IMG_6507 (resized).JPG
IMG_6504 (resized).JPG
EF939576-2A29-4A44-B8CF-7FDB08DF1623.gif
ultraman-screen-compare (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-121935_Facebook (resized).jpg
E99606E7-A7FD-41CF-BEC5-07A85BD4244D (resized).jpeg
1AB06E33-39B3-4B66-ACBE-D55B932E2412 (resized).jpeg
simpsons-ultraman (resized).png
simpsons-season-15-22-fraudcast-news-couch-gag-japanese-anime-ultraman-pikachu-g-force-astro-boy-sailer-moon-review-episode-guid

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 55.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Love the BS trim!

That trim is AMAZING! Plus I wanted my BS to match my R&M BS edition.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Laser cut side rails - $250
Powdercoat speaker panel - $100

Okay, let's be honest here..

Having lollypop rails laser cut doesn't cost 250 bucks.

The speaker panel is powder coated on the BSE, just changing the powder type isn't *generally* going to cost 100 bucks more unless it's super fancy multi-shot powder that requires multiple bake cycles.

#503 2 years ago

Is Fawzma doing code for both versions of Halloween and UltraMan?

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, let's be honest here..
Having lollypop rails laser cut doesn't cost 250 bucks.
The speaker panel is powder coated on the BSE, just changing the powder type isn't *generally* going to cost 100 bucks more unless it's super fancy multi-shot powder that requires multiple bake cycles.

I’ll concede your speaker panel point - I didn’t know the BSE panel was powdered. But standard side armor price is $250:

CD2F5522-44BE-4EC2-83D1-27F72DC72C6A (resized).pngCD2F5522-44BE-4EC2-83D1-27F72DC72C6A (resized).png

#505 2 years ago

#506 2 years ago

Awesome find! More details here: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6068

#507 2 years ago

I went with CE!

If any of my fellow Ultraman pinbros are also video gamers...there are 95 games featuring Ultraman to check out if you care to dabble in Flash Carts or emulation:

https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Video_Games

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is Fawzma doing code for both versions of Halloween and UltraMan?

The code is essentially the same for both games, only the assets and text will be changed. Guessing the junior programmer might do some of the conversion to UM. If the asset filenames are kept consistent between both games, not much really needs to be changed.. just the text on the LCD at that point.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I went with CE!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"340c3fb9666d0b2b562402c10d44a6d931491a10-1625692537-1800"};
//]]>

Congrats

If any of my fellow Ultraman pinbros are also video gamers...there are 95 games featuring Ultraman to check out if you care to dabble in Flash Carts or emulation:
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Video_Games

#510 2 years ago

Congratulations

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’ll concede your speaker panel point - I didn’t know the BSE panel was powdered. But standard side armor price is $250:
[quoted image]

Actually I think the BSE is just the “black wrinkle” powder . Also doesn’t have the cool grills . All that said BSE is a good value in hindsight vs CE.

#512 2 years ago

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The code is essentially the same for both games, only the assets and text will be changed. Guessing the junior programmer might do some of the conversion to UM. If the asset filenames are kept consistent between both games, not much really needs to be changed.. just the text on the LCD at that point.

So in theory we should be able to load a UM code on HWN and visa versa, just as we were able to do with FGY and Shrek.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Actually I think the BSE is just the “black wrinkle” powder . Also doesn’t have the cool grills . All that said BSE is a good value in hindsight vs CE.

It's not. I made it a point to confirm this yesterday. There's pictures and stuff in this very thread...

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

So in theory we should be able to load a UM code on HWN and visa versa, just as we were able to do with FGY and Shrek.

In theory...unless there's something that allows the code to check which game it's in. Spider-Man Vault code wasn't compatible with original Spidey and vice versa.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

standard side armor price is $250

As an add-on after the fact for a game that already HAS trim?? Sure. You're paying for the base materials.

Guess what? As a BSE buyer, you've already paid for the base materials, which are the lollypop rails...unless you're telling me Spooky is including TWO sets of trim on the CEs.... heh.

It's irrelevant to me. There wasn't enough on the CE to justify the extra thousand to me. If I wanted to blow another 1000 bucks, the direct print cab would be more worth it to me. I'm just explaining why it doesn't feel like the extra money to step up to CE is worth as much as the step up to BSE.

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's not. I made it a point to confirm this yesterday. There's pictures and stuff in this very thread...

And a good thing you did. Seeing that vid persuaded me to spring for the Bloodsucker.

#518 2 years ago

Anyone remember which ultraman comic used the backglass as cover art?

#519 2 years ago

I was very much on the fence. I really thought the Ultraman Standard Edition was the best value. I like all of the upgrades, but with Ultraman I didn't think I'd really be missing out on anything. I think we'll see a good mix of each version of Ultraman. With Halloween though, I know I'd end up wanting that amazing topper. Because of that, I think we'll see a much higher percentage of Collector's Edition with Halloween.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Anyone remember which ultraman comic used the backglass as cover art?

Trials of Ultraman #4. It's a variant cover and I don't think the issue has been released yet.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In theory...unless there's something that allows the code to check which game it's in. Spider-Man Vault code wasn't compatible with original Spidey and vice versa.

Hopefully we could, it would be cool if players can experience both releases while only purchasing one or the other. Hopefully they used all identical electronic components on both units.

#522 2 years ago
E48ADB69-2381-40B2-B7F7-321E23D563B9 (resized).jpegE48ADB69-2381-40B2-B7F7-321E23D563B9 (resized).jpeg
#523 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, yes, I see the distros still have some. Good, more opportunity for people.
Did you go for a Ultraman?

I did.

I tried to get one early on, but the site kept crashing even after having it in my cart and giving the CC info. I basically gave up and resigned myself to waiting this one out, then I received a notification that my order actually went through.

I am pretty far back in the line though, so I will definitely be waiting a while.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Trials of Ultraman #4. It's a variant cover and I don't think the issue has been released yet.

Got one ordered. It's the surprise variant from what I can tell (I have zero knowledge of variants etc)

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

Got one ordered. It's the surprise variant from what I can tell (I have zero knowledge of variants etc)

Where did you order, if I may ask? I was considering getting the issue with the backglass as well, perhaps to have Matt sign one day.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ahh ok , well it calls it “standard “ powder for the backbox so I was mislead . The black powder that is on the BSE is very cool for sure .

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ahh ok , well it calls it “standard “ powder for the backbox so I was mislead . The black powder that is on the BSE is very cool for sure .

Charlie also confirmed that the display panel and apron on BSE is also done in that sweet prism powdercoat.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Thanks for that reminder.
We could all agree NOT to order until we have seen some game play...

So glad you all took my advice

#530 2 years ago

Local comic store had seven and
purchased two.

20210707_174000 (resized).jpg20210707_174000 (resized).jpg
#531 2 years ago

CE here. From Nitro. Hope I can pay for it when the time comes…

#532 2 years ago

I got pick up this Comic book for my kids and 1 to keep in the game.

#533 2 years ago

Trying to decide if I should get the butter cabinet or not. Never seen one in person before, and people say pictures don't do it justice.

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Trying to decide if I should get the butter cabinet or not. Never seen one in person before, and people say pictures don't do it justice.

If the money isn't too much and the pin's in a spot where you see the side art then I highly recommend it.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

They really dont. Butter 100% if the pin will be in a place where you can see the sides, I got one for my RAM and its amazing.

#536 2 years ago

This ^^^^^

Quoted from Alaskanzen:

They really dont. Butter 100% if the pin will be in a place where you can see the sides, I got one for my RAM and its amazing.

#537 2 years ago

Ya'll are killing me. I like the look and feel of a cleared cab but a thousand bucks is a lot of scratch for...something that you really don't ever want to scratch.

Of course, if we have 20 hours of overtime every week for the next few months, I may consider it since I'll have more than enough to go around..

#539 2 years ago

In on Bloodsucker... end of the line somewhere

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Post a CE
BS
Or Se to rep your edition on order.

CE. Love the trim on the BS. The CE trim looks too close to R&M but the topper!!

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

CE. Love the trim on the BS. The CE trim looks too close to R&M but the topper!!

I wouldn't mind they swapped the CE and BSE trim colors. I hope fanboys file a petition.

Better yet, let the people choose for themselves.

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I wouldn't mind they swapped the CE and BSE trim colors. I hope fanboys file a petition.

I would minded I ordered the BSE partly because of the amazing trim.

#543 2 years ago

Yeah, not in love with the trim on the CE but the topper is cool and you have to consider resale value.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Better yet, let the people choose for themselves.

I wouldn't mind if game manufacturers never used trim colors as some kind of bonus incentive ever again. The difference in cost is pretty negligible in my experience...as long as you're staying with the same number of steps. Like if you go look at Prismatic Powders selection, it's pretty much all 11-24 dollars per POUND of material. I have no clue how much it actually takes to do one set of armor, but if someone wants to educate me so I can fill in the holes in my math, that'd be great.

Even if you're going from bottom barrel Stern wrinkle black to 3-process chromatic, it's not gonna be more than an extra 50 bucks in powder cost. Got a little bit in there for more labor time and power for the oven and static guns, but...yeah. Preference of things like color and texture is entirely subjective.

#545 2 years ago

What's the chance of getting a height measurement on a CE with the topper? A little nervous it won't fit in the planned location.

#546 2 years ago

Congratulations to Spooky and all the new owners! Well done to everyone and I am sure the game will be amazing.

We would love a Ultraman CE but we are out of room and out of pinball funds.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Congratulations to Spooky and all the new owners! Well done to everyone and I am sure the game will be amazing.

My solution to this problem (both with R+M and now Ultraman) was to just get a standard. 1.5 years for code to mature, kinks to work out, and me to figure out money

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

My solution to this problem (both with R+M and now Ultraman) was to just get a standard. 1.5 years for code to mature, kinks to work out, and me to figure out money

Bloodsucker is the new standard. So many CEs ordered that us BSEs will be near the very end as well.

#549 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare roll of quarters so I can grab one?
I’m still roughly 10 bucks short.

Serious - Ultraman looks great -congrats all
Too many good titles..

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congratulations to Spooky and all the new owners! Well done to everyone and I am sure the game will be amazing.

Same issue here addicted, but I always work on the theory that the delivery date is so far down the road that the issue will somehow resolve itself. Usually that means i find a new way to layout the gameroom that magically fits another game in. Or I miraculously find a whole new room in the house. But it always seems to work out in the long run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

9,699 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 55.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.