IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 55.
#702 2 years ago

That’s a pretty cool game room piece.

#703 2 years ago

Alex Ross also did the wicked witch. I have the witch next to my WOZ.
Now I'll have Ultraman.

Uman (resized).JPGUman (resized).JPGWickedW (resized).JPGWickedW (resized).JPG
#704 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Got a link?
I went to our biggest local place yesterday, they only had 2 copies of the normal cover. Sigh.

$3.59 plus shipping
https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2011966

#705 2 years ago

They're already down to 13 or less of the foil print one. It's cool, and I'm honestly tempted to buy one to resell, but yeesh....probably have better luck with my crypto, honestly.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They're already down to 13 or less of the foil print one. It's cool, and I'm honestly tempted to buy one to resell, but yeesh....probably have better luck with my crypto, honestly.

SOLD OUT!!

#707 2 years ago

I never get tired of watching this!

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How much was it ?

I don't know. It did show a price. Maybe Frax remembers.

#711 2 years ago

Super Sentai or in USA known as Power Rangers one day rolled up and ask to film/photo shoot their monsters/Kaiju in our courtyard driveway in Tokyo. There are four homes in our square where we all share an area with green all around and modern looking red brick driveway layout. These kaiju are a kin to Ultraman Kaiju whom set the stage, along with Godzilla for monster attire. Rather fun to be getting an Ultraman game to celebrate 55 years of Ultraman. I remember when it debuted in Japan, although very young at the time, lol.

These Kaiju/Monsters will come alive on my Spooky Ultraman butter cabinet! Sure hoping and think Charlie will go all out on the LCD display with captivating campy fun Ultraman sequences and lots of show material during game play.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

How much was it ?

Whalen’s 20x30" print is available for $50 as a timed edition run, meaning you don’t have to worry about it going out of stock if you order between the start of sale—Ultraman Day itself, July 10, at 2 p.m. Central—before the edition closes on July 13 at 10 p.m. Central. But if you want it even fancier, there’s also a limited 66 print that’s embossed on silver foil that will cost $100.

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

Whalen’s 20x30" print is available for $50 as a timed edition run, meaning you don’t have to worry about it going out of stock if you order between the start of sale—Ultraman Day itself, July 10, at 2 p.m. Central—before the edition closes on July 13 at 10 p.m. Central. But if you want it even fancier, there’s also a limited 66 print that’s embossed on silver foil that will cost $100.

I think the limited edition one is sold out. I might pick up the open edition since it looks cool but I really dont have the wall space for any more pictures. Maybe rotate some out....

#714 2 years ago

Just wondering who is in or out for the butter cabinet. It is one of those extras that I lean a little to not purchasing but I have never seen it before. What are the thoughts from people who have seen a game side by side with and without? This cabinet looks so nice I could be talked into it. I think I will set up a post with a poll.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Just wondering who is in or out for the butter cabinet. It is one of those extras that I lean a little to not purchasing but I have never seen it before. What are the thoughts from people who have seen a game side by side with and without? This cabinet looks so nice I could be talked into it. I think I will set up a post with a poll.

Butter if you keep pins in you collection. No butter if you do not.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Just wondering who is in or out for the butter cabinet.

I imagine (like mine) most of these will be going in a lineup and won’t see the sides anyway.

#717 2 years ago

I have better cabs on my three (soon to be four) Spooky machines. They’re a sight to behold. But if your games or jammed together it’s probably a waste of $1K to not be able to see and enjoy the phenomenal finish.

#718 2 years ago

Margarine finish is just fine. Margarine - colored oleo was illegal at one time in Wisconsin.

Butter is Good and you can see the attraction.

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Butter if you keep pins in you collection. No butter if you do not.

Sensible advice, but I would argue that "butter" is a rare and currently unrecognized feature that makes the game very "LE". I know I "paid up" to get my R&M with butter and believe this will be true for other buyers as well. In other words, for 1k, I think it's a sound investment for games that might not stay forever in your collection.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sensible advice, but I would argue that "butter" is a rare and currently unrecognized feature that makes the game very "LE". I know I "paid up" to get my R&M with butter and believe this will be true for other buyers as well. In other words, for 1k, I think it's a sound investment for games that might not stay forever in your collection.

I haven't seen it in person but I've looked at a lot of photos and it does look like a pretty good/worthy upgrade for the $$ but like others have said, in a collection lineup you'll probably never see it though.

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I don't know. It did show a price. Maybe Frax remembers.

100 bucks.

#722 2 years ago

Picked up the last and only copy at my local comic book store

$2.50

16260207531021330965597615737872 (resized).jpg16260207531021330965597615737872 (resized).jpg
#723 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One could easily argue the exact opposite. I.e, if you sell your Ultraman on the used market, you are limiting the number of potential buyers, because there will be fewer people wanting to pay the premium for that butter cabinet.

In your particular situation, though, I would go for the butter cabinet (assuming that you can put this where you currently have your R&M, where you can see the cabinet, or similar spot). The artwork on this pin is just as good as R&M imo.

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Just wondering who is in or out for the butter cabinet. ...

No butter on my CE. Just don't see the sides of most of my games enough to make this worthwhile to me.

#725 2 years ago

It's already marginal cost-wise on the CE, no way I was adding another $1K for glossy sides. I just wanted the topper, otherwise I'd have gone standard.

#726 2 years ago

Got in for a BSE Ultraman because I loved the artwork and really love the playfield look but was reluctant to bring the Halloween theme into my home just yet. I have three young daughters and it was just a little too “spooky” for them.

Now after watching the first season of Ultraman on Netflix I’m starting to think the theme will work really well. I know the game is based on the original campy series from the 60’s and I do plan to go back and watch it as well but for convenience I thought I may as well start with Netflix.

Can’t wait to see some gameplay and the audio and video assets!

Thanks for introducing me to the series spooky!

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No butter on my CE. Just don't see the sides of most of my games enough to make this worthwhile to me.

Good thinking. Save buying butter for your toast.

#728 2 years ago

Kinda glad I can’t fit a topper. Made decision easier. Do envy people they have the space through.

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Butter also depends on your $$$ if you want to splurge then go for it.. I have Butter on Woz R&M and Nightmare castle. I do not need it anymore.

To each there own on the Butter debate..

#730 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One could easily argue the exact opposite. I.e, if you sell your Ultraman on the used market, you are limiting the number of potential buyers, because there will be fewer people wanting to pay the premium for that butter cabinet.
In your particular situation, though, I would go for the butter cabinet (assuming that you can put this where you currently have your R&M, where you can see the cabinet, or similar spot). The artwork on this pin is just as good as R&M imo.

I guess you could argue whatever you'd like, but more buyers doesn't translate into better resale. Look at the LE/CE market...it's exploded. Sure, there are fewer LE/CE buyers, but the buyers chasing the LE/CE games have deep pockets and want the rare, most beautiful examples of these games. That was my point.

Most games are in a lineup, yet sellers get hammered for "players condition" cabinets with imperfections. Most people that desire HUO games in "mint" condition care about quality, and butter is the highest quality cabinet in the entire pinball industry.

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I guess you could argue whatever you'd like, but more buyers doesn't translate into better resale. Look at the LE/CE market...it's exploded. Sure, there are fewer LE/CE buyers, but the buyers chasing the LE/CE games have deep pockets and want the rare, most beautiful examples of these games. That was my point.
Most games are in a lineup, yet sellers get hammered for "players condition" cabinets with imperfections. Most people that desire HUO games in "mint" condition care about quality, and butter is the highest quality cabinet in the entire pinball industry.

Agree that high quality buyers on the resale market will want and pay premium for butter cabinet. It has little to do with not being able to see sides in a line up. Butter cab makes it very special and highly collectible, especially with artwork like Ultraman. Imo, Spooky’s best to date.

#732 2 years ago

As with TNA, it would be nice to have some sweet looking decals for the frosted rollover drop targets.

20210223_202219 (resized).jpg20210223_202219 (resized).jpg
#733 2 years ago

Also, hoping Spooky will consider a different rubber color for CE version. I prefer clear over black. Purple could possibly work.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Also, hoping Spooky will consider a different rubber color for CE version. I prefer clear over black. Purple could possible work.

Good idea, please spooky make it so. Clear would match the space theme well.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Got ya, that makes sense.

#736 2 years ago

Ah man, I need to pay closer attention to this thread, I would have loved the foil cover one.

By the way, speaking of Sold Out, I know Ultraman is sold through (ie Spooky sold out) but did the distributors ever sell out?

I’m still debating going for the butter cabinet…I’ve not done that with any of my prior Spooky games. How durable is the butter? More or less likely to scratch? I take great care of my games and all, but I’m planning to put Ultraman in a very prominent place in my house that has kids running around and what not…

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah man, I need to pay closer attention to this thread, I would have loved the foil cover one.
By the way, speaking of Sold Out, I know Ultraman is sold through (ie Spooky sold out) but did the distributors ever sell out?
I’m still debating going for the butter cabinet…I’ve not done that with any of my prior Spooky games. How durable is the butter? More or less likely to scratch? I take great care of my games and all, but I’m planning to put Ultraman in a very prominent place in my house that has kids running around and what not…

Automotive clear coat. How well does a cars paint job hold up if it’s not driven?

#738 2 years ago

I really hope it’s got a good soundtrack- love that surf-rock intro on the spooky vid.. hope there’s a lot more like that.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think there are still some left with the distributors. I can still add it to my basket on PinballSTAR's link.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

These are two completely different arguments. I wouldn't buy a new game with a jacked up cabinet, but I also wouldn't pay the premium for a butter cabinet. Cabinet condition is a completely different consideration from a frivolously glossy upgrade. Butter looks great, but in a lineup, I literally wouldn't pay an extra $100 for it.

What I've heard from others is that they have NOT gotten their $1000 back out of butter games when they've sold. I would 100% not buy butter as an investment. Only do it if YOU want it for YOU, and recognize you'll probably take a hit if you sell it, as compared to the "profit" you would make from selling a non-butter version.

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

These are two completely different arguments. I wouldn't buy a new game with a jacked up cabinet, but I also wouldn't pay the premium for a butter cabinet. Cabinet condition is a completely different consideration from a frivolously glossy upgrade. Butter looks great, but in a lineup, I literally wouldn't pay an extra $100 for it.
What I've heard from others is that they have NOT gotten their $1000 back out of butter games when they've sold. I would 100% not buy butter as an investment. Only do it if YOU want it for YOU, and recognize you'll probably take a hit if you sell it, as compared to the "profit" you would make from selling a non-butter version.

I agree with this 100

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How durable is the butter? More or less likely to scratch?

I thought the ACNC artwork was worth the butter. After two years, I haven't noticed the first scratch and have moved the game once or twice. It seems quite durable, but I always get nervous sliding in between games that a jeans rivet or something will scrape it. As others have noted, it "feels" thick and smooth - really is a finish that needs to be seen/touched to be appreciated. Opted for regular decals on R&M as it was hard to justify the increase.

#743 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy

- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
- Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
- The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
- Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
- The Launch
- When We Will See These Titles Played
- Design-By-Committee
- Spooky Pinball Moments
- Ultra Who?
- TOPPERS!
- Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
- Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
- Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
- Pinball Market Trends
- TPN Last Week
- TPN This Week

*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#744 2 years ago

I picked up Ultraman's ship over the weekend. Lots of glue and water decals later I've got a ship for my BSE playfield when it shows up.

20210712_114940.jpg20210712_114940.jpg
20210712_114822.jpg20210712_114822.jpg
20210712_114803.jpg20210712_114803.jpg

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I picked up Ultraman's ship over the weekend. Lots of glue and water decals later I've got a ship for my BSE playfield when it shows up.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How did you do it?

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice work. BSE was my choice, as well. I grabbed the same one off Amazon. It's been delivered but I was busy helping move into a new place this weekend. Will be busting it out tonight.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How did you do it?

Just ordered the Bandai kit from the local hobby shop. They have a BUNCH of really cool sculpts for Ultraman. You can get his car, most of the monsters and figures of the various versions of UM himself. Since the UM topper didn't "stab" like the HWN one, plus the MUCH nicer powder coat on the BSE convinced me to go that route. I am also big on making my OWN toppers, like a diarama or something, for my games. I am working on one for my Goldeneye with a bunch of models I bought, made one for my Meteor with a bunch of ICBM models and fire LEDs. Have an idea for Breakshot but still need some ideas for Xenon besides just going with the hologram topper.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How did you do it?

I'm going to bet that the process was similar to this

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm going to bet that the process was similar to this

Yes, you need a few items to put it together. You need nice long tweezers to deal with the decals, model glue to keep the pieces together and some very fine grit sandpaper to remove excess plastic tabs etc. I didn't do the decals on the bottom since you won't see the bottom. For this kit I did not need paint, but I have a huge supply from past projects. Models are fun for those of us that like small finicky details, for the rest of you there are "die cast" versions available that have no assembly required.

Here is a link to the kit on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JT76TC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!
Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy
- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
- Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
- The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
- Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
- The Launch
- When We Will See These Titles Played
- Design-By-Committee
- Spooky Pinball Moments
- Ultra Who?
- TOPPERS!
- Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
- Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
- Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
- Pinball Market Trends
- TPN Last Week
- TPN This Week
*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***
email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8
[quoted image]

Good interview. The biggest revelation for me: Ultraman was the original theme - Halloween was the retheme. I always assumed it was the other way around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/15?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.