(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 73 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(623 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 34.
#1 1 year ago

Spooky announced a rerun of the game by Scott Danesi with preorders.
Are you considering one or not?
BAFD9467-3943-452E-9438-4157FC4101E4 (resized).jpegBAFD9467-3943-452E-9438-4157FC4101E4 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

Not at 9k.

#3 1 year ago

Agree. Would like to have a TNA some day, but I don’t believe it’s a $9k game.

#4 1 year ago

Something has got to give with these prices. This is not a $9000 game. Should be priced slightly above the Stern Home Pins

#5 1 year ago

Was talking with a former owner earlier today. I don’t miss it. I was fortunate enough to have 3 examples to play in my local area. I have countless games on it and witnessed Bowen in person get to the 9th reactor, which I’ll never do. It was a great, simple game with a great lock mech and soundtrack, but that novelty has worn off for a bunch of us.

Having said that, if you’ve always wanted one but couldn’t find one, here’s the chance. But at premium pricing, I’d personally skip this, even with those who like to suggest this is a Premium game. It’s freggin great for what it is, but it’s not a $9k game.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Something has got to give with these prices. This is not a $9000 game. Should be priced slightly above the Stern Home Pins

That's... wow. That's a pretty spicy take. I guess we'll see if Spooky makes them out of MDF, if the slings all fire at the same time, etc. etc.

I'll admit the price is a bit of a surprise for me. But I hate to break it to you -- pricing in the hobby has been on a hockey curve for the last 3 years. If I look at Spooky's last games, it was what -- 7k/8k/9k? I was kind of expecting it to be the middle number but if they're baking in all the options and charging the top number of their range, I guess it's not that big of a surprise. If it's not of value to you, cool. But I'm pretty sure Spooky isn't going to build you a Stern Home Pin.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

It’s freggin great for what it is, but it’s not a $9k game.

For you. It's not worth 9k for you. Which is great! We'll see if Spooky has priced themselves out the market or not in a few days. I'd personally rather have a TNA 2.0 Hyper Super Edition or whatever they're calling this over a GNR LE. Or a TS4. Or a LZ Premium, Rush Premium, Deadpool Premium... again, this game has more value for me. Maybe I'm in the minority though.

#7 1 year ago

I already own the first edition, I would have considered to upgrade if it was enough of an upgrade such as new art or something like that, but it seems like the same game so not worth the trouble of buying and sell my old game.

I think it’s a $9k game but that’s my 2cents.

#8 1 year ago

I'd be interested in owning one but 9k is crazy

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

For you. It's not worth 9k for you. Which is great! We'll see if Spooky has priced themselves out the market or not in a few days. I'd personally rather have a TNA 2.0 Hyper Super Edition or whatever they're calling this over a GNR LE. Or a TS4. Or a LZ Premium, Rush Premium, Deadpool Premium...

I mean, you know I agree with this entire statement, except for the Deadpool part

#10 1 year ago

Uuhhh, add another option to the Poll Sir.
Already got an OG TNA, and its bolted to the floor.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I mean, you know I agree with this entire statement, except for the Deadpool part

I had to throw you SOME bait

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I already own the first edition, I would have considered to upgrade if it was enough of an upgrade such as new art or something like that, but it seems like the same game so not worth the trouble of buying and sell my old game.

Thanks, was curious if any original owners may upgrade if it had enough extras included.

#13 1 year ago

I was really planning on getting one of these especially after purchasing the last 2 spooky titles (R&M & Halloween).

However, I refuse to fight to hopefully get one of the 250 spots, plus for me, the game will cost over 10k which includes shipping and tax.

For these reasons, I'm out.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I was really planning on getting one of these especially after purchasing the last 2 spooky titles (R&M & Halloween).
However, I refuse to fight to hopefully get one of the 250 spots, plus for me, the game will cost over 10k which includes shipping and tax.
For these reasons, I'm out.

Yup… for me I agree about having to fight over 250 units. Man…. Bummer.

Have to sit on the sidelines. Would this make the value of original TNA’s increase or decrease in value?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yup… for me I agree about having to fight over 250 units. Man…. Bummer.
Have to sit on the sidelines. Would this make the value of original TNA’s increase or decrease in value?

I could end up being wrong, but this is no Halloween in terms of licensing. Only hardcore pinheads will want this (and many already have it). At 9k I think you won’t have to fight it out. I am sure flippers are gun shy after Halloween and TS4 ended up selling for losses. I am sure they will eventually all sell, but I think there’s a decent chance it won’t be a crazy insta sell out.

#16 1 year ago

I was really excited about TNA. But $9k…. I have to be out….. CC remake going for 8200 and that is a well built machine with plenty in it.

Not saying TNA is empty, it’s not but…thought pricing would be at CC or slightly lower…. High 7s

#18 1 year ago

I'm out.

#19 1 year ago

Out

#20 1 year ago

Over $13000 Canadian with tax. Too dear I fear.

#21 1 year ago

9k out.

#22 1 year ago

The only winners for this price hike are the current owners that just enjoyed a nice investment increase for doing nothing. It’s going to be a shame that 9k is going to be the new number for this title whether it’s going to be used or new.

#23 1 year ago

Spooky can shove the 9k, this combined with the horrible/shady halloween launch have put a bad taste in my mouth about this company

#24 1 year ago

I mean….It’s not a game for me, never was, but some folks sound silly on this thread. Every single TNA that has gone up for sale on pinside, in the last 10 months, has gone for 7-10k used.

Seems like Spooky priced it EXACTLY where it should be, though I assumed it would be 8500 myself.

#25 1 year ago

9k is a lot for lipstick. I would've considered if there had been changes to the playfield or gameplay.

So I am out.

I am also in as I own the original.

#26 1 year ago

Wow this game was 6K when it was released in 2017. How in the world are they justifying charging 3K more (9K) in 2022? I know they'll blame it on inflation but we all know it's just greed at this point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27 1 year ago

The plastic section over the ball lock should be clear plastic just in that rectangular section.

*opinion: I do not like the greenish yellow plastics. Fluorescent purple ish pink clear color would have been sweet.

5B406BA2-3DAA-496B-8F63-43ABAA0C6643 (resized).jpeg5B406BA2-3DAA-496B-8F63-43ABAA0C6643 (resized).jpeg
#28 1 year ago

I was hoping to get one of these but at 9k its an easy pass.

#29 1 year ago

Out, looking like getting priced out of new releases is going to be a common occurrence for me. Wanted one, still want one, but it's hard to overlook the original MSRP of $6k. Maybe you can push it to $8k given inflation and with all the bells and whistles but $9k has me out.

#30 1 year ago

I thought the second run was going to be in a full size cabinet?? Is it mentioned? $9000……….I’m out!

#31 1 year ago

Good luck to them. I'm sure they will sell out quickly regardless. I've played it, I enjoyed it, but every manufacturer thinking every game needs to push 10k is starting to look like fleecing. Maybe more than 250 would have allowed it to be cheaper (and maybe the small #'s is a big part of the reason it is so expensive).

I guess they want to get it while they can, and I'll sit on the sidelines like I did for many years. It's weird as I thought competition would drive prices lower or at least steady, and there just seems to be no ceiling.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I thought the second run was going to be in a full size cabinet?? Is it mentioned? $9000……….I’m out!

I keep seeing people say this, but why would you? Nothing physically changed about the pf which is the only part that matters.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I keep seeing people say this, but why would you? Nothing physically changed about the pf which is the only part that matters.

While I agree the playfield size and feel shouldn't change, I think people are just trying to understand how the upcharged 9K in cost is being justified. Judging by the responses it's clear Spooky missed their mark in gauging their own target audience. There will always be big fish in this hobby who can afford this cost and will probably still buy it, but releases this absurdly high are just bad for this hobby and when the high rollers complete their collection these same companies are going to wonder why their pins are not longer selling and will blame it that the hobby is dying. The same thing is happening with dealership markups, and it's just unfortunate it's now happening with spooky.

#34 1 year ago

Same price as a GZ premium? No way this price can be justified in my head.

#35 1 year ago

I just don't like how every game they make needs to be a limited number? Your never going to be legit to me with this business model. I would like to see this game put on a line for awhile at a more reasonable price point.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I just don't like how every game they make needs to be a limited number? Your never going to be legit to me with this business model. I would like to see this game put on a line for awhile at a more reasonable price point.

I’m with you on the price, but I don’t think this will be the last run if these all sell. They said there’s always the possibility of doing more in the email.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’m with you on the price, but I don’t think this will be the last run if these all sell. They said there’s always the possibility of doing more in the email.

In that case I'm holding out for the future TNA 2.0 which may have ramps and more stuff on it.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

In that case I'm holding out for the future TNA 2.0 which may have ramps and more stuff on it.

I think as a fan it's great that your holding out for TNA 2.0, but given Scotts vision was to do a retro like build and have absolutely no ramps, I don't see it happening as a TNA named machine. Maybe something else that he designs will have ramps similar to the way Rich and Morty had some. P.S. (Technically the shooter lane in TNA is a mini-ramp).

#39 1 year ago

The poll would be more useful if it were only for people who were thinking about getting the game and made their decision once pricing and features were revealed. Though some posts are of that variety, there's no way to tell how many of the "out" votes were from people who were never considering being "in" in the first place. And so we can't learn how much of an impact on potential sales the $9k pricing reportedly has had.

#40 1 year ago

I owned the game for about a year. It really is fantastic for what it is and was fun while I had it. In the end it did get repetitive and a bit stale. As already mentioned 9k+shipping is competing against Stern Prem and I just can't make sense of that. Overall costs going up is one thing, but this new price has pushed it up another tier. On top of that, a $2k non refundable and non transferrable deposit really doesn't sit well.

I hope Spooky sells all 250, but it certainly is not for me.

#42 1 year ago

FYI. 9K now before Tax and shipping, and if it sells out, they'll just make more.. maybe next run will be 12K since 9K would have sold out. Ouch!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#43 1 year ago

From 2017 to 2022 the Cumulative rate of inflation: is 20.9%.
As of now I'm out, no room.

#44 1 year ago

not trying to justify the price but the 6k in 2017 was a base model. You had to add knocker, shaker, speaker lights and all the fancy extras so it was far from 6K when it was all said and done

#45 1 year ago

I'm a huge Spooky fan but I'm out. It's not that I don't love this game, its that I shot my whole war chest on Weird Al. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with Spooky. I loved my Rick and Morty, and TNA was great while I had it. I will rotate TNA through my basement again in a few years, but it is not in the cards for me at the moment. In my head, I can't justify the price on this against other current offerings either. I'll absolutely try and do a temp trade for TNA in the future though.

I personally believe that TNA is one of the best pins out there. I feel like every "collection" with more than 3 pins needs an "ass kicker" pin where you can play a quick game without blotting out an hour of time just in case you have a great game. This spot is currently filled by Flash Gordon in my collection, but TNA would fill this.

As to is this a good move... guys, this is fantastic news from Spooky. They are making a game again, and they are not screwing over the original owners in any way making this. Additionally, with the complaints on other recent offerings (Spooky/Haloween) regarding shallow code, this move will allow their employees to put more code into that game and allow for the next game to be further along code wise before release. 250 pins doesn't seem like alot, but if Spooky is turning out 40 pins a week (+ retooling) this buys them almost 2 months of development time on the next pin and gives time to polish the existing code.

My only complaint from Spooky on all this (others can chime in on price) is... WHY AM I FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS ON PINSIDE?

I am a previous Spooky direct buyer. I am a member of the Fang Club. Why didn't I get an email like everyone else?

Good luck Spooky!

#46 1 year ago

Out.

#47 1 year ago

Far out man!

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Wow this game was 6K when it was released in 2017. How in the world are they justifying charging 3K more (9K) in 2022? I know they'll blame it on inflation but we all know it's just greed at this point.[quoted image]

You don't know that at all.
As a business owner I can tell you 2017 was a very long time ago in terms of the costs of doing business.
I agree it's too much for this machine, but I won't go out and just call it greed.
Since 2017 my labor, overhead, and direct costs have gone up at least 30-40%

Yes, some of it could still be a money grab ... but my guess is their profit % is not that far above what they got in 2017

#49 1 year ago

My memory from 2017 discussions was there was little meat on the bone for Spooky, even then. You can't run a manufacturing business that way forever, and 5 years ago is a long time ago.

There are lots of reasons for the price to be what it is, but I don't put "greed" at the top of that list.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You don't know that at all.
As a business owner I can tell you 2017 was a very long time ago in terms of the costs of doing business.
I agree it's too much for this machine, but I won't go out and just call it greed.
Since 2017 my labor, overhead, and direct costs have gone up at least 30-40%
Yes, some of it could still be a money grab ... but my guess is their profit % is not that far above what they got in 2017

Regardless of inflation, spooky has become another manufacturer raising price to a perceived collector value level. Are we going to see $11k used TNA next year, or will it be the $9000 gnr Le? Stern is probably next.... maybe that’s why they’re delaying the next release, so they can figure out what the price bump will be.

Regardless, it’s only 250 units being made. They will sell out first day.

Mike

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Wanted
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.