(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.
#1151 1 year ago

Boys and girls check the email for those that ordered the CE. Just received my email asking about butter or no butter cabinet and shipping information. The time is soon coming for the CE run to begin!!!
Can’t wait to get my hands on it. No butter for me as I just bought wonka 2 months ago.

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Boys and girls check the email for those that ordered the CE. Just received my email asking about butter or no butter cabinet and shipping information. The time is soon coming for the CE run to begin!!!
Can’t wait to get my hands on it. No butter for me as I just bought wonka 2 months ago.

This is great news! I'm #25.. so imagine I'll get an email soon! No butter for me this time around.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

What # are you? I am 14 and haven't seen an email yet

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

What # are you? I am 14 and haven't seen an email yet

He’s #2, I saw his post and did a quick search

#1155 1 year ago

#4 and I got my email just now too. 10 at time maybe?

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

He’s #2, I saw his post and did a quick search

I wouldn't want to have a dual with that guy. Quick trigger at #2. Or he just has the fastest internet speed ever.

#1157 1 year ago

Let’s face it. The folks that own and operate Spooky totally nail it on customer service and public relations. Game design…not so much. With the notable exception of TNA, their game designs are often lacking. Rick and Morty could’ve been an incredible game with the benefit of basic attention to geometry. As is, it’s a total clunk fest. I see this as Spooky wanting to milk their best cow for all she’s worth (or more). I can’t understand why anybody would pay this much for a game where the most compelling asset is the soundtrack.

#1158 1 year ago

Does anyone know how much time it adds getting the butter option, like an extra 6 weeks, etc?

First time ordering a Spooky and still debating butter or not as I plan to keep this one for a while.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Let’s face it. The folks that own and operate Spooky totally nail it on customer service and public relations. Game design…not so much. With the notable exception of TNA, their game designs are often lacking. Rick and Morty could’ve been an incredible game with the benefit of basic attention to geometry. As is, it’s a total clunk fest. I see this as Spooky wanting to milk their best cow for all she’s worth (or more). I can’t understand why anybody would pay this much for a game where the most compelling asset is the soundtrack.

Dude! Play better and it won't clunk!

#32 and just received email.

#1160 1 year ago

My wife and I love their pins! Everyone has their opinion, and that’s fine…but I feel you are totally wrong with your assessment…just my opinion…which we are all entitled too.

#1161 1 year ago

Rick and Morty could’ve been an incredible game with the benefit of basic attention to geometry. As is, it’s a total clunk fest.

Either you suck and can't find the shots, or you haven't played one set up properly and with completed code.

Game flows if you hit your shots.

#1162 1 year ago

#18 and got my butter email too... IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGG

#1163 1 year ago

Two of us shipping to Germany both got contacted as well (#1 & #66). Good to see things are moving along

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Does anyone know how much time it adds getting the butter option, like an extra 6 weeks, etc?
First time ordering a Spooky and still debating butter or not as I plan to keep this one for a while.

As of right now there would be zero delay. We have a supply of butter cabinets on hand.

Quoted from dnapac:

My wife and I love their pins! Everyone has their opinion, and that’s fine…but I feel you are totally wrong with your assessment…just my opinion…which we are all entitled too.

We appreciate the support.

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

As of right now there would be zero delay. We have a supply of butter cabinets on hand.

Thanks so much for the help.

#1166 1 year ago

So who is the lucky one that got #250? Congrats! to that lucky buyer.

#1167 1 year ago

you’re saying they sold out ?

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

you’re saying they sold out ?

You can still add them in shopping cart on site so not sold out.

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

So who is the lucky one that got #250? Congrats! to that lucky buyer.

Who really cares??

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Who really cares??

Ed Robertson from the barenaked ladies got #1 from the original run. I think that's kinda cool. Guess he cares.

Quoted from manadams:

You can still add them in shopping cart on site so not sold out.

Looks like they'll have a bunch sitting in the shop after the run. This is where the discounts might start to happen in a recession, layoffs to fallow. Been slowly buying discounted stocks for the long haul. Some down 80% from Jan 2021.

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Ed Robertson from the bare naked ladies got #1 from the original run. I think that's kinda cool. Guess he cares.

Looks like they'll have a bunch sitting in the shop after the run. This is where the discounts might start to happen in a recession, layoffs to fallow. Been slowly buying discounted stocks for the long haul. Some down 80% from Jan 2021.

I hope they discount them so I can buy a second one like I did for Halloween. That'd be awesome.

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Ed Robertson from the bare naked ladies got #1 from the original run. I think that's kinda cool. Guess he cares.

I don’t think they will build games that aren’t spoken for.I assume they’ll build the TNAs they have sold and move on to their next game when finished.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I don’t think they will build games that aren’t spoken for.I assume they’ll build the TNAs they have sold and move on to their next game when finished.

While I hope you're correct that Spooky would build only those that are/were spoken for, my supply chain background would suggest otherwise. The planned run of 250 would be used to drive orders of dependent demand for all components sourced outside of Spooky. Of course, someone with direct knowledge from Spooky could rule otherwise but that's just my mfg experience.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

While I hope you're correct that Spooky would build only those that are/were spoken for, my supply chain background would suggest otherwise. The planned run of 250 would be used to drive orders of dependent demand for all components sourced outside of Spooky. Of course, someone with direct knowledge from Spooky could rule otherwise but that's just my mfg experience.

Isn't this a game made with mostly generic components that are readily available?

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Don't hold your breath.

#1176 1 year ago

** reading is good. **.

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You should make one then!
Don’t forget you need to program it and write all your own music as well.
Let us know how that goes.
rd

Reading is useful. The discussion was about whether they would make 250 or a lesser number. Someone was suggesting they'd have to know how many machines they were making long in advance, and I am thinking that's less the case for this machine than other modern machines.

But while we're being smartasses, why would one have to write their own code?
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1388

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Don't hold your breath.

It's funny, a bunch said the exact same thing on day one. Will sell out in 24 hours! lol. Won a few bets holding my breath that day. Haha!
The way that Powel is raising interest rates, will see if I'm right again.

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

It's funny, a bunch said the exact same thing on day one. Will sell out in 24 hours! lol. Won a few bets holding my breath there. Haha!

Nice. Care to double down?

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Nice. Care to double down?

interesting, what's the sale number at now?

#1181 1 year ago

Looks like I've been ghosted. Hahaha!

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Looks like they'll have a bunch sitting in the shop after the run.

We haven't provided a sales update, since the half sold after the first hour. To keep things simple, let's stick with your original post, which we've been discussing...quoted above. Let's define "bunch" as 10 or more. That includes not selling games at a discount, with the exception of potential show games. How about a bet of $250 in the form of a donation to JDRF?

#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We haven't provided a sales update, since the half sold after the first hour. To keep things simple, let's stick with your original post...quoted above. Let's define "bunch" as 10 or more. How about a bet of $250 in the form of a donation to JDRF?

Well if your almost sold out, why would I make that bet? I'm a numbers guy, give me the numbers and I'll work out the odds.
Economy is slowing drastically fast. time line is key. You guys don't know how many you sold? That's not a good sign.

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Well if your almost sold out, why would I make that bet? I'm a numbers guy, give me the numbers and I'll work out the odds.

An honest bet for a good cause.

#1185 1 year ago

Bet stands, if he wants in, but I have him ignored at this point. I just reviewed his post history. Sorry everyone, I should have known better. Pinball is amazing hobby with so many amazing people. Let's keep it fun and not feed onto the drama. My bad.

Edit: I'll just make the donation either way.

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Bet stands if he wants in, but I have him ignored at this point. I just reviewed his post history.

Me too…50 times moderated…

#1187 1 year ago

Lameberger wants me to buy a TNA - it’s starting to look like a deal again.
No reason for this nonsense.

#1189 1 year ago

This has to be one of the dumbest arguments ever. Who cares how many they sold. Like really, who the fuck cares.

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

This has to be one of the dumbest arguments ever. Who cares how many they sold. Like really, who the fuck cares.

Wow, there it is. Not a argument. Was wondering how many were left, some people are still on the fence Genius.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

why would I make that bet?

Cause you're predicting games being sold at a discount and layoffs. Sounds like easy money for you and talking shit only goes so far.
do.gifdo.gif

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Me too…50 times moderated…

Quoted from manadams:

Cause your predicting games being sold at a discount and layoffs. Sounds like easy money for you and talking shit only goes so far.[quoted image]

Almost got a number from spooky

#1193 1 year ago

Some people don’t belong on pinside. Not here to help the hobby. It’s sad that they feel power by behaving this way.

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Some people don’t belong on pinside. Not here to help the hobby. It’s sad that they feel power by behaving this way.

Jeez, just jokes guys. Lighten up

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Jeez, just jokes guys. Lighten up

Your jokes aren’t welcome. If your not a troll,
You’ll exit this thread…otherwise…I am proven correct.

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

just jokes guys.

I would bet $250 you’re only ever funny unintentionally.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I would bet $250 you’re only ever funny unintentionally.

Well 90% of my posts have been deleted because of the guys running to a moderator . Hilarious .. Unfortunately you will never see those jokes.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Unfortunately you will never see those jokes.

Now THAT was funny!

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Unfortunately you will never see those jokes.

Ah, the “my girlfriend goes to a different school, and is canadian” defense.

Edit: lmaoooo what do pathetic canadian boys say when they’re lying about having a girlfriend? Now I’m truly invested in this conversation

#1200 1 year ago

I'm paid in full. Shouldn't be long now...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.