IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 55.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

BSE gets a topper?

No, just a brain fart on their part.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No, just a brain fart on their part.

^^ Ditto, just the CE models

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

All 3 are same - Baltan. Each shot locks a ball when Baltan appears.
[quoted image]

Baltan needs red lasers in his claws.

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That's probably something you could request when the contact you as your game is about to go on the line.

fwiw they wouldn't send me the R&M topper unattached when I asked. Not a big deal though as removing it was simple.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

fwiw they wouldn't send me the R&M topper unattached when I asked. Not a big deal though as removing it was simple.

I can see that from their side. With it attached, they know it is stable and will arrive intact.

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Baltan needs red lasers in his claws.

Future mod?

I hope Greg (@Medisinyl) is interested in creating some for Ultraman - his ACNC mods are fantastic!

#657 2 years ago

Future mod?
I hope Greg (Medisinyl) is interested in creating some for Ultraman - his ACNC mods are fantastic!

Agreed. I bought his ACNC mods and they are beautiful.

#658 2 years ago

Future mod?
I hope Greg (Medisinyl) is interested in creating some for Ultraman - his ACNC mods are fantastic!

Agreed, it would be fun to see if he could do a dress kit for the bare wood to the side of the left ramp as well.

#659 2 years ago

Did any Ultraman fans also watch Spectreman? My brother and I used to watch that also via video tape rentals as kids in the 80's. Show started in the 70's. That show hasn't had the treatment Ultraman has. No official DVD or Bluray releases for Spectreman.

Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in decades. UltraMan, Johnny Soko flying robot and Spectreman. Watched them all.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

SpookyCharlie or SpookyLuke or SpookyBug
can you confirm that the toppers with the BSEs and CEs will come un-attached to the games this time around with the option for those of us with low ceiling to not have to disassemble and remove them?

For R&M the toppers shipped already installed.
I suspect they will be shipped the same unless you special request when build time comes.
Spooky is really good about build to order changes. They even worked with having PFs Kuzman clear coated prior to build in some cases.

#661 2 years ago

I can see that from their side. With it attached, they know it is stable and will arrive intact.

not really. mine for my R&M arrived broken (in 2 spots) and the shipping box looked fine.

#662 2 years ago

I got in on a CE. My understanding is they will make as many CEs as customers order until they reach a total of 500 on all 3 models.

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

For R&M the toppers shipped already installed.
I suspect they will be shipped the same unless you special request when build time comes.
Spooky is really good about build to order changes. They even worked with having PFs Kuzman clear coated prior to build in some cases.

I think Spooky is trying to get away from À la cart manufacturing; that’s why they went to the STD/BSE/CE model. Removing and separately packing the topper would be at PITA for Spooky; taking away from time and resources for cranking out other games for the rest of us pinheads.

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I got in on a CE. My understanding is they will make as many CEs as customers order until they reach a total of 500 on all 3 models.

They are making a total of only 500 ultraman games. Within the total 500, the amount can be distributed amongst the 3 types. For example:

300 CEs +
150 BSEs +
50 standards +
——————
500 machines

It can be any mixture of the types, but there will only be 500 ultramans total in existence.

Apologies if this is the same as what you are saying, just trying to clarify.

#665 2 years ago

I'm just curious. For those that purchased Ultraman, are you more into the classic tv show style or comic style? I personally have zero nostalgia for the classic tv show, so I much prefer the assets from comics. I think it's going to be a mix either way, so just wondering what others are more interested in seeing.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm just curious. For those that purchased Ultraman, are you more into the classic tv show style or comic style? I personally have zero nostalgia for the classic tv show, so I much prefer the assets from comics. I assume there must be several of you out there that grew up with the tv show, who would be disappointed to not see that depicted. Would you be interested in an alternative tv style backglass? I don't think there is a bad choice, just a lot of options.
[quoted image]

I watched the show quite a bit when I was a kid. The show debuted before I was born but reruns were shown on a lot of UHF channels back in the early 80s in quite a few metro areas. I like that they are using old show footage for the display but I would not like photo-real artwork. The comic style really looks awesome!

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm just curious. For those that purchased Ultraman, are you more into the classic tv show style or comic style? ...

Never watched the show, but personally speaking, give me that campy 1966 rubber costumes action and badass (emphasis on bad) special effects!

AND since they're located in Wisconsin ... Spooky is perfectly suited to deliver MAXIMUM CHEESINESS with this game! (Word on the street is that the Japanese translation for "Ya hey dere!" may even show up in the game.)

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm just curious. For those that purchased Ultraman, are you more into the classic tv show style or comic style? I personally have zero nostalgia for the classic tv show, so I much prefer the assets from comics. I think it's going to be a mix, so I'm more just wondering what others are most interested in seeing.
[quoted image]

I watched the show growing up. The show was never really a huge favorite of mine but the game looks great. Big fan of Spooky and I hope gameplay is 華々しい

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in decades. UltraMan, Johnny Soko flying robot and Spectreman. Watched them all.

Electra woman and dyna girl.

1576F046-604B-43E1-90D9-EDC1DCEB401B (resized).jpeg1576F046-604B-43E1-90D9-EDC1DCEB401B (resized).jpeg
#670 2 years ago

I thought it might look cool to have "Kaiju Rumble" in Japanese text. According to google translate that's 怪獣ランブル, but I'm not sure I fully trust google.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm just curious. For those that purchased Ultraman, are you more into the classic tv show style or comic style? I personally have zero nostalgia for the classic tv show, so I much prefer the assets from comics. I think it's going to be a mix either way, so just wondering what others are more interested in seeing.
[quoted image]

Part of the problem is there are better John Carpenter movies, in my very humble opinion. The Thing, They Live, Escape from..., Big Trouble in Little China...people seem interested in the machine (three playfield's, seven ball locks etc) more than theme. At least in Although, it is neat to see where Power Rangers and such got inspration.

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

I was into Japanese culture long before pinball (always went to the one shelf anime section at Blockbuster as a kid to see what kind of naughty movies I could rent )

I never watched Ultraman, so I have no nostalgia for it. What I do love is the multicultural theme of this game, Spooky, Charlie's passion for it, and the fact that it does draw from the original series with the AMAZING use of miniatures, rear projection, and rubber suits that essentially boil down to bad WWE wrestling (essentially what I did as a kid with my friends on a mattress on the floor)

After a bit of back and forth, my wife was the one that actually kept pestering me to go in, and so we did. Now after watching the first ep with my kids, my little guy keeps asking for it, and keeps asking if the next ep will be in English so he can understand as he can quite read the subtitles yet. We are starting to make our way through the Netflix series now.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Part of the problem is there are better John Carpenter movies, in my very humble opinion. The Thing, They Live, Escape from..., Big Trouble in Little China...people seem interested in the machine (three playfield's, seven ball locks etc) more than theme. At least in Although, it is neat to see where Power Rangers and such got inspration.

I was excited about the layout when I saw the Halloween trailer.

I was excited to buy the game after I saw the Ultraman trailer.

I definitely would NOT be buying this game if it was just Halloween. Not because I don't appreciate the theme, it's just not something I'd spend 8k-11k on.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

always went to the one shelf anime section at Blockbuster as a kid to see what kind of naughty movies I could rent

*fist bump* Man, that was a pretty short window of very specific childhood to hit there.

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

... I definitely would NOT be buying this game if it was just Halloween. ...

+1

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

...people seem interested in the machine (three playfield's, seven ball locks etc) more than theme.

That's always been the case for me. I have little interest in Halloween, Ultraman, Metallica, or Iron Maiden, as themes, but the layouts are good enough that I want to own them anyway.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Electra woman and dyna girl.[quoted image]

Whoa.......! That is a blast from the past. Thx Azmodeus

#678 2 years ago

TV show -my friends all watched, and we recreated reaching for the beta capsule and transforming into Ultraman every day at recess. 30 years later I showed my son some episodes and he ran around the neighborhood doing the same move, but nobody knew what it was, lol. Fun stuff!

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I was excited about the layout when I saw the Halloween trailer.
I was excited to buy the game after I saw the Ultraman trailer.
I definitely would NOT be buying this game if it was just Halloween. Not because I don't appreciate the theme, it's just not something I'd spend 8k-11k on.

I can promise you that Spooky would have had one less sale (mine) if Halloween was the only theme released.

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Agreed. I bought his ACNC mods and they are beautiful.

Yep can’t wait for some mods. I was hopi f for someone to do a Godzilla mounted to the rear rail with the atomic blast hitting the rear building, that lights up at certain points or switches. Position so the plane/jet is facing it. Then this could also light up and or fire a laser at Godzilla.
Also a perspective ultraman on the shooter lane.
Amd maybe something with the car on the upper playfield.
These are available now but I would prefer something more interactive and lit up.

2ABC9BB3-1DC6-4781-9AB7-D5F8A5FDE06D (resized).jpeg2ABC9BB3-1DC6-4781-9AB7-D5F8A5FDE06D (resized).jpeg2E05DC35-F848-477E-95AF-ABFAD9DCCCDC (resized).jpeg2E05DC35-F848-477E-95AF-ABFAD9DCCCDC (resized).jpeg3699E801-4DEA-494C-B70D-0EF33B5EAA76 (resized).jpeg3699E801-4DEA-494C-B70D-0EF33B5EAA76 (resized).jpeg90F078B0-A6B2-4D35-B45F-E0AD6478D1E2 (resized).jpeg90F078B0-A6B2-4D35-B45F-E0AD6478D1E2 (resized).jpegBB832EC0-B5EF-4914-8C71-CA3086ABEB8D (resized).jpegBB832EC0-B5EF-4914-8C71-CA3086ABEB8D (resized).jpeg
#681 2 years ago

LIONMAN????

Woo from episode 30.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#682 2 years ago

Wrong show ... Doh!

Abominable (resized).jpgAbominable (resized).jpg

#683 2 years ago

Spooky has knocked this one out of the park and we are delighted to buy a CE! The machine looks to have amazing artwork, gameplay and Ultraman toys. My family and I are big time into this theme, as we have lived many years in Japan and all speak fluent Japanese as well. So excited about call outs and such in Japanese too! Not far from our Tokyo home is this statue.

156A48A4-0A18-4C98-9429-FD8DAEF4D83C (resized).jpeg156A48A4-0A18-4C98-9429-FD8DAEF4D83C (resized).jpeg

#684 2 years ago

During the early 70's my Step father was temporary stationed in Okinawa. It was during the middle of the school year so we stayed home. I remember my mother went out to visit. She brought back a Ultraman action figure that was about 2 feet tall and an Ultraman costume. Basically just a cheap Halloween costume with those plastic masks that you could barley breath or see out of. I was the only kid in the neighborhood running around in an Ultrman costume on the weekends. I do remember the Ultraman doll had some kind of weird tinted green almost see through area on its head. I was glad to get the doll but never liked the green area on it's head. Ended up painted it silver with model paint.
Just did search to see if I could find one like it and there is one on Ebay for $250. Not sure if it's the exact one but looks close from what I remember.

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#685 2 years ago

One wicked laugh.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

One wicked laugh.

This is the kind of stuff I can't wait to hear when I play this sucker!

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Tres:

Picked up a couple of variant edition comics from my local comic store. I went in not expecting them to have any. Check stores in your area before buying online.
[quoted image]

attempted to do this today. found one store that had the B variant cover but they wanted $25 for the issue. found it online for $3.59 so I purchased a few copies to justify the shipping costs

#688 2 years ago

Never heard of ultraman, so this is like a non-licensed Japanese camp pin to me. I couldn't ask for more!

I watched a couple YouTube vids of ultraman after my order, and it is going to likely be my favorite theme of all time, and I'm barely familiar with Japanese camp. I just know that I like it for pinball.

Halloween? I see enough glowing pumpkins in October... Movie isn't that great imho.

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Never heard of ultraman, so this is like a non-licensed Japanese camp pin to me. I couldn't ask for more!
I watched a couple YouTube vids of ultraman after my order, and it is going to likely be my favorite theme of all time, and I'm barely familiar with Japanese camp. I just know that I like it for pinball.
Halloween? I see enough glowing pumpkins in October... Movie isn't that great imho.

I agree on all counts. I mean I am not a huge horror fan anyway, but even if I was, I don't see the original Halloween as being a great theme for a pin since Michael Myers doesn't talk, so obviously no call outs from him.

By contrast, there is definitely some nostalgia involved when it comes to Ultraman, and the campiness is fantastic.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

attempted to do this today. found one store that had the B variant cover but they wanted $25 for the issue. found it online for $3.59 so I purchased a few copies to justify the shipping costs

Got a link?

I went to our biggest local place yesterday, they only had 2 copies of the normal cover. Sigh.

#691 2 years ago

For those who want to get up to speed on all things Ultraman. Today, Sat July 10'th, is the Ultraman Ultrathon. Tons of episodes streaming today online or via the Shout Factory streaming channel in celebration of its 55'th anniversary.

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those who want to get up to speed on all things Ultraman. Today, Sat July 10'th, is the Ultraman Ultrathon. Tons of episodes streaming today online or via the Shout Factory streaming channel in celebration of its 55'th anniversary.

You should do the OLED displays on the apron for Ultraman. You could cycle through Ultraman kaiju kills. I love the ones you did for EHOH and plan on getting two for it when she arrives.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

You should do the OLED displays on the apron for Ultraman. You could cycle through Ultraman kaiju kills. I love the ones you did for EHOH and plan on getting two for it when she arrives.

Trailers on Elivra are from public domain films. Unfortunately stuff from Ultraman is not so there would be copyright issues.

#694 2 years ago

I looked around online and didn't have a lot of luck until I realized you need to look for "The Trials of Ultraman #4: Mystery Variant". Sometimes they show the BG image on the ads but more often than not it just says "mystery variant" and doesn't have an image. I was able to snag a copy on Ebay for $9 including shipping.

I think the comic book people have gotten wind of us looking for this issue, there aren't a lot left at face value. Here is one I could find: ebay.com link: itm

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Trailers on Elivra are from public domain films. Unfortunately stuff from Ultraman is not so there would be copyright issues.

If we purchased the content on our own, could you make video cuts from that, or proof the customer purchased content?

#696 2 years ago

What if the game just displayed random Ultraman episodes as an attract?

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Too cool! Thanks for posting that.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What if the game just displayed random Ultraman episodes as an attract?

Like how GNR let's your play music videos and songs in attract? That would be amazing, I've been really enjoying the old Ultraman episodes lately.

#699 2 years ago

Just bought one from this link. More then 10 available. Also screwed up and hit buy it now by accident for another one. Oh, well.

ebay.com link: itm

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just bought one from this link. More then 10 available. Also screwed up and hit buy it now by accident for another one. Oh, well.
ebay.com link: itm

Same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.