(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi_gill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 1 year ago

Wow this game was 6K when it was released in 2017. How in the world are they justifying charging 3K more (9K) in 2022? I know they'll blame it on inflation but we all know it's just greed at this point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I keep seeing people say this, but why would you? Nothing physically changed about the pf which is the only part that matters.

While I agree the playfield size and feel shouldn't change, I think people are just trying to understand how the upcharged 9K in cost is being justified. Judging by the responses it's clear Spooky missed their mark in gauging their own target audience. There will always be big fish in this hobby who can afford this cost and will probably still buy it, but releases this absurdly high are just bad for this hobby and when the high rollers complete their collection these same companies are going to wonder why their pins are not longer selling and will blame it that the hobby is dying. The same thing is happening with dealership markups, and it's just unfortunate it's now happening with spooky.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

In that case I'm holding out for the future TNA 2.0 which may have ramps and more stuff on it.

I think as a fan it's great that your holding out for TNA 2.0, but given Scotts vision was to do a retro like build and have absolutely no ramps, I don't see it happening as a TNA named machine. Maybe something else that he designs will have ramps similar to the way Rich and Morty had some. P.S. (Technically the shooter lane in TNA is a mini-ramp).

#42 1 year ago

FYI. 9K now before Tax and shipping, and if it sells out, they'll just make more.. maybe next run will be 12K since 9K would have sold out. Ouch!!

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Taken from TNA's main forum page... A quote from Scott the man himself. Even $9K is just as much as a shocker as Scott would be at 10K. Too bad I'm not swimming in cash to support this.
I just bought WW LE about 1 month ago and not sad about it. Just sad this was released much sooner than probably many expected.

I think that speaks volumes when Scott Danesi, the creator and designer of this great PIN is shocked that the price is so high himself. That tells me he had no say in the final price of this machine, this is all on Spooky.

Judging by the reaction of everyone on this thread its obvious Spooky missed the mark on pricing this beloved PIN correctly. I think with this much negativity they'll have to respond otherwise they'll take a serious hit on their reputation as a small family owned friendly business.

Right now they look greedy, and I just can't see it any other way to try and justify this 3k price hike from 5 years ago.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

With what these have been selling for on the used market this year, what did everyone expect? The new version has $1000.00 in extras the original didn't. Powder coat including the coin door, shaker, knocker, lighted speaker grills, lighted drop targets, art blades, plastic protectors, upgraded metal fold down speaker panel were all upgrades or not not options for the original run.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You are also not taking into consideration that the limited quantity and rarity drove up the price. If this pin was properly priced at 7K maybe even 7.5K the used price market would properly reflect that. Now with the prices through the roof it will still affect the market but negatively.

In the end something is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. We all know that as great as this PIN is, it's not worth 9K when compared to other PINS that are packed in parts at this same price point. GZ is a great example; In the end our wallet's speak louder than any text on a forum ever will. We can bitch all we want, but if they sell out from big spenders who could care less on the price then that's all that matters to spooky. You all have to decide to either join the big spender bandwagon or vote with your wallet and not buy anymore overpriced PINS to bring the prices back down to normalcy.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Greed? It's called business.
Spooky isn't some kind of charity scraping by just to make people happy. They are a manufacturer that has to pay overhead, labor, source parts, and make a profit.
Why in the world they undercut themselves and undersell compared to what the market has been doing?
You're smoking crack if think they can make the same game they made 5 years ago for a near similar price. PLUS, that $6K price point you're highlighting doesn't include any of the upgrades that everyone paid for extra back in 2017.

Are you actually making the point that 3K in upgrades (50% of the initial value of this PIN) are somehow in this TNA 2.0?

Also looking at the current poll, I say so far it's not looking like a very wise business decision. Even if this run sells out at 9K, it will leave a sour taste in most people's eyes and I doubt they'll run to support any new releases in the future. A positive company image is a hard thing to gain back after you lose the customer's trust. It's not worth making a quick profit to piss off your customers. It will always hurt you in the long run.

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe it was only worth it to Spooky to run more at 9k with cost of materials and labor being more and a pain in the ass to build. They can't jump in a time machine and build 250 more at 2017 material and labor prices, it's not all about being greedy as some are making it out to be.

Let me remind you that 9,000 X 250 = 2,250,000. On a playfield they already have the schematics for, layouts done, over the shelf parts, and no code update besides bug fixes. Explain to me again how you think they had to sell it at 9K just to make it worth their while? I easily see them making a minimum of 1 million and change profit on a product that honestly someone else built, designed, coded, and did the sound work on. Building it is definitely worth their interested and if this sells out you bet they'll continue to make more. I mean why not? it's easy money.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Are you Kaneda or just his hype man? You’re just repeating the same bs he said earlier on his free podcast. Neither of you sound like you know anything about manufacturing.

I have no idea who Kaneda is, nor do I listen to any podcasts. I'm just a pinball owner like yourself, that has decided not to pay this outrageous price for this PIN. Given by the poll data, I see I'm not alone in this sentiment. But somehow I don't see you calling all the other people on this thread Kaneda? so what gives? This is a public forum and that's my opinion, feel free to input yours, it's a free country.

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Just a friendly neighborhood Pinsider, no location, no collection, just a nameless pinsider?
You see Gill, The above mentioned podcaster has been banished from pinside long ago....
For being the absolute epitome of a scumbag Troll.
He himself has admitted this, also to being kicked off every hobby forum he's ever been part of.
He has repeatedly slimed he way back here multiple times, under assumed names to stir the pot of hate.
His opinions blow like a hot wind from a Summertime garbage Dump.
Sometimes hypocritical, sometimes apologetic, sometimes just outright Bull#$%@.
Whatever enters his brain that he thinks will get a rise out of others.
And to top it all off he is an elitist Snob, of the worst sort.
He Wants to be a Star Bellied Sneech in the Worst way Possible.
He learned nothing as a child from Dr Seuss.
He thinks people who are nice to others are Suckers.
So don't be surprised if some of us think new members with no info or history, could be this Creep, weaseling his way back.
Welcome to Pinside if your for real Gill.
Cheers

Thanks I appreciate the explanation and insight. I think if you read the majority of my posts since I joined this site, you'll find I'm either just asking questions to learn, help others from the knowledge I've learned and even put up a few guides of ideas, solutions I've come up with.

I will occasionally defend myself but never in a disrespectful way. I just recall when I was younger I was bullied, and as we all have grown to learn; The only way to stop the bullying is to stand up to your bullies. I did feel it was quite presumptious of Rebelguitars to associate me with person that has such a negative persona on this forum.

I think I am expressing myself just like anyone else on this heated thread. Nobody here is really a fan of the high price of this PIN, and I'm sure we can all agree that we don't want prices to continually go up. I understand inflation, delays and higher costs to get components for a PIN, but I think we all know, a bad deal when we see it. The 9K price (10.5K after taxes) just doesn't seem justified, and unless they get backlash and don't sell out; it's the only way any company will really listen.

#629 1 year ago

Well well, I guess the people have spoken and I for one am glad that people came to their senses and it didn't sell out in minutes and it's still very much available. Especially when the number is as small as 250. There will always be, big sharks in the field and I expected sales but I'm glad our wallets spoke today and I'm hoping someone at spooky listened.

#788 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

TNA is a classic, simple but clever design. Awesome thumping soundtrack and a great theme..
Stern don’t do TNA’s only spooky can make games like this!
To quote GnR. Games like this only come round once in a lifetime!

To be accurate, this isn't spooky's design, idea, vision, coding, sound design nor anything. This was all Scott Danesi. The only thing Spooky did was pay scott a fee to mass produce them. Scott made a game he wanted to play for himself, and it just so happens Spooky saw an opportunity to make money on it. Also given another post that Scott made, he was unaware the price would be this high, which means he must not be getting as much as people think. Scott's a very humble and honest guy, he's talented but greedy is never a character trait I would ever associate with him. This pricing is all spooky.

#791 1 year ago

I thought I'd bring attention to this thread a comment I found from Scott's userhandle on PINSIDE when someone suggested if the PIN cost may rise to as high as 10K

Also for those wondering if they should sell their 1.0 to get a 2.0, I think this other post puts that to rest that it's not really 2.0, but just a re-run of 1.0 with some mods.

Given that information, I say used. 1.0 builds are a much better deal than this 10K after taxes and shipping spooky Re-run.

2 weeks later
#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Help me understand this. As someone who is not as familiar with the game as an owner of it, I don't see how this is true. What is missing on this "details" page as far as mechs?
[quoted image]

The only Mech I'm aware of on TNA is the Danesi Lock for the Drop targets. It's unique for this machine although, it can be classified as simply drop targets with some software magic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi_gill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=jedi_gill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.