IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 55.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Some of you have never played TSPP before...and it shows!

Yup....need the "flip flip flip" of the flipper showing where the ball will show up. But only the first time...then you are on your own.

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yup....need the "flip flip flip" of the flipper showing where the ball will show up. But only the first time...then you are on your own.

I wouldn't mind if they implemented that. I think what's there is enough, just people aren't used to balls magically appearing in the inlanes...but this would overall be a good change for ball 1.

#1553 2 years ago

I'm not sure it's a problem for newbies. I think it's worse for people who play pinball often. When you hit a ball into a scoop you're used to it coming back out. When it appears at the flippers that is a change and will take some getting used to.

#1554 2 years ago

It’s not a big deal.

When the pre-staged ball fires out of the left scoop on Rick and Morty the first time, everyone misses it.

By the end of the first game, they’ve worked it out.

No crisis.

rd

#1555 2 years ago

And then you have a drink or two and forget again

#1556 2 years ago

What I would really love to see is a dip setting to play Halloween on the Ultraman pin, and vice versa.

You know, because why not?

Kind of like playing bride of pinbot 1.0 on bop2.0, kind of

... but much better

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

What I would really love to see is a dip setting to play Halloween on the Ultraman pin, and vice versa.
... but much better

I think it would be cool to have an Easter egg in each so you could see Michael somehow in UM, and Ultraman somewhere in Halloween.

Maybe something quick on the display if you complete a weird sequence of events.

#1558 2 years ago

Pretty sure you can just download the HWN code and install it on UM and vice versa

Quoted from Chosen_S:

... but much better

#1559 2 years ago

The fast balls are what make R&M and TNA so much fun. You have to be ready and alert. I mean if you're really worried about it you can just hold the flipper each time. But it's these kinds of things that really differentiate Spookys from Sterns for me. I like a bit of unpredictability.

Gameplay is looking sweet, really looking forward to this one.

#1560 2 years ago

It's beating a dead horse at this point but any news on Deadflip stream yet?

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

i did get to play about 6 games of ultraman , but one ball games do not really give a sense of the full experience.

I would say the flippers felt better than my Rick and Morty , which is still running on the original bushings

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

He said yesterday on his stream that it COULD be today. But it's not, but it could be, which it's not. And if it IS, he is not ready, because it's not. Even though it could be.
But for sure it will be by the end of the month, but probably in the next two weeks.

#1563 2 years ago

Who's going with the ButterCab option? And with what model?

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Who's going with the ButterCab option? And with what model?

I believe I'm going to go with the butter cab. I'm gonna display it on it's own away from my other machines. I've been talking to a decent amount of people that have had it done in the past. I didn't run into one person that didn't enjoy it. They all had great things to say about it.

#1565 2 years ago

I'm in on a butter cabinet as well. The way I see it I'm already $8999 in debt whats another $1,000 for a nicer cabinet.

#1566 2 years ago

I'm not going butter. It's going in a row with other pins so don't see the need. I'll spend that money hopefully on some cool mods the mod community comes up with.

#1567 2 years ago

Likely butter cab for me--have a prominent spot for her where the sides will be exposed. Some say it's well worth it, others not so much so it's a tough call. Will be interesting to hear from folks on the early orders.

#1568 2 years ago

I think it just depends on how much you care about cabinets. I just...simply don't care enough. I'd rather have extra money in the rest of the machine. I'd even go for bare wood cabs if it knocked a grand off the prices lol. I can spray paint it black for $10. and it will blend into the background.

#1569 2 years ago

No-go on the butter cab. I would only go butter if every game in my collection was butter and I went all out on everything. Which I don’t. It’s in a line up of 12 machines. The artwork is phenomenal and a shame it won’t be seen in my collection as it’s just lined up with other games. But unless you’re a onesy twosy threesy collector - I would suspect your cabinet won’t be seen either…and there are many other things on which to drop a grand.

#1570 2 years ago

I am still on the fence actually. I love the artwork and know it would look great, but like so many others, it wouldn't really be shown off or admired due to placement. Its all about personal satisfaction with no plans on resale, as I am pretty sure it would be pried from my cold dead hands like my R&M or TNA.

For some reason, the Spooky pins really get me cranked up the way Williams did back in the day.

#1571 2 years ago

I think Ultraman would be a no brainer, with such vibrant colors. Not sure how it will look on HWN, since they are more muted. Being 920, I'll have plenty of time to decide!

#1572 2 years ago

HWN Young Michael clown will be what you see when you walk in to my pin room, so hoping the butter will pop

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I am still on the fence actually. I love the artwork and know it would look great, but like so many others, it wouldn't really be shown off or admired due to placement. Its all about personal satisfaction with no plans on resale, as I am pretty sure it would be pried from my cold dead hands like my R&M or TNA.
For some reason, the Spooky pins really get me cranked up the way Williams did back in the day.

I've had a CFTBL with a clearcoated cab since 1999. Done by a private restorer.

Pros: Shiny!

Cons: Not a big deal when blocked in by other machines. If you DO put it on the end all the reflections actually make it
*harder* to see the art (depending on the room lighting).

You can't go wrong either way as unlike Stern, Spooky's decals show no woodgrain. So they sorta look CC'ed anyway.

#1574 2 years ago

So Kaneda says Spooky will be giving him Ultraman CE #500
Ill find it pretty amnoying if Spooky messes with the number sequence just to make one podcaster feel like his CE is worth more on the resale. Its not like Kaneda will keep the game for more than a few months anyway. He is a pinball "investor". He doesnt deserve special treatment but especially when he didnt care about the theme and we know he will flip it as a rarity (possibly still in box).
Why does this guy feel entitled to some special number 500 edition and mess with the whole number sequence? Its a shitty move it they let it happen.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ill find it pretty amnoying if Spooky messes with the number sequence just to make one podcaster feel like his CE is worth more on the resale. Its not like Kaneda will keep the game for more than a few months anyway. He is a pinball "investor". He doesnt deserve special treatment but especially when he didnt care about the theme and we know he will flip it as a rarity (possibly still in box).
Why does this guy feel entitled to some special number 500 edition and mess with the whole number sequence? Its a shitty move it they let it happen.

I sure hope that is not happening. 500 should be a standard edition.

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I sure hope that is not happening. 500 should be a standard edition.

Why do you guys care what his number is? Doesn't affect yours in any way whatsoever.

And theoretically, all 500 UMs could have been CEs anyway. Plus, him being last actually just means that everyone else gets their game sooner. Seems like literally everyone wins, and Spooky gets to help out one of their customers in a special way. A customer who also did a great interview with them, and who has been giving them lots of good press.

Like, why wouldn't they go ahead and make his game last if he wants?

#1577 2 years ago

Too many Pinsiders just like things to complain about

#1578 2 years ago

I guess that just means that 1031 HWN can be a CE!

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Kaneda says, a lot.

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Why do you guys care what his number is? Doesn't affect yours in any way whatsoever.
And theoretically, all 500 UMs could have been CEs anyway. Plus, him being last actually just means that everyone else gets their game sooner. Seems like literally everyone wins, and Spooky gets to help out one of their customers in a special way. A customer who also did a great interview with them, and who has been giving them lots of good press.
Like, why wouldn't they go ahead and make his game last if he wants?

He might have been the one who requested it first? Not even preferential treatment.

#1581 2 years ago

Honestly, would anyone pay a premium for 500? I don't see any Ultraman being worth extra because they are a specific number, beyond someone perhaps paying a premium to get their game early.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I guess that just means that 1031 HWN can be a CE!

Thats the point right there.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Honestly, would anyone pay a premium for 500? I don't see any Ultraman being worth extra because they are a specific number, beyond someone perhaps paying a premium to get their game early.

Because its a slight variation from the norm and there are people out there who will pay extra for that. Not me but people..

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Too many Pinsiders just like things to complain about

Yeah yeah hes your buddy. Its still a crappy play

#1585 2 years ago

He's not getting #500 because he thinks it'll be worth more on the resale; he's getting #500 because he wants more time before his game ships and his balance is due. He and his wife are planning on buying a home outside of the city sometime within the next year, so he want to have that done before bringing a new pin. Seems pretty innocent to me.

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

He's not getting #500 because he thinks it'll be worth more on the resale; he's getting #500 because he wants more time before his game ships and his balance is due. He and his wife are planning on buying a home outside of the city sometime within the next year, so he want to have that done before bringing a new pin. Seems pretty innocent to me.

You don’t sound like you’ve followed Kaneda for very long... he WILL most likely sell the game for a profit after obtaining it, his history shows this is common. He does need to be last because of life decisions, He DOES want number 500 because of its rare number, he DOES want to interview spooky guys because he wants more listeners and draw in the spooky crowd by purchasing another spooky game and talking about it.

It’s pinball, it’s a marketing ploy, it’s fun, he’s awesome to listen to, he’s a jackass, he’s brilliant, he’s smart, he can be annoying at times, he rattles people’s cages, he calls people out, he doesn’t care what we think. I enjoy listening to him, he’s grown on me... he spends way too much time doing his hobby. Who cares.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah yeah hes your buddy. Its still a crappy play

I really love Pinside sometimes.

I’m really not sure what I get accused of more? Being a Kaneda basher or a Kaneda fanboy?

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I really love Pinside sometimes.
I’m really not sure what I get accused of more? Being a Kaneda basher or a Kaneda fanboy?

Why not both

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

He DOES want number 500 because of its rare number

How is 500 a “rare number”? Each game has its own F’ing number. Most people who care about numbers want an earlier number like #1-10. Who cares, it’s totally irrelevant. No number “means anything” compared to other numbers.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

... Most people who care about numbers want an earlier number like #1-10. Who cares, it’s totally irrelevant. No number “means anything” compared to other numbers.

D2bzK6LXQAEa3uw (resized).jpgD2bzK6LXQAEa3uw (resized).jpg

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How is 500 a “rare number”? Each game has its own F’ing number. Most people who care about numbers want an earlier number like #1-10. Who cares, it’s totally irrelevant. No number “means anything” compared to other numbers.

Tell that to car collectors, or money collectors, or anyone who collects anything to have a story and in this case “this is number 500 of 500”. There’s something special there that people want

Edit: 1 example
https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/cool-serial-numbers-worth-more/

#1592 2 years ago

Well 388 is the best number of them all because it’s my number. Just saying.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

I'm in on a butter cabinet as well. The way I see it I'm already $8999 in debt whats another $1,000 for a nicer cabinet.

I’m leaning that way too. I’ve never had a butter cab on any of my prior Spooky’s. Looking forward to this one and I’m going to keep this game in my living room rather than my game room, so the more of a display piece it is the better.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

so the more of a display piece it is the better.

Seriously, none of your non pinball buddies would notice the difference.

I had my standard ACNC in my lounge, two of my pinball buddies said “that looks awesome, is that a butter cabinet?”

So even they don’t know.

Personally, I’d put the $1000 towards another pin.

But that’s me.

rd

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Personally, I’d put the $1000 towards another pin.

Or use it to "pay off" your significant other so they don't sweat you on future pin purchases.

#1596 2 years ago

since am getting the rare standard edition I should take number 500.
That’s being a team player and all

#1597 2 years ago

Damn. Some of you guys spend a lot of time worrying about irrelevant shit that doesn’t change your life in any sort of way. It boggles my mind. I wouldn’t even think about some of this stuff, let alone take the time to type it out and complain about it to others.

I recommend you put down the Pinside for a bit and go spend some time doing something more productive. You’ve fallen down the Pinside black hole.

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Damn. Some of you guys spend a lot of time worrying about irrelevant shit that doesn’t change your life in any sort of way. It boggles my mind. I wouldn’t even think about some of this stuff, let alone take the time to type it out and complain about it to others.
I recommend you put down the Pinside for a bit and go spend some time doing something more productive. You’ve fallen down the Pinside black hole.

And even if you haven’t fallen down the Pinside black hole there are people on here who will drag you down there!!!

#1599 2 years ago

I have HWN # (69)0 and that’s...

61F3BE70-B3EC-4CA3-9507-6E1CEA847395 (resized).jpeg61F3BE70-B3EC-4CA3-9507-6E1CEA847395 (resized).jpeg
#1600 2 years ago

Really liked this game so I inquired about a standard. The safe estimate I got was 2023. I have no idea where I'll be at in 2023. LOL. Maybe I should try to buy somebody's CE spot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/32?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.