IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 55.
#551 2 years ago

Butter cab will look incredible on Ultraman - the vibrant colours and clear cartoon like outlines are made for it. Especially on the CE.

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

My solution to this problem (both with R+M and now Ultraman) was to just get a standard. 1.5 years for code to mature, kinks to work out, and me to figure out money

That is a great plan and unfortunately will not work for us. We are already committed to GunnersLE and MandoLE and are still to figure out where they are going to go and where the money is going to come from! Lucky for us we live in Australia so we still have time. Sometimes I wish Spooky could have given us more time as R&M and Ultraman are titles we really love. I do understand for FOMO to work they have to announce and release at the same time. We may pick up a second hand one down the road.

Congrats on the game, I am sure you will love it.

#553 2 years ago

In with a bse, trying to upgrade to a CE

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

In with a bse, trying to upgrade to a CE

I am trying to upgrade to a BSE.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am trying to upgrade to a BSE.

I am trying to upgrade to a standard.

#556 2 years ago

Wow, can't believe the amount of money being thrown around on a pin that no one has flipped once.

#peakpinball

#557 2 years ago

In on a CE thanks to Pinballstar. Gave up on the website after 30 mins. My fiber connection didn't make any difference.

I really liked the blue armor on the CE, and I wanted the little extras. Plus, I had the bonus of not waiting so long.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Wow, can't believe the amount of money being thrown around on a pin that no one has flipped once.
#peakpinball

There is just way too much demand for both new and used games.

Spooky have a great reputation so why not?

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

n with a bse, trying to upgrade to a CE

From my understanding the Ultraman is capped at 500 games total but not capped at how many are made within that 500. So you can upgrade to a CE if you want. Here is the blurb from PinballSTAR...

Limited to a total number of 1,250 Halloween games and 500 Ultraman games BUT no set number of any edition of each game - order which one you want. If one model shows as 'sold out' just order a different model of the same game to get a spot and we can change the edition afterward. It is an imperfect science controlling inventory levels with Paypal. When we have no inventory left of one game then all models will show as 'sold out'. First come first served until sold out.

#560 2 years ago

Link to CONGRATS video

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

From my understanding the Ultraman is capped at 500 games total but not capped at how many are made within that 500. So you can upgrade to a CE if you want.

Limited to a total number of 1,250 Halloween games and 500 Ultraman games BUT no set number of any edition of each game - order which one you want.

Yes - this came directly from SpookyLuke as well.

#562 2 years ago

Looking forward to getting mine!!! Honing we see some game play of either one in the week or so

#563 2 years ago

Jack Danger had said he was going to do a game play vid on Halloween.. Hopefully both pins are played. No date or time.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

#peakpinball

Or seen game play of...yah.. this hobby is out of control.

Hats off to a bojtique company yhat is not stern tho..

#565 2 years ago

Just a general question to any of you who have bought a game directly from Spooky before..............or are familiar with their production.........

What kind of time frame do you think we could/would expect for delivery of Ultraman?

Considering a road trip late next month............it would suck to have a machine show up on my porch and just sit there all alone.

My gut tells me that their target would be to have most the CE Halloween in people's hands well, before Halloween if possible. Not sure where UM would fit in the calendar.........

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Just a general question to any of you who have bought a game directly from Spooky before..............or are familiar with their production.........
What kind of time frame do you think we could/would expect for delivery of Ultraman?
Considering a road trip late next month............it would suck to have a machine show up on my porch and just sit there all alone.
My gut tells me that their target would be to have most the CE Halloween in people's hands well, before Halloween if possible. Not sure where UM would fit in the calendar.........

It takes some time. I am sure we will get some production info and timeline from Spooky in the next week.

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:Just a general question to any of you who have bought a game directly from Spooky before..............or are familiar with their production.........

Is your road trip in 2022? If no you have nothing to worry about

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is your road trip in 2022? If no you have nothing to worry about

Or this..

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from Palepoli:

What's the chance of getting a height measurement on a CE with the topper? A little nervous it won't fit in the planned location.

Did you order a CE? If so and it doesn’t fit just sell the topper. You’ll make a killing on the topper!

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

#peakpinball

Are you new here?

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from dos_reboot:
#peakpinball
Are you new here?

Sometimes in the past with vendors there weren't even pictures......

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

I believe they officially said production will last 18 months, the first 50 or so games are for friends and family and production is usually much slower at the beginning of the run than by the end... it'll probably be ~3 months before any general UM orders are filled. And if there is somehow a schedule conflict, Spooky can delay your shipment til you're back home (they were able to delay my Rick and Morty a week as I was traveling for work)

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I believe they officially said production will last 18 months, the first 50 or so games are for friends and family and production is usually much slower at the beginning of the run than by the end... it'll probably be ~3 months before any general UM orders are filled. And if there is somehow a schedule conflict, Spooky can delay your shipment til you're back home (they were able to delay my Rick and Morty a week as I was traveling for work)

They are going to build 1250 Halloween pins before they start on ultraman, spooky has said this in a few different places, it’s going to be a while

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

They are going to build 1250 Halloween pins before they start on ultraman, spooky has said this in a few different places, it’s going to be a while

I have seen them state they will be building them concurrently, which contradicts this. Where did you hear all Halloweens will be built first?

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I thought I heard they were building all CE's first but also were alternating between HW and UM. I hope someone can clarify this.....

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Wrong

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Incorrect

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

Just a general question to any of you who have bought a game directly from Spooky before.......

It took Spooky 18 mos to build (as planned) 750 Rick n Morty pins. This includes the lockdown due to COVID. Near the end they were pumping out roughly 15-20 machines a week.

If the forecast is 1750 pins in 18 mos, that is faster, so rough out the math. No idea on what the final counts are yet of CE/BSE/SE but that is the build order.
Spooky Squirrel will email a # to you once they get all the distros sorted that can give a better idea of where you sit in line.
For RnM i have #427 and it was almost exactly 1 year from order to ship.

#579 2 years ago

*edit* Already addressed by other posters.

#580 2 years ago

To meet 18 months they have to average 22.44 games a week.

#581 2 years ago

Project Pinball Charity raffle for CE is live

#582 2 years ago

Where exactly was this stated?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from lifefloat:

... What kind of time frame do you think we could/would expect for delivery of Ultraman?

First World problem for sure. I definitely wouldn't worry about this one though - regardless of whether Spooky has somehow actually manufactured your game that quickly.

Congrats to you and all Ultraman purchasers - looks like a very cool game!

#584 2 years ago

Sorry for the cross-post if you've seen, but so many threads dedicated to Spooky and their two new releases. If you didn't grab one yesterday or want a companion to the one you have, a CE of your choice is being raffled by Project Pinball.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ce-halloween-ultraman-spookypinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details

As always, thank you for your support with raffles, volunteering time, donations, everything! And thanks to Spooky for providing the machine!

#585 2 years ago

I see a lot of people mentioning blue powder coat for Ultraman CE. But I have a feeling it is the same purple used for RaM. The photos they took outside are not white balanced. Take the blue hue out (from daylight) and the armor looks more purple than blue.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-1.jpg
#586 2 years ago

Just gotta say, the art package on this game is incredible.

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

But I have a feeling it is the same purple used for RaM.

Yep, looks terrible. I'll trade you my BSE trim for your CE trim.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I see a lot of people mentioning blue powder coat for Ultraman CE. But I have a feeling it is the same purple used for RaM. The photos they took outside are not white balanced. Take the blue hue out (from daylight) and the armor looks more purple than blue.[quoted image]

Doesnt seem that way here....

Screenshot_20210708-132756_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20210708-132756_YouTube.jpg
#589 2 years ago

Did SpookyLuke or anyone else on the Spooky team mention what assets are being used? It seems like they have the intro music at least and obviously clips from the show, but what will the callouts sound like? It would kind of be awesome to have dual language callouts (Japanese with English subs on the screen! or English) After a while, you'd know what the Japanese callouts would be if it wasn't in your normal lexicon. Would be a nice touch.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did SpookyLuke or anyone else on the Spooky team mention what assets are being used? It seems like they have the intro music at least and obviously clips from the show, but what will the callouts sound like? It would kind of be awesome to have dual language callouts (Japanese with English subs on the screen! or English) After a while, you'd know what the Japanese callouts would be if it wasn't in your normal lexicon. Would be a nice touch.

Charlie mentioned that the majority of audio direct from the show will be the native Japanese with English subs defaulting to ON. He said some lines will be in both languages and the Japanese actress they hired did English and Japanese callouts. That's what I believe based on some posts in the main Spooky's Next Game thread.

EDIT: I was wrong. It was this thread where he mentioned that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/3#post-6370397

#591 2 years ago

Would definitely be cheese if the call outs were dubbed in english..

Good catch.

Can add this point to, 'what does game play look like?' and 'how is the light show?'

#592 2 years ago

First time dealing with a distributor (pinball star). Can I send them payments along the way instead of getting hit all at once? Thanks.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

First time dealing with a distributor (pinball star). Can I send them payments along the way instead of getting hit all at once? Thanks.

I'd be surprised if a distributor said "no way, I don't want your money!"

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’d say yes, but of course check with tha man.

#595 2 years ago

Looks like word got out on the Project Pinball raffle.
Site just crashed.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Looks like word got out on the Project Pinball raffle.
Site just crashed.

Yep. I was gonna grab an entry.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Check with Joe. He'll be able to tell you one way or the other.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Charlie mentioned that the majority of audio direct from the show will be the native Japanese with English subs defaulting to ON. He said some lines will be in both languages and the Japanese actress they hired did English and Japanese callouts. That's what I believe based on some posts in the main Spooky's Next Game thread.
EDIT: I was wrong. It was this thread where he mentioned that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/3#post-6370397

I thought I read this somewhere, but between the flurry of all the posts, I forgot about it

This will make it all the better! I should have faith in the Spooky crew and Charlie, especially, being so impassioned with the theme.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Doesnt seem that way here....
[quoted image]

Thanks for that pic! Is that from the teaser video? Hoping it is not the same color as RaM. Not a deal breaker but I like the blue better.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

20 bucks a week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 13,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/12?hl=retrocengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.