IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 55.
#1851 2 years ago

Who doesn't like butter?

PXL_20210821_022623365.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210821_022623365.MP (resized).jpg
#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:Who doesn't like butter?
[quoted image]

So Butter on the UM in the front, and back HWN is butter?

#1853 2 years ago

For all those who have put time on Ultraman what are your thoughts and first impressions? Does that middle ramp reject a lot of shots?

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Who doesn't like butter?
[quoted image]

Can't tell anything from that pic

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Definitely difference is color. Seems like Roostking is on to some truth.

#1856 2 years ago

I really like what I see so far!

33F430E3-BB77-4932-B13B-A32314776018.gif33F430E3-BB77-4932-B13B-A32314776018.gif

#1857 2 years ago

Eager to read more feedback!

#1858 2 years ago

Omg. I'm just catching up on this thread. Have people ordered anywhere they'd recommend? Am I asking way too late to buy this NIB? I want one.

#1859 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

For all those who have put time on Ultraman what are your thoughts and first impressions? Does that middle ramp reject a lot of shots?

I played quite a few games on all 4 of the games at SFGE. I wouldn’t call it a lot of rejects per se, however, it has to be a powerful and clean shot to make it all the way up and over to the left return. Not enough power or too much deflection off the side, it won’t make it all the way up. This was pretty consistent across all 4.

#1860 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Omg. I'm just catching up on this thread. Have people ordered anywhere they'd recommend? Am I asking way too late to buy this NIB? I want one.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2085c33dc44e04df766ba07a8345f1a0404d77c5-1629636379-1800"};
//]]>

Nitro pinball has them in ce

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I played quite a few games on all 4 of the games at SFGE. I wouldn’t call it a lot of rejects per se, however, it has to be a powerful and clean shot to make it all the way up and over to the left return. Not enough power or too much deflection off the side, it won’t make it all the way up. This was pretty consistent across all 4.

That's good. You don't want it to be a gimmie shot as then why bother qualifying the control room level at all? Sounds like maybe it's just about right. Plus you can always adjust flipper power to hopefully make it more to the owner's liking.

#1862 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry it didn't show the difference like Halloween did. And yes, the color saturation in person shows when you see them next to each other. Their regular cabinet looks good, but the butter takes it up a level. I noticed the difference in Halloween immediately walking past it caught my eye. With all of the color and 'brightnesss' on Ultraman it doesn't show as much as Halloween.

#1863 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's good. You don't want it to be a gimmie shot as then why bother qualifying the control room level at all? Sounds like maybe it's just about right. Plus you can always adjust flipper power to hopefully make it more to the owner's liking.

This is exactly what we were hoping for here! Slapping at the ball or a glancing shot won't make it up. However it's not uncommon to be able to hit 3 or 4 or 5 center ramp shots in a row if you hit it centered with full power. I think you guys will find it's a nice balance of difficulty. It returns to the left flipper when shot so the opportunity for full power follow up shots is there.

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is exactly what we were hoping for here! Slapping at the ball or a glancing shot won't make it up. However it's not uncommon to be able to hit 3 or 4 or 5 center ramp shots in a row if you hit it centered with full power. I think you guys will find it's a nice balance of difficulty. It returns to the left flipper when shot so the opportunity for full power follow up shots is there.

Yeah we saw Jack do it four times or so on your reveal video. I think you guys have it just right.

#1865 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I can confirm that. Made a few shots in a row many times. If you hit with power and cleanly up the ramp it doesn’t reject. I consider rejects as shots that were perfect shots and for some reason, the design or setup rejects them. That is not the case here based on my experience from Saturday.

#1866 2 years ago

Got to play Ultraman at SFGE and I think people that bought it will be pretty happy.

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Who doesn't like butter?
[quoted image]

Saw this on the Halloween thread in a discussion about topper motors.
Thought it shows a decent different angle for the butter print.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 6.02.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-23 at 6.02.51 AM (resized).png
#1868 2 years ago

hey there. it has been a bit since the release. i just wanted to let everyone know that i do have some Collector's Editions left in my allotment starting in the 260's - 270's

shoot me an email if you would wish to secure one

thank you

[email protected]

#1869 2 years ago

This sound effect must be in there somewhere. I hope.

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

This sound effect must be in there somewhere. I hope.

Muwhahahahah

It's in there.
I made a comment in the Dead Flip stream that the laugh is worth about 7 grand the way they implemented it.

#1871 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Saw this on the Halloween thread in a discussion about topper motors.
Thought it shows a decent different angle for the butter print.[quoted image]

Is anyone else going to place those power wires into a loom?

#1872 2 years ago

The Bemular figure I ordered arrived. The initial pictures made it look a bit like Godzilla, but I'm quite happy with the look of this one too. The face is clearly Bemular. It may find a place in my game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

PS: I still haven't found a great model of Jirahs that is the same scale of the Balton already in the game.

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Muwhahahahah
It's in there.
I made a comment in the Dead Flip stream that the laugh is worth about 7 grand the way they implemented it.

Exactly. That mode start gave me chills. Reminded me a little of the Sanctum start in The Shadow. Both epic and understated. They seem to be on a really good path with the light shows in both games, more to come I'm sure.

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Is anyone else going to place those power wires into a loom?

I'm OCD on cable management, but no need to be if your game is up against a wall. I seriously doubt any of your guests will come over, look at the back of the topper, and proclaim "Look at that wire back there! This place sucks -- I'm out of here."

#1875 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I think it’s so funnny that so many of us grabbed the companion comic to this machine…I’m picturing marvel comics in the conference room “yes, the variant issue sold out…and sold out fast…what happened?!?!”
But then I got to thinking, are there any other pinball machine companion comics or books or anything other than a flyer?!?! Anyone know of any other machines with an interesting literary companion?

If anyone has a spare of this comic I would like to buy one for the flyer databse, please message me if you can help thanks.

https://nypinball.com/new-flyers/

#1876 2 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

If anyone has a spare of this comic I would like to buy one for the flyer databse, please message me if you can help thanks.
https://nypinball.com/new-flyers/

Walk into any comic shop and they will order one for you. They are still available direct.

#1877 2 years ago

Good timing for an ultra man pin. The new comics are hot enough to warrant attention.

A9B88F9B-89C5-444A-9BAA-A9DAF4691560 (resized).pngA9B88F9B-89C5-444A-9BAA-A9DAF4691560 (resized).png
#1878 2 years ago

I picked up the following s.h.figuarts that may make their way as a diorama near my CE
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Figuarts-Ultraman-Anniversary/dp/B01C6WCSHM
https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-S-H-Figuarts-Gomorrah-Ultraman/dp/B06XCKVWWP
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6WCSMC
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6WCWFK

ultraman 50th annv (resized).jpgultraman 50th annv (resized).jpg
damaged buildings (resized).jpgdamaged buildings (resized).jpg
baltan 001 (resized).jpgbaltan 001 (resized).jpg
gomarrah (resized).jpggomarrah (resized).jpg

I love the detail on gomorrah where you can replace his tail section with the torn off version

#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Good timing for an ultra man pin. The new comics are hot enough to warrant attention.
[quoted image]

They're worth reading too. Just picked up all 5 in "The Rise Of" series and have enjoyed the first one so far. Story, characters, and art are all solid. And it has some odd & quirky stuff mixed in between the main story line, like this mini "Kaiju Steps" page. Weird!

Kaiju Steps (resized).jpgKaiju Steps (resized).jpg

#1880 2 years ago

Oh I thought it was pinball specific like the judge dredd comic etc. Far as I know the comic flyers were strange science, judge dredd, Iron Maiden and dialed in.

#1882 2 years ago

So who is going to be the first person to get their Ultraman unboxed and in the collection is the question now. Its got to be coming soon i bet.

#1883 2 years ago

When I get the 3 week notice. I will jump for joy. Got make the choice still butterCab or no buttercab.. Leaning heavy on buttercab but still haven't received email yet but I'm guessing I will hear something soon as I'm in the 90s...

#1884 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So who is going to be the first person to get their Ultraman unboxed and in the collection is the question now. Its got to be coming soon i bet.

I hope so. Once they ship out the first batch mine should only be a week behind it. I’m hoping its very soon! I’m number 16.

#1885 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And the other 499 of us will come over for the unboxing ceremony and a beer.

#1886 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Hey guys.
I have ordered and am awaiting 4 copies of the Trials of Ultraman #4 Surprise Variant comic. I am going to keep one for my UMCE - am in UK but if anyone is stuck and wants/needs one, happy to send on to you free of charge for both cost and shipping.
Cheers

And if anyone is still stuck, I have one left and happy to send on.

#1887 2 years ago

Got some mail today.

07FFB161-E369-49A6-B5D6-3A085D93BF42 (resized).jpeg07FFB161-E369-49A6-B5D6-3A085D93BF42 (resized).jpeg
#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Got some mail today.
[quoted image]

That is so dope. Can you still buy that? I recall one of them being timed or something? Love that color scheme.

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Got some mail today.

That looks awesome! What size is it and where did you get it?

#1890 2 years ago

An app called Tubi has a ton of Ultraman video content. I have no idea how much exists total, but there is a lot there.

#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That is so dope. Can you still buy that? I recall one of them being timed or something? Love that color scheme.

Sold Out.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That looks awesome! What size is it and where did you get it?

30x20
https://store.nakatomiinc.com/Collection.aspx

#1892 2 years ago

If their company is in a tower with a vault in the basement, I wont be attending this year's Christmas party.

#1893 2 years ago

Going deeper! Nice thing about this series of Blu-rays is they all have digital codes as well
IMG-3557 (resized).jpgIMG-3557 (resized).jpg
IMG-3556 (resized).jpgIMG-3556 (resized).jpg

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Going deeper! Nice thing about this series of Blu-rays is they all have digital codes as well
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You only provided half of the code though

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You only provided half of the code though

Hahaha

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If their company is in a tower with a vault in the basement, I wont be attending this year's Christmas party.

So, you’re not John McClane?

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you buy this set of blu-rays?
Thanks

#1898 2 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Where did you buy this set of blu-rays?
Thanks

All but one, right from Amazon... about $12 a set avg
Ultraman Ace was faster and a bit cheaper from Ebay

#1899 2 years ago

Any UMCEs out in the wild yet? Halloween #12 was just picked up at Spooky HQ. The first 10 UMCEs should be making their way out as well.

#1900 2 years ago

Halloween is shipping is Ultraman ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/38?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.