(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 1 year ago

Good luck to them. I'm sure they will sell out quickly regardless. I've played it, I enjoyed it, but every manufacturer thinking every game needs to push 10k is starting to look like fleecing. Maybe more than 250 would have allowed it to be cheaper (and maybe the small #'s is a big part of the reason it is so expensive).

I guess they want to get it while they can, and I'll sit on the sidelines like I did for many years. It's weird as I thought competition would drive prices lower or at least steady, and there just seems to be no ceiling.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I thought the second run was going to be in a full size cabinet?? Is it mentioned? $9000……….I’m out!

I keep seeing people say this, but why would you? Nothing physically changed about the pf which is the only part that matters.

#117 1 year ago

I think they will sell. Pinball is still crazy. It's just saddening for those of us who juggle costs and worth. One thing to keep in mind though on the flip side of the Spooky hate is that Stern does have the benefit of costs of scale.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

The market spoke at $6K. Let's hold off seeing if "the market has spoke at $9K" until all 250 sell.
No need to hang a "Mission Accomplished" on a banner before the boat has even left the dock.

On the plus side, if none are going to distros, then there won't be any of that early 'sold out in an hour!' talk.

#140 1 year ago

This is pinball...has any negative news stopped people from buying? For every one person who is mad, there are 2 waiting to take their place.

Now...could something eventually happen like the movement in the graphics card area? Maybe, but who knows when that will be..and at that point everyone's 15k machines will be worth much less anyway.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Fair enough, but then your original post should have said it ruined the hobby for YOU - not just a blanket ruined the hobby statement

I mean, seriously?

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I doubt it. My ASSumption is that Scott gets a per-game fee and Spooky doesn't own the design outright.

Charlie or someone spoke up in the other thread that said it is licensed to Scott, so they paid him something.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I mean (in my mind) I had thought the update would include something like a reactor hologram (or video screen) that would animate when it was overheating.
Something like that would have been worth more money and maybe OG owners would have paid to buy a new one and sold their OG machine. This leaves very little for the OG owners to desire.
The real diehard TNA fans probably already have 1.0 version.

I'm not really clear why they even call it 2.0. Why not just TNA BSE? Name fits, and that's basically what it is. When 2.0 kept getting thrown around I thought it was going to be a reimagining.

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Best fun/value selling right now is CCR, Alien and Godzilla.

Many missed the nice boat on Alien though. $7777 for an SV is the steal of the last 5 years, even if it has issues.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

No, CCR standard at $8k is. Little to no issues reported.

CCR is a shite game compared to Alien. But to each their own.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Here's an idea, just sell all the parts in a kit and people can assemble them at home at a discount. Just a cheap and simple street level game right? Should be a piece of cake . Joking obviously.

I would actually be down for this. You would learn quite a bit about the process and how it works (if you didn't already).

#365 1 year ago

I mean no conversation is complete without the doomsayers.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Not for me. I bought two. Game is a masterpiece. Had to get that butter cab goodness. [quoted image][quoted image]

And then hid it in your lineup lol. I never understand this mentality.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find it refreshing that spooky is willing to engage with both the good and bad on pinside.

I'm sure it is stressful, and they've been very good sports about it all.

#397 1 year ago

That's the risk for all..and I don't think you've been paying attention. All the companies require a down payment and usually non refundable and then you have to wait forever to get the game (except in many cases with Stern but in the last year that's even been a problem). You aren't telling anyone anything they don't already know.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

If you're fortunate enough to be able to spend 7k on a toy, of which you have multiples of, then 2 - 3K more isn't going to break the bank.

This is a very narrow minded mindset, and probably too much money and forget to look at other peoples perspectives. 2-3k is a major difference, and many people forget that. Perceived value is only part of the equation.

#547 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

I'd pay money to watch a focus group for a new pinball product with pinsiders. It'd be like the episode of It's Always Sunny where the gang goes to the psychiatrist and by the end you just feel sorry for the lady trying to make any rational sense of it all.

The people complaining though are generally a small percent of the actual numbers here.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Butter cabinet… anyone have a photo comparing the two?? Or is it something you need to see in person?

Spooky cab art material(?) in general is great. I honestly don't think you can get a real good feel from a photo the difference between butter and normal.

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It would have sold out in an hour if they had of allowed distributors to buy games like they have for past releases. But it will sell out for sure at some point. I think the original run of 550 games took over a year to sell.
I know this is a strange concept for people that are new to the hobby, but prior to 2020 it was very common for a distributor to have tons of titles in stock. Even LEs were typically available for many months.

You mean fake sold out..like the other titles? Calling around to different distros trying to find a game is annoying. Being able to just go to the website and know is far simpler. Dividing 250 games up would have just annoyed people up more because there wouldn't have been many at each.

#765 1 year ago

If nothing else, I'd like to thank Spooky for not running away after the blowback. People get worked up and I'm sure you already knew the price was going to raise some eyebrows. I like having them here interacting, but I know it can be nerve wracking sometimes.

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not having to pay licensing fees to me makes me believe that Scott the developer and creator will get their fare share for this particular run. Do all pinball designers make $2000-$2500 per game-C'mon seriously how dumb do you have to be to make that assumption.

I was literally the first person to type this here and Spooky corrected me quickly. They did pay Scott a license to re-run these. The key is this is a niche non mainstream license that everyone outside of people tracking the inside of pinball would not know about. No, we don't know how much he got, but hopefully it was a nice payout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.