard to sell pinball to somebody if they lose their $1 immediately.

#131 2 years ago

Also want to note that Given the Wizard mode is the Ultra Brothers, the game at least goes up to the 5th season of the show Ultraman Ace.

#132 2 years ago

I never heard of ultraman until I read ready player one. I don't remember if Ultraman was in the movie. Cool idea for a theme though.

#133 2 years ago

Oh hell yeah they got the Corvair in here??? With the fender mirrors and everything, goddamn.

Absolutely awesome theme and I'm very happy to see Spooky adding some much needed variety to the pinball options (I think I said the exact same thing when R+M was announced). I wasn't planning on buying a new pin for a while but Charlie may have just forced my hand.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#134 2 years ago

and maybe we'll make a few more.

=_=

wut

#135 2 years ago

I was 100% on Halloween, then weird things started to happen .I’m at 100% Spooky ,85% Halloween ,and 15% Ultraman .I’m not going to pretend I’ve seen any in the last 30 years but I remember being locked in back in the late 70s.I’m going to try to binge watch/listen to whatever I can tomorrow .UM is a total long shot for me but I have a gut feeling after the flipper swoon and things settle down you won’t see this pin for sale on the aftermarket often if ever .

#136 2 years ago

Halloween was a lock for me.. but then who could have predicted this! Amazing reveal

#137 2 years ago

Make a few more fans of Ultraman.

#138 2 years ago

So can we call these pins twins?.I’m calling my local Drive In and request a Halloween/‘68 Ultraman double feature night !

#139 2 years ago

What the? Never heard of ultraman. Maybe the most rediculous title I have ever heard of. Atleast I had heard of Thunderbirds.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:What the? Never heard of ultraman. Maybe the most rediculous title I have ever heard of.

Well, which is it? Have you heard of it or not?

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, which is it? Have you heard of it or not?

Never heard of Ultraman. Doesnt mean the game will be bad. Hopefully they didn't pay for a license!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Make a few more fans of Ultraman.

#143 2 years ago

FTWR WARCHUB

So after watching this I totally see the appeal. I love "prehero" marvel comics and this is like the Japanese version if they had a TV show. I think this theme could be more fun than Halloween

#144 2 years ago

Crazy to me I never heard of him until today and then someone I follow on Instagram shared this today...

Screenshot_20210705-235152_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210705-235152_Instagram (resized).jpg
#145 2 years ago

If I was asked to compare this to something I couldn’t .As far as gameplay ,my opinion is with the subway/elevator to both left and right flippers,a random timed shot ,and 7 locks this could be WOZ in a standard body with insane flow on steroids or a IMDN stacked and loaded on steroids.Whichever I just pray I land one .

#146 2 years ago

Love the theme, and art it inspires. Hopefully I will acquire one. Timing will probably have me motivated to sell a nice space shuttle, party zone and black belt so I can fit this in. Got some ideas for mods but realy want deep dive into new Heck boatds see if sny room to play.

#147 2 years ago

Halloween is the theme for me, but I do remember ultraman. Doesn't hit home like Halloween does. But, the art package on UM is crazy. I hope they play us good as they look. If so, might buy my first Spooky pinball. Nicely done!

#148 2 years ago

Does this means the 500 number may not be locked in? What is the latest we can join the fang club and still get that jump on the pre-order?

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does this means the 500 number may not be locked in?

Reread the full sentence again, he just means they may make a few new fans of the Ultraman franchise.

#150 2 years ago

When does the order window open? Wednesday?

Wednesday 9.00 a.m.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/3?hl=oldbaby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.