IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 55.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I don't get the big deal. The guy is getting his pin last. Everyone a few months ago was complaining about the wait, and now they want to be dead last. I rather be closer to first then dead last. I'll stick with my #77 unless I can move up, but #500. No thanks.

Totally, it’s just people looking desperately to find something to get offended about on the internet. Kind of funny actually.

Changing topics, I listened to the first half hour of one of the Spooky podcasts today. It was super interesting hearing from SpookyLuke on his role and growth in the company. Also his movie interests are bit different from many of the others at Spooky, maybe one day a 300 or Inception pin could be possible. 300 would be an instant buy for me with my Greek family.

Also, was good to hear they have most of their parts ready to roll for production, we won’t be sitting around waiting on chips with Spooky for our Ultraman machines. Glad Spooky planned so well for the future. I am really enthusiastic about supporting Spooky, the more I hear from them the more enthusiastic I am becoming. I have no idea what number my Ultraman CE is going to be (guess I need to check on that), but it’s going in my living room as the only game at my home collection not in my game room.

#1652 2 years ago

Sooooo, about that gameplay video…

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Sooooo, about that gameplay video…

tttcd.giftttcd.gif
#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

No kidding. If people didn’t hear about it on a podcast, nobody would care that somebody requested and got #500.

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I could care less

That means you care...

#1656 2 years ago

Sup y’all. I’d love an ultraman CE. I know I’m really late to the game. I’ve reached out to a couple distributors and Facebook but no cigar. Would it be unwise to pay a fellow Pinsider $3k to take his #156 pre order spot? Making the total 10k when all is said and done.

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from TheHive:

Sup y’all. I’d love an ultraman CE. I know I’m really late to the game. I’ve reached out to a couple distributors and Facebook but no cigar. Would it be unwise to pay a fellow Pinsider $3k to take his #156 pre order spot? Making the total 10k when all is said and done.

If none are available through distributors then probably yes. As no more than the specified number of 500 will be made. Especially if you really want one. They will go
Up in price if anything. Providing gameplay is good and it is looking like it will be not only different but great play.

#1659 2 years ago

Kaneda responds on #605 if you care to listen.

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Why did people thumbs down this. They don’t like the truth?

sheeple AKA patreon donors

#1661 2 years ago
Quoted from TheHive:

like rick and morty they will be available as people get theirs save the money

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That means you care...

I care enough to point out your whining. Got me there! I don't care what # anyone got. Let it go.

Now back on topic, discussing Ultraman #s, in the Ultraman thread

#1663 2 years ago

Is #500 a significant number in the Ultraman universe? If not why would anyone be upset someone was given #500?

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is #500 a significant number in the Ultraman universe? If not why would anyone be upset someone was given #500?

NoOne cares, everyone was told ‘no special treatment this time on what number you get’. Then kaneda got possible special treatment then blasted it on his podcast of ultra ultraness

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because Kaneda...

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

NoOne cares, everyone was told ‘no special treatment this time on what number you get’. Then kaneda got possible special treatment then blasted it on his podcast of ultra ultraness

I wasn't told that, not did I ask for a #. Maybe he did? Dunno. Much Ado about nothing IMO.

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Because Kaneda...

Yeah, okay. If *that's* the specific issue for most people, I don't even know what to say other than let it go. Why would it matter if it was him....or anyone else? Exceptions are exceptions regardless, and that's the issue, the only issue. I don't listen to the guy's podcast.....but I hadn't listened to ANY pinball podcast in years up until the Ultraman announcement, and even then...I haven't bothered to continue listening to any of them. But hey, the only podcast I do listen to anymore, Legend of Retro, is going away. That actually sucks. This situation is merely dumb and ridiculous.

I still want to know if they're setting aside one set of CE trim and actually building it last, or if they're just putting it at the end of the CE line and slapping a #500 plate on it. Maybe I should ask if they can move up my BSE to the front of the BSE line, since apparently all you have to do is ask, right?

I'm not going to comment further on it. There's more important things in life. It's good to hear that they have a date set for the JD stream.

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from TheHive:

Unless you are in a hurry, I'd say to wait. I think this will be Spooky's best game to date, but still, once there is a new release there will be some ready to jump ship. Time will tell.

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Unless you are in a hurry, I'd say to wait. I think this will be Spooky's best game to date, but still, once there is a new release there will be some ready to jump ship. Time will tell.

I bet there will be some traitors when Godzilla is announced.

#1670 2 years ago

Stream is Saturday evening per Spooky Luke.

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I bet there will be some traitors when Godzilla is announced.

Not me. They will compliment each other with Kaiju goodness

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not me. They will compliment each other with Kaiju goodness

Yeah, if only I believed that Stern was going to do classic Godzilla, not current Godzilla, and I had any faith in them to provide a layout and toys I actually want to play.......oh, and had another 10 grand to throw around like it was Monopoly money...lol. To be honest, playing AIQ LE may have restored a *tiny* bit of faith that they can still hang with "out there" designs that aren't fan layouts. Not gonna lie, that game was really fun, and I'd love to own one now.

#1673 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, if only I believed that Stern was going to do classic Godzilla, not current Godzilla, and I had any faith in them to provide a layout and toys I actually want to play.......oh, and had another 10 grand to throw around like it was Monopoly money...lol. To be honest, playing AIQ LE may have restored a *tiny* bit of faith that they can still hang with "out there" designs that aren't fan layouts. Not gonna lie, that game was really fun, and I'd love to own one now.

Supposed to be Elwin who did AIQ and Yeti, who does great art. I doubt very seriously it will be current movie based, but you never know. The current movie would add a second licensor in addition to TOHO. Fingers crossed.

#1674 2 years ago

I could discuss this until I'm blue in the face, but I'm just going to leave it at "Stern isn't really pushing my buttons with recent designs." All the free money I have for pinball is committed to Ultraman at this point, so regardless what GZ looks like.....they're SOL as far as my dollars go.

#1676 2 years ago

Stream day... whoot whooot!!!

#1677 2 years ago

I'm so mad I have to work tonight and can't catch the stream. I hope it will be up for view later. I'll cry if it isn't.

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I'm so mad I have to work tonight and can't catch the stream. I hope it will be up for view later. I'll cry if it isn't.

Jack said it will be, but might be a few days depending on if they get DMCA notifications and have to dispute them or not.

#1679 2 years ago

Um500 will be a celebrity owned game and carry a degree of provenance for generations to come…

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Um500 will be a celebrity owned game and carry a degree of provenance for generations to come…

......boy you're REALLY stretching the term "celebrity" there...

#1681 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stream is Saturday evening per Spooky Luke.

Any idea what time?

#1682 2 years ago

6:00 PM Central was posted yesterday, subject to change..

#1683 2 years ago

Can someone please post the link for the stream....

#1684 2 years ago

Someone should start a Tetsuo podcast.

Quoted from Paragon4u:

Can someone please post the link for the stream....

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Someone should start a Tetsuo podcast.

DON'T DO THAT... jesus christ LMFAO. If I had been drinking anything it would've come out all over the place via my nose... I about choked on my own spit as it is....

#1686 2 years ago

Ultraman about to staaaaaaarrrttttttt YES! Got to say I was really impressed with HWN. The music and callouts were great imo, I'd happily own one.

#1687 2 years ago

Such a great vibe with this stream. You'd have to be Grinch himself not to be a Spooky fan

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Ultraman about to staaaaaaarrrttttttt YES! Got to say I was really impressed with HWN. The music and callouts were great imo, I'd happily own one.

No offense to HWN owners or those who liked what they saw, but my opinion is opposite of this.

I am extremely happy that I went with UM over HWN. I think UM looks better than HWN, and I think the sounds on UM are also notably better. Just personal opinion, but I really think that UM lends itself to pinball much better than HWN.

So far, really happy with my decision.

Hope they get the technical issues resolved quickly so I can see more gameplay.

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No offense to HWN owners or those who liked what they saw, but my opinion is opposite of this.
I am extremely happy that I went with UM over HWN. I think UM looks way better than HWN, and I think the sounds on UM are also notably better. Just personal opinion, but I really think that UM lends itself to pinball much better than HWN.

I'm incredibly happy with Halloween and how it looks and sounds so far no regrets, looking forward to seeing it mature since Bug mentioned theres still lots of assets to add in, but yes UltraMan looks fantastic! I know nothing about UltraMan and I'm excited for that game and for the people that got one. Spooky really seems to have knocked it out of the park with both. Enjoy your UM! Hope to be able play one myself at some point.

#1690 2 years ago

I agree. I am loving Ultraman! So excited to wait to get it!

#1691 2 years ago

So happy that this made it into the game!

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am extremely happy that I went with UM over HWN. I think UM looks way better than HWN, and I think the sounds on UM are also notably better. Just personal opinion, but I really think that UM lends itself to pinball much better than HWN.

Totally agree.... I love the Halloween movies and never heard of ultraman until this release but ultraman seems to just work better in this case. Also probably helps ultraman was the first choice and license after john wick didn't work out. Think I may get a ultraman ....

#1693 2 years ago

This is fucking sick, and if they deliver on even 80% of the code stuff they say they want to do it's enough for me.

I am going to be OBSESSED with that shot to the magnet hold from the upper playfield.

#1694 2 years ago

I'm more intrigued by these games holding a "spare ball" on the right that seems available somewhat on demand. I'm trying to think of another title that has this. There must be some others... anybody?

#1695 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm more intrigued by these games holding a "spare ball" on the right that seems available somewhat on demand. I'm trying to think of another title that has this. There must be some others... anybody?

Thunderbirds I think does this.

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally, it’s just people looking desperately to find something to get offended about on the internet. Kind of funny actually.
Changing topics, I listened to the first half hour of one of the Spooky podcasts today. It was super interesting hearing from SpookyLuke on his role and growth in the company. Also his movie interests are bit different from many of the others at Spooky, maybe one day a 300 or Inception pin could be possible. 300 would be an instant buy for me with my Greek family.
Also, was good to hear they have most of their parts ready to roll for production, we won’t be sitting around waiting on chips with Spooky for our Ultraman machines. Glad Spooky planned so well for the future. I am really enthusiastic about supporting Spooky, the more I hear from them the more enthusiastic I am becoming. I have no idea what number my Ultraman CE is going to be (guess I need to check on that), but it’s going in my living room as the only game at my home collection not in my game room.

You are the man!

#1697 2 years ago

The 2nd pf seems super hard to get control on the way the ball flys in. Not a bad thing really, just an observation.

The 3rd pf didn't seem used much at all. I swear they were hitting the shot to go up there but maybe it has to be in the right mode.

#1698 2 years ago

Ultraman looked great in the stream. Definitely reinforced my original opinion the music fits great. Still couldn't hear the call outs that great but it sounded fantastic. Loved the look of the display also very retro.

#1699 2 years ago

Have they uploaded the video to twitch or to you tube yet?

#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeEvans:

Have they uploaded the video to twitch or to you tube yet?

Jack said it would post to YouTube… May be a day or two to deal with DMCA… And they might need to edit out Bug’s social security card

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 13,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/34?hl=good-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.