(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 34.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddyrockstar:

Only half ass paying attention to CE numbers when posted by others on this and the TNA Club forum; my unofficial and unscientific results are such...
Week one of sales to CE 138 sold
Week 2 got to CE145 (that's my number and I ordered the 1st hour the 1st day sales opened to the GP.
Weeks 3- 8 (which gets us to Oct 23) brings us to CE 170 (post #1319 from this thread).
I might have seen a post since Oct. 23 but not sure and don't feel like looking for it.

I'm thinking this is the last batch of TNA's that will be made.I wonder if they are going to make the full run regardless, or make what has sold.If 170 sold I would stop them at 200 and maybe make more 3 -5 years from now.

#1452 1 year ago

Let's see how sturdy she is. The new amp spooky sent me fixed my sound issue and she's rocking now. Time to share her with the public. If you're in NE Ohio, you can give it a play at Madcap Brew Co by Kent State.

IMG_20221120_132948_513.jpgIMG_20221120_132948_513.jpg
#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Let's see how sturdy she is. The new amp spooky sent me fixed my sound issue and she's rocking now. Time to share her with the public. If you're in NE Ohio, you can give it a play at Madcap Brew Co by Kent State.
[quoted image]

That back glass looks washed out... is Spooky sending you a new one?

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

yeah that looks like shit.

#1455 1 year ago

Yeah. They're sending me a new one. That one is totally shit. I had to wait for the amp to come in because mine was broken and I didn't want to wait any longer to put it on route.

#1456 1 year ago

Cross posting this from the other TNA thread, as this lane ramp problem I'm having is driving me nuts...

Putting a call out to anyone who knows how to fix a poor factory installed shooter lane ramp on TNA 2.0.

1. Inconsistent ball launches since setup. (airballs flying up and out of lane, banging off sides of orbit upon entry, dribblers...)
2. Discovered shooter ramp is not staying in place at orbit. It pops up from under, making it 'springy'. I can tuck it back, but it pops loose.
3. Removed shooter ramp to discover FOUR holes. Whoever installed decided to move it farther up in the lane during build. Why would they need to do that if the specs are true?
4. Noticed orbit doesn't follow path of the playfield artwork. If it did, it might hold the ramp in place.

Any suggestions?

IMG_2348 (resized).JPGIMG_2348 (resized).JPGIMG_2349 (resized).JPGIMG_2349 (resized).JPG
#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

You're missing a part:[quoted image]

Thank you for bringing this to everyones attention. I'm also missing this part.

Starting to get the feeling these things were rushed out the door.

#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Cross posting this from the other TNA thread, as this lane ramp problem I'm having is driving me nuts...
Putting a call out to anyone who knows how to fix a poor factory installed shooter lane ramp on TNA 2.0.
1. Inconsistent ball launches since setup. (airballs flying up and out of lane, banging off sides of orbit upon entry, dribblers...)
2. Discovered shooter ramp is not staying in place at orbit. It pops up from under, making it 'springy'. I can tuck it back, but it pops loose.
3. Removed shooter ramp to discover FOUR holes. Whoever installed decided to move it farther up in the lane during build. Why would they need to do that if the specs are true?
4. Noticed orbit doesn't follow path of the playfield artwork. If it did, it might hold the ramp in place.
Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

I posted my observations and my fix on the other thread.

To sum it up here about the issue, your right metal orbit must follow the path. The shooter ramp slips underneath it which gives enough pressure to keep the shooter lane down.

Thus, preventing bad trajectory ball.

32E8C17A-99B0-45AD-B5C2-C5B7A34251F0 (resized).jpeg32E8C17A-99B0-45AD-B5C2-C5B7A34251F0 (resized).jpeg
#1460 1 year ago

Got the email from Spooky that TNA CE #58 is being loaded on the truck for delivery!

#1461 1 year ago

Since so many people asked. TNA decals target set is now back up for sale. Shipment set for first week of December.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/01381-total-nuclear-annihilation-target-decals

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Got the email from Spooky that TNA CE #58 is being loaded on the truck for delivery!

Mine got put on the truck yesterday!

#1463 1 year ago

Number 92 shipping today.

#1464 1 year ago

#109 payment requested/made, no word on shipping date yet. Obviously getting closer though!

#1465 1 year ago

Well the ball fell into the cabinet and I had to do a service call. Those that are questioning if the piece in the shooter lane that's missing is needed. It's a rare occurrence so far but it definitely can happen. I would definitely reach out to spooky to get one to install if you want to avoid balls falling in the cab.

#1466 1 year ago

Does anyone have a picture of my clear Drop targets installed? Since I don't have the game I'm wondering if someone can post one up so I can put it on my shop description page? I'm talking about these guys.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1467 1 year ago
6F6F36CB-9B80-4022-BC36-B0734B767085 (resized).jpeg6F6F36CB-9B80-4022-BC36-B0734B767085 (resized).jpeg
#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Thanks,
How do they look when the machine is on?
Be awesome if you could take a pic when the machine is on and ready to go with colourful lights

#1469 1 year ago
DAF8C103-1FA5-4AA5-984A-602FE2A6B218 (resized).jpegDAF8C103-1FA5-4AA5-984A-602FE2A6B218 (resized).jpeg
#1470 1 year ago

beltking do you give me permission to use your photos in my shop description?

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I posted my observations and my fix on the other thread.
To sum it up here about the issue, your right metal orbit must follow the path. The shooter ramp slips underneath it which gives enough pressure to keep the shooter lane down.
Thus, preventing bad trajectory ball.[quoted image]

So, is mine wrong then? That metal flap is under the lane….

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from RunninMan01:

So, is mine wrong then? That metal flap is under the lane….[quoted image]

Ok, mine is clearly wrong. I adjusted it, still having issue

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

beltking do you give me permission to use your photos in my shop description?

That’s fine

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from RunninMan01:

Ok, mine is clearly wrong. I adjusted it, still having issue

I’m not home to test mine out thoroughly. It worked for a bit when I did adjust it… hmm, if it continues to throw the pinball off the shooter ramp then it will require an updated unit. I’ll play around with this more shortly.

#1475 1 year ago

Just reading through the last 8 pages. Mind blowing how bad the QC is on this game.

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Just reading through the last 8 pages. Mind blowing how bad the QC is on this game.

Not gonna disagree with you, but I will tell you at least Spooky has taken our concerns and actually have rectified 99% of them.

I’ll soon have a few items to replace, minus the apron. That was the 1% at the moment that is not satisfied.

It took me months to get replacement part from Stern. I have a JJP machine as well, but yet to ask for a replacement part to see how long that takes.

Still, Kudos to Spooky being on top of customer service spite some of the little issues slipping through the cracks.

It happens to all manufacturers.

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Not gonna disagree with you, but I will tell you at least Spooky has taken our concerns and actually have rectified 99% of them.
I’ll soon have a few items to replace, minus the apron. That was the 1% at the moment that is not satisfied.
It took me months to get replacement part from Stern. I have a JJP machine as well, but yet to ask for a replacement part to see how long that takes.
Still, Kudos to Spooky being on top of customer service spite some of the little issues slipping through the cracks.
It happens to all manufacturers.

Jjp is quick to replace things too. Got email addresses from the main parts managers of stern and still nothing from 10 month wait. No emails back. Insane

#1478 1 year ago

Now it’s all down to waiting for that phone call from the delivery trucker to set up a day. Number 92 should arrive this week.

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Now it’s all down to waiting for that phone call from the delivery trucker to set up a day. Number 92 should arrive this week.

Hmm... Good for you if you get a phone call. Lately, 3 Pinball deliveries within this Calendar year I never got a phone call! They randomly showed up and rang my doorbell.

So glad I worked from home mostly this year to accept the delivery!

Soon, you'll also be playing TNA. Such a fast game.

#1480 1 year ago

Really looking forward to getting mine. I had an original S/N 35 (I think). The one at my local arcade is in “iffy” condition, so it’s not much fun to play. I’m looking forward to the gameplay on TNA. It’s so different from all of the other modern games out there. And Scott Danesi’s soundtrack is so awesome. Really amps up the tension when trying to blow up those reactors.

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

#92!!!

Awesome!

Let us know how things turn out and what’s been addressed with issues from the threads.

#1482 1 year ago

i got conformation #95 was going on truck today

#1483 1 year ago

#92!!!
Awesome!
Let us know how things turn out and what’s been addressed with issues from the threads.

I’m hoping for a high-contrast backglass and no issues out of the box.

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’m hoping for a high-contrast backglass and no issues out of the box.

Me too!

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Last year i got a POS NEW ACNC from Spooky with so many issues I returned it. Really bad! Lost many hours fiddling with it.

They refused to give me my refund deposit back on an Ultraman and promised that would be built much better.

I really wanted to end my relationship with them at that time.

Happened again. So many issues and I lost $3k on that Ultraman. Never buying another Spooky product NIB ever again.

Horrible build quality. Terrible code on Ultraman. They must have hired people from a local Burger King to assemble and code the pins?

TNA is an awesome game and the code for that is solid.
Too bad any other manufacture couldn't have built the new run.

#1486 1 year ago

#92!!!
Awesome!

#86 scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for a clean machine!

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from Jtrzerocool:

#86 scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for a clean machine!

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i got conformation #95 was going on truck today

So how long from when you guys got your invoice to pay for your game did it take until they said it’s ready?

I’m #160 so trying to get an idea.

Thanks

#1488 1 year ago

Well, R+L was to deliver today, so I took the day off and waited. Delivery window came and went, so I called for an update. Was told the driver had an emergency and was unable to complete his route. Would’ve been nice to be told that it wasn’t going to be delivered today, but they say it is on the schedule for tomorrow at the same time window, so luckily my in-laws will be able to wait for it.

#1489 1 year ago

So how long from when you guys got your invoice to pay for your game did it take until they said it’s ready?
Thanks

2 weeks for me: Notice of final payment due 11/15, paid 11/16, delivery set for tomorrow 11/30! Oh yeah!

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Last year i got a POS NEW ACNC from Spooky with so many issues I returned it. Really bad! Lost many hours fiddling with it.
They refused to give me my refund deposit back on an Ultraman and promised that would be built much better.
I really wanted to end my relationship with them at that time.
Happened again. So many issues and I lost $3k on that Ultraman. Never buying another Spooky product NIB ever again.
Horrible build quality. Terrible code on Ultraman. They must have hired people from a local Burger King to assemble and code the pins?
TNA is an awesome game and the code for that is solid.
Too bad any other manufacture couldn't have built the new run.

I didn't realize returning games was an option. How does that work? Do you drive it back to the factory?

Seems Spooky has a reputation for great customer service and horrible build quality. IMO, if you're going to call something a "Collectors Edition" and charge a premium price, the customer will be expecting a premium product, one that is manufactured and inspected with care and precision. There should be minimal adjustments needed out of the box. From what I've read here, it seems that rarely happens.

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I didn't realize returning games was an option. How does that work? Do you drive it back to the factory?
Seems Spooky has a reputation for great customer service and horrible build quality. IMO, if you're going to call something a "Collectors Edition" and charge a premium price, the customer will be expecting a premium product, one that is manufactured and inspected with care and precision. There should be minimal adjustments needed out of the box. From what I've read here, it seems that rarely happens.

How many message boards have you seen people post about how perfect their widgets are?
People typically post issues looking for help in resolving them.
I’ll certainly post my impressions of my TNA CE, hopefully tomorrow when it is rescheduled to be delivered.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

Game sent out extra balls randomly and the service menu did not show switch statues correctly to diagnose! Can you believe that?
Drain magnet never worked after fiddling with it for hours and hours. Always threw ball into the drain and not back into play.
Back orbit didn't register and would eat balls that may or may not return after a few days
Left wireform ramp never worked and ball bounced off it back into shooter lane or right drain lane or anywhere other than where it should have.
Both ball locks didn't work. Left orbit shot impossible due to some kid screwing on the ball guide rail way too tight and a ball basically didn't fit between the guide rails. Game had many holes drilled over and over in an attempt to mount guide rails and other stuff. As if someone was building a prototype and just keep changing hole locations! lol

I sent me game back to get fixed. They refused and gave me a refund. I lost money on shipping it back.
Never got to play a full game.

Spooky refused to refund me for an Ultraman and Halloween with a promise they are now making quality games in their new location, bt I had same issues with my Ultraman. Send out balls randomly. Never ending Multiballs. Left orbit never registered (switch location was just wrong!)
Game did random reboots

Sold Ultraman for a $3k loss.

F-Spooky 100%
After a decade of making pins the quality is just as bad or worse from day One.
Their code is a joke. Worse than any early 80s Solid State pin.
Terrible diagnostic features, missing most options that are in EVERY other pin. Like resetting the high score and basic stuff like that.
Just an amateur built POS that really doesn't belong in any tournament or on-location.

All of these issues are still going on today, even with the new build of TNA! A game they have made before! lol
Extra holes drilled in playfield until they get it right. Mistakes all over the place.

I wish they sold games as a kit and I would have built my own 10x better than they do.

#1493 1 year ago

Thanks

9/1 - Ordered
11/3 - Invoiced
11/4 - Paid
11/21 - Shipped from Spooky
11/30 - Arrival

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Game sent out extra balls randomly and the service menu did not show switch statues correctly to diagnose! Can you believe that?
Drain magnet never worked after fiddling with it for hours and hours. Always threw ball into the drain and not back into play.
Back orbit didn't register and would eat balls that may or may not return after a few days
Left wireform ramp never worked and ball bounced off it back into shooter lane or right drain lane or anywhere other than where it should have.
Both ball locks didn't work. Left orbit shot impossible due to some kid screwing on the ball guide rail way too tight and a ball basically didn't fit between the guide rails. Game had many holes drilled over and over in an attempt to mount guide rails and other stuff. As if someone was building a prototype and just keep changing hole locations! lol
I sent me game back to get fixed. They refused and gave me a refund. I lost money on shipping it back.
Spooky refused to refund me for an Ultraman and Halloween with a promise they are now making quality games in their new location, bt I had same issues with my Ultraman. Send out balls randomly. Never ending Multiballs. Left orbit never registered (switch location was just wrong!)
Game did random reboots
F-Spooky 100%
Terrible diagnostic features, missing most options that are in EVERY other pin. Like resetting the high score and basic stuff like that.
Just an amateur built POS that really doesn't belong in any tournament or on-location.
All of these issues are still going on today, even with the new build of TNA! A game they have made before! lol
Extra holes drilled in playfield until they get it right. Mistakes all over the place.
I wish they sold games as a kit and I would have built my own 10x better than they do.

If I was going to spend $10K - 13K+ on a pin, I would only ever consider buying a HEP. Not saying things still can't go wrong but it would give me a better piece of mind with spending that kind of money rather than the way these manufacturers are sending these pins out.
If I had these issues like the ones you are having, my head would be spinning into orbit.

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

How many message boards have you seen people post about how perfect their widgets are?
People typically post issues looking for help in resolving them.
I’ll certainly post my impressions of my TNA CE, hopefully tomorrow when it is rescheduled to be delivered.

I see lots of people singing praises for CGC's outstanding build quality on here.

In my own experience, I've had one NIB CGC and it was flawless. In 8 months of owning it, I had to adjust one switch. I've had one NIB Spooky, and one month of owning it, I've had to replace the amplifier, the backglass, the launch ramp, drill into the playfield, bend an orbit, tighten loose screws under the playfield, and adjust every sling switch... but maybe that's just the breaks of having an early build number.

But given the choice, I'll take not so great QC with an ultra-fun game over a flawless build on a game I get bored of.

TNA gameplay is the ultimate pinball experience, hands down. And so we come here find our fixes, give others a heads-up on things to watch out for.

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I see lots of people singing praises for CGC's outstanding build quality on here.
In my own experience, I've had one NIB CGC and it was flawless. In 8 months of owning it, I had to adjust one switch. I've had one NIB Spooky, and one month of owning it, I've had to replace the amplifier, the backglass, the launch ramp, drill into the playfield, bend an orbit, tighten loose screws under the playfield, and adjust every sling switch... but maybe that's just the breaks of having an early build number.

That sucks.

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Game did random reboots
F-Spooky 100%

You aren't getting the point. These are artisanal machines that need love and care and feeding. It's part of the charm. It's why they cost so much. You get to walk around and know you're better than everyone else around you; Notably the Stern people with their generic mass produced games. I was buying spooky before it was cool.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

F-Spooky 100%

waaaa (resized).pngwaaaa (resized).png
#1499 1 year ago

#95 delivered yesterday.

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

#95 delivered yesterday.

How is she playing Chris?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/30?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.