(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.
#901 1 year ago

Morgan at Spooky said shipping to my home would be around $350. I calculated round trip driving costs and a conservative estimate was $85-90 spent on gas. However, a closer examination of the route shows my vehicle passing by this point.

I am calculating odds of around 10,000% that I will encounter a mechanical problem with my car and be forced to stay the night. Further calculation of an extra $150 on pints…..er…….”parts and labor” to get the vehicle going again still reveals an overall cost savings.

Good luck to all who encounter a similar agonizing decision.

6E3FA789-422D-4041-9ED5-2FD8C72CA34E (resized).jpeg6E3FA789-422D-4041-9ED5-2FD8C72CA34E (resized).jpeg
#902 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Morgan at Spooky said shipping to my home would be around $350. I calculated round trip driving costs and a conservative estimate was $85-90 spent on gas. However, a closer examination of the route shows my vehicle passing by this point.
I am calculating odds of around 10,000% that I will encounter a mechanical problem with my car and be forced to stay the night. Further calculation of an extra $150 on pints…..er…….”parts and labor” to get the vehicle going again still reveals an overall cost savings.
[quoted image]

I always like road trips, and brewery’s! Plus, if you’ve never picked up a game from Spooky in person, they really try to accommodate and make it more than, “here’s your game, get out”. That said, if you do pick up in person, see what a good day would be for them as they are a small company and the day may be kinda rushed depending on what is going on.

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

[quoted image]

You’re THAT close to Toppling Goliath Brewing?!? GAH!!! I’m jelly! I love me some King Sue…first time I had it was out of the tap at a steakhouse in Rochester. It was amazing. Been hooked ever since, but it’s definitely not the same out of the can. Cheers!

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

You’re THAT close to Toppling Goliath Brewing?!? GAH!!! I’m jelly! I love me some King Sue…first time I had it was out of the tap at a steakhouse in Rochester. It was amazing. Been hooked ever since, but it’s definitely not the same out of the can. Cheers!

Not sure if you've ever had a chance to try anything made by New Glarus Brewery in Wisconsin (it's almost impossible to find outside of the state)...but their beers are fantastic. Their Wisconsin Belgian Red is one of the best beers I've ever had.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Not sure if you've ever had a chance to try anything made by New Glarus Brewery in Wisconsin (it's almost impossible to find outside of the state)...but their beers are fantastic. Their Wisconsin Belgian Red is one of the best beers I've ever had.

I've only had Spotted Cow and Fat Squirrel (both great), but that red sounds good. I'll have to grab some next time or have my friends do so when they go up for the big super series tournaments.

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

[quoted image]

Pulpit Rock in Decorah is also really good brewery and probably has more favor with us locals than Toppling. Worth a stop.

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Mine will be going on location. I believe there are a few others in NE Ohio who bought them as well for the same.

They do horrible on location. Been there done that

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I guess it all depends on the location. Location, location, location.

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I had one that did really well.

#910 1 year ago

Side note: symbols won and are ready for shipments

022255F1-922B-4F81-9EBC-F3DD1DF2B8EA (resized).jpeg022255F1-922B-4F81-9EBC-F3DD1DF2B8EA (resized).jpeg
#912 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Mine did great other than have small issues where it'd give drop target errors or freeze up at times.

#913 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

[quoted image]

Hey flashinstinct - I ordered a set of decals for my incoming TNA 2.0 last week. Can you please send the new set for the clear targets? They weren’t listed when I placed my order.
Thanks!

#914 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

It's a easy walk by without the bling from the newer games like Alien, Cactus Canyon and Godzilla.. TNA is more for the home crowd and tournaments. Pinside has spoken. 91% out.

Getting down votes, guess I'm wrong. Spend the dow on this game and see how u do I guess. Fingers crossed!

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

It's a easy walk by without the bling from the newer games like Alien, Cactus Canyon and Godzilla.. TNA is more for the home crowd and tournaments. Pinside has spoken. 91% out.
Getting down votes, guess I'm wrong. Spend the dow and see how u do I guess. Fingers crossed!

I am the only one who plays the tna in my house. My Godzilla, Toystory and Star Wars get played while tna stays in attract mode. Its a very specific game. Your not wrong..

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

[quoted image]

Is the top image for the first drop closest to flippers, middle is middle and bottom 3rd?

#917 1 year ago

Insider told me they doubt another run will be made so if interested this is your chance.

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Is the top image for the first drop closest to flippers, middle is middle and bottom 3rd?

I’m not exactly sure as I don’t own the game but maybe someone can chime in to help people out

#919 1 year ago

This thing sell out yet or did the pay wall block it? I used to support this company until shit went behind a pay wall. Fuck that Shit

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Insider told me they doubt another run will be made so if interested this is your chance.

Exactly the kind of crap they’d want to get out there to sell more of this overpriced game.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Exactly the kind of crap they’d want to get out there to sell more of this overpriced game.

Well, Don’t disagree, but what is not overpriced now?

I wanted AFM LE… now it’s $15K, from $8K just 1 1/2 years ago. Let’s find out what the new price structure will be for Bond. I’m sure many will not be happy bout that.

All I know is I’ll be playing TNA everyday as I can get satisfied with short play times. Perfect for my scenario. That is why I paid the price.

Playing a lot of modern Stern games take 30+ minutes of game time. Sometimes it’s nice to play quick, fun games like TBA.

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Well, Don’t disagree, but what is not overpriced now?
I wanted AFM LE… now it’s $15K, from $8K just 1 1/2 years ago. Let’s find out what the new price structure will be for Bond. I’m sure many will not be happy bout that.
All I know is I’ll be playing TNA everyday as I can get satisfied with short play times. Perfect for my scenario. That is why I paid the price.
Playing a lot of modern Stern games take 30+ minutes of game time. Sometimes it’s nice to play quick, fun games like TBA.

2014 medieval madness remake.$8k. Cactus Canyon remake 2022 $8k..crazy times

#923 1 year ago

Yeah, eff off this is super serious!!!

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Yeah, eff off this is super serious!!!

good one! lol. not super serious but seriously, out to lunch .lol hilarious.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

good one! lol. not super serious but seriously, out to lunch .lol hilarious.

Must be a happy hour too?

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Must be a happy hour too?

Umm, sure..if it makes u feel better, all for it.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Pinside has spoken. 91% out.

Please. That number is meaningless. Do you know how many times "pinside" has thrown a tantrum over something and then turned on a dime?? Besides, Pinside (not to mention the knuckleheads that come on this forum and shout louder than others) represent a small sliver of people that buy NIB games.

#928 1 year ago

So glad Spooky is releasing again. I'm all in and have already ordered mine. Anything under 10K is reasonable to me for a new (non-standard) pinball machine given the current market. There is something pure about this machine. Simple, challenging, beautiful. In the local arcade, out of 60x machines, I mainly spend time on the Premiums: Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Deadpool as well as a Judge Dread, Ghostbusters Pro and Twilight Zone. My favorite to play out of all these, and the one I spend most time on, is the Total Nuclear Annihilation they have in the corner, next to Starship Troopers. After playing the other machines, it feels like getting back to the basics (in a good way). I'm a fan of the 80's retro look (with modern tech) and synthwave music so this is a no-brainer for me. TNA is a masterpiece in it's own right. Can't wait for the CE version.

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from Cort:

So glad Spooky is releasing again. I'm all in and have already ordered mine. Anything under 10K is reasonable to me for a new (non-standard) pinball machine given the current market. There is something pure about this machine. Simple, challenging, beautiful. In the local arcade, out of 60x machines, I mainly spend time on the Premiums: Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Deadpool as well as a Judge Dread, Ghostbusters Pro and Twilight Zone. My favorite to play out of all these, and the one I spend most time on, is the Total Nuclear Annihilation they have in the corner, next to Starship Troopers. After playing the other machines, it feels like getting back to the basic (in a good way). I'm a fan of the 80's retro look (with modern tech) and synthwave music so this is a no-brainer for me. TNA is a masterpiece in it's own right. Can't wait for the CE version.

Exactly my thought too. Playing TNA with a mix of all the other popular games has this game all on its own.

The gameplay is old school compared to other games.

Cannot wait to get mine.

#930 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Please. That number is meaningless. Do you know how many times "pinside" has thrown a tantrum over something and then turned on a dime?? Besides, Pinside (not to mention the knuckleheads that come on this forum and shout louder than others) represent a small sliver of people that buy NIB games.

Ok, umm.. I guess we can make up a number, if it makes u feel better. How's 5% sound? All better now?
Is the 250 sold out yet? 92,000 pinsiders, 9% buying would be roughly 8280. So, it's actually a lot higher.. Like 99% of pinsiders are out.

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Besides, Pinside (not to mention the knuckleheads that come on this forum and shout louder than others) represent a small sliver of people that buy NIB games.

Pinside doesn’t represent a small sliver, more like 40-50 percent of owners based on machines claimed in peoples collections. The game is still sitting on Spooky’s website, I think that also speaks for itself.

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

The game is still sitting on Spooky’s website, I think that also speaks for itself.

…perfect. They can make mine and then break the mold!

#933 1 year ago

Can't wait to be playing my game. Can't be long now.!! So pumped.

#934 1 year ago

So… you all think this week coming they might ask for payment? Has not been 2 weeks yet, but is that the rumor how long till they start production?

I’m itching to get my game.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So… you all think this week coming they might ask for payment? Has not been 2 weeks yet, but is that the rumor how long till they start production?
I’m itching to get my game.

Sounded like they have the parts in stock so I hope so. I'm so excited I hope they make them soon.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I wanted AFM LE… now it’s $15K, from $8K just 1 1/2 years ago.

Hayus... Really?

#937 1 year ago

I’m number 9 and they said approx two weeks when I asked the day it was launched. I’d imagine first batch will be done the end of the month or first part of October.

#938 1 year ago

Not ideal timing on the release of this for me, but I'm still on the fence.

#939 1 year ago

I wonder, How many are in a "Batch"

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Pinside doesn’t represent a small sliver, more like 40-50 percent of owners based on machines claimed in peoples collections. The game is still sitting on Spooky’s website, I think that also speaks for itself.

Call up a distributor and chat with them about it

#941 1 year ago

WooHoo.. They advised my machine# is 138.
>Ordered 9-7-2022
Now the waiting begins.. 2-6 months

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

WooHoo.. They advised my machine# is 138.
>Ordered 9-7-2022
Now the waiting begins.. 2-6 months

So they sold 55% of their 250 run in 1 week. I guess this Thursday it will open up to the non-Fang Club, but most of us die-hards probably opted for the membership out of FOMO. I imagine they'll see another smaller blip of orders after next Thursday but it's hard for me to believe that there's a large group still sitting and waiting. Maybe some re-sellers will snatch them up.

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

So they sold 55% of their 250 run in 1 week. I guess this Thursday it will open up to the non-Fang Club, but most of us die-hards probably opted for the membership out of FOMO. I imagine they'll see another smaller blip of orders after next Thursday but it's hard for me to believe that there's a large group still sitting and waiting. Maybe some re-sellers will snatch them up.

There is negative meat on the bone at 9K, I doubt any resellers are interested in buying a game that is going to depreciate right away once the hype dies down and people realize you can get an original run for less.

#944 1 year ago

There is negative meat on the bone at 9K, I doubt any resellers are interested in buying a game that is going to depreciate right away once the hype dies down and people realize you can get an original run for less.

The inventory of resell is rather slim which could cause some to jump on board.
However, tomorrow will tell what the move will be given Bond was announced. If its priced too high then we could see some come this way, but I doubt it.

I still think its a success for Spooky selling 1/2. Your statement is also the same thing how buying an LE compared to a CE that is purely cosmetic enhancements or Premium vs LE from Stern. Seems Spooky has done the same thing, but they are charging more than most thought would happen. That was a mistake by Spooky.

I'm a sucker and still bought mine as I know this game is for me.

#945 1 year ago

Just gonna go out on a limb and guess that Spooky can bank on selling the majority of this run and worst case scenario building / warehousing the parts for 50 or so for future sales.

With another cornerstone game on the near horizon, they should be sitting ok for that type of scenario.

I am just waiting on a few things before I grab one. Not ecstatic about the price, but it isn't putting me off as much as the timing.

#946 1 year ago

I just looked at Spooky's website and store is closed. Must be getting it ready for non-fang members.

#947 1 year ago

I’m hoping that the CEs have resolved the issues from the original run where the playfield lighting would stop working correctly. This made the objectives impossible to follow on the affected machines. This is why I ordered a CE instead of buying an OG.

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’m hoping that the CEs have resolved the issues from the original run where the playfield lighting would stop working correctly. This made the objectives impossible to follow on the affected machines. This is why I ordered a CE instead of buying an OG.

First I've ever heard of that.

#949 1 year ago

Was under the impression that the 250 game rerun (CE) was using some newer electronics over the originals. Is this true?

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Halloween is almost done

Got a few games in last night after I add the neon green plastic protectors. You really wanna make the game rock, grab a hdmi splitter and run it through a av receiver. Adds about 500 watts of bump to the game.
The game never gets old.

304749277_10228950218319646_7844632993475878524_n (resized).jpg304749277_10228950218319646_7844632993475878524_n (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.