(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 1 year ago

I was expecting pricing more around 8k but own an original anyway. Probably enough demand for 250 units at 9k though, they didn't have to do another run so glad they are giving more people a chance to own one even with the markup.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

With it being close to 10k after taxes and shipping, Godzilla premium is over 1k cheaper than TNA. What a joke.

Well some are still paying tax and shipping on GZ. Yes the price is high but tax and shipping apply to all games.

#166 1 year ago

Maybe it was only worth it to Spooky to run more at 9k with cost of materials and labor being more and a pain in the ass to build. They can't jump in a time machine and build 250 more at 2017 material and labor prices, it's not all about being greedy as some are making it out to be.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Let me remind you that 9,000 X 250 = 2,250,000. On a playfield they already have the schematics for, layouts done, over the shelf parts, and no code update besides bug fixes. Explain to me again how you think they had to sell it at 9K just to make it worth their while? I easily see them making a minimum of 1 million and change profit on a product that honestly someone else built, designed, coded, and did the sound work on. Building it is definitely worth their interested and if this sells out you bet they'll continue to make more. I mean why not? it's easy money.

I said materials and labor not R&D. You know for a fact that they had everything on the shelf to build 250 more bought at 2017 prices? Paying people to build them now costs more thanks to certain factors that took place between 2017 and 2022. They've also said numerous times that the game was a pain to assemble, takes more paid man hours on each game to complete.

#196 1 year ago

So what should the price have been? Was 6k without the add ons five years ago when materials/labor was cheaper, now 9k with the add ons, upgrades and materials/labor has gone up. Sure Spooky's making a profit, just how much is too much for someone that risked their livelihood and scraped by multiple months to start this company.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes Beatles Gold, can get one now in my area for the price of TNA 1.0. just trying to find the better value.

I like the Beatles music fine enough but Danesi's music cranked with the sub and a few adult cocktails is heaven. TNA wins with music, lightshow and multiplayer rules.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Certainly doesn't feel good. Unfortunately, what many want it to cost is less then it costs to produce. *sad shrug*

I think it's broken down very clearly for everyone to see in post #251 by 27dnast, costs of everything have gone up considerably. Only thing you could have done possibly was make a cheaper standard edition but most chose the CE option on your last game so makes sense why you guys went this route. People just have the 2017 6k figure stuck in their head and don't want to embrace reality, part of the complaining is flippers that got burnt on HW/UM also.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Which would increase production costs and make the build more difficult.
I don't doubt they considered it. But if they want to nail the build time, additional models and/or options would not help them do so.

Yes, I would have made the same decision they did.

#311 1 year ago

Here's an idea, just sell all the parts in a kit and people can assemble them at home at a discount. Just a cheap and simple street level game right? Should be a piece of cake . Joking obviously.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I've never seen one in the wild to try.

reply fail.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Cactus Canyon is only 8k and has mechs and ramps.

I'd rather own a Houdini or Oktoberfest for cheaper, CC got real old real fast for me.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

CCR or just CC? CCR- code has been upgraded already and they still haven't released Lyman's code for this game yet.

I played CC continued, of course if the code is a major change I'll revisit it but Lyman's not with us anymore so who knows how much he worked on before his passing.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Im a Fang Club member that signed up in March specifically for this...I am not buying. I also never received my welcome gift, thanks Spooky!

Your fang club merch is coming. I'm sure you can find a creative way to destroy it to ease your frustrations.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Not lose money? If I bought one, it would cost $9585 (tax+Fang club+gas) and thats if I pick it up.
Anyone want to buy TNA from me for $9,585 after I put 300 plays on it lol?

crabs.gifcrabs.gif
#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So? How does one great game negate another great game? They’re both incredible & accomplish what they set out to do.
TNA has the exact right depth for the type of quick ass-kicker game it is. Might be too deep, even! I’ve had the game for years, I’ve never destroyed all 9 reactors.

It's getting old with everyone comparing GZ to every other game. It's like you dated this extremely hot person early in your life and abstain from having sex with others cause they were the hottest piece of ass ever. Elwin will have a hard time topping GZ much less any other game to come out in the future.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

some can get below msrp apparently

sus.gifsus.gif
#554 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

It didn’t sell out because just like JJP they priced it way too high which is why collectors editions of toy story are on the line already; spooky and JJP are definitely not helping the pinball collectors at this time

It's been 3.5 hours, no one claimed it was going to sell out in four hours like Rick and Morty.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I own tna and it is not a 9k machine.

Well over 100 people as of now are paying above 9k to own it and more to come, sounds like more opinions slant the other way.

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

You consider 100ish sales to be validate a 9K price? So many people on this thread said it would insta sell out. I’m glad the market responded the way it did. The pricing is just absurd. Spooky fans aside, I just don’t see how you can rationally look at a TNA and Godzilla premium side by side and think they represent equal value. It may be a great game but the pricing is just out of whack with the competition.

The game will sell out eventually, over 100 at this point in time. I saw a few people say it would sell out instantly but that's not most. Whatever number you think validates a 9k price is probably above the 250 that Spooky plans to make anyway.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

The poll says otherwise, but they only need 250 to agree that it's worth 9k. Definitely more opinions say it's not worth 9k.

A poll that only Pinsiders vote in is your proof? Not every collector/buyer is on Pinside.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It's more odd that you think 100 people buying means that the overall opinion is slanted to meaning it is worth it.

I think the game will sell out, only been available to club members for 10 hours and not even available to the general public yet. My reply was to Loganpinball about over 100 people paying above 9k versus his sole opinion it wasn't worth it.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

na, if somebody wants it they'll spend $40 extra to get this game.. I doubt it reached 100. I had time.. went through every posted #...12 games so far. Public release won't change much.

SpookyLuke said 100 were sold shortly after game went up for sale to club members, either you didn't see that or you think they are lying.

#656 1 year ago

$100 dollar bet for anyone that still believes they won't sell all 250.

#690 1 year ago

Seen a bunch of statements saying TNA shouldn't be more than a Stern pro. Here's the list of stuff you don't get with a Stern pro:

real backglass
4 score displays
beacon topper
upgraded speakers/sub
sub chamber
speaker lights
custom speaker grills
powdercoat
laser cut side rails
art blades
knocker
shaker
metal apron
plastic protectors

What do you think the price of a Stern pro would be if it included all that?

Also you don't have to worry about playfield quality with Spooky on current games. Stern still makes playfields with ruffles ridges and thin clearcoat where your shooter lane's clear starts chipping after twenty plays.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

5 bucks plus 5 bucks plus, and so on.. u get the picture, ur cost isn't the same as their cost

drugs.gifdrugs.gif
#749 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

um, ok.. looks like I have to explain it. If u buy a coil from from spooky, it will cost, what.. $19? there cost is maybe 2 bucks.

Your seriously trying to defend calling every add on $5 in cost? Even if they were only that much there's labor involved installing them on the game. What other business or pinball manufacturer is giving you anything at cost to begin with? Glad you explained it, so clear now.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Come on, their isn't $10k worth of parts and labor here..

You know the game is $9k so just stop. People really reaching in this thread with trying to stretch the truth and it's laughable.

strech (resized).jpgstrech (resized).jpg
#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

U forgot the butter! Wife says it to me all the time. Haha!

Well yes if you add butter it's $10k. That's definitely something you can pass on to save money, never was important to me on my games.

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Is it really worth $1000 tho? lol. all good, I set it up on purpose. Didn't think u would be the one to bite tho. Haha!

It is to some people, not for me though mainly because if you nick/scratch it then you're screwed. If I stared at the art on my games more than I played them then that would help justify it also.

#794 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I thought I'd bring attention to this thread a comment I found from Scott's userhandle on PINSIDE when someone suggested if the PIN cost may rise to as high as 10K
[quoted image]
Also for those wondering if they should sell their 1.0 to get a 2.0, I think this other post puts that to rest that it's not really 2.0, but just a re-run of 1.0 with some mods.
[quoted image]
Given that information, I say used. 1.0 builds are a much better deal than this 10K after taxes and shipping spooky Re-run.

THE GAME IS $9K, NO ONE IS PUTTING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD TO PAY $1K EXTRA FOR BUTTER. 1.0 games are a better deal because they were built 5 years ago when everything was 10-30% cheaper to build.

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

To be accurate, this isn't spooky's design, idea, vision, coding, sound design nor anything. This was all Scott Danesi. The only thing Spooky did was pay scott a fee to mass produce them. Scott made a game he wanted to play for himself, and it just so happens Spooky saw an opportunity to make money on it. Also given another post that Scott made, he was unaware the price would be this high, which means he must not be getting as much as people think. Scott's a very humble and honest guy, he's talented but greedy is never a character trait I would ever associate with him. This pricing is all spooky.

If Spooky didn't exist and convince Scott to mass produce the game it would still be a homebrew in his basement with little exposure outside of shows. You think Stern or JJP would mass produce a game like TNA? You paint a picture of Spooky like they're some greedy evil company preying on poor homebrew designers and screwing them over.

#812 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

This was a legit question. I don't have a fang membership to actually look to see if they are available. Not trolling you guys

Still available to add in cart.

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

If you are looking for brutal and fast, get a Pinbot for 3k or less.

No thumping Danesi soundtrack or lightshow in Pinbot, that's half the fun/appeal of TNA.

#873 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The fact that Spooky is essentially charging an additional fee to purchase a game that hasn't been an immediate sell-out (like their recent prior games) makes it feel even more like a money grab though.

Some people look forward to the swag that you get with the membership fee. It's not $45 worth of stuff but you do get something for your money and shipping is included, looking forward to the mug this year.

IMG-1169 (resized).jpgIMG-1169 (resized).jpg
#878 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is it dishwasher friendly?

Probably not lol, I hand wash my Ren & Stimpy pint glasses cause my dishwasher ruined my first set.

1 week later
#983 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

May not change much, but might have gotten some pinsiders to consider Alien, Godzilla or Cactus Canyon before dropping $1000-2000 more on this game.
I was quite impressed with the amount of animation on TNA.

Sounds like you are doing God's work so pat yourself on the back one more time for me. I mean that Godzilla game is such an unknown, how did people know it even existed before your good deeds lifted it up.

#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Help me understand this. As someone who is not as familiar with the game as an owner of it, I don't see how this is true. What is missing on this "details" page as far as mechs?
[quoted image]

I don't see the two VUK's/scoops listed that it has or the slings in the reactor area.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Two VUKs or 2 scoops?

As fast as they shoot out I thought they were VUK's but could be defined as scoops, there is a mech there no matter what they are called.

#1024 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

But he says it has more than a GZ premium. Doesn't seem correct to me, but I may be missing something.

I'm not making that argument so have to take it up with him.

#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

has anyone upgraded the audio on a TNA that they would recommend going that route. I remember my R&M was ratting like crazy which drove me nuts.

No need to upgrade the audio on TNA, partly what your paying for in the game. Rattle tape or electrical tape on edges of playfield glass will eliminate most of the rattling, you can also turn the bass down on audio amp a bit to control it.

2 weeks later
#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

you’re saying they sold out ?

You can still add them in shopping cart on site so not sold out.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

why would I make that bet?

Cause you're predicting games being sold at a discount and layoffs. Sounds like easy money for you and talking shit only goes so far.
do.gifdo.gif

1 month later
#1335 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well got my game setup and the sound is definitely fucked up. It doesn't sound anything like my original. I tried following the instructions in the club thread and it still sounds bad. Just really low and the bass isn't there like on my OG game. Anyone else having this issue? My OG game used to thump.

Have you checked the bass volume level on your amp?

#1337 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Yeah. Even if I turn it all the way up it sounds super wimpy.

Maybe the amp they installed was defective, sure they will send you a replacement to rule it out.

2 months later
#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s so funny, there are all these issues with these games. You got scenarios like this one where I’m fixing a $10k machine with shish kebab skewers and meanwhile Spooky is probably doing this reading all these comments
[quoted image]

Looks like you got a lemon if you're having to modify sling placement under the playfield. I would be sending it back before I went to that extent and I own four Spooky games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.