(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago

I already own the first edition, I would have considered to upgrade if it was enough of an upgrade such as new art or something like that, but it seems like the same game so not worth the trouble of buying and sell my old game.

I think it’s a $9k game but that’s my 2cents.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

At $9K there's some serious stiff competition that TNA just can't beat. Should be priced as a Stern Pro at the most.

It’s not necessarily the bang for the buck type of pin. I think it’s more for the folks who have a nice collection, already have a few Stern, JJP, CGC pins and would like something different. It’s not going to replace Godzilla or Woz or MM etc. but if you wanted a game that feels completely different and is also a super quick/brutal and fun with the added fun of 2v2 or team play it’s super.

#65 1 year ago

It’s cool tho because not everyone has to buy one, I remember when MM remake was announced at $8k plus shipping when STLE was $7700 free shipping. It’s a different time now, used to buy Stern pro for $4700 that’s long gone.

I noticed on restaurant bill, they start the recommended tip at 18% and go to 25% as the default options. Crispes I’m paying $50 for a steak and they expect another $9-12 as a tip. Talking a whole family to dinner and it’ll be easy $60-70 tip for what bringing out food? Don’t get me wrong bringing out food is hard work but my point is this pin is not the only example of something that seems excessive.

#68 1 year ago

#74 1 year ago

It’s incredible that CGC sold CCrLE for $9250.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

To put things into perspective:
Dialed In, arguably one of the greatest and most ambitious games of all time, came out at the same time as TNA.
It is the perfect example of being totally loaded and also incredibly fun to shoot. Plus, the code and sound package is incredible.
Dialed In LE was 9k, TNA was 6k. Both prices made sense and I happily purchased both.
You can now find a nice HUO Dialed In LE for 8k. The re-run of TNA is a thousand dollars more than that, plus shipping and taxes. It’s mind boggling!

924E6F62-B7CD-4280-BBCF-5CC891EFAE04 (resized).jpeg924E6F62-B7CD-4280-BBCF-5CC891EFAE04 (resized).jpeg

#177 1 year ago

I mean (in my mind) I had thought the update would include something like a reactor hologram (or video screen) that would animate when it was overheating.

Something like that would have been worth more money and maybe OG owners would have paid to buy a new one and sold their OG machine. This leaves very little for the OG owners to desire.

The real diehard TNA fans probably already have 1.0 version.

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Ah, TNA has the least components of any pin made since 1980 I bet.
One pop bumper, Three flippers, Three drops, a scoop, and some targets.
All that totals up to around a few hundred bucks when buying in bulk.

Full color changing LEDs, real back glass.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Let the market speak. If anyone was really wanting a TNA and was looking to get in on the 2.0 run, do it! You will not regret it. I love this game so much.

I agree.

#255 1 year ago

Just for fun, suppose CGC did a new run of 250 MMR Royal editions price at $14-15k.

But but but MM Royal was $10k game, it’s not fair, boo hoo.

So what’s your opinion? Would you rather have zero more Royal editions or a few more but expensive?

#329 1 year ago

You can’t really compare it to JP or Hot wheels or whatever from cost of materials or part count. It’s like saying you were deciding to see Dave Chappelle or Jerry Seinfeld in concert and expect they should charge the same money. It’s not necessarily a one to one proposal, Spooky is not Stern is not JJP.

Tron has less parts than XMLE (moving ramp, spinning magnet, pop up trolls) but Tron sells for a higher price for whatever reason. For whatever reason TNA sells for more than Hot Wheels or TMNT pro. It’s just what it is. Also TNA might be less produced so people might hold on to it if they like it because it’s hard to replace. Heck I’m holding all my pins because once I sell them it’ll be hard to replace if I want that title again. I look at the for sale ads it’s like 6-8 pins in my area that I can choose from, not necessarily the games I want tho.

If Spooky is buying pinballs for example they probably buy a few thousand or ten thousand, Stern could make an order for 100k pinballs likely they would pay less. And it could be for every single component and building 10,000 pins a year is probably more efficient than building 800 a year.

#461 1 year ago

Anyone that is buying one is getting a great game that is very fun to play and is a great addition to a pinball collection.

I tell people about the backstory how it was home brew and how it looks a lot less polished than Godzilla, but that it's got a lot of attention to detail in the code and the music and is shoots fast. It's a great party game.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

The code in godzilla is far deeper and more complex.

I *never* said TNA had deeper / more complex code, I never said it was better than Godzilla.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?? I just said I would show people TNA and explain that TNA is a home brew almost like a kit-car type of machine. That TNA was designed by one person top to bottom, not a team of professionals, so TNA doesn't look near as polished as a machine from a company that has been making pins for 40+ years.

But then TNA does have attention to detail and small stuff code such as Speed Run, 2v2 team or co-op play, out lane ball saver, clock ball save timer.

Quoted from rai:

I tell people about the backstory how it was home brew and how it looks a lot less polished than Godzilla, but that it's got a lot of attention to detail in the code and the music and is shoots fast. It's a great party game.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The correct answer is "both"! I'm in on that one too, but there's no telling when it will arrive. I'm guessing 2023ish.
TNA is special and unique - it will always have a place in my collection.

I'm getting Fathom as well, TNA has got me interested in a street level pin, and I know old games are there but I still love the color changing LEDs and improved sound etc..

I'll put them next to each other whenever Fathom shows up.

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Overpriced TS4 probably was a couple thousand units.

Doubtful, less than 300 TS4 are represented in Pinside collections.

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I wonder how many of those cheering have a TNA 1.0 and they are hoping this increases their resell value…

I could care less, not selling 1.0 anyway. I was actually thinking about buying 2.0 to upgrade but it seems like it’s not worth the bother for a few minor features.

More games produced probably will lower the prices of 1.0 games. Look at Iron Man their prices were climbing quickly on par with Tron at the time until Stern made the Vault and remade the vault several years apart. It’s supply and demand more supply lowers the price.

Rooting or cheering has no bearing on price. LoL. Some of you naysayers are comical.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

5 bucks plus 5 bucks plus, and so on.. u get the picture, ur cost isn't the same as their cost

You miss the point our cost is what we pay. We don’t pay what Spooky or Stern pays. If you want art blades and it’s $120 you have to pay $120. It doesn’t matter if they cost $5 to make you can’t make them in your basement for $5 so you pay what they cost.

Go make a back glass for $5 or laser cut rails for $5. I’d put them on all my games if they cost was what you say.

What a company charges is not that it costs them, they won’t make any money. You think it costs Apple $1k to make an iPhone?

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

10k is street level now ???!!!

My Fathom will be around $9k all in, and I paid a fee to the original buyer. The price was $11500 AU dollars but at today’s exchange rate that’s less than $8k.

Note: it was $8900 US dollars when announced but with currency change the price now works out to $7800 US.

I paid $500 to get the deposit from someone. If I had ordered straight away it would have been around $8k plus shipping.

Still very expensive but life is short and as they say you can’t take it with you.

Plus if/when I sell it won’t cost me that much just the gain/loss whatever it is.

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree completely with what you said, but, at the same time, I don’t think it’s worth $9,000 plus tax and shipping.

It is funny that people keep saying plus tax and shipping. You can say that about every game (except Stern has free shipping) but you could say CGC is $xx plus tax and shipping and JJP is $xx plus tax and shipping etc. Can't you just ignore the tax if it's the same, and if shipping is the straw that breaks the camels back than it's obviously not something you want badly.

If someone wanted a topper and it was $800 plus tax and shipping would you say, I was in but the tax and shipping killed it?

CCr (LE) or CCr SE+ both cost $9250 (plus tax and shipping) and (may) offer a lot more kinetic satisfaction (for $250 more than TNA). This makes CCr a good deal if you want the game. The topper on CCr alone is worth a good deal, the LE has shaker, art blades as well. Bang for the buck CCr is better than TNA.

But not everyone needs to get the final last ounce of value out of every purchase. If I was looking to buy a watch and one cost $7K and one cost $9K what do I do? Just always buy the cheaper watch? If that's so why can't I just buy a watch for $40 and be done with it?

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Any serious analysis of cost needs to consider the fact that this is an unlicensed IP made as a home brew with rudimentary art that’s beeing re run. Also is made largely with stock parts. The R and D on this cannot be anywhere near the cost of a game like Godzilla.

I don't buy things based on serious analysis of cost.

This whole circular argument that drop targets cost $3 each (add up all the parts) and that's what a pin should cost, that doesn't make any sense.

Most people will be happy and happier with Godzilla, DP, JP and so on and so on. But that doesn't mean TNA has to cost less than DP or JP or Godzilla. Buy whatever you want. But don't need to bring out a slide rule and a scientific calculator to figure out what everything has to cost.

Bottom line, I know people are sad that this game costs so much, and maybe would have been in at $6K or $7K or $8K but they are out at $9K, I can see the frustration, but I wanted MM Royal and thought $10K was too much at the time. I didn't let it ruin my life, I just got other pins that I liked and didn't buy the MM Royal. I don't go around saying but CGC didn't design the game or whatever so it should cost considerably less than $10K.

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Most pinsiders are data analysts on the side. Arguing about good or bad is too subjective for us, so breaking apart the BoM is the only thing we have to attach to the perceived notion of value for our toys.

I have to admit it myself, in the TS4 thread (are you in or out) when I said $12K/$15K is outrageous for that pin, but people are free to buy it and they are buying it (good for them), I am glad to see it in the arcades.

I think JJP and now Spooky were responding to the flippers (people buying GNR CE for $12K and selling them for $15K or more. R&M, Godzilla LE etc.. people buying the games with no intention of playing it but just to turn around and make a quick $2K profit.

Companies saw this and said let's just keep the price so high that flippers can not top that price. Spook might not care since they only need/want to make 250 pins. JJP I am sure wanted to make more than 250 pins.

#835 1 year ago

I would suggest TNA as a great game to complement Godzilla.

1 week later
#976 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

HA, spooky blocked me from commenting on their Facebook. freaking cowards.

What did you post??

#979 1 year ago

I don't get the outrage at the price. Used TNA for sale are at $7,300 on up some over $9K (asking).

Anyone who prefers to buy a Stern premium for $9K can do that they don't need to pester Spooky about the asking price, if you don't like it don't buy it.

What's wrong with that if someone wants a brand new that is somewhat improved at $9K? That seems about right to me, but if you all don't like it don't buy it. I don't go to Ferrari or Porsche FB and complain that their cars are too expensive what do you expect to accomplish?

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

May not change much, but might have gotten some pinsiders to consider Alien, Godzilla or Cactus Canyon before dropping $1000-2000 more on this game.

You are starting to sound like a broken record.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Does anybody have any experience between tna butter cab vs regular. Ive seen a Halloween butter and its spectacular. But TnA art is pretty basic and im not sure it would be as impactful.
Thoughts?

I’ve not seen the butter cabinet but the decals are top notch.

#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What continues to draw me to it is its uniqueness though. You can get more features, mechs, depth of code, etc for your money with a typical modern Stern Premium, but there's nothing else on the market that really offers the cool light show, music, and high adrenaline gameplay package that TNA provides.
That said, I haven't gone from admirer to buyer ... yet.

You are correct. I’ve owned 30 pins maybe half of the top30 and nothing is comparable to TNA, not saying TNA is the best but it's way different playing it.

I’ll say CCr is the best value for a premium product. Stern and JJP makes great pins too, I’ve bought 4 Stern premium in the past 18 months. And have CCr on order. Still own TNA.

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Help me understand this. As someone who is not as familiar with the game as an owner of it, I don't see how this is true. What is missing on this "details" page as far as mechs?
[quoted image]

Nothing missing.

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I consider a mech as an assembly that is controlled by a coil or coils and interacts with the ball. TNA has 3 flippers, 2 scoops, 1 pop bumper, 5 slingshots, 3 controllable drop targets ( 2 coils each) and 2 controllable ball gates. There is a lot more going going on in TNA than people realize. While nothing may jump out as a centerpiece main mech of the game it is all the other mechs and how they are controlled that make this game a unique playing game.
Another thing to consider is the lighting in the game every lamp on the playfield is an individually controlled RGB led which allows TNA to have the best light shows in pinball.

Good point. That matrix on the pinball feature page only has a few set features like ramps etc. it doesn’t include thinks like control gates, or in PF timers, or on other games things like up posts, moving buildings etc.

#1040 1 year ago

It’s more than meets the eye or more than you realize on casual look at the game had the interactive beacon too.

#1047 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

you guys are ridiculous. I know you like TNA. I like TNA. I know single bank drop targets and sling shots aren't cheap, but.... come on. This building is nearly 100 parts. It's humungous (elwin for scale). And it has its own node board... Stepper motor and lead screw... But no coil. so i guess we can't count it as a mech! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You are correct, the BM66 turntable is also huge and complex.

I do see you have one pin in your collection, but some guys have a dozen or more +++ games. In that case they might already have the Godzilla, DI, Woz, etc.. than they might more appreciate a game like TNA.

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait wut? 10’s of millions?
Check your calculator RD.

Probably $25M

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Break out the detail for me Rai.
How many 10’s? 2.5?
So just a couple of them?
Not sure it adds up to that
Net profit and Corvettes in the driveway? Love a success story

It was broken down above Scott's pins around 1300 (not counting the new run) figure $8000 average that's $10M.

Then you have AMH, RZ, ACNC, UM/HW and Dominos has to be 2000+ pins there.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are another Spooky sycophant and JJP basher.
Price matters. Let’s see IF the next game can drive the same FOMO at these higher prices.
I doubt it.

That's funny because I own 2 JJP and they're rated 6 and 7 of all the pins I've rated (I only rate games I have owned) and they very well might be top5 of my pins (DI is moving up in my rating). I only owned 2 Spooky and sold one, and they are not rated as high as. my JJP games.

I never said Spooky was profitable, I just said I agree they have sold 10's of millions of merchandise. But if you think $25-30M is not ten's of millions I can't help you.

You're angry about something and making a fool of yourself again. Peace.

#1127 1 year ago

this is an interesting video sounds somewhat like the pinball market where the prices exploded in the last few years.

So long watch flippers.

I don't think pinball market has crashed but the flippers are not making money at these prices ($15K TS4, $9-10K TNA etc.)

1 week later
#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

So who is the lucky one that got #250? Congrats! to that lucky buyer.

Who really cares??

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Just bought an AIQ and had a TNA on loan from a friend for a while. Definitely can’t see making that trade. Love TNA, but there is so much more in AIQ.

not to be argumentative, just discussing but you can say there is a lot more in Rush or AIQ than AFM or Tron for example that is not a great argument. I owned Tron and the code is basic compared to many of todays pins, and yet Tron is still one of the most requested pins and the price of Tron or AFM is up there just because they are great games.

TNA is never going to blow away these modern games with 30 pages of rules but it's a great game, I say TNA is a one trick pony but then to me that one trick is such a good one.

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

sigh, we get that you like AIQ more, but get ready as I'm about to blow your mind here; different people like different things in pinball. Some like super deep, maybe even byzantine rule sets while others like a game with more intensity and tension from moment to moment. It's not just lights and sounds either.
So yes, some people do indeed have more fun with a TNA than they would with AIQ and that might make it worth the price difference for them.

Most of us with TNA have large collections. We most likely have games with lots of rules. TNA is a hybrid it’s almost an like an older game but yet has modern lighting and sound as well as some new ‘party’ rules and bonus rules like speed run that you can enjoy in a quick game.

I owned LotR it was great but I didn’t enjoy it more than a few games, I ended up playing it less and less because it was so long playing.

3 months later
#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

#23 butter arrived and is set up
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that’s impressive.

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

It's also currently for sale!

Machine - For Trade

TNA (CE) w/Butter Cabinet

Featured

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “TNA CE#23 with Butter Cabinet ($1,000 upgrade) direct printed onto cabinetry then clear coated several times.

Unboxed last month. I had envisioned this being a great co-op game to...”

2 days ago

Altoona, PA

TheGunnett

Trade

TheGunnett doesn’t mess around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.