(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

“A fool and his money are soon parted”.
Source: Proverbs 21:20 of the King James Version of the Bible.

Here's another proverb: "You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse". People do what they want to do. I've read over and over how this is an investment whereas I view it also as a consumable. If I play 10,000 games over the time I own a game then each game played was worth something no matter what the parting price is. I'm ok for everyone who views pinball as a business or investment, but as a collector since 1974, I'm simply consuming the fun - and may pass the fun on at some point. I had one Gottlieb 4 player for 37 yrs so I guess I got my $$ worth.

#793 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Being a licensed game then couldnt the theme be picked up by Stern and have 2500 units made at $6900?

yeah, sure, Stern would probably give them away... sorry, just tired of this circular discussion and started the holiday weekend early. Have a well deserved labor day weekend.

#823 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Not sure if you read whole post or are running some kind of script that looks for a question mark and has a canned response...
Not overly concerned with value. Maybe I didn't clearly enough state my question: Is TNA "too simple"(ruleset wise) at this price for a 2, 3, 4 game collection? I am only mentioning price because for the same price, you can get most other games.
People that own it, or have just ordered it... Would your decision be different if you didn't have N machines?

Another factor that played into my ordering TNA 2.0 was that it harkened back to 1980's pinball, single level pf and fast play to compliment the other multilevel pf games with deeeeep rule sets. But as others have just said, it's all about what you seek in your 2 game pantheon as it's going to bring you pleasure day after day.

#859 1 year ago

Just to throw a little shade on the "$9k is too much for this pin": I operate with the thought that - I pretty much know how much $$ I have (probably never enough) but I have little idea as to how much TIME I have before me on this earth (certainly NOT enough). So, for those not struggling to provide 3 square meals on the table and save a little $ for retirement, I say - maybe we shouldn't be banking on collecting pinball. After 48 years collecting I'm at "what am I waiting for?!"

Everyone has their own set of concerns, constraints and priorities: So be true to your path.

#879 1 year ago

Not dishwasher safe... oh no, another reason to rag on and on about the terrible state of pinball: Costs, quality, fairness, design, single vs multi level, oh yeah - costs again! Happy Labor Day, hope you're spending it with family, friends and pinball!

1 week later
#949 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

There is negative meat on the bone at 9K, I doubt any resellers are interested in buying a game that is going to depreciate right away once the hype dies down and people realize you can get an original run for less.

Was under the impression that the 250 game rerun (CE) was using some newer electronics over the originals. Is this true?

2 weeks later
#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I don’t think they will build games that aren’t spoken for.I assume they’ll build the TNAs they have sold and move on to their next game when finished.

While I hope you're correct that Spooky would build only those that are/were spoken for, my supply chain background would suggest otherwise. The planned run of 250 would be used to drive orders of dependent demand for all components sourced outside of Spooky. Of course, someone with direct knowledge from Spooky could rule otherwise but that's just my mfg experience.

1 week later
#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from dssuski:

When did you all get a number for your TNA? I received an initial payment email, but didn't see anything but an order number

My Spooky email (with my TNA CE # in the header) came the same day I made the deposit. The email body had Q & A text but no further reference to the actual game # so check your email history and spam folder. Otherwise just email Spooky and I'm sure they'll answer right away. Congrats on your purchase!

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

#18 here, very exciting news! Gives me a bit of time to get my basement space cleared out...
...although speaking of basements, how big is the pallet it ships on? Is it something that would fit through a standard basement bulkhead door on a hand truck, or should I plan to un-box before moving things downstairs?

I'm in the same boat as you, having to shave a few ceiling joists to gain clearance while moving a few games around to "make room". Somethings gotta give...
From past experience, I've always had to depaletize before moving pins into my basement through the bulkhead door.

1 week later
#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Dam, I should have also bet the guys saying "it will definitely be sold out in 2 months". Haha!
been loving Alice Cooper that I just picked up for $6k. Definitely worth every penny here. Animation is fantastic.

Picked up Gottlieb Fashion Show for $185 in 1974, loved it too. It's already pretty clear that you think the $9k TNA CE price too rich for you. Ok. Full disclosure, I'm in at 107 for this $9k toy. Moving on...

1 week later
#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Got 2 thumbs down because I made someone laugh?. really? Man, this new "except our liberal ways or else" is getting tiresome.
But the same old I guess. Hang tough their community, help is coming! Nov 8th!

After consistently trolling the $$ for TNA CE the humor meter had run dry. Going to take time to recharge some goodwill. Probably best to just play pinball.

1 week later
#1407 1 year ago

Besides the gap with the right side rail the plunger viewing plate looks like it could be upside down. Yikes!

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yeah… I’m gonna reach out to my customer service POC I am emailing to right my decal issue.
My back glass does look washed out too… is it really not lighting issue, but the way the back glass was printed?
I’ll take a photo real soon to get folks opinion, but I’m stingy on the side it is washed out.
If Spooky is resolving the apron plunger alignment issue, I wonder they would fix the other stuff for future builds?
It’s my first rodeo with Spooky customer service. Let’s see how this goes.

As many will attest, Spooky customer service is exceptional. I've had prompt responses and complete satisfaction on every inquiry I've made regarding my ACNC, RAM and HW games thus far. What a contrast to Stern's "response" to a problem with boards 8a & 8b on my RUSH Premium - going on 6 months and zip! Nada! No-gots! Need I go on... We are in good hands with Spooky IMHO.

1 week later
#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So how long from when you guys got your invoice to pay for your game did it take until they said it’s ready?
I’m #160 so trying to get an idea.
Thanks

2 weeks for me: Notice of final payment due 11/15, paid 11/16, delivery set for tomorrow 11/30! Oh yeah!

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Spoke to them 11/17 and nothing yet as far as shipping replacement stuff. I kind of wish they didn't use the ! mark so much I take it as a negative when you say Sure! or I can send one of those as well! Like you don't really want to.

I've had nothing but prompt and consistent response from Spooky regarding parts or information on HW, RAM, ACNC and now TNA CE. In your case I wonder if Thanksgiving holiday and their 4 day work week had any impact on situation. Then of course there is/was black Friday, cyber Monday and all those Fedex/UPS deliveries ... My monies on Spooky coming through for you.

2 weeks later
#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

Hey cookpins,
I have seen that ad, and return to it daily. It's been... a struggle, to say the least. I think my wife is ready to see my drop a couple years' worth of mortgage payments on pins just so I'll finally stfu with my internal deliberation dialogue.
I've read all 33 pages of this thread and understand that people have had issues, which seems to be a theme with several Spooky machines. I guess I believe - perhaps naively - in Spooky's customer support (especially w/ Scott's omnipresence on this board) and my ability to learn new things.

Commenting because sometimes the frustration with problems can overshadow the contented. You're right to believe in Spooky's customer support. While I've had no issue with my #107 TNA CE there have been too many issues with other pinsiders' games which should cause concern over quality issues. Some issues appear to be a result of jostling during shipping (loose connectors, cabinetry shifting). The strength setting of the shaker motor may also rattle connections loose. Since you've read the thread you already know that there have been plenty of other concerns. Do your due diligence, evaluate your options/priorities, then don't look back - play whatever version you get like there's no tomorrow! You'll love it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=zebpin61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.