IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 55.
#601 2 years ago

I wonder if the DMD is video based or more cartoon based?

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

20 bucks a week!

At BSE level, taking away the 1500 deposit, it'll take 6.25 years to pay off.

image-asset (resized).jpegimage-asset (resized).jpeg
#603 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:20 bucks a week!

Good to know. Thank you

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:First time dealing with a distributor (pinball star). Can I send them payments along the way instead of getting hit all at once? Thanks.

Why not just throw that money in an account and earn the paltry interest to pay off some of the shipping/tax, etc.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why not just throw that money in an account and earn the paltry interest to pay off some of the shipping/tax, etc.

Probably the smart way but I don’t trust myself not to spend it

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Looks like word got out on the Project Pinball raffle.
Site just crashed.

Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but RallyUp is working on it and we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet two days in a row!

#607 2 years ago

Picked up a couple of variant edition comics from my local comic store. I went in not expecting them to have any. Check stores in your area before buying online.

B5BBE599-51C2-4864-9D78-C0FE844E1FAE (resized).jpegB5BBE599-51C2-4864-9D78-C0FE844E1FAE (resized).jpeg
#608 2 years ago
574B0DAE-725B-4F24-A8E5-4A88071A5C79 (resized).jpeg574B0DAE-725B-4F24-A8E5-4A88071A5C79 (resized).jpeg
#609 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but RallyUp is working on it and we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet two days in a row!

And for anyone interested, it is back online.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ce-halloween-ultraman-spookypinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details

#610 2 years ago

handsome fella

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

handsome fella

One “Heck” of a guy!

#612 2 years ago

Poor Ben Heck's inbox...brutalized by desperate pinsider thirsting for "I won't show anybody!" videos of Ultraman !

You guys have to realize he ain't gonna send you any video, right?

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Looks like word got out on the Project Pinball raffle.
Site just crashed.

Yeah, I just went a grabbed a few entries. Figured if I win, I can get a Halloween to go with my Ultraman.

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

This game doesn’t have a DMD.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I just went a grabbed a few entries. Figured if I win, I can get a Halloween to go with my Ultraman.

Just sold out.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This game doesn’t have a DMD.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3ee9764fd62f2fca9f6f7fe74d16bfca279eae11-1625775876-1800"};
//]]>

Yeah yeah you know what I mean .

LCD

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I have got a feeling it might be clips from the original show started bac in 1966, so video based.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I have got a feeling it might be clips from the original show started bac in 1966, so video based.

Does seem to have some cartoon based elements .. maybe both . I’d prefer the anime but I am sure the original will be campy and fun .

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does seem to have some cartoon based elements .. maybe both . I’d prefer the anime but I am sure the original will be campy and fun .

There will be a ton of video assets per the podcast, they had access to everything

#620 2 years ago

Thanks to all who responded today concerning build times there at Spooky.

Sounds like a could take a very long vacation before a machine shows up at my door. That probably won't happen though.....need to work to pay for machine.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

There will be a ton of video assets per the podcast, they had access to everything

Fn Sweet

#621 2 years ago

The more I see this cabinet, and playfield it’s seems more like the real winner in all honesty. Great package can’t wait to see all the assets for this campy pin. Can’t go wrong with seen a grown man in a Leotard fighting other men in monsters outfits brings back great memories as a kid watching this...

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

The more I see this cabinet, and playfield it’s seems more like the real winner in all honesty. Great package can’t wait to see all the assets for this campy pin. Can’t go wrong with seen a grown man in a Leotard fighting other men in monsters outfits brings back great memories as a kid watching this...

The artwork is fantastic.

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thanks for that pic! Is that from the teaser video? Hoping it is not the same color as RaM. Not a deal breaker but I like the blue better.

Yea, its from the teaser video.

#624 2 years ago

Anyone else choose Ultraman over Halloween due to little ones in the house? Curious.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone else choose Ultraman over Halloween due to little ones in the house? Curious.

Yes

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I did. I have a one-year old and three-year old and I figured the Halloween version would get me in significant trouble with my wife, haha. I’m in for the UM CE though.

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I did. I have a one-year old and three-year old and I figured the Halloween version would get me in significant trouble with my wife, haha. I’m in for the UM CE though.

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

No little ones in the house, but I chose Ultraman over Halloween because it’s too violent for me. I don’t want to be creeped out/tense while I’m playing pinball. It’s the same reason I sold my Alien. I like lighter funny spooky themes - EHoH, TAF, MB, ACNC, Scooby Doo!, etc

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Also many locations - especially in this cancel culture era.

I was originally critical of this move by Spooky, but have since turned 180 on it - it's a very clever move (and not just for kids/wives/cancel culture).

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was originally critical of this move by Spooky, but have since turned 180 on it - it's a very clever move (and not just for kids/wives/cancel culture).

Yea, same here. I originally felt Halloween was a terrible theme for pinball…but seeing as how it sold 1,250 copies in about four hours I can see I was clearly wrong. Actually, it’s pretty neat to have a horror theme like Halloween, very different from super Heros and rock bands…diversity is the spice of life, this theme is very welcome.

Glad I ordered Ultraman though.

#631 2 years ago

Without any gameplay videos, i have rewatched the teaser a few times now.
Now i obviously have no real idea how it shoot or how the code works but i am kind hoping that the pretzel loop flipper times out or something to that effect.
That shot looks infinitely repeatable with no threat of draining. I dont want to see people camping out up there, milking small amounts of points forever.

#632 2 years ago

Really hope some of those death blow clips make the game. Classic!

#633 2 years ago

Still have no clue what I just ordered! Did not know Ultraman existed until this was announced. Looks like fun though. Yes have little ones in the house. They will love this theme! Especially my son - he loves power rangers and this fits that theme well!

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hai!

#635 2 years ago

Color me wrong if I’m wrong... but I remember reading in two places as I was hitting the ordering buttons that hwn was going to be built first, I hope I’m wrong and I hope they stagger them like some of you have said.

I’m sure this can be clarified officially soon, sorry for the hubbub

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Color me wrong if I’m wrong... but I remember reading in two places as I was hitting the ordering buttons that hwn was going to be built first, I hope I’m wrong and I hope they stagger them like some of you have said.

They are being built concurrently according to Charlie.

#637 2 years ago

Are all those monsters that pop out from behind the buildings the same or each different?

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are all those monsters that pop out from behind the buildings the same or each different?

All 3 are same - Baltan. Each shot locks a ball when Baltan appears.

Alien_Baltan_movie_II (resized).pngAlien_Baltan_movie_II (resized).png

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m sure this can be clarified officially soon, sorry for the hubbub

You definitely heard wrong. Simultaneous/rotating builds

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yep. Hope so especially if your win a battle. Would be awesome. Can’t wait to see some game play and review.

#641 2 years ago

I missed out on the project pinball raffle for Ultraman. What a bummer! I thought this was the more interesting of the 2 pins.

I hope someone raffles another one online soon. If anyone hears of one, please tag or PM me.

#642 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

In part yes, but also because I watched Halloween two nights ago and found it very boring and completely devoid of content

#643 2 years ago

I have an 8 and 11 year old my wife was a no on the slashy slashy didn’t know much about UM but the more I se the more i like! Im in

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

This will be my outfit every day until I get my machine.
[quoted image]

so... you ordered a halloween BSE?

#645 2 years ago
4B2C0DEA-1B66-48B4-9974-77D845FC8CC7 (resized).png4B2C0DEA-1B66-48B4-9974-77D845FC8CC7 (resized).png
#646 2 years ago

I picked Ultraman because it was the lower volume one, so that helps resale, and also I prefer camp and sci-fi to horror.

I have zero nostalgia for either theme, I just hope it’s a good game. If not, shouldn’t be a hard sell, or at least I won’t lose much.

#647 2 years ago

Did any Ultraman fans also watch Spectreman? My brother and I used to watch that also via video tape rentals as kids in the 80's. Show started in the 70's. That show hasn't had the treatment Ultraman has. No official DVD or Bluray releases for Spectreman.

#648 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie or SpookyLuke or @spookybug
can you confirm that the toppers with the CEs will come un-attached to the games this time around with the option for those of us with low ceiling to not have to disassemble and remove them?

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

SpookyCharlie or SpookyLuke or SpookyBug
can you confirm that the toppers with the BSEs and CEs will come un-attached to the games this time around with the option for those of us with low ceiling to not have to disassemble and remove them?

That's probably something you could request when the contact you as your game is about to go on the line.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

SpookyCharlie or SpookyLuke or SpookyBug
can you confirm that the toppers with the BSEs and CEs will come un-attached to the games this time around with the option for those of us with low ceiling to not have to disassemble and remove them?

BSE gets a topper?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/13?hl=mrg50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.