IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 55.
#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm kind of digging these mini dioramas as potential mods. The scale seems similar to the Baltan figures already in the game.
Zetton will be a wizard mode in the game.
[quoted image]
I think this is Bemular. Can anyone confirm the ID of this Kaiju?
[quoted image]

I suppose it is intended to be Bemular.
Pretty stylized version though.

#1752 2 years ago

I updated the "Date Projection" spreadsheet to include fields where you can enter your build number.
This can give a rough projection of when your machine would be ready to ship.

Please do not harass Spooky with these date projections. This is just for fun and intended to distract from some of the vitriol.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Please go back and watch the vid, were the LEDs flashing so brightly, that it was reflected the players faces? No. Spooky has said over and over and over that in real life, they are nothing like the vid. Why are you ignoring those facts?

I played it a Pinfest. Those LED strips are not blinding. But it doesn't matter what other people say. Everyone is going to comment on them just from the video.

#1754 2 years ago

Thx to kingpin Games i switched my HW standard 1234 to Ultraman 464 I liked both but UM seems more to better as a pinball. Plus art is killer

#1755 2 years ago

Securing a lower number Ultraman CE so if anyone wants #305 through Pinball Star for what I paid shoot me a PM.

#1756 2 years ago

Way back of the pack -but I’m in!!

97FE58CA-E49D-4E02-BBEA-E286896ECA82.gif97FE58CA-E49D-4E02-BBEA-E286896ECA82.gif

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I suppose it is intended to be Bemular.
Pretty stylized version though.

I'm assuming it's also Bemular featured in the middle of the artwork on the right side. It looks pretty close to that version. I tried to ID some of the other Kaiju on the machine. Does anyone else know some of the ones I'm missing? I think there are a total of 18 Kaiju pictured. It's fun to think about what future battles to expect in the game. I'm going tough and watching some of those battles to think about how the rules could be incorporated into each.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:Being a huge Ultraman fan (I saw many of the series when they originally aired in Japan, while living there), I’ve purchased the Tsuburaya Steel Book series that are all remastered in Blu-ray, which Spooky surely has access to and the ratio looks very good in a 4:3 aspect ratio. It fills my 65” OLED but does have black bars running down left and right side, since its not 16x9. Aspect ratio of 1.33:one means the image's width is 1.33 times the size of its height. To eliminate decimals in this ratio, you can write it as 4:3 instead. Ultraman was done in this ratio and will fill the spooky LCD if they wanted it to be filled. So it can easily be larger, while making the cool looking controls much smaller.
Since I speak fluent Japanese, sure looking forward to switching it to Japanese instead of English or hearing both at the same time. So cool!

It appears from the Amazon reviews that the 2019 Steel Book Blu Ray doesn't include the English dub audio track?

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It appears from the Amazon reviews that the 2019 Steel Book Blu Ray doesn't include the English dub audio track?

Correct. None of the Blu Ray releases have an English dub. You can find dubs on YouTube. I've been watching the original with subtitles.

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think this is Bemular. Can anyone confirm the ID of this Kaiju?

I think you are correct

https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Bemular

#1761 2 years ago

Stream was hilarious. The fact that Charlie came into it with birth certificates in hand I was sold.
How can you not get behind this cluster of nonsense?! I loved the chaos.

#1762 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I updated the "Date Projection" spreadsheet to include fields where you can enter your build number.
This can give a rough projection of when your machine would be ready to ship.
Please do not harass Spooky with these date projections. This is just for fun and intended to distract from some of the vitriol.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for building that ... my date was around what I expected

#191 - delivery around mid Jan

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#1763 2 years ago

Almost exactly a year for me....I gotta get these damn games fixed and sold so I can just pay this thing off in full and enjoy the wait.

#1764 2 years ago

Up to this point the whole Spooky team have done an amazing job and I am sure all aspects will get a lot better and tweaked over time.

The Light shows look awesome and gameplay and playfield look great.

After rewatching the stream and just concentrating on the display, there is definitely some more tweaking work to be done there.

Just my observations and some things that maybe could be entertained by the Spooky team.
Not griping as I know Spooky have more coding to do.

-sound from slings, I love the sound, but seems overpowering everything else in multiball (I know the sound coming through wasn’t ideal so maybe not noticeable with in person play)

- I love the display style from the show(some tweaks no doubt still to be done)
-Font style (not bad but could possibly be better or more Ultraman-ie)
-text positioning at times and when paying homage.

-there were some Kaiju battles and instructions to start modes that constantly had text across the screen telling you what you had to do, maybe this doesn’t need to stay on the screen all the time, once you have had time to read it, then the playfield has flashing light clues. This was covering up some cool video clips.(also see dial section of screen)

-Maybe where the dial is on the LHS this could be opened up as a screen(when required) for instructions, to keep them seperate from the main video plays and combos and jackpot score flashes etc.

-not sure if any instructions are in the callouts(as in TSPP ‘shoot the garage’) as could not really here call outs in the setup that was streamed.

-Maybe the ‘super jackpot values’ that stay on the screen during multiball could be done like the ‘next combo value’ replace the balls left (see later in post)or interchangeable here. (Please also see dial area of screen)

-text also stayed up on the screen too long and overlapped with new text at times. Looks a bit messy.

-red text on red background of map difficult to read. The white text looked great.
-I like the animations coming in from the side. These are pretty awesome.
-the video clips from the TV series are fantastic.

-I haven’t seen any games in person but the scores were difficult to see/read.
-hopefully someone can tell me. Not sure what the red light under the dial on the left side of screen indicated.

-not sure why there are 3 seperate boxes for ‘balls left’. Pretty sure we are not going to have up to 999 balls remaining. Maybe there are other plans for this section?
Maybe this area could be used for something else. This could be your super jackpot score area( same as next combo score) And then the ‘balls left’ could go under the dial on the left side, as only one box is really required. Possibly. This will line up boarders etc around these section more even aesthetics.

As said not griping just observations and I am one that is super happy with my purchase of Ultraman and can’t wait to play in person.
Awesome work done so far from the Spooky Team. Keeping the pinball passion alive and well.

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You just made a contradictory statement.
The Blu-ray most certainly does *not* "fill your 65" OLED" because it is 4:3 aspect ratio, while your OLED display is 16:9.
That's why you have the black bars running down the left and right side, to "fill" your screen. Where those black bars are is pretty much where Spooky has added the other images.

No contradiction at all. Here is the evidence plain to see that the screen is filled in the 4:3 aspect ratio, having the black borders on left and right just as stated. Spooky could put the controls in the black bar areas and fill the screen top to bottom with Ultraman series material. I do lots of professional video editing and its not difficult to do. It won’t be for them either.

F712AADF-9045-4D75-9AA4-D737BC2E5DFD (resized).jpegF712AADF-9045-4D75-9AA4-D737BC2E5DFD (resized).jpeg
#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Up to this point the whole Spooky team have done an amazing job and I am sure all aspects will get a lot better and tweaked over time.
The Light shows look awesome and gameplay and playfield look great.
After rewatching the stream and just concentrating on the display, there is definitely some more tweaking work to be done there.
Just my observations and some things that maybe could be entertained by the Spooky team.
Not griping as I know Spooky have more coding to do.
-sound from slings, I love the sound, but seems overpowering everything else in multiball (I know the sound coming through wasn’t ideal so maybe not noticeable with in person play)
- I love the display style from the show(some tweaks no doubt still to be done)
-Font style (not bad but could possibly be better or more Ultraman-ie)
-text positioning at times and when paying homage.
-there were some Kaiju battles and instructions to start modes that constantly had text across the screen telling you what you had to do, maybe this doesn’t need to stay on the screen all the time, once you have had time to read it, then the playfield has flashing light clues. This was covering up some cool video clips.(also see dial section of screen)
-Maybe where the dial is on the LHS this could be opened up as a screen(when required) for instructions, to keep them seperate from the main video plays and combos and jackpot score flashes etc.
-not sure if any instructions are in the callouts(as in TSPP ‘shoot the garage’) as could not really here call outs in the setup that was streamed.
-Maybe the ‘super jackpot values’ that stay on the screen during multiball could be done like the ‘next combo value’ replace the balls left (see later in post)or interchangeable here. (Please also see dial area of screen)
-text also stayed up on the screen too long and overlapped with new text at times. Looks a bit messy.
-red text on red background of map difficult to read. The white text looked great.
-I like the animations coming in from the side. These are pretty awesome.
-the video clips from the TV series are fantastic.
-I haven’t seen any games in person but the scores were difficult to see/read.
-hopefully someone can tell me. Not sure what the red light under the dial on the left side of screen indicated.
-not sure why there are 3 seperate boxes for ‘balls left’. Pretty sure we are not going to have up to 999 balls remaining. Maybe there are other plans for this section?
Maybe this area could be used for something else. This could be your super jackpot score area( same as next combo score) And then the ‘balls left’ could go under the dial on the left side, as only one box is really required. Possibly. This will line up boarders etc around these section more even aesthetics.
As said not griping just observations and I am one that is super happy with my purchase of Ultraman and can’t wait to play in person.
Awesome work done so far from the Spooky Team. Keeping the pinball passion alive and well.

These are all great points that I agree with. The LCD needs some more art direction. Also strongly agree with the sling SFX. I am not a fan of the sound but if it is going to be there, it needs to be toned down a bit. Just way too up front for me.

#1767 2 years ago

I like the display the way it is.
In the 60s and 70s we didn't have big screen TVs and ship monitors in the shows were typically small with rounded corners.
I think the team is trying to maintain that ship display feel.

Besides, I am not buying this pinball to watch a movie, I have a 65" 4k for that crap.

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No it doesn’t, but it does include the English subtitles.

Quoted from Palmer:

These are all great points that I agree with. The LCD needs some more art direction. Also strongly agree with the sling SFX. I am not a fan of the sound but if it is going to be there, it needs to be toned down a bit. Just way too up front for me.

Spooky is doing a great job on the sound up to this point. Love the music, sounds and call outs for the ones I could hear in the stream. Do tons of surf guitar music like the promo video has and it will be a winner, imo.

Quoted from Morinack:

Besides, I am not buying this pinball to watch a movie, I have a 65" 4k for that crap.

No one is asking Spooky to show us a movie, only show us the fabulous material filling as much of the screen as possible. After all that is what attracts most to any pinball machine in the LCD era. It is what sets modern pinball apart from the DMD era. Yes, seeing large Ultraman scenes while playing pinball, make for exciting pinball moments. Small postage stamp size doesn’t cut it for Ultraman, who is known for his large hero stature.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Watched the stream. Game looks great. But if I could have one wish that Spooky listens to, it's this:
Please, please Spooky, I beg of you - change the typeface of the main text. Revue is hideous. On par with Comic Sans and Impact. The typeface in Rick and Morty is so good, I hate to see you go backwards like this.
I did a quick search and Ultraman seems to use this font a lot:
[quoted image]
I did some quick searches and found some similar ones:
https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/insigne/le-havre-layers
https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/letterhead-fonts/lhf-gloria
But honestly, anything other than Revue would be a massive improvement.
On a side note, your text spacing also needs to be adjusted. Notice how much space there is between the two lines yet it's almost touching the score text:
[quoted image]
I imagine it's a work in progress, and that you don't really stare at the screen when playing, but I just thought I would mention it.

I would upvote this a hundred times if I could.

#1770 2 years ago

The display framing feels super retro, matches the show and the era perfectly. I'll reserve final judgement for actually seeing the game in person and it being on more fully realized code.

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

The display framing feels super retro, matches the show and the era perfectly. I'll reserve final judgement for actually seeing the game in person and it being on more fully realized code.

People reserving judgement until they've actually seen and played the pin in person? What are we trying to be reasonable around here all of the sudden?!

#1772 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I tried to ID some of the other Kaiju on the machine.

This is some next-gen nerd level going on here.

#1773 2 years ago

After much internal debate, I decided to switch my Halloween SE with a UMSE (#468). My thanks to Nitro for making that happen.

It's funny, I'm a big Halloween/horror fan and knew zero about Ultraman a month ago, so Halloween was the obvious first choice. Both games look amazing and would've been delighted with either, but the more I learned about the Ultraman series & history, the more the theme has peaked my interest. The collectibles alone in the Ultraman universe alone are mind boggling. For example, I learned there's a series of Game Boy and Super Famicom (SNES) games featuring Ultraman heroes and Kaiju called "Battle Dodgeball". Watched a few episodes on Youtube, ended up grabbing the original series Blu Ray, picked up the Matt Frank Trials #4 variant, and looking around for Kaiju posters that might look good on the wall in the game room. All in, baby!

DodgeII (resized).PNGDodgeII (resized).PNG

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

After much internal debate, I decided to switch my Halloween SE with a UMSE (#468). My thanks to Nitro for making that happen.
It's funny, I'm a big Halloween/horror fan and knew zero about Ultraman a month ago, so Halloween was the obvious first choice. Both games look amazing and would've been delighted with either, but the more I learned about the Ultraman series & history, the more the theme has peaked my interest. The collectibles alone in the Ultraman universe alone are mind boggling. For example, I learned there's a series of Game Boy and Super Famicom (SNES) games featuring Ultraman heroes and Kaiju called "Battle Dodgeball". Watched a few episodes on Youtube, ended up grabbing the original series Blu Ray, picked up the Matt Frank Trials #4 variant, and looking around for Kaiju posters that might look good on the wall in the game room. All in, baby!
[quoted image]

I love playing Super Dodgeball, so I'm gonna have to research that Ultraman Dodgeball game. Looks super cool.

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

The collectibles alone in the Ultraman universe alone are mind boggling.

I ordered the BSE specifically because there are SO many amazing sculpts and collectibles for UM. I'm planning to build a diorama topper using some demolished buildings, some of the kaiju and a UM figure. So much cool ultraman stuff!

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I ordered the BSE specifically because there are SO many amazing sculpts and collectibles for UM. I'm planning to build a diorama topper using some demolished buildings, some of the kaiju and a UM figure. So much cool ultraman stuff!

That sounds awesome. Aside from pinball, I collect retro video games, vintage/reissue action figures, and the occasional comic book. Ultraman seems to hit all the addictions nicely!

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I love playing Super Dodgeball, so I'm gonna have to research that Ultraman Dodgeball game. Looks super cool.

Solid. Looks like Battle Dodgeball has some RPG elements (i.e. hit points)? Could be cool.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

It's funny, I'm a big Halloween/horror fan <snip>

I bet you are gonna regret that when it's done!

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I bet you are gonna regret that when it's done!

Let's hope not, all pinball is awesome! Secondly, I do have a kid in the house and friends with kids of different ages over often. I was starting to get some anxiety about how she might react to the theme... I think UM will be a better fit in that regard. I'm starting to get why some people bought both.

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:No contradiction at all. Here is the evidence plain to see that the screen is filled in the 4:3 aspect ratio, having the black borders on left and right just as stated.
[quoted image]

lol

You actually proved my point. Your screen is NOT "filled" with the 4:3 aspect ratio! You know why? Because your screen is 16:9 aspect ratio. That's why you have the black bars on the left and on the right (to "fill" the area that is not filled with the original image).

I don't understand how someone who supposedly does a lot of video editing doesn't understand this.

#1780 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thanks for building that ... my date was around what I expected
#191 - delivery around mid Jan[quoted image]

Ha!

Perfect. I am #184, and I have been telling people I expect mine around mid to late January. This is spot on.

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Let's hope not, all pinball is awesome! Secondly, I do have a kid in the house and friends with kids of different ages over often. I was starting to get some anxiety about how she might react to the theme... I think UM will be a better fit in that regard. I'm starting to get why some people bought both.

Nothing against UM, I have one coming. I just meant that if you are a huge Halloween fan, you would regret walking away from it. I assumed you were disappointed in the reveal. But yah, kids. My daughter is too scared to play my Stranger Things! *shrug*

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
You actually proved my point. Your screen is NOT "filled" with the 4:3 aspect ratio! You know why? Because your screen is 16:9 aspect ratio. That's why you have the black bars on the left and on the right (to "fill" the area that is not filled with the original image).
I don't understand how someone who supposedly does a lot of video editing doesn't understand this.

You keep on saying the same thing. I’ll say it another way so you may finally understand with your limited viewpoint. 4:3 ratio part of the screen is sectioned off via software on a 16x9 screen and in that area is filled top to bottom. We all know it’s a 16x9 screen hence the reason stated it has black bars on the sides. Do you finally understand buddy? Never claimed 16x9 screen is completely filled. Get off it…(sheesh, why is this so important to you? Lol)

The whole point of all this is Spooky can make Ultraman show material much larger than a postage stamp in size. Now do you get it???

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You keep on saying the same thing. I’ll say it another way so you may finally understand with your limited viewpoint. 4:3 ratio part of the screen is sectioned off via software on a 16x9 screen and in that area is filled top to bottom. We all know it’s a 16x9 screen hence the reason stated it has black bars on the sides. Do you finally understand buddy? Never claimed 16x9 screen is completely filled. Get off it…(sheesh, why is this so important to you? Lol)

I could say the same thing to you.

You are the one that kept insisting that the image filled the screen...when it does not, as you finally admit above.

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I could say the same thing to you.
You are the one that kept insisting that the image filled the screen...when it does not, as you finally admit above.

Wow, give it a rest!

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I assumed you were disappointed in the reveal.

Actually, this wasn't the case for me. I thought both games looked & sounded awesome in the reveal. Interesting lighting effects all around. Work to do on both obviously in terms of code/adding animations, but that will come. We're a little spoiled in West Michigan in terms of location games, so I gravitate towards more unusual machines that are more difficult to come by. UM definitely qualifies, and I feel I'm more likely to find a Halloween on location and that it would be easier to find down the road if I want to make a change. The culture surrounding UM as a theme also is exciting me more. Lots to discover. Certainly, the kid at least partly influenced the decision. It's hard to explain serial murder for entertainment!

#1786 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol

He's saying 'fill' - but what he means is the image is the full height of the screen. So it 'fills' the vertical - vs 'fills' the vertical AND horizontal (as you are referencing).

Just bad wording.

#1787 2 years ago

Thanks again for the Nitro Pinball recommendation!! Looks like I’m UMCE #292. Which is insane because my Mando LE is #292. What’s are the odds of that happening?! Idk but “I like those odds”.

#1788 2 years ago

I'm almost done with my model of the VTOL Jet.

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Ultraman-Mecha-Collection/dp/B017JT76TC/ref=sr_1_2

I can't seem to get the decals to peel up. And the instructions are in Japanese. I saw someone had assembled theirs already.

Little help?

Thanks, in advance.

#1789 2 years ago

I'm almost done with my model of the VTOL Jet.
amazon.com link »
I can't seem to get the decals to peel up. And the instructions are in Japanese. I saw someone had assembled theirs already.
Little help?
Thanks, in advance.

Peel up?
I suspect they are waterslide.

#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Peel up?
I suspect they are waterslide.

Haven't used that type before, but it makes sense. And again, my Japanese is non existent.

#1791 2 years ago

Little help?

Yes, I put mine together a week or so ago. The decals are waterslide decals. Get a shallow saucer or bowl and put a small amount of water in it, like half an inch deep. Then, using some tweezers (I used my ESD tweezers from my electronics kit) put the ONE decal (cut them out and only do one at a time) into the water and hold it under (like you are drowning it) for like 30 seconds to a minute, at some point the sticker/decal will come loose and you can CAREFULLY pick it up off the paper or take the entire piece over to the model and slide the decal only into place,the second method is much simpler. There will be excess water, if you leave this it will take a while to set and dry so WAIT before you do the next one or you may mess up the alignment of the previous decal. Alternatively use the very corner of a paper towel to soak the excess water and it will dry quicker. For video instructions look up "Putting On Waterslide Decals" on YouTube. Good luck!

Edit: when you are done and everything is dry you should spritz the model with some clearcoat, I just used matte Krylon clearcoat and a very thin layer.

#1792 2 years ago

Note: waterslide decals are very easy to tear. You can piece them back together in place if this happens but for best results take your time.

#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yes, I put mine together a week or so ago. The decals are waterslide decals. Get a shallow saucer or bowl and put a small amount of water in it, like half an inch deep. Then, using some tweezers (I used my ESD tweezers from my electronics kit) put the ONE decal (cut them out and only do one at a time) into the water and hold it under (like you are drowning it) for like 30 seconds to a minute, at some point the sticker/decal will come loose and you can CAREFULLY pick it up off the paper or take the entire piece over to the model and slide the decal only into place,the second method is much simpler. There will be excess water, if you leave this it will take a while to set and dry so WAIT before you do the next one or you may mess up the alignment of the previous decal. Alternatively use the very corner of a paper towel to soak the excess water and it will dry quicker. For video instructions look up "Putting On Waterslide Decals" on YouTube. Good luck!
Edit: when you are done and everything is dry you should spritz the model with some clearcoat, I just used matte Krylon clearcoat and a very thin layer.

Sweet, thanks. I have matte rustoleum clear at home.

#1794 2 years ago

Oh crap...I hope the thing I bought wasn't a DIY kit LMAO....guess it's time to learn more new skills.... like I don't have enough going on right now. I may have to leave that in the box for a while when it shows up if that's what it is. Oops.

*edit* Ah crap....lol...

About this item

Two-color molding and water transfer formula decal markings reproduced in image in the play

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh crap...I hope the thing I bought wasn't a DIY kit LMAO....guess it's time to learn more new skills.... like I don't have enough going on right now. I may have to leave that in the box for a while when it shows up if that's what it is. Oops.

If it's the one I sent you in PM, it is a model kit. It is pretty much snap together, but the decals are where I got confused. And I can confirm it is way smaller than the dimension on Amazon make it seem. This has to be what Spooky is using.

#1796 2 years ago

If it's the one I sent you in PM, it is a model kit. It is pretty much snap together, but the decals are where I got confused. And I can confirm it is way smaller than the dimension on Amazon make it seem. This has to be what Spooky is using.

Good to know it's roughly the same size so it can go in the same spot. Welp, I've got a year to figure it out.

#1797 2 years ago

Would any adhesive be necessary for the snap-together kit? A dab of superglue?

#1798 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It will mostly stay together with snap only, the little turret on the top was the only part I had any problems with. But, it is IMPORTANT to never use super glue on a model. Super glue will melt the plastic in a bad way. You should use Model Glue, you can get it at Target or any hobby shop for less than $5. I did end up taking a few parts back apart and gluing them before I cleared it. After doing all this I realized the clear would probably hold the turret on though.

#1799 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I used a tiny dab of loctite brand glue on the little side rockets and the tiny fin? near the top center and on the little boosters in the back. Basically tiny parts I don't want rattling free when the shaker goes off

#1800 2 years ago

Couple of good reads:

https://nerdist.com/article/ultraman-what-you-need-to-know/
https://nerdist.com/article/ultra-q-japanese-x-files-tokusatsu/

So Ultra Q is a Black & White X-Files with giant monsters?! Yes please. Just grabbed the Blu Ray for $10.99 on Amazon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/36?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.