(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 73 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(623 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I was also thinking of getting WOZ, but I’m digging games that could be similar to TNA.

Yes! Simple rules + fast ball times = fun pinball!

#1652 1 year ago

You gotta have some Major Cognitive Delay to Downvote a Post suggesting you Inspect Your Pin! before introducing power to it.

#1653 1 year ago

It had more to do with your presentation. But you do you…

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

It had more to do with your presentation.

You sound like my girlfriend. It fits.

#1655 1 year ago

That’s what I mean. Thank you for saving me the trouble…

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Received #137 yesterday. I unboxed the game in front of the delivery guy, found no major problems, and signed for it…
Good and bad.
The packaging (butter cab) was exceptional and the game is beautiful.
A buddy and I set the game up and everything looked great until I tried to launch the first ball. The auto shooter fork would not retract and I could not launch a ball. So I turned the machine off and lifted up the playfield. Doing so we immediately saw a coil dangling by its wires with an immediate electric arc…not good. The autolauncher coil is screwed into the bottom of the playfield with FOUR screws- all four were out. WTF!! Was somebody troubleshooting something and forget to reinstall?
We looked for screws and the autolauncher spring- found the spring and two screws. Whew. Unfortunately, I potentially also had an electric problem as well from the coil arc.
So we reinstalled the autolauncher and booted up the game- bottom flippers dead- the upper one still worked as well as the lights. ?Fuse - ?Fried board
I looked up the manual online- no help with fuses or electric problems. We looked under the playfield as well as the back box for any fuses- found four of them on the power board (I assume it is the power board). We found the blown fuse and the next challenge was finding strong enough readers to figure out what fuse was required. Fortunately I had several boxes of various fuses and found the proper one. No fried boards that we could see.
So, we fired up the game…seemed to be working wonderfully. There is some static on the speakers during start up (?normal). The flippers worked great and the game is a blast.
Unfortunately I noticed that the beacon and the speaker lights did not work. I ran the beacon test-nada.
So, not a great first encounter. But a really fun challenging game.
Current problems- speaker hum and static on boot up. Beacon and speaker lights not working (possibly other lights/mechs out but I have noticed). Any input from you all would be awesome. I did email Spooky.
I have pictures to follow.

Spooky…. Smh

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

Is there a sticker on the cabinet under the lockdown bar? Curious because there are now 4 closely sequential pins (mine included) that are all DOA/having serious issues. See post in the club thread.

Thanks for the reply and input. Turns out, everything is OK and was probably a problem with shipping. See my other post.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1658 1 year ago

TNA CE#1 has finally arrived...undamaged. However the excitement of my first NIB pin wore off very quickly as I've immediately encountered a littany of issues with the game. Tried calling Spooky Service and it went to voice-mail...I guess I'll draft an email. Here are the issues:

- Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.

Anyone have any ideas? I checked the connectors and fuses on all boards. Reseated all connectors on the power distribution board.

Other issues:
- Backglass faded badly
- Tilt mechanism mounted too high (should be an easy fix)
- Trough piece missing allows ball to fall into cabinet
-Almost broke the backglass trying to remove it!
The game was shipped to me in Germany with a pair of side-cutting pliers laying inside the head! They were sitting behind the right speaker when I opened the backbox!

20230103_193928 (resized).jpg20230103_193928 (resized).jpg20230103_204537 (resized).jpg20230103_204537 (resized).jpg

20230103_211607 (resized).jpg20230103_211607 (resized).jpg20230103_211615 (resized).jpg20230103_211615 (resized).jpg

20230103_212116 (resized).jpg20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
#1659 1 year ago

Seems like too many issues with these lately. What's going on?

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Seems like too many issues with these lately. What's going on?

A complete lack of QC

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

The game was shipped to me in Germany with a pair of side-cutting pliers laying inside the head! They were sitting behind the right speaker when I opened the backbox!

Those are nice ones at least.

34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg

#1662 1 year ago

I found a screw driver in my NIB Godzilla. It happens.

#1663 1 year ago

All collectors edition artisan pinball machines come with an actual tool involved in its creation. Should probably put it in the goodie bag though…

#1664 1 year ago

Strange on how with all of these QC issues owners are having Spooky lately they haven't chimed in. With other threads they are usually very active in their participation with talking about issues and taking care of the customers. I'm not saying they aren't taking care of them but their silence on all of this just raises my curiosity of to why.

Quoted from DuffysArcade:

TNA CE#1 has finally arrived...undamaged. However the excitement of my first NIB pin wore off very quickly as I've immediately encountered a littany of issues with the game. Tried calling Spooky Service and it went to voice-mail...I guess I'll draft an email. Here are the issues:

- Every coil controlled by board A5 are dead. Going into the coil test, and during game play. Gackbox GI, Beacon, shaker, upper flipper, etc.
- All LED score displays are dead. 5v is present at the display board. Tried reseating the USB cable. Tried swapping to a different USB port. Totally dead.

Anyone have any ideas? I checked the connectors and fuses on all boards. Reseated all connectors on the power distribution board.

Other issues:
- Backglass faded badly
- Tilt mechanism mounted too high (should be an easy fix)
- Trough piece missing allows ball to fall into cabinet
-Almost broke the backglass trying to remove it!

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Strange on how with all of these QC issues owners are having Spooky lately they haven't chimed in. With other threads they are usually very active in their participation with talking about issues and taking care of the customers. I'm not saying they aren't taking care of them but their silence on all of this just raises my curiosity of to why.

They've been (very slowly) discussing via email with me, but the fact is I'm approaching a month with a dead NIB sitting upstairs. They're plenty active in the scooby thread, though.

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

They've been (very slowly) discussing via email with me, but the fact is I'm approaching a month with a dead NIB sitting upstairs. They're plenty active in the scooby thread, though.

And when issues arise with Scooby.... Radio silence.

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

There's more to life than Pinside, and if you're busy making games you can not prioritize hanging out on forums. I think we all understand that.

But, that said, when they want to promote something there are ghost avatars everywhere. They're a growing company, not just a scrappy community thing, just part of that process I suppose.

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

And when issues arise with Scooby.... Radio silence.

They've been consistently active in the HWN thread despite reports of issues.

#1670 1 year ago

CE#1 repair progress posted in the main forum...

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

#23 butter arrived and is set up
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that’s impressive.

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

that’s impressive.

It's also currently for sale!

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

It's also currently for sale!

Machine - For Trade

TNA (CE) w/Butter Cabinet

Featured

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “TNA CE#23 with Butter Cabinet ($1,000 upgrade) direct printed onto cabinetry then clear coated several times.

Unboxed last month. I had envisioned this being a great co-op game to...”

2 days ago

Altoona, PA

TheGunnett

Trade

TheGunnett doesn’t mess around.

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

Anyway, curious to know what the current # of the 250 we're at for anyone who has recently picked up a TNA CE. They've gotta be getting close to finishing the run, right? Don't want to miss my chance before I get an opportunity to play in person.

I checked today and they are still selling them.

Max

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well, crap folks.. that is sucky. I had #2 delivered with only cosmetic issues so far. QC checked out for my machine…
My inspection stamp was located below the lockdown bar.
Hope you guys get your problems resolved. This game is super fun and sure is a nice fish breath of air after playing long games on my other machines.
I was also thinking of getting WOZ, but I’m digging games that could be similar to TNA.

I’ve been thinking of selling my WoZ for a faster game myself. When I was new to pinball I liked the idea of a long game, but lately I find myself enjoying a faster paced game. The WoZ is truly a thing of beauty to look at though. I’ve never seen a “world under glass” like it.

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

I’ve been thinking of selling my WoZ for a faster game myself. When I was new to pinball I liked the idea of a long game, but lately I find myself enjoying a faster paced game. The WoZ is truly a thing of beauty to look at though. I’ve never seen a “world under glass” like it.

Sell sell sell. I bet you get some good money for it.

#1677 1 year ago

Had to dowel the holes under the playfield and remount the sling mechs to make this thing playable.
Guess that’s the boutique charm…

D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpegD16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
#1678 1 year ago

It’s so funny, there are all these issues with these games. You got scenarios like this one where I’m fixing a $10k machine with shish kebab skewers and meanwhile Spooky is probably doing this reading all these comments

0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I believe it's pronounced BOOtique.

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I believe it's pronounced BOOtique.

Well your game plays like it’s supposed to now so you should rake in 10’s of dollars over the next year or so.

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s so funny, there are all these issues with these games. You got scenarios like this one where I’m fixing a $10k machine with shish kebab skewers and meanwhile Spooky is probably doing this reading all these comments
[quoted image]

There's an awful lot of ghost avatars in the Scooby thread and about zero in the TNA thread...

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

[quoted image]

Looks like you got a lemon if you're having to modify sling placement under the playfield. I would be sending it back before I went to that extent and I own four Spooky games.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Looks like you got a lemon if you're having to modify sling placement under the playfield. I would be sending it back before I went to that extent and I own four Spooky games.

I believe most of the CEs need this same adjustment. They were all installed wrong from the factory. The kicker is up against the sling rubber making the stitches insensitive.

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Quoted from Deez:

I believe most of the CEs need this same adjustment. They were all installed wrong from the factory. The kicker is up against the sling rubber making the stitches insensitive.

Before the major surgery the arm of the sling was pressing into the rubber. When you pull the mech you see the original holes and the actual holes in the wood. The problem is the original holes put the arm a mile away from the sling rubber and the switches would need to be mangled super far forward to register action from the rubber. And then the arm hardly made it to the rubber to kick the ball.
Deez has a bunch of spook games at the brewery also so I gauged the distance on Rick and morty for reference and the screw needed to be right in the middle of the 2 holes. Hence the need for a dowel or otherwise it would be an even bigger mess.
Scott suggested drilling out the metal of the mech to make it adjustable but a $5 dowel from Ace Hardware basically gave us a blank template to line it up and screw it in where it was supposed to go.

Then we played the absolute shit out of it after that

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

#1686 1 year ago

New populated playfields for everyone.

1 week later
#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

See above.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WTF Spooky? Thank god they do not manufacture cars or carnival rides. The QC is terrible.

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

WTF Spooky? Thank god they do not manufacture cars or carnival rides. The QC is terrible.

This has already been determined to be user error due to not inspecting with a fine tooth comb after unboxing…

#1690 1 year ago

So what is the point of the inspected by sticker on the pin.

2 months later
#1691 11 months ago
Quoted from tectonyc:

They only care about the newest. They make promises they never deliver on too like finishing the code in Rob Zombie which never happened

3 months later
#1692 8 months ago

#190 delivered yesterday

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpegCCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg

BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpegBC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg

#1693 8 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Had to dowel the holes under the playfield and remount the sling mechs to make this thing playable.
[quoted image]

Which swing was the issue with so I can check mine please? I haven't noticed any issues so far

#1694 8 months ago
Quoted from j69:

Which swing was the issue with so I can check mine please? I haven't noticed any issues so far

Check this post out just a few lower than the one you quoted:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/34#post-7347410

The arm of the kicker was pushing the rubber from the sling forward because it was installed so far forward. The ball would hit the sling and the arm wouldnt allow the rubber to press the switches.

#1695 8 months ago

If it ain’t broke. Don’t fix it!

#1696 8 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Check this post out just a few lower than the one you quoted:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/34#post-7347410
The arm of the kicker was pushing the rubber from the sling forward because it was installed so far forward. The ball would hit the sling and the arm wouldnt allow the rubber to press the switches.

I believe he was asking which sling it was. Looks to be the right-hand one, the one nearest the shooter lane…is that correct?

#1697 8 months ago
Quoted from maxpower:

I checked today and they are still selling them.
Max

I have #213 and received about a month ago. I know of someone who has #217 on order but is still waiting for it to get squeezed into the queue with all the Scoobys.

#1698 8 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I believe he was asking which sling it was. Looks to be the right-hand one, the one nearest the shooter lane…is that correct?

I had to do it to both sides

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
10,000 (Firm)
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/34?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.