IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 55.
#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Got to play twice today. I had no real clue what I was doing but it game looks amazing and it felt great to shoot. It’s going to take some time to get used to where the ball exits after hitting certain shots. Both times I drained were because I was watching an area where I thought the ball was going to exit and then it would come from somewhere else and drain before I even noticed it was there. I got to one multiple ball mode which was fun. Overall I loved my brief time and I’m really excited to get my game soon.

No more video?

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is a metal flap over the entry point so an incoming ball will just roll over the top after the lift goes back under. I was a bit worried about this myself but after imagining it for awhile I think it will work really well.

Yes, should be a nice controlled return to flippers allowing to set up next shot.

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I didn’t have cable growing up in the 70’s so never saw it

Did anyone have cable in the 70's?

We had an antenna

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Did anyone have cable in the 70's?
We had an antenna

My best friend next door in Ohio did in 1978 or 1979 Saw my first pair of breast on tv while having a sleep over lol

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Haha good to see on a set up game that the lifters don't slow down the ball enough to let it just come to a trapped position by holding the flipper up. Gonna have to nudge it over to the other side or flip it away...maybe can get a tap and have it roll down the sling if they're not set super sensitive, but you have to do SOMETHING.

I was pretty confident that this would be the case based on my experience with R&M. Obviously it's not exactly the same, but still pretty similar in terms of how the ball is fed from the subway on the left.

#1406 2 years ago

Got to play twice today. I had no real clue what I was doing but it game looks amazing and it felt great to shoot. It’s going to take some time to get used to where the ball exits after hitting certain shots. Both times I drained were because I was watching an area where I thought the ball was going to exit and then it would come from somewhere else and drain before I even noticed it was there. I got to one multiple ball mode which was fun. Overall I loved my brief time and I’m really excited to get my game soon.

Can you give us your impression of the LED strips on the upper PFs? I know you weren't in a dark room, but any concerns with them blinding the player?

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's not even worth clicking on... 6 second video from 5 feet away showing one flip?

Did i say it was about game play? No

it was about the game going live.

#1408 2 years ago

TNT Amusements live stream at Pinfest. Maybe they will make it over to Ultraman.

#1409 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can you give us your impression of the LED strips on the upper PFs? I know you weren't in a dark room, but any concerns with them blinding the player?

Blinding? No - the smoked shields are between the player and the leds making it fine. A total dark room could be different.

The bright hot spots of seeing a strip directly- yes. Distracting? Solicits i did say no. Watching the game behind someone is worse then the player position. Ugly? I think it looks kinda cheap.

But they use them heavily for effects and GI style effects. They are very much animated and a key asset to the game’s design.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I honestly didn’t even notice them. I think that’s a good thing. I’m sure they added to the overall experience but didn’t stick out to the point where I was wondering “what’s going on with these lights?”. I was talking to one of the guys from Spooky and he did mention that he wished the room was a bit dimmer so people could better see all the lighting in the game.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My best friend next door in Ohio did in 1978 or 1979 Saw my first pair of breast on tv while having a sleep over lol

Dude................that's awesome...........nice story.............super cool

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Glad you liked it. At the time so did I lol

#1413 2 years ago

Bump for B R E A S T S, lol.

Quoted from lifefloat:

#1414 2 years ago

I honestly didn’t even notice them. I think that’s a good thing. I’m sure they added to the overall experience but didn’t stick out to the point where I was wondering “what’s going on with these lights?”. I was talking to one of the guys from Spooky and he did mention that he wished the room was a bit dimmer so people could better see all the lighting in the game.

Excellent, thanks for the feedback

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did i say it was about game play? No
it was about the game going live.

Does that.....somehow increase the value of the video?

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

TNT Amusements live stream at Pinfest. Maybe they will make it over to Ultraman.

Heading over very soon. They said they will definitely check out ultraman. Jump on

#1417 2 years ago

My son and I were very impressed with the game play, everything seemed smooth and solid! Theme integration on the display was excellent and almost made me wish we went with UKR rather than Halloween (my son was definitely disappointed with my decision to go with JCH over UKR). Only real negative I noticed was the delay when the ball went into the subway to when it ejected into the inlane, but I spoke briefly with Bug and he confirmed that balls will definitely be staged with the production release. Oh, there was one other huge issue, Spooky still needs better QA on their locks!

#1418 2 years ago

Wow I cant believe still not one video of Halloween in action.

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

Wow I cant believe still not one video of Halloween in action.

Halloween wasn't at Pinfest, only UKR. I'm pretty sure Charlie was taking Halloween to a different convention, but not sure where or when.

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm pretty sure Charlie was taking Halloween to a different convention, but not sure where or when.

It's at Flashback Weekend in Chicago. Started today

#1421 2 years ago

I got to play it today at Pinfest. Ultraman and Halloween were not my dream themes. But I gotta say, Ultraman was a really nice game. Flowed pretty well. I managed to get the ball up to the 3rd playfield with the guys from Spooky guiding me on what was going to happen as I played the game. Light show was pretty nice. I didn’t get to see much of the LCD screen as my face was glued to the playfield the whole time. Props to Spooky and crew!

I don’t think anyone one of you guys that ordered Ultraman are going to be disappointed!

#1422 2 years ago

Nice to see the flow. Cheers to Spooky

#1423 2 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

I didn’t get to see much of the DMD display

This game does not have a DMD.

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I want a refund!

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LCD screen, sorry, so used to calling it a DMD

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Display screen, sorry, so used to calling it a DMD

Digital
Media
Display

still works imo.

#1427 2 years ago

I played one ball on this game at Allentown. It was a good one. Hit three multi-balls and kept the ball alive for 5 minutes. Not sure what I hit. I just flipped and enjoyed the game. Drained on purpose because there was a long line. But that one ball was fantastic! I should have bought one! Dang. It was beautiful. Flippers seemed weak but there was a lot of games plugged in at the show. Still powerful enough to make all the shots.

I took some videos on my phone but they really don't do the game justice. Thus, I didn't post them.

Well done, Spooky!
PXL_20210730_220420902.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210730_220420902.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210730_220732635 (resized).jpgPXL_20210730_220732635 (resized).jpg

#1428 2 years ago

I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow. I hope its not a line of 100 deep to play!

#1430 2 years ago

I’m sticking with HWN / UM

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow. I hope its not a line of 100 deep to play!

The line will move quick. They are allowing 1 ball play per person. You want to play it again, right back to the end of the line.

#1432 2 years ago

Is the lcd screen smaller or larger than a stern?

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I want a refund!

Dig your sarcasm man - thanks!

Refreshing.

Sincerely!

#1434 2 years ago

First videos (not mine)

#1435 2 years ago

I like the visual indicators where the ball is coming out.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Ultraman was impressive. The limit was one ball , so it was hard to a get a complete feel.
The Uttraman thread has a link to a video of some upper playfield play and a multiball.
The shots all felt good and the loops were really buttery smooth with the right loop having a GETAWAY feel for repetition.
The "lifters" were surprising everyone with drains because its an unexpected ball feed from a blind spot in the inlane.
LCD graphic display worked well the the battling and the animations were interesting.
Spooky team has done it again; and the crew watched almost every game . smiling and encouraging the players. Youth in pinball design and manufacturing is a refreshing addition to the landscape.

Wondering if the call outs (besides the lights seen in videos) reveal the lifters “doing their job” in the in lane.

#1437 2 years ago

I just wanted to mention that while my gf and I were enjoying a patio dinner at a nice place in Toronto this week that a family passed by and there was a boy no older than 7 rocking an Ultraman Niga tshirt.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Wondering if the call outs (besides the lights seen in videos) reveal the lifters “doing their job” in the in lane.

Quoted from jurulz:

First videos (not mine)

About the 21-23 sec on the second video.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

First videos (not mine)

A actually like the look of those strip lights - theyre being used as an interactive lighting feature, not for GI.

From about the 40 Sec mark….
13ABB497-C1CD-4772-B8C0-16C7578711B3 (resized).jpeg13ABB497-C1CD-4772-B8C0-16C7578711B3 (resized).jpeg

#1440 2 years ago

Game looks awesome BTW.

#1441 2 years ago

Early prediction is that the ball times on this game are going to be waaaay longer than R&M!

Nice to see a fresh layout.

#1442 2 years ago

Looking like another home run for spooky. Credit to the new designer on the block and the team around you.

Looking forward getting mine.

#1443 2 years ago

The game looks great. Does the game at the show have the butter cabinet? Thoughts? I was not going to do butter but I think I have seen a few pics where the cabinet looks fantastic and seeing them is changing my mind.

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

The game looks great. Does the game at the show have the butter cabinet? Thoughts? I was not going to do butter but I think I have seen a few pics where the cabinet looks fantastic and seeing them is changing my mind.

I did ask this and they said that was not the butter cabinet at the show.

#1445 2 years ago

I noticed one comment about the flippers feeling weak. Did anyone else that played it feel this way?

To me, that was one concern I was hoping Spooky would improve for their next titles.

How about shots, did they feel closer to smooth or clunky?

Thanks everyone for sharing videos and opinions!

#1446 2 years ago

Typically they will turn down coil strengths when they know the game will be played all day long. I know for a fact JJP does this with new games at shows. When I first played Wonka at Pintastic the flipper bats had the strength of a sad fart. So...Don’t worry about my dude.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I noticed one comment about the flippers feeling weak. Did anyone else that played it feel this way?
To me, that was one concern I was hoping Spooky would improve for their next titles.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Judging from the ball speed from the flippers I thought they appeared to be strong. And the game looked like it had a steep pitch to it based on how fast ball was returning

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Judging from the sll speed from the flippers I thought they appeared to be strong. And the gsme looked like it had a steep pitch to it based on how fast ball was returning

Thats what i thought. If people think those are weak, then i think we will be ok.

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Typically they will turn down coil strengths when they know the game will be played all day long. I know for a fact JJP does this with new games at shows. When I first played Wonka at Pintastic the flipper bats had the strength of a sad fart. So...Don’t worry about my dude.

If all it takes to improve most weak flipper problems is some cheap fans why don't the manufacturers just make it part of the game? Obviously it raises the BOM a tiny bit but considering how important flippers are to the game and the bad social media coverage shitty weak flippers will get your company... Why don't they just cool their flips properly? Or improve them so they don't need fans at all?

I know I'm shouting at clouds here. They won't change shit... Well if any company would it might be Spooky though!

#1450 2 years ago

Because they are unnecessary. Of all the 30-40 pins I’ve owned I’ve never had to install fans. Wanna know why? I don’t flip high voltage blasts the entire game ( if you trap and hold with low volt and don’t flip Willy nilly when you don’t have to, the coils don’t get screaming hot and lose power) and also I don’t play one game for 18 hours straight like they do at shows...hence the reason for reducing coil power.

Quoted from FlippyD:

If all it takes to improve most weak flipper problems is some cheap fans why don't the manufacturers just make it part of the game? Obviously it raises the BOM a tiny bit but considering how important flippers are to the game and the bad social media coverage shitty weak flippers will get your company... Why don't they just cool their flips properly? Or improve them so they don't need fans at all?
I know I'm shouting at clouds here. They won't change shit... Well if any company would it might be Spooky though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/29?hl=kevster219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.