(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Mark the beginning of the pinball crash…. You heard it here………….

Calling Crazy Levi.....

3 months later
#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Game sent out extra balls randomly and the service menu did not show switch statues correctly to diagnose! Can you believe that?
Drain magnet never worked after fiddling with it for hours and hours. Always threw ball into the drain and not back into play.
Back orbit didn't register and would eat balls that may or may not return after a few days
Left wireform ramp never worked and ball bounced off it back into shooter lane or right drain lane or anywhere other than where it should have.
Both ball locks didn't work. Left orbit shot impossible due to some kid screwing on the ball guide rail way too tight and a ball basically didn't fit between the guide rails. Game had many holes drilled over and over in an attempt to mount guide rails and other stuff. As if someone was building a prototype and just keep changing hole locations! lol
I sent me game back to get fixed. They refused and gave me a refund. I lost money on shipping it back.
Never got to play a full game.
Spooky refused to refund me for an Ultraman and Halloween with a promise they are now making quality games in their new location, bt I had same issues with my Ultraman. Send out balls randomly. Never ending Multiballs. Left orbit never registered (switch location was just wrong!)
Game did random reboots
Sold Ultraman for a $3k loss.
F-Spooky 100%
After a decade of making pins the quality is just as bad or worse from day One.
Their code is a joke. Worse than any early 80s Solid State pin.
Terrible diagnostic features, missing most options that are in EVERY other pin. Like resetting the high score and basic stuff like that.
Just an amateur built POS that really doesn't belong in any tournament or on-location.
All of these issues are still going on today, even with the new build of TNA! A game they have made before! lol
Extra holes drilled in playfield until they get it right. Mistakes all over the place.
I wish they sold games as a kit and I would have built my own 10x better than they do.

If I was going to spend $10K - 13K+ on a pin, I would only ever consider buying a HEP. Not saying things still can't go wrong but it would give me a better piece of mind with spending that kind of money rather than the way these manufacturers are sending these pins out.
If I had these issues like the ones you are having, my head would be spinning into orbit.

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So.. anyone else who asked for replacement parts did it resolve rather quickly?
I’ve been in contact with customer support and ensured my items X,Y,Z will be shipped out. That was little over 2 weeks ago. The tone sounded it would be sent out quickly.
I did send a follow-up email before thanksgiving week.
Just wondering other folks experience. Not concerned as it’s cosmetic replacement, but of course ensuring it’s not forgotten.

Did you receive or ask for a tracking #?

1 month later
#1664 1 year ago

Strange on how with all of these QC issues owners are having Spooky lately they haven't chimed in. With other threads they are usually very active in their participation with talking about issues and taking care of the customers. I'm not saying they aren't taking care of them but their silence on all of this just raises my curiosity of to why.

Quoted from DuffysArcade:

TNA CE#1 has finally arrived...undamaged. However the excitement of my first NIB pin wore off very quickly as I've immediately encountered a littany of issues with the game. Tried calling Spooky Service and it went to voice-mail...I guess I'll draft an email. Here are the issues:

- Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.

Anyone have any ideas? I checked the connectors and fuses on all boards. Reseated all connectors on the power distribution board.

Other issues:
- Backglass faded badly
- Tilt mechanism mounted too high (should be an easy fix)
- Trough piece missing allows ball to fall into cabinet
-Almost broke the backglass trying to remove it!
The game was shipped to me in Germany with a pair of side-cutting pliers laying inside the head! They were sitting behind the right speaker when I opened the backbox!

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

They've been (very slowly) discussing via email with me, but the fact is I'm approaching a month with a dead NIB sitting upstairs. They're plenty active in the scooby thread, though.

And when issues arise with Scooby.... Radio silence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=gjm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.