(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.
#1201 1 year ago

Yeah I paid Friday and spoke to them. Prob two weeks or so.

#1202 1 year ago

#1203 1 year ago

While I wait for my TNA CE, I had to pick up one of these. Very well done!CBD3CB33-243D-4FD9-A9A4-4CEC10E0B292 (resized).jpegCBD3CB33-243D-4FD9-A9A4-4CEC10E0B292 (resized).jpeg

#1204 1 year ago

Tossing out an odd request. I'm getting married on 11/11 this year and I'm #25 for TNA... if number 11 is on the forum and would be willing to switch for my 25, you'd make this wedding gift to my future wife perfect!

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from squeekj:

Tossing out an odd request. I'm getting married on 11/11 this year and I'm #25 for TNA... if number 11 is on the forum and would be willing to switch for my 25, you'd make this wedding gift to my future wife perfect!

There isn't a plaque or anything on the game so the number is actually meaningless. Just the order they get made.

#1206 1 year ago

I am selling my AIQ Premium to get this but I’ve never bought a Spooky before, can anyone indicate how long I should expect to wait if I order?

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am selling my AIQ Premium to get this but I’ve never bought a Spooky before, can anyone indicate how long I should expect to wait if I order?

I thought earlier in the thread they said they'd have them all built within 6 months over half we're sold so prob 3 months minimum.

#1208 1 year ago

Prob at 4-6 months out now. I just sold my aiq too and took a major lose on it to sell. Seems everyone has them for sale now.

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Spooky announced a rerun of the game by Scott Danesi with preorders.
Are you considering one or not?
[quoted image]

Really would like to be in on this, but the price is just too high. Happy for spooky though. Hope they can sell them all. I’d be in at 7,500. 9k is just too much.

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Just bought an AIQ and had a TNA on loan from a friend for a while. Definitely can’t see making that trade. Love TNA, but there is so much more in AIQ.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Really would like to be in on this, but the price is just too high. Happy for spooky though. Hope they can sell them all. I’d be in at 7,500. 9k is just too much.

Ha… it’s also a shocker when you find out Shipping to California is $765 with taxes of around $350…
So, $9K turned into $10K without Butter.

I could not justify butter cabinet even if I really wanted it.

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Ha… it’s also a shocker when you find out Shipping to California is $765 with taxes of around $350…
So, $9K turned into $10K without Butter.
I could not justify butter cabinet even if I really wanted it.

That’s tough. I went butter on ACNC. Don’t regret it at all because I love the art. The butter cabs are a really cool option. Pasted on R&M even though the art is pretty killer. Can’t imagine throwing butter on top of 9k for the new run of TNA.

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from squeekj:

Congrats!

Sorry, I’m way down in the 50’s because I didn’t know if I didn’t turn on the select credit card(s) to use option, I’d have to type it in again. Figured that was if you had multiple credit cards saved on Spooky’s store.

My wife of almost 11 years was born on the 11th of one month, myself the 11th of a different month, so we had to get married on the 11th of yet a different month.

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Just bought an AIQ and had a TNA on loan from a friend for a while. Definitely can’t see making that trade. Love TNA, but there is so much more in AIQ.

not to be argumentative, just discussing but you can say there is a lot more in Rush or AIQ than AFM or Tron for example that is not a great argument. I owned Tron and the code is basic compared to many of todays pins, and yet Tron is still one of the most requested pins and the price of Tron or AFM is up there just because they are great games.

TNA is never going to blow away these modern games with 30 pages of rules but it's a great game, I say TNA is a one trick pony but then to me that one trick is such a good one.

#1215 1 year ago

I ordered on day one and I'm number one-hundred-and-something (not sure exactly). I know it'll be several months but I'm looking forward to sharing this title at our pinball bar. I got to play it at a show a few years back and really enjoyed the light and sound show. Glad they did another run.
Yopp

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I say TNA is a one trick pony but then to me that one trick is such a good one.

This!!!!! 100% reason why I’m biting the bullet and getting this game. Sometimes I just want to play short games, but super fun. This one is it for me!!

I may have to get rid of my Star Wars if I cannot fit all my machines…. Can’t have them all. Besides Star Wars has pissed me off enough in a good way.

#1217 1 year ago

Anyone have a shipping date estimate yet?

#1218 1 year ago

I feel like the point about price and what machines have more has been beaten to death here.

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like the point about price and what machines have more has been beaten to death here.

The only things that will survive a nuclear war are cockroaches, Cher, and people on Pinside beating price discussions into the radioactive soil.

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

not to be argumentative, just discussing but you can say there is a lot more in Rush or AIQ than AFM or Tron for example that is not a great argument. I owned Tron and the code is basic compared to many of todays pins, and yet Tron is still one of the most requested pins and the price of Tron or AFM is up there just because they are great games.
TNA is never going to blow away these modern games with 30 pages of rules but it's a great game, I say TNA is a one trick pony but then to me that one trick is such a good one.

I very much agree TNA is a one tick pony and definitely agree it’s a ton of fun to play. My point was more to the point that I think you get a lot more for the money out of AIQ (never mentioned rush or anything else you mentioned). I love 80s SS games that are often simplistic and very rinse and repeat. But for me I wouldn’t swap tna for AIQ. That was the whole point of my comment.

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

you get a lot more for the money out of AIQ

A lot more rules, yeah. A lot less sound though

I had AIQ for 6 months and still think it's the best layout ever. But TNA's sound package and lightshow blow it out the water... They're just very different games.

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from Fubar:

A lot more rules, yeah. A lot less sound though
I had AIQ for 6 months and still think it's the best layout ever. But TNA's sound package and lightshow blow it out the water... They're just very different games.

Agree completely. But if I’m still offered a 9k tna vs an 8k AIQ, I’m going AIQ every time. Lights and sounds just don’t overcome that gap.

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Agree completely. But if I’m still offered a 9k tna vs an 8k AIQ, I’m going AIQ every time. Lights and sounds just don’t overcome that gap.

sigh, we get that you like AIQ more, but get ready as I'm about to blow your mind here; different people like different things in pinball. Some like super deep, maybe even byzantine rule sets while others like a game with more intensity and tension from moment to moment. It's not just lights and sounds either.

So yes, some people do indeed have more fun with a TNA than they would with AIQ and that might make it worth the price difference for them.

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

sigh, we get that you like AIQ more, but get ready as I'm about to blow your mind here; different people like different things in pinball. Some like super deep, maybe even byzantine rule sets while others like a game with more intensity and tension from moment to moment. It's not just lights and sounds either.
So yes, some people do indeed have more fun with a TNA than they would with AIQ and that might make it worth the price difference for them.

You completely misunderstand me. I like both games a lot. If they were both $7,500 I’d have a tough decision. But at 9k vs 8k it’s a no brainer. Obviously people like different things in pinball. I myself love everything from EMs to moderns, so you aren’t providing any kind of revolution for me. Clearly opinions are like…and all the latter come out in droves when their triggered.

#1225 1 year ago

These comparisons are so pointless.

If you want a TNA, buying an AIQ isn’t going to help you out. Doesn’t really matter what it costs.

#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These comparisons are so pointless.
If you want a TNA, buying an AIQ isn’t going to help you out. Doesn’t really matter what it costs.

But it soooo much fun to come to a thread that is clearly going to be leaning one way in terms of opinions and stir the pot

#1227 1 year ago

We went through this with Beatles.

“For that money, I could buy a BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!”

hey that’s great. Unless you want to buy a Beatles pinball machine.

I hardly agree with Ice about anything, but he’s spot on when he points out people care way too much around here about what other people do with their money.

#1228 1 year ago

I couldn't care less what others do with their money. I was sharing my opinion about what I would do with my own money. Gotta love the extrapolation on pinside. Always good for a laugh.

#1229 1 year ago

I mean yeah. But for a good laugh, why go to Pinside?

I could put on my old DVD of Airplane 2 if I want a good laugh! Seems like a better value.

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

This!!!!! 100% reason why I’m biting the bullet and getting this game. Sometimes I just want to play short games, but super fun. This one is it for me!!
I may have to get rid of my Star Wars if I cannot fit all my machines…. Can’t have them all. Besides Star Wars has pissed me off enough in a good way.

Star wars got me too. I love the rules and love a game that has clear scoring strategy, but if you can't execute on Star wars you're screwed.

#1231 1 year ago

Honestly some of my favorite music in a modern pin, but gameplay not so much. I can't even imagine spending that kind of a dough for a "dated" retro game when pro Godzilla is 7200.

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Honestly some of my favorite music in a modern pin, but gameplay not so much. I can't even imagine spending that kind of a dough for a "dated" retro game when pro Godzilla is 7200.

Sure, but I can’t get over the cheesy Godzilla cut scenes. It’s Power Rangers style all over again but Black/White. Granted, Godzilla is a great shooter along with its shots. Plenty.

Too subjective as we all see. Just buy the damn game you like to play. Pinball machines are meant to be played with.

TNA does that for me 100%.

#1233 1 year ago

byzantine rule sets

Upvote for no other reason than "byzantine"

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:I can't even imagine spending that kind of a dough for a "dated" retro game when pro Godzilla is 7200.

Had a Godzilla Pro. Got rid of it in under a month. I'd much rather have a TNA.

#1235 1 year ago

This is a "in or out?" thread. Expect some back and forth and differing opinions and comparing of games. If you want the rose colored glasses and similar opinions, go to the club thread and enjoy.

#1236 1 year ago

Most of us with TNA have large collections. We most likely have games with lots of rules. TNA is a hybrid it’s almost an like an older game but yet has modern lighting and sound as well as some new ‘party’ rules and bonus rules like speed run that you can enjoy in a quick game.

I owned LotR it was great but I didn’t enjoy it more than a few games, I ended up playing it less and less because it was so long playing.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Sure, but I can’t get over the cheesy Godzilla cut scenes. It’s Power Rangers style all over again but Black/White. Granted, Godzilla is a great shooter along with its shots. Plenty.
Too subjective as we all see. Just buy the damn game you like to play. Pinball machines are meant to be played with.
TNA does that for me 100%.

Its funny you say that because I traded my GZ Prem for a Rush Prem. Best decision ever

#1238 1 year ago

This is me. TNA is pure adrenaline

#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from RunninMan01:

This is me. TNA is pure adrenaline

Yup. It is joining my lineup with #the_walking_dead (talk about adrenaline with you're on a roll!) and Godzilla (Premium) (pure pinball fun!). I'm really looking forward to having people over when Total Nuclear Annihilation (CE) arrives.

#1240 1 year ago

So I picked up my first spooky pinball game yesterday, Alice Cooper for $6K. No tax or shipping. What a great game. I really feel like I got my moneys worth here.. and congrats on such a great design and license. Cheers!

#1243 1 year ago

Guess a couple of guys aren't diggin Alice. The animation is fantastic, not as good as the animation in TNA tho...which must have taken forever to accomplish.

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Guess a couple of guys aren't diggin Alice. The animation is fantastic, not as good as the animation in TNA tho...which must have taken forever to accomplish.

I dug my Alice Cooper - a fun game with a fabulous upper playfield! Loved the artwork/vibe too - especially with Medisinyl's mods added.

My only real criticisms would be the shots being a bit too tight and I wish the code was more developed to better capitalize on the use of weapons and multiballs.

#1245 1 year ago

Anyone heard the eta for these? I'm #33 and paid my invoice last week. I emailed Morgan but haven't heard back. I assumed in the next week or two?

#1246 1 year ago

Yeah I was told a couple weeks ballpark.

#1247 1 year ago

When did you all get a number for your TNA? I received an initial payment email, but didn't see anything but an order number

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from dssuski:

When did you all get a number for your TNA? I received an initial payment email, but didn't see anything but an order number

My Spooky email (with my TNA CE # in the header) came the same day I made the deposit. The email body had Q & A text but no further reference to the actual game # so check your email history and spam folder. Otherwise just email Spooky and I'm sure they'll answer right away. Congrats on your purchase!

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah I was told a couple weeks ballpark.

Morgan emailed me this morning and it sounds like it'll actually be a few months to complete the build which would tell me it'll be more than a few weeks.

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Morgan emailed me this morning and it sounds like it'll actually be a few months to complete the build which would tell me it'll be more than a few weeks.

You get an inv to pay in full? I’m 9 and paid in full.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/25?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.