IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 55.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Halloween is shipping is Ultraman ?

I believe so..

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

And it has some odd & quirky stuff mixed in between the main story line, like this mini "Kaiju Steps" page. Weird!
[quoted image]

You just totally made me think of an idea. Quirkiness and short is in. One page is all I need to draw. I’m off…

#1903 2 years ago

Can’t wait to compare Matt Frank’s and Zombie Yeti’s Kaiju art. I will hopefully have them next to one another some day.

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Can’t wait to compare Matt Frank’s and Zombie Yeti’s Kaiju art. I will hopefully have them next to one another some day.

Should be interesting .. I am excited !

#1905 2 years ago

I think it’s gonna be a no contest home run from ZY. I originally wanted UM but Frank’s playfield artwork didn’t do it for me. I DID get a Halloween though. Hope Edminston takes more pinball work in the future. Guy is phenomenal.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

#1906 2 years ago

Picked a couple more issues of Trials. I’ll probably just keep buying them. Great art!

4790969A-E7D0-42F3-B8C5-42FAAF4B6A31 (resized).jpeg4790969A-E7D0-42F3-B8C5-42FAAF4B6A31 (resized).jpeg
#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it’s gonna be a no contest home run from ZY. I originally wanted UM but Frank’s playfield artwork didn’t do it for me. I DID get a Halloween though. Hope Edminston takes more pinball work in the future. Guy is phenomenal.

I love Zombie Yeti’s art on my TMNT and IMDN but I thought Matt Frank did an excellent job on Ultraman. Art is most definitely subjective.

#1908 2 years ago

The cabinet and backglass are both awesome on UM. Mainly the playfield was lacking for me…and the logo / typography is kinda rough too. But I’m a stickler for that stuff.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

I love Zombie Yeti’s art on my TMNT and IMDN but I thought Matt Frank did an excellent job on Ultraman. Art is most definitely subjective.

#1909 2 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “Selling my reservation spot from King Pin Games for Ultraman Standard #464 You will be responsible for the remainder of what is due plus any applicable taxes or shipping once game ...”
2021-08-28
Baltimore, MD
1,030 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 527 times
Contributed to Pinside

Sad to say looks like i have sell my spot for this UM unless i figure another way as really want this game. But car repairs are needed. It sucks See my listing if your looking for a standard UM

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Machine - Pre-order Spot

Ultraman (Standard Edition)

New!

Pre-order/reservation for a game “Selling my reservation spot from King Pin Games for Ultraman Standard #464 You will be responsible for the remainder of what is due plus any applicable taxes or shipping once game ...”

1 hour ago

Baltimore, MD

1,030 (Firm)

2Kaulitz

Sad to say looks like i have sell my spot for this UM unless i figure another way as really want this game. But car repairs are needed. It sucks
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0f7418f9af11336f1f51bc934eff24933db9c756-1630198678-1800"};
//]]>

See my listing if your looking for a standard UM

I would sell your Thunderbirds instead, but that's just me.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I would sell your Thunderbirds instead, but that's just me.

haha i don't have that forgot to remove it from my list but if i did i would

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:Archived after 1 day

Sold (amount private)

Contributed to Pinside

Machine - Pre-order Spot

Ultraman (Standard Edition)

New!
Archived

Pre-order/reservation for a game “Selling my reservation spot from King Pin Games for Ultraman Standard #464 You will be responsible for the remainder of what is due plus any applicable taxes or shipping once game ...”

2021-08-28

Baltimore, MD

1,030 (Firm)

2Kaulitz

Sad to say looks like i have sell my spot for this UM unless i figure another way as really want this game. But car repairs are needed. It sucks See my listing if your looking for a standard UM

Ah, that sucks bro. Sorry to hear about that. I'm currently trying to figure out how to replace my HVAC without doing this....I have Iron Man and Demolition Man to sell, but that money was going to go towards Ultraman and other things....now it won't be, so I guess it's back to praying for a shitton of overtime for me.

#1913 2 years ago

With HWN going out I am hoping someone soon will have UM pics and videos to share. So excited!

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

With HWN going out I am hoping someone soon will have UM pics and videos to share. So excited!

I'm dying. I feel like some kid staring through the candy store window in the HWN thread.

#1915 2 years ago

Anyone receive their ultraman?

#1916 2 years ago

Saw this mural near the World Trade Center last week.

WTC_UM (resized).jpgWTC_UM (resized).jpg
#1917 2 years ago

I've seen enough, happy to keep the mystery until mine arrives

#1918 2 years ago

Been watching more gameplay of Halloween as they begin to roll out. NGL, Ultraman seems way better as a theme.

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Been watching more gameplay of Halloween as they begin to roll out. NGL, Ultraman seems way better as a theme.

i can imagine many being traded for one another in the future

#1920 2 years ago

Says the guy in the Ultraman thread with an Ultraman avatar and Ultraman bedsheets. Of course you prefer it, wanna know how I already knew that?

Quoted from Palmer:

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ultraman avatar

I'd rather be Ultraman than the fist.

#1922 2 years ago

My sons have gotten into the new animation series and comic book I thought I hid has been read several times.
Lot of excitement going around here... Will look amazing next to next new Elwin game to. but soon to be
tapped out on the Pinball budget.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Says the guy in the Ultraman thread with an Ultraman avatar and Ultraman bedsheets. Of course you prefer it, wanna know how I already knew that?

Haha you want me to say that in the Halloween thread? People would go ballistic. Honestly if I had a Halloween on preorder, I would have backed out based on how the music, assets, etc. look so far.

#1924 2 years ago

It seems that both groups are happy with their games, which is great. It was damn near a tossup for me. I went with Ultraman, but I'm excited to see if I can switch my game over with an SD card swap. It would be really cool to be able to play both games.

#1925 2 years ago

People bought the game they wanted man. I’m more of a horror buff so I went HWN you’re into Kaiju so you bought UM. I don’t really understand the need to shit on one game or the other. You may not be into HWN but how do you account for the fact that the spots for HWN are selling for more than UM on the secondary market?

Quoted from Palmer:

Haha you want me to say that in the Halloween thread? People would go ballistic. Honestly if I had a Halloween on preorder, I would have backed out based on how the music, assets, etc. look so far.

#1926 2 years ago

Arrived today!

Alex Ross print. Just beautifully done

06712C55-F29B-42DE-9A7B-21D541BCB501 (resized).jpeg06712C55-F29B-42DE-9A7B-21D541BCB501 (resized).jpeg83350247-E274-4D30-A1AB-C950694A33F5 (resized).jpeg83350247-E274-4D30-A1AB-C950694A33F5 (resized).jpeg9683FB38-8560-4CCD-80A7-078A2DA964DA (resized).jpeg9683FB38-8560-4CCD-80A7-078A2DA964DA (resized).jpeg
#1927 2 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to jump in and say we cleared 30 games to go out the door this week. Many of them already boxed. On a daily production schedual now so you will see games going out every week from here on out! Appreciate all the kind words and feedback. This has truly been a dream come true for all of us.

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys just wanted to jump in and say we cleared 30 games to go out the door this week. Many of them already boxed. On a daily production schedual now so you will see games going out every week from here on out! Appreciate all the kind words and feedback. This has truly been a dream come true for all of us.

So are you building all the Halloween CEs before you start on the Ultraman BSEs?

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Congratulations!! Cant wait to see more of these make it out into the wild..

I keep refreshing my email and waiting for permission to come pick mine up. Hope to hear from team Spooky next week (#16)!!

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Congratulations!! Cant wait to see more of these make it out into the wild..
I keep refreshing my email and waiting for permission to come pick mine up. Hope to hear from team Spooky next week (#16)!!

That will be very soon

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

People bought the game they wanted man. I’m more of a horror buff so I went HWN you’re into Kaiju so you bought UM. I don’t really understand the need to shit on one game or the other. You may not be into HWN but how do you account for the fact that the spots for HWN are selling for more than UM on the secondary market?

I don't really care what spots are selling for to be honest. I did notice a lot of Halloween spots up for sale after the initial stream.

Not sure how I am "shitting" on a game. Me not liking it should not have any affect on whether you enjoy it or it's perceived value.

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So are you building all the Halloween CEs before you start on the Ultraman BSEs?

I'm pretty sure that's the way it works, all CEs before any BSEs.

#1933 2 years ago

Well with the first 30 heading out the door. Guess it is getting closer and closer to decision time for some of us butter / no butter.

#1934 2 years ago

Offering my spot for Ultraman CE #231

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/120249

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

HWN does have the best topper in pinball...ever.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Well with the first 30 heading out the door. Guess it is getting closer and closer to decision time for some of us butter / no butter.

There's a choice? No. It's just butter!

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Great news! Thx for the update..

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It seems that both groups are happy with their games, which is great. It was damn near a tossup for me. I went with Ultraman, but I'm excited to see if I can switch my game over with an SD card swap. It would be really cool to be able to play both games.

I'm afraid that we have recently implemented measures to prevent switching the software between games. Sorry about that :/
The decision was ultimately made for licensing reasons.

#1938 2 years ago

This is a good move

Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm afraid that we have recently implemented measures to prevent switching the software between games. Sorry about that :/

#1939 2 years ago

Makes perfect sense, although it would've been funny to have a karate-chopping Michael Myers.

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Bummer I was hoping for UltraMichael.

#1941 2 years ago

General question here. Do we know what kind of hardware is in this pin as far as boards? Does it have a PC like JJP uses? I really like the CGCs because the stick with the soild state stuff.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

General question here. Do we know what kind of hardware is in this pin as far as boards? Does it have a PC like JJP uses? I really like the CGCs because the stick with the soild state stuff.

It’s a new controller designed by Ben Heck named “Pinotaur”.

Before that they were using PROC on ACNC and TNA. AMH and RZ were PinHeck boards.

Spooky has never used a PC for their production games.

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Not happy about this. It's really cool to put Shrek code on Family Guy and vice versa. It doesn't hurt anyone.

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Boo

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not happy about this. It's really cool to put Shrek code on Family Guy and vice versa. It doesn't hurt anyone.

But it throws off the amount of people that spooky says will purchase the machine, so it would be more expensive for them to allow it, I would assume, since that number would go up.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

But it throws off the amount of people that spooky says will purchase the machine, so it would be more expensive for them to allow it, I would assume, since that number would go up.

And? They still sell 1750 machines. Why care what code "scurrilous owners" installs at that point on either machine. Given the HWN vids shown, I'm starting to worry about what actual Halloween assets are available. Ive read 19. Not sure I've seen one yet? Is the Halloween IP owner being problematic?

#1947 2 years ago

No, the full clips are rewards for completing modes. No one has completed a mode on video with the updated code yet.

Quoted from Roostking:

And? They still sell 1750 machines. Why care what code "scurrilous owners" installs at that point on either machine. Given the HWN vids shown, I'm starting to worry about what actual Halloween assets are available. Ive read 19. Not sure I've seen one yet? Is the Halloween IP owner being problematic?

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe Spooky's statement on here was to reaffirm to licensers that they're sitting within the contract. Ie maybe it IS swappable, but they can't say that anywhere publicly? I think you should try it

#1949 2 years ago

Still can’t imagine why anyone would actually want to hear Halloween on a Ultraman themed game. Novelty would wear off in about 16 seconds.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It’s a new controller designed by Ben Heck named “Pinotaur”.
Before that they were using PROC on ACNC and TNA. AMH and RZ were PinHeck boards.
Spooky has never used a PC for their production games.

P3Roc found in TNA/Rick & Morty do need host computers of some sort.... Its some model of UpBoard in TNA as I recall... I think the same thing in is R&M... Pinotaur will also require a host computer based on what I've seen. I don't have ACNC and haven't looked inside one of those... but if its P3Roc its got some kind of host computer in there as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/39?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.