(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 34.
#401 1 year ago

You mentioned it 3 times Chris.
King Troll at work.

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

You mentioned it 3 times Chris.
King Troll at work.

Was about to say the same. If it's not him directly, the amount of toxicity in this thread is directly connected to him. It's funny watching his minions spewing vomit into threads that are the target of his current pitchfork orgy. Used to be haggis, now he's turned on Spooky.

#403 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

You are perhaps less concerned then the list of people who lost their deposits or some value on the hw debacle.

Nobody lost a penny of their Deposit. The balance owed remained the same.

IF they sold their space in line based on the impressions of hyperbolic forum chatters ike yourself, they forfeited that money.

As for 'Value'. Nowhere does any manufacturer claim that their pinball machines will maintain or increase in value.

Again, you are completely hysterical in your rhetoric.

#404 1 year ago

I was really wanting to get one of these as my first Spooky pin, but not at 9k. I'd rather get a packed Stern Premium at that price. Every day makes my decision to get CCr LE look better and better.

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nobody lost a penny of their Deposit. The balance owed remained the same.
IF they sold their space in line based on the impressions of hyperbolic forum chatters ike yourself, they forfeited that money.
As for 'Value'. Nowhere does any manufacturer claim that their pinball machines will maintain or increase in value.
Again, you are completely hysterical in your rhetoric.

Bro, come on, if you can't complete purchase for any reason you lose your deposit. Those are the facts presented in these forums, sure I suppose you can try to sell it for 1/2 off but good luck right now, I mean aren't there like a lot for sale right now?

Be reasonable man, you say there's "no risk" and "nobody lost a penny of their deposit". I don't know if those are true statements.

#406 1 year ago

Bro, come on, if you can't complete purchase for any reason you lose your deposit.

Those are the Terms of the Agreement you enter into when you place your Deposit.
Never been any other way.

#407 1 year ago

The only risk, and it's a pretty big one, is losing money on resale. There will be more TNAs in the marketplace competing against Godzilla and CCR etc. Prices are coming down, so I'd see this purchase as an instant loss at 9k, even at 8k.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's the risk for all..and I don't think you've been paying attention. All the companies require a down payment and usually non refundable and then you have to wait forever to get the game (except in many cases with Stern but in the last year that's even been a problem). You aren't telling anyone anything they don't already know.

I paid no money down on my GZ premium. Free shipping was offered as well but I paid an upcharge to ship to Alaska in all fairness. I doubt anyone else will ship here for 500 though.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I paid no money down on my GZ premium. Free shipping was offered as well but I paid an upcharge to ship to Alaska in all fairness. I doubt anyone else will ship here for 500 though.

Sounds like a great company, some companies have better policy's and such.

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Those are the Terms of the Agreement you enter into when you place your Deposit.
Never been any other way.

This is what you say.

#411 1 year ago

TNA 2.0 is 11k GBP in UK.
Most love TNA but struggled to sell it on used over here a number of years ago for 5k.

Pretty much, everyone is out at this price in UK.

Too steep for an original theme + some smoke and mirror additions.

#412 1 year ago

Zero risk? Tell that to people who bought a Zune.
Good luck

Wow. Congrats on the most inane comparison of all time. Worse than the usual carguments.

A good game is a good game forever.

Not sure how comparing a great game to an obsolete MP3 player is remotely relevant.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

BTW if anyone is looking to pick up a TNA I recommend Rob Anthony with Lock when Lit and Christopher with King Pin Games. -Good guys

Greatly appreciate it man. Unfortunately Spooky isn't allowing any distributors to sell this game. It's all through their website only.

And I agree, Chris at King Pin Games is a great guy to deal with for all your game buying needs.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#414 1 year ago

Absolutely love fast pinball, this game has to be one of the fastest pinball machines next to Mando Premium, I feel the need, the need for speed!!!!! Rather have owned and played TNA then die with an extra $2-3K in the bank someday. Or maybe it will never loose money? Who knows, but it has to be one of the most original pinball machines of all time!! Sounds are super enjoyable to get the blood moving!!!! That girls voice i can listen to all day!!!! And who isn’t fascinated by Nuclear Reactor’s???

#415 1 year ago

You are perhaps less concerned then the list of people who lost their deposits or some value on the hw debacle.

What is the Halloween debacle? I'm not sure what you're referring to? It looks like Spooky is well on their way to deliver the entire run of machines. Can you clarify what you're talking about?

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Unfortunately Spooky isn't allowing any distributors to sell this game

That is unfortunate they are not selling through distribution for this one. I have voiced my opinion before but I do think it is a conflict of interest to sell direct and through distribution. If you have loyal distributors that help market your product and handle warranty questions with support-why would you also sell direct? I can understand the TNA with only 250 units would be difficult to make everyone happy with allocation but if they had bumped it to 400 and had the distributors get involved-I think that would have been a better approach(9k and no meat on the bone left for distributors?)
I recently had a vendor contact me wanting to do business with me on some large projects. The problem is they sell direct and now they want to also sell through distribution. I politely replied that I am not interested-due to the conflict of interest. I told them to change their business model and then we can have a conversation. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That is unfortunate they are not selling through distribution. I have voiced my opinion before but I do think it is a conflict of interest to sell direct and through distribution. If you have loyal distributors that help market your product and handle warranty questions with support-why would you also sell direct? I can understand the TNA with only 250 units would be difficult to make everyone happy with allocation but if they had bumped it to 400 and had the distributors get involved-I think that would have been a better approach(9k and no meat on the bone left for distributors?)
I recently had a vendor contact me wanting to do business with me on some large projects. The problem is they sell direct and now they want to also sell through distribution. I politely replied that I am not interested-due to the conflict of interest. I told them to change their business model and then we can have a conversation. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Many many companies in many industries do this. It's a tricky thing, you have to be careful not to piss off your distributors too much. Spooky is definitely putting on a masterclass here in how to piss off distributors

I bet next pin they learn their lesson and allow dist to purchase so long as they are distributor tier spooky fan club members (only $4999 a year)

#418 1 year ago

Again I suspect that the will sell all 250, the final units might be a slow haul. Might.

There is always a portion of the crowd who will buy regardless of price. I suspect JJP is exploring the outer edge of this market to how far they can push the profit margin vs sales numbers. Once the price is too high the acceptable sales take a dive and then back the truck up.

Stern seems to have a nice sales formula with a menu with something for everyone.

Home -> Pro -> Prem -> LE

With Stern's size that works for them.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

so long as they are distributor tier spooky fan club members (only $4999 a year)

Oh don't get me started on the FOMO Fang Club. I love Spooky but I would change some things if I was Sr. Charlie. First is not selling direct and opening up the distribution chain like Stern has to cover most demographics while simultaneously increasing manufacturing capabilities(add 2 more lines). Next ditch the fake fomo fang club that is required to purchase a game(Is Stern insider required to purchase a game?). It all comes down to who will design the next few tables for Spooky and will they be stellar? I like Scooby Doo as a theme-but it would need to knock my socks off for me to consider. Now if they bust out Beetlejuice-watch out.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Next ditch the fake fomo fang club that is required to purchase a game(Is Stern insider required to purchase a game?).

Couldn’t agree more, straight cash grab that auto renews as well. Stern insider does give you access to a very small number of LEs, but you can still buy from distributors. You can’t buy any version of the game without fang club and it was even required to buy from distributors with Halloween. This practice and non refundable deposits hugely term me off to Spooky.

We’ll see soon enough, but I don’t think this is gonna be the insta sellout a lot of people are predicting…although it’s possible some games are played to make it appear that way. TS4 CE presented as a sell out day one but you can buy that now from tons of distributors.

#421 1 year ago

I'm a Spooky fan and I really hope they sell out, but if they don't they are really shooting themselves in the foot cutting the distributors out. Pinball nerds like us will buy direct, but if they are sitting on 100 pins at the end of the week and those numbers are not going down, how will they sell them? They can't cut prices (which manufacturers never do) without causing a storm. Are they going to trot them out to pinball shows like they did with America's Most Haunted?

As an aside... TNA is a great game. Danesi dun good with that one.

Good luck Spooky!

#422 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

What is the Halloween debacle? I'm not sure what you're referring to? It looks like Spooky is well on their way to deliver the entire run of machines. Can you clarify what you're talking about?

Please rescind the question for the love of pinball. We don't need this troll posting any more. He's completely talking out of his @ss.

#423 1 year ago

Why does she have belts tied to her legs and what's up with her jacket cuffs also being on the boots? I don't get what she is supposed to be at all.

c5f5ca9a51bc34d946b55b23cac10ea9c3eeff71 (resized).jpgc5f5ca9a51bc34d946b55b23cac10ea9c3eeff71 (resized).jpg
#424 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

We don't need this troll posting any more. He's completely talking out of his @ss.

FatPanda vs Fatdirk

-Jeesh Napoleon!

Napolean slap.gifNapolean slap.gif

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You don't know that at all.
As a business owner I can tell you 2017 was a very long time ago in terms of the costs of doing business.
I agree it's too much for this machine, but I won't go out and just call it greed.
Since 2017 my labor, overhead, and direct costs have gone up at least 30-40%
Yes, some of it could still be a money grab ... but my guess is their profit % is not that far above what they got in 2017

Business owner here too.

I priced a job in 2018...my quote was $4,400.

Customer calls me up 3 months ago, wants a new quote. $6,000.

Exact same job, materials, manpower, etc.

What has changed in 4 years?

Insurance is up 20%, my employees who were at $23 in 2018, are now at $30 (they need to afford their bills too), materials are up 60%, and my fuel is up 50%.

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Business owner here too.
I priced a job in 2018...my quote was $4,400.
Customer calls me up 3 months ago, wants a new quote. $6,000.
Exact same job, materials, manpower, etc.
What has changed in 4 years?
Insurance is up 20%, my employees who were at $23 in 2018, are now at $30 (they need to afford their bills too), materials are up 60%, and my fuel is up 50%.

My supplies for work have 2x in the last few months and in some cases gone up 5x.

In a few months, let alone 2018.

#427 1 year ago

9k and you still need to unlock the pay wall for a purchase. Yikes........

#428 1 year ago

It is a 250 unit run, a 2 month line filler until the next release. 250 released to distributors would have been kind of silly. Not the way I would have done it, but it isn't my company.

And man, this thread has brought out some inane, over the top chicken little posters. Sheesh.

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My supplies for work have 2x in the last few months and in some cases gone up 5x.
In a few months, let alone 2018.

I did an across the board 10% raise for all my employees September 2021, due to the inflation. In May 2022, I did another 10% raise for everyone...because of inflation. I can't have my employees suffer for things they can't control.

At shop rite, I used to get 3 packs of water for $9. Then it went up to $11 not long ago. It might be $13 now (I thought I saw that price last night, can't remember, it was late and I was tired).

To expect no inflation in pinball is not realistic.

Always remember, the invisible hand of the market will always dictate prices.

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Maybe re-read Adam Smith. There was no invisible hand involved in this. This is the result of poor policy based on bad theory.

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The people that hand over the money dictates the market from what ive been taught.

If Spooky charges 9k people will pay it, I bet if they charge 15k the same people will pay it. Consumers have the power to drive the market down just by not buying, but its impossible for pinheads to say no. For the 50 people that are mad about the price and being loud about it, there are 100 people in the shadows quietly counting out the money ready to pay. The anger should be directed towards the dummies that are buying because when these sell out in 10 minutes all this bitching will be for nothing because 250 people will prove that 9k isnt a problem.

I for one will not be buying for 9k, simply because its 9k no other reason, so what does my protest get me? Absolutely nothing. Literally. And someone else will gladly pay it. The only way this crap stops is if all pinheads stop handing over the money.

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I did an across the board 10% raise for all my employees September 2021, due to the inflation. In May 2022, I did another 10% raise for everyone...because of inflation. I can't have my employees suffer for things they can't control.
At shop rite, I used to get 3 packs of water for $9. Then it went up to $11 not long ago. It might be $13 now (I thought I saw that price last night, can't remember, it was late and I was tired).
To expect no inflation in pinball is not realistic.

Are you hiring?

#433 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why does she have belts tied to her legs and what's up with her jacket cuffs also being on the boots? I don't get what she is supposed to be at all.[quoted image]

She’s from the future and needs to destroy the reactors while listening to techno-synth. It makes sense.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe re-read Adam Smith. There was no invisible hand involved in this. This is the result of poor policy based on bad theory.

We don't know yet.

What if Spooky has 200 unsold units and they need to discount them?

#435 1 year ago

This is what you say.

4E0F3991-2866-49D1-B12D-0DBF3EB66623 (resized).png4E0F3991-2866-49D1-B12D-0DBF3EB66623 (resized).png
#437 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We don't know yet.

But we do. Inflation is the reason a 7.5k product is now priced at 9k. It is not just pinball.

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

She’s from the future and needs to destroy the reactors while listening to techno-synth. It makes sense.

Not those leg belts.

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

The people that hand over the money dictates the market from what ive been taught.
If Spooky charges 9k people will pay it, I bet if they charge 15k the same people will pay it. Consumers have the power to drive the market down just by not buying, but its impossible for pinheads to say no. For the 50 people that are mad about the price and being loud about it, there are 100 people in the shadows quietly counting out the money ready to pay. The anger should be directed towards the dummies that are buying because when these sell out in 10 minutes all this bitching will be for nothing because 250 people will prove that 9k isnt a problem.
I for one will not be buying for 9k, simply because its 9k no other reason, so what does my protest get me? Absolutely nothing. Literally. And someone else will gladly pay it. The only way this crap stops is if all pinheads stop handing over the money.

Was the thinking about this a little whilst driving to work… at 250 units, this is an LE model for any other manufacturer.
Add the Hooked lighted side rails and other small bits to tart it up, raise the price to 11-12K and call it the LE model.

#440 1 year ago

Zero risk? Tell that to people who bought a Zune.
Good luck

Wait Spooky is selling Zunes now? Do they have a preorder link yet??

#441 1 year ago

Going back and fourth on this one, what the hell .. you only live once right?

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Kaneda says everything !

Borat from kazakhstan? Great success!

#443 1 year ago

Im a Fang Club member that signed up in March specifically for this...I am not buying. I also never received my welcome gift, thanks Spooky!

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

For the 50 people that are mad about the price and being loud about it, there are 100 people in the shadows quietly counting out the money ready to pay. The anger should be directed towards the dummies that are buying because when these sell out in 10 minutes all this bitching will be for nothing because 250 people will prove that 9k isnt a problem.

The pinball consumer crowd is one of the few groups that loves to throw money at anything at any price and then brag about it. I find that to be so odd even if you can afford it. Why brag about overpaying or getting ripped off? Why is that a badge of honor to some? I can afford a $9,000 TNA no problem but I just don’t think it’s worth it even if it’s fun and I can afford it. Full disclosure - I love TNA. Anyway, I don’t get it and probably never will.

#445 1 year ago

Anyone who brag's they over payed is a fool. Won't be in the hobby long.

I wanted to be in. I really did . However price tag is out of scope for me at this point.

I thought that it would be within the realms of reasonable price. Like a American Pinball machine or Stern Pro.
Stuck with the Fang Club and thought a reasonable price would be announced.

TNA's success was due to the 'Affordable' price at the time and it made for a good secondary market experience to.
While this game is one of the best sound packages out there in the end it's only worth what the second hand market
will bear. So to loose 2 - 2500 on a purchase is not an option anymore for me after Ultraman had the soft start. Still
have mine until someone really wants it.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Going back and fourth on this one, what the hell .. you only live once right?

Just go for it. It's not gonna depreciate, and this might be your only shot to get in at this price.

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Just go for it. It's not gonna depreciate, and this might be your only shot to get in at this price.

Not going to depreciate, are you insane.. There are so many out there currently that are even better modded for 6500. This shark has been jumped. The entire pinball market is in a huge recession. It's one of the best kept secrets in pinball. Who would advertise they can't move inventory like they could in 2020-2021. We are right in the middle of a huge recession.

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from frunch:

Im going to go for it, but Im getting to the point may need to sell a kidney, testicle or maybe an ear, leaning towards ear.
Unless the machine is in stereo?

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

There are so many out there currently that are even better modded for 6500.

Where are they? I want to buy them. Send me the link please!!

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

There are so many out there currently that are even better modded for 6500.

Not NIB there aren't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chester, OH
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 33.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jeffersontown, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.