IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 55.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Hey guys,
Been offered a low number (<20) by distro for my UMCE. As this is my first Spooky, would you accept or wait to see if any issues?
Thoughts appreciated…

Kinda depends on your tolerance and willingness to be a beta tester.

I'm 123, and frankly, that's sooner than I want based on personal experience. I've been near the front of the line both with Spooky and with another small manufacturer, and both were serious headaches. As was the case for a ton of early R&M owners.

Not saying you should give it up per se, but expect to be part of the group helping troubleshoot early issues. This may be for you, but I personally hate being part of the "test" group. I find it hard enough finding time to play, much less fix ongoing issues that crop up in my collection. I personally don't have time to be fixing early build issues. It typically just leads to my game being down/playing poorly for more time than it should, until I get time to resolve things. YMMV

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Hey guys,
Been offered a low number (<20) by distro for my UMCE. As this is my first Spooky, would you accept or wait to see if any issues?
Thoughts appreciated…

I’d go for it. If anything is “wrong” with it or if any parts get updated down the line - Spooky will hook you up and send you stuff. As long as you don’t mind that sort of possibility, it might be fun to get it super early!

#1103 2 years ago

Nitro just began dropping numbers for orders on the JCH hype thread.

#1104 2 years ago

Ultraman SSSP Communicator pin came in today!

IMG_3040 (resized).jpgIMG_3040 (resized).jpg
#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Nitro just began dropping numbers for orders on the JCH hype thread.

I preemptively started a list for Ultraman numbers when they start rolling out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-owners-machine-numbers-list-1#post-6401985

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Ultraman SSSP Communicator pin came in today![quoted image]

what is the size of that pin?

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’d go for it. If anything is “wrong” with it or if any parts get updated down the line - Spooky will hook you up and send you stuff. As long as you don’t mind that sort of possibility, it might be fun to get it super early!

Thanks all for the feedback and PM’ed swap offers! I have decided to take the game and distro has just confirmed I have #18!

#1108 2 years ago

has PinballSTAR started to release numbers?

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Kinda depends on your tolerance and willingness to be a beta tester.
I'm 123, and frankly, that's sooner than I want based on personal experience. I've been near the front of the line both with Spooky and with another small manufacturer, and both were serious headaches. As was the case for a ton of early R&M owners.
Not saying you should give it up per se, but expect to be part of the group helping troubleshoot early issues. This may be for you, but I personally hate being part of the "test" group. I find it hard enough finding time to play, much less fix ongoing issues that crop up in my collection. I personally don't have time to be fixing early build issues. It typically just leads to my game being down/playing poorly for more time than it should, until I get time to resolve things. YMMV

Quoted from Jokerman:

Thanks all for the feedback and PM’ed swap offers! I have decided to take the game and distro has just confirmed I have #18!

Could you guys post which models you have ordered?
I dont want to make assumptions. Thanks.

#1110 2 years ago

I'm actually hoping for an upper-middle build number, as I've got a JP coming in a couple weeks, and hopefully a Fathom in a few months. And so I'd like to space out my buys if possible.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm actually hoping for an upper-middle build number, as I've got a JP coming in a couple weeks, and hopefully a Fathom in a few months. And so I'd like to space out my buys if possible.

Love Fathom. It was one of my grails for a long time.

#1112 2 years ago

If someone wants to move back in line because they want the kinks worked out or want to space out their payments then I would trade my spot to move up in line (I am not sure of my number yet).

#1113 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

If someone wants to move back in line because they want the kinks worked out or want to space out their payments then I would trade my spot to move up in line (I am not sure of my number yet).

I was just going to post something like that. I suspect there will be no shortage of volunteers willing to move up in the line.

#1114 2 years ago

So if Jokerman has 18 would we assume it would be the 54th pin built assuming the 2 halloweens 1 Ultraman formula? So if you have Ultraman 100 it will be the 300th pin built?

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:has PinballSTAR started to release numbers?

I havent seen an email.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Could you guys post which models you have ordered?
I dont want to make assumptions. Thanks.

Sure. CE.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

So if Jokerman has 18 would we assume it would be the 54th pin built assuming the 2 halloweens 1 Ultraman formula? So if you have Ultraman 100 it will be the 300th pin built?

That hurt my head at first but yes, your logic is sound. Could be around there.

#1118 2 years ago

Folks on the JCH thread are starting to see emails from Spooky! Yay!

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Folks on the JCH thread are starting to see emails from Spooky! Yay!

#68 from spooky direct for JCHCE... waiting on pinball star for our Ultraman CE #.

#1120 2 years ago

The waiting is making me sick, heh. It's looking like over 1300 of the 1750 games are CE?!

Really wondering if they're holding hard to that "all CE before BSE" thing, or if Ultraman BSE will get built immediately following the end of the CE's. That could be a *really* substantial difference in wait time.

#1121 2 years ago

UM CE 121 from KingPin Games.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Really wondering if they're holding hard to that "all CE before BSE" thing, or if Ultraman BSE will get built immediately following the end of the CE's. That could be a *really* substantial difference in wait time.

It's what they said would happen and is part of the reason many paid the extra 1k for a CE, doubt they are arbitrarily going to start making BSE's before the CE's are done.

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The waiting is making me sick, heh. It's looking like over 1300 of the 1750 games are CE?!

JCHWBSE #1087 was listed in the other thread. So at least 1086 are CE as of right now.

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Someone just posted JCH BSE 1087 in another thread, so not quite 1300 CEs

Would certainly be nice if they started on UKR BSE right after the CE run is complete. Doesn't seem to be how they are going to do it, based on Rob's info.

#1125 2 years ago

Be advised, the # corresponds to the serial number of the machine. Spooky reserves the right to build machines in any order they like. For the most part, it will stay pretty darn close to matching the CE -> BSE -> SE order. However if they need to build a SE before a CE to fill out a container of course they will.

#1126 2 years ago

Think of it as "parlay"

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's what they said would happen and is part of the reason many paid the extra 1k for a CE, doubt they are arbitrarily going to start making BSE's before the CE's are done.

Yeah. It's just odd the way things were phrased. Like you can't "make 1 UM for every 2 Halloween" UNLESS they're going to start making the BSE earlier. Sure, you eventually end up close to that ratio in the end, but why point that out? We can all do basic math.

I dunno. I see both sides here despite feeling strongly it should be one way.....but also... in what other scenario does a company announce two games and you end up waiting for a different game to be made. (This is a RHETORICAL statement....I don't need any of you guys to baby-step me through their logic. Jesus.)

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Someone just posted JCH BSE 1087 in another thread, so not quite 1300 CEs

Halloween + Ultraman CE's....

Quoted from Morinack:

Spooky reserves the right to build machines in any order they like.

Yes, but my understanding was they were sending out machine numbers AND build order position. Is that not the case? Seems like a lot of wasted effort to send one piece out without the other if they're actually going to release that information anyways. 1750 emails that have to be duplicated just to send a build order number would be a pretty ludicrous waste of effort.

I don't really care what the plaque on the game says the number is.......I have no special attachment to any number 1-500. But knowing my place in the build order is what I'm after, so I can figure out my money game. :p

#1128 2 years ago

Holy crap! Just got my # from Spooky.

Inv #: 11368
CE

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah. ... I have no special attachment to any number 1-500. But knowing my place in the build order is what I'm after, so I can figure out my money game. :p

You will find in the next few months folks will delay their build for any number of reasons. You may even find folks wanting to swap places that could improve your build position.

#1131 2 years ago

So 20 - 40 per week (let's say 30) at a 2 : 1 ratio (H:U) , once build starts I could see my pin in 6 weeks. CRAZY!

#1132 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210723-153715_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210723-153715_Gmail (resized).jpg
#1133 2 years ago

OMG You must clicked real close to when I did... I'm right behind ya.

#1134 2 years ago

Got reeeeally quiet in here. Must be lots of Inbox refreshing going on

#1135 2 years ago

#51........................whoa.............

cut and paste from the email...................2. The remaining spots purchased from our website are layered in starting at #51!

My internet connection must have been channeling through Ultraman himself that fateful morning

#1136 2 years ago

Looks like im going to have a busy weekend with tye numbers.
Thanks Spooky. You guys rock!

#1137 2 years ago

I'm number 16! Ultraman CE won through project pinball raffle.

#1138 2 years ago

Number 77 in the house UMCE.

#1139 2 years ago

Refresh refresh refresh….

Oh look, there it is:

Ultraman CE # 158

#1140 2 years ago

UMCE #87 … checking in.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I'm number 16! Ultraman CE won through project pinball raffle.

Wow....you got your number already and paying people haven't yet........and it's a super early number to boot?

They should've made those raffle tickets 180 bucks instead of 90 and told people up front it was going to be early production...they could've doubled their money easy just from people wanting to get in early.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow....you got your number already and paying people haven't yet........and it's a super early number to boot?
They should've made those raffle tickets 180 bucks instead of 90 and told people up front it was going to be early production...they could've doubled their money easy just from people wanting to get in early.

I always assumed the games earmarked for Project Pinball would be part of the friends and family batch.

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I always assumed the games earmarked for Project Pinball would be part of the friends and family batch.

Yeah some people would rather be bitter than happy for the winner. I say congrats and would smack an extra upvote for the winner if I could. Thats awesome paulbaptiste

#1144 2 years ago

Invoice #11406 - Ultraman CE #70

This is a much lower number than I was expecting considering it took me over 30 minutes to get my order in.

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah some people would rather be bitter than happy for the winner. I say congrats and would smack an extra upvote for the winner if I could. Thats awesome paulbaptise

Hey man! Sometimes sour grapes make great whine....

(I'll let myself out)

#1146 2 years ago

Any word on Pinballstar #s yet?

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Any word on Pinballstar #s yet?

Yeah this was posted a few hours ago.
Sounds like he is working hard on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/16#post-6402386

#1148 2 years ago

I’ll be curious what the standard editions numbers are for both? It doesn’t sound like many bought standards

#1149 2 years ago

Ultraman CE 75 for me. Ordered direct.

#1150 2 years ago

Just got my (Ultraman CE) number:

163!

From my math that makes it (roughly) the 327th machine built (if it is 2 Halloween per 1 Ultraman), so with the estimate of 20-40 machines built, and guessing they will start August 2nd, i figure that puts me at somewhere between Sept 28th through November 24th!

I was almost hoping it would stretch into 2022, so I can save up a little more, but I guess I'll just put it on my card and worry about all that later!

Is everyone going to get the backbox signed? Does anyone know if that would be on the translight, or elsewhere?

Damn, I am excited to play this thing! Got some Ultra Q blu-rays (the show that introduced Ultraman) to watch while waiting.

Next I want to find that Marvel comic cover that shares the art.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/23?hl=oliviarium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.