(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.
#1501 1 year ago

#109 scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Spent the last few days cleaning up the pool house, pulled Dirty Harry to make room and created an info placard for it already. We ready.
30CDFD5F-A067-4DE4-ACEA-21012BA3D01F (resized).jpeg30CDFD5F-A067-4DE4-ACEA-21012BA3D01F (resized).jpeg
7D2EC95B-1377-47CA-9384-8CADB1A0C990 (resized).jpeg7D2EC95B-1377-47CA-9384-8CADB1A0C990 (resized).jpeg

#1502 1 year ago

I appreciate everyone keeping us updated on invoice/build/delivery times! I'm holding out some hope that #170 might make it here to Seattle in time for me to play it while I have time off around Christmas. No final invoice for me as of right now, but it's seeming like I might get on this week.

In the meantime my big box of mods is waiting. I've gone for:

* Black shooter rod housing
* Radioactive symbol shooter rod
* Light up side rails
* Decals
* Pink protector plastics (planning to mix and match w/the factory green)
* Ball baron Ninja balls

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from negz:

I appreciate everyone keeping us updated on invoice/build/delivery times! I'm holding out some hope that #170 might make it here to Seattle in time for me to play it while I have time off around Christmas. No final invoice for me as of right now, but it's seeming like I might get on this week.
In the meantime my big box of mods is waiting. I've gone for:
* Black shooter rod housing
* Radioactive symbol shooter rod
* Light up side rails
* Decals
* Pink protector plastics (planning to mix and match w/the factory green)
* Ball baron Ninja balls

I haven’t received an invoice yet either and I’m 10 spots ahead of you. Was thinking the same… any day now.

I’ll post when I get an invoice.

#1504 1 year ago

#158, just received the final invoice!

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from mr_penguin:

#158, just received the final invoice!

73F9D60B-4BB0-4B25-8ABB-D114ADA7E546 (resized).jpeg73F9D60B-4BB0-4B25-8ABB-D114ADA7E546 (resized).jpeg
#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from negz:

No final invoice for me as of right now, but it's seeming like I might get one this week.

Today, even! Final invoice received and paid for #170 just now.

#1507 1 year ago

Final invoice received!

#1508 1 year ago

#70 arrived on Monday. It had shipped late on Monday(21st) of last week, and made it to the destination terminal in Houston on Wednesday(23rd). Since R&L was closed on Thanksgiving and the day after, I didn't receive it until the following Monday. Just for delivery time reference, I live about 90 miles or so east of Houston. I probably could have gotten it on Thursday, had there been deliveries that day.

#1509 1 year ago

TNA CE #58 arrived safely today! Looks and plays excellent!
And the butter cabinet is sublime!
66644AF1-FFB0-4F2C-847E-C0C05A081C7B (resized).jpeg66644AF1-FFB0-4F2C-847E-C0C05A081C7B (resized).jpegCDAC3899-DB87-43DA-A834-1E645B78571B (resized).jpegCDAC3899-DB87-43DA-A834-1E645B78571B (resized).jpegD668B63A-4020-4E71-A384-A64D041A0A42 (resized).jpegD668B63A-4020-4E71-A384-A64D041A0A42 (resized).jpegD95975DC-E55B-4D16-A788-580060D5E910 (resized).jpegD95975DC-E55B-4D16-A788-580060D5E910 (resized).jpeg56589262-F8A0-4A67-851B-BE5141EB3F2C (resized).jpeg56589262-F8A0-4A67-851B-BE5141EB3F2C (resized).jpeg

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

TNA CE #58 arrived safely today! Looks and plays excellent!
And the butter cabinet is sublime!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I also have the butter cabinet, and I am guessing that is why it took a little longer to come in.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from dpdwos:

Looks great! I also have the butter cabinet, and I am guessing that is why it took a little longer to come in.

Butter does take longer, but when you unwrap it and see it in person for the first time… wow!
My game was to be delivered yesterday but didn’t show up until today. The driver told me he got bit by a dog and had to go home early. Hazards of the delivery job, I guess.

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Butter does take longer, but when you unwrap it and see it in person for the first time… wow!
My game was to be delivered yesterday but didn’t show up until today. The driver told me he got bit by a dog and had to go home early. Hazards of the delivery job, I guess.

It definitely pops in person! I have a twin brother that has a Halloween CE with butter, and that was the main reason I decided to get it. It really does look great in person.

While I was talking with my delivery guy on Monday, he mentioned that he has been with them for around 17 years. He said he actually likes delivering in my area more than in Houston itself, just because of the traffic. He didn't mention the dog hazard... LOL

#1513 1 year ago

TNA #109 showed up this morning (shipped Tuesday and I'm in TN.). Only had to adjust a few switches. Slingshots would machine gun and the flipper switches were a little too tight for my personal tastes. I like the button to travel about 80% in before firing the flippers and these were gapped more like 20%. For the left staged flipper buttons I set it at around 50%/80%. Works great.
All in all I'm really happy with the purchase and proud to have this one in the collection. Truly a unique pin.
IMG_9967 (resized).JPGIMG_9967 (resized).JPG

#1514 1 year ago

So.. anyone else who asked for replacement parts did it resolve rather quickly?

I’ve been in contact with customer support and ensured my items X,Y,Z will be shipped out. That was little over 2 weeks ago. The tone sounded it would be sent out quickly.
I did send a follow-up email before thanksgiving week.

Just wondering other folks experience. Not concerned as it’s cosmetic replacement, but of course ensuring it’s not forgotten.

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I’ve been in contact with customer support and ensured my items X,Y,Z will be shipped out. That was little over 2 weeks ago. The tone sounded it would be sent out quickly.
Just wondering other folks experience. Not concerned as it’s cosmetic replacement, but of course ensuring it’s not forgotten.

Spoke to them 11/17 and nothing yet as far as shipping replacement stuff. I kind of wish they didn't use the ! mark so much I take it as a negative when you say Sure! or I can send one of those as well! Like you don't really want to.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Spoke to them 11/17 and nothing yet as far as shipping replacement stuff. I kind of wish they didn't use the ! mark so much I take it as a negative when you say Sure! or I can send one of those as well! Like you don't really want to.

Morgan always uses the exclamation point. Most of her sentences in her emails end with one.

I wouldn’t take it that way. She’s is a very nice person, all of the Emery’s are.

That Scott Danesi guy though? He’s a different story….

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Lionman

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Did you receive or ask for a tracking #?

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Yes, got my replacement parts from them in about 2 weeks I thinkg. I do think they got overloaded at one point and were trying to fix the problems that we were all having (on pins headed out door), which probably had them backlogged on requests from folks you you/me asking for replacement parts on our existing pins. If I were running the company, I'd do the same thing - can't be passing defects down the line - and I'm sure it's a tough balance.

That said, this company has been nothing but amazing to work with thus far, at least for me. Totally transparent on problems, open to feedback, and reasonable to work with. Yeah, they made some mistakes on this one, but they're fixing those mistakes and answering the phone when I call, which is more than I can say for most companies these days, large or small.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I needed a replacement part and received it very quickly--2-3 days

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Spooky will take care of you. Its a family run business and that is Morgan that is speaking with you. Some things can take some time and persistence on your end but it will get solved. Morgan is great as well as everyone else there.

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtrzerocool:

9/1 - Ordered
11/3 - Invoiced
11/4 - Paid
11/21 - Shipped from Spooky
11/30 - Arrival

Here's my "overall" Sp00ky experience for reference: (CE# 138)

5-3-2022 = Joined the "Fang" Club.. (as 12-1-2022 I have yet to receive anything in the mail..)
9-7-2022 = Placed my order using the website & made the initial $2K down payment.
9-12-2022 = Requested via E-mail for total due. Paid remainder due the same day (w/tax) = $7,484.65.
9-12-2022 = ordered a Hoodie. Received it (Love it btw).

10-31-2022 = Sent an E-mail asking about approx production# they were on = "in the 30's"

11-3-2022 = Received the Butter/No Butter E-mail which also asked about the "Ship To" location.
11-7-2022 = Received a confirmation of the "No Butter" & shipping location.

12-1-2022 = ...as of yet - I have not received an invoice for the shipping amount/delivery date.

..Just posting for FYI.. Not rushing Spooky.. Would rather all the issues be corrected before receiving it.

Added 16 months ago:

12-3-2022 = logged into their website and it said the Fang Club kit shipped a month ago. Sent an Email to Sp00ky.
12-5-2022 = got the E-mail for shipping payment amount. Paid immediately.. The machine hipped out that day.!
12-6-2022 = machined arrived to my location!. Super fast.!!.. No damage = THANK YOU SP00KY and R&L shippers..
12-7-2022 = got shipping Email that my Fang Club kit will be delivered on 12-9-2022.. Whoo~Hoo.!!

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I've had nothing but prompt and consistent response from Spooky regarding parts or information on HW, RAM, ACNC and now TNA CE. In your case I wonder if Thanksgiving holiday and their 4 day work week had any impact on situation. Then of course there is/was black Friday, cyber Monday and all those Fedex/UPS deliveries ... My monies on Spooky coming through for you.

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Spooky will take care of you. Its a family run business and that is Morgan that is speaking with you. Some things can take some time and persistence on your end but it will get solved. Morgan is great as well as everyone else there.

Glad all are having good experiences. Actually, Morgan forward me to AJ.

Nobody here has mentioned this person yet, but it I’ve had only good communication with this person.

First correspondence was 10/27, then I asked for follow up with request to add more cosmetic fixes on 11/17. Nothing since.

No tracking…. Will give it end of the week.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I've had nothing but prompt and consistent response from Spooky regarding parts or information on HW, RAM, ACNC and now TNA CE. In your case I wonder if Thanksgiving holiday and their 4 day work week had any impact on situation. Then of course there is/was black Friday, cyber Monday and all those Fedex/UPS deliveries ... My monies on Spooky coming through for you.

You are also probably right. It’s a special time right now that some things get dropped due to the holidays. Not blaming anyone as I would do the same.

I’ll wait till next Monday to reach back out for another follow up if I get nothing.

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Nobody here has mentioned this person yet, but it I’ve had only good communication with this person.
First correspondence was 10/27, then I asked for follow up with request to add more cosmetic fixes on 11/17. Nothing since.
No tracking…. Will give it end of the week.

AJ helped me work out the bugs on my TNA...I think he's on the service side? Either way, #86 is now fully functional...

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

AJ is a sharp kid and knows his stuff!

Just don’t tell him that. It’ll go to his head.

#1528 1 year ago

Welp I'm starting to remember why I sold my OG TNA. Game didn't even make it a month on route. Drop target scoop opto fried on me and I don't have the part with me. I love the game but I'm going to give the quality on this machine a D-. Hopefully after the bugs are worked out it'll be better and I'll change my grade. It's neck and neck right now with the disaster that is alien.

PXL_20221203_150100795.jpgPXL_20221203_150100795.jpg
#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Welp I'm starting to remember why I sold my OG TNA. Game didn't even make it a month on route. Drop target scoop opto fried on me and I don't have the part with me. I love the game but I'm going to give the quality on this machine a D-. Hopefully after the bugs are worked out it'll be better and I'll change my grade. It's neck and neck right now with the disaster that is alien.
[quoted image]

That sucks man.. by any chance do you know how many plays were logged before the event? Just wondering the full picture.

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

[quoted image]

I am curious about the opto frying. I am not sure what that means, but the way these are set up the opto transmitters get no more than 75ma, which is well under their maximum and constant current capability, so there is very little risk of it burning out. Did the opto transmitter just stop functioning? Did a solder joint break? Did a connector fail? I am sorry you are not happy with the game. Please let me know as this is really good information for myself and the spooky team. Thank you,
--Scott

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Been playing TNA all week. Guy is a sadist.

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Been playing TNA all week. Guy is a sadist.

Guess that makes you and the rest of us that bought and want this game masochists.

Man he he is evil…

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

That sucks man.. by any chance do you know how many plays were logged before the event? Just wondering the full picture.

98 plays on the meter.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am curious about the opto frying. I am not sure what that means, but the way these are set up the opto transmitters get no more than 75ma, which is well under their maximum and constant current capability, so there is very little risk of it burning out. Did the opto transmitter just stop functioning? Did a solder joint break? Did a connector fail? I am sorry you are not happy with the game. Please let me know as this is really good information for myself and the spooky team. Thank you,
--Scott

I'm not sure if it's the receiver or transmitter side. My new cell phone camera must have an IR filter because I can no longer use it to test the transmitter. Wiring is good as I checked continuity and voltage coming to the transmitter. It was sitting at 5.3v when unloaded and 1.3v when plugged in which makes me think it's good.

The receiver works if I short the pins so the wiring is fine on that side. I didn't try disassembling another known working transmitter to see if the receiver works. I'm just going to replace them both.

I like the design of the game. I'm frustrated with the quality of it. It's just taking my back to the OG game I had because I kept having drop target errors I couldn't figure out that would cause the machine to be shut off when I'd service the location. I was hopeful all the bugs were ironed out cause the machine is a masterpiece.

Maybe this bad opto is a fluke.

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

98 plays on the meter.

I'm not sure if it's the receiver or transmitter side. My new cell phone camera must have an IR filter because I can no longer use it to test the transmitter. Wiring is good as I checked continuity and voltage coming to the transmitter. It was sitting at 5.3v when unloaded and 1.3v when plugged in which makes me think it's good.
The receiver works if I short the pins so the wiring is fine on that side. I didn't try disassembling another known working transmitter to see if the receiver works. I'm just going to replace them both.
I like the design of the game. I'm frustrated with the quality of it. It's just taking my back to the OG game I had because I kept having drop target errors I couldn't figure out that would cause the machine to be shut off when I'd service the location. I was hopeful all the bugs were ironed out cause the machine is a masterpiece.

Dumb question… are they aligned right or are they obstructed/dirty maybe? Also could just be a loose pin. I had that on Stranger Things and it was very touchy sometimes.

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

98 plays on the meter.

Thank you for the kind words about the game and then you for the response. Yeah something weird is going on here, the voltage readings are correct and are showing that the opto transmitter is working properly. Next step for me would be to put it in switch test and see what is up. Maybe the switch is reading intermittently for some reason.

#1536 1 year ago

Scott is Scooby doo your game design?

#1537 1 year ago

Does Pinball life sell the brass colored actuators for the drop targets as a stand alone part?

I need a couple.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you for the kind words about the game and then you for the response. Yeah something weird is going on here, the voltage readings are correct and are showing that the opto transmitter is working properly. Next step for me would be to put it in switch test and see what is up. Maybe the switch is reading intermittently for some reason.

It doesn't work in switch test. I took them apart to match them up and they still don't work. One of the components is definitely bad.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

It doesn't work in switch test. I took them apart to match them up and they still don't work. One of the components is definitely bad.

Please let me know which one, going on what you tested earlier, it is most likely the receiver.
--Scott

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How is she playing Chris?

pretty good , seems like im getting a few odd bounces off the metal guide/ramp at the top of the shooter lane. no plumb bob in box either, but no big deal. Damn this game is fast.

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

pretty good , seems like im getting a few odd bounces off the metal guide/ramp at the top of the shooter lane. no plumb bob in box either, but no big deal. Damn this game is fast.

The plumb bob is stapled in the cabinet behind the coin box. I thought that mine was missing too.

#1543 1 year ago

For those with washed out backglasses, is spooky sending a replacement? I just got my Ultraman and it appears to have the same washed out look when compared to the earlier glasses.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

For those with washed out backglasses, is spooky sending a replacement? I just got my Ultraman and it appears to have the same washed out look when compared to the earlier glasses.

Yes, but good luck getting the replacement to fit. Mine is wider than the original that came with machine and there's no way it's going in unless I want to risk snapping the cross bar.

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Yes, but good luck getting the replacement to fit. Mine is wider than the original that came with machine and there's no way it's going in unless I want to risk snapping the cross bar.

oh boy. That sucks. Well, I just reached out to AJ after 2 weeks of no updates to see what is the status.

Hopefully, when they send my replacement Backglass I don't have this problem. I am TNA CE #2 are you very close to mine? I wonder if we have similar build designs and maybe these Backglasses were adjusted after the discovery?

It is strange to me that the physical size would be different for the new version considering these machines are technically "Cookie cutters". Just built with real hands.

#1546 1 year ago

I'm #13. I'm sure they are slammed with customer service requests. It takes time to get to everyone. I've had a week pass before but they eventually get to it.

Your machine also probably has the defective ramp design. Are you getting lots of airballs or inconsistent launches? That ramp lip will slide out from under the orbit. They have a new design that fixes it. IMO, they should be informing everyone who got the defective part of the fix. Treat it like a car recall and send out a notice.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I'm #13. I'm sure they are slammed with customer service requests. It takes time to get to everyone. I've had a week pass before but they eventually get to it.
Your machine also probably has the defective ramp design. Are you getting lots of airballs or inconsistent launches? That ramp lip will slide out from under the orbit. They have a new design that fixes it. IMO, they should be informing everyone who got the defective part of the fix. Treat it like a car recall and send out a notice.

Gotcha. Sadly, I have a hard deadline I need to meet for work before Christmas vacation starts. I’ll make a point to play the game today… but I wonder if the shaker moves the ramp to lift up? That shaker is violent.

After I pushed down and aligned the ramp in its proper place it been fine.. only played about 20 games so far.

I’m still not calling it fully fixed. I should have my kids play it to see how it behaves too.

#1548 1 year ago

Just got confirmation #170 will ship out tomorrow.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from negz:Just got confirmation #170 will ship out tomorrow.

Non-butter?

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

They sent you a backglass that’s physically wider than the one that shipped with the game??

Can you lay one on top of the other and take a picture to show how much wider?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/31?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.