(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 34.
#851 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

When does early access for fang clubbers end? Wondering if a few will come through after that or not. Would be curious to know how many are left at this point but I doubt we will get that type of info.

This is potentially me. I was looking forward to getting a TNA but the price was a bit of a shock. The whole fang club thing pisses me off so I won’t sign up. Looks like it’s a two week wait so I’m hoping I’m just over the excitement by then. Seems needlessly long to have a two week exclusive period.

#852 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

When does early access for fang clubbers end? Wondering if a few will come through after that or not. Would be curious to know how many are left at this point but I doubt we will get that type of info.

I don't know if they ever actually enforced that. It looked like could buy it the day it came out, unless they check for your fant membership at the very end...

Quoted from Lamberger:

I care, can't wait to get a cheap TNA when the bottom falls out! I'm patient. It's already happening in the stock market and real-estate... looking forward to cheap shares, cheaper properties and cheap games

Just like the last time the used pinball market crashed , right?? Remind me when that was?

#853 1 year ago

my own one-euro story

I absolutely fell in love with that game, which I only had a chance to play for real (=without lining up for hours until I could play just one game) earlier this year in march.
- action packed and loaded with adrenalin
- simple and addictive rules
- 80s style, single level playfield, without those loads of intertwined ramps that look the same on all modern games
- a pop bumper that really contributes to the game play, and not hidden in a secluded corner just below those perennial rollovers
- plays are fast, and don't last forever
- WOW soundtrack (I bought it straight from Scott Daniesi the day after I came back from the expo)
- cool artwork, not yet another-angry-looking-superhero[es]
however:
- little pricey, although they don't make as much runs as Stern, so can probably not compete in terms of mfg costs (my guess)
- how many system80/80A would I have to sell to purchase one TNA..
- my WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) for that particular game is very low (she loves playing all kind of pinballs, EM/early SS and modern games, but does not understand why I like this one)

so I was hoping that TNA would re-run, but I'm most likely "out" for the above 3 reasons

nevertheless, congratulations Scott for this rerun! I wish you huge success ahead!

#854 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Just like the last time the used pinball market crashed , right?? Remind me when that was?

I remember it very well, lots of people lost a ton of money early 2000's. Biggest pinball company went under then too.
Bought a new in box cirqus voltaire for $1700!

#855 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

IMDN will be a dime a dozen down the road. TNA is limited. Get it now while you have easy access, sell later and pick up an IMDN.

73C20DFC-B566-4903-8D37-879B67C56C6E.gif73C20DFC-B566-4903-8D37-879B67C56C6E.gif
#856 1 year ago

Limited to 10 per customer.

#857 1 year ago

So… consider that we are lucky in a hobby where the Buyers cost can be sold in the future for little depreciation!!

Other gaming hobbies like console, PC, hand held all tank after buying. Good luck selling your collection for close to 50% 2-4 years down the road.

You buy to play and luckily you can get majority of your funds back. If not MSRP, then damn close to it.

This is not an investment hobby.

#858 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I remember it very well, lots of people lost a ton of money early 2000's. Biggest pinball company went under then too.
Bought a new in box cirqus voltaire for $1700!

Seriously!! Wow.. better hold some cash on the side for whenever this hits!!!

Wow!! My mind is blown.

#859 1 year ago

Just to throw a little shade on the "$9k is too much for this pin": I operate with the thought that - I pretty much know how much $$ I have (probably never enough) but I have little idea as to how much TIME I have before me on this earth (certainly NOT enough). So, for those not struggling to provide 3 square meals on the table and save a little $ for retirement, I say - maybe we shouldn't be banking on collecting pinball. After 48 years collecting I'm at "what am I waiting for?!"

Everyone has their own set of concerns, constraints and priorities: So be true to your path.

#860 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Seriously!! Wow.. better hold some cash on the side for whenever this hits!!!
Wow!! My mind is blown.

I know, right. Only $1700.
Definitely! Got my eye on some beach property too. Sold my place in Florida last year.. Bought it in 2010 right after the housing market crash in 08. Did fantastic! Funds are ready, just have to be patient.

#861 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

for the price i’d rather have an Alien Poker , Flash Gordon , and Cactus Jack’s .

...but what'll you buy with the remaining $3k?

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

...but what'll you buy with the remaining $3k?

my point exactly

#863 1 year ago

Seems some long timers are “in” with the
“live for today” approach.
Well, sounds good to me!

#864 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I don't know if they ever actually enforced that. It looked like could buy it the day it came out, unless they check for your fant membership at the very end...

Spooky enforces it. Until they open TNA sales to non-Fang Club members, you can't checkout on an online game purchase unless you've paid to join the club.

#865 1 year ago

I doubt there are many people who want this game at 9K and aren’t willing to buy the membership. Maybe a couple, but I feel like if you are hardcore enough to be interested in TNA you’d pay the extra 50 bucks. This game isn’t getting random casuals like a TS4 and Halloween theme.

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

How do you figure? I think it will hold its value at a decent rate.

If it does by some miracle, they will make more more until it does drop.

Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s too bad that the hobby has devolved into this kind of concern.

Well to be fair, if you don't intend on switching it out for 10 years it probably doesn't matter much like a car.

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Exactly ! TNA is fun but for the price i’d rather have an Alien Poker , Flash Gordon , and Cactus Jack’s . Or any other combo of 3 fun games or 2 great games . TNA is cool just not 9k cool .

CJ is great.

#868 1 year ago

My friend has a Cactus Jack's, we love to play it, it's a riot. It's to bad we don't live in an era where more OG themes are made.

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I doubt there are many people who want this game at 9K and aren’t willing to buy the membership. Maybe a couple, but I feel like if you are hardcore enough to be interested in TNA you’d pay the extra 50 bucks. This game isn’t getting random casuals like a TS4 and Halloween theme.

I'm sure that you're correct.

The fact that Spooky is essentially charging an additional fee to purchase a game that hasn't been an immediate sell-out (like their recent prior games) makes it feel even more like a money grab though.

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I bought 3 Spooky games NIB direct from them and will not join the Fang Club. Doesn’t apply here though as I still have TNA #14 with all the good stuff added.

#871 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm sure that you're correct.
The fact that Spooky is essentially charging an additional fee to purchase a game that hasn't been an immediate sell-out (like their recent prior games) makes it feel even more like a money grab though.

Your current membership will get you early access to their next game too as long as it falls within your 12 month subscription.

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Your current membership will get you early access to their next game too as long as it falls within your 12 month subscription.

Wow! I have to pay to have the privilege to over pay for a product. Sweeeet!

#873 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Some people look forward to the swag that you get with the membership fee. It's not $45 worth of stuff but you do get something for your money and shipping is included, looking forward to the mug this year.

IMG-1169 (resized).jpgIMG-1169 (resized).jpg
#874 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Some people look forward to the swag that you get with the membership fee. It's not $45 worth of stuff but you do get something for your money and shipping is included, looking forward to the mug this year.[quoted image]

I am not into the extras. Wouldn’t use them and don’t really have a place for them. Would rather just pay $50 more for the game if they need the money. I realize we are in the age of rewards cards and club memberships but I just don’t play that game.

#875 1 year ago

Oh yeah, you get to preorder the next game as soon as it is announced with a non refundable deposit. What could go wrong!

Maybe be they'll change it so there are three membership tiers. For $45 we'll you put a $2k non refundable deposit on mystery game. For $200 we'll tell you what it is first, and for $500 fang super secret spooky platinum members can watch the gameplay video before placing their order!!

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am not into the extras. Wouldn’t use them and don’t really have a place for them. Would rather just pay $50 more for the game if they need the money. I realize we are in the age of rewards cards and club memberships but I just don’t play that game.

I don't think they wanted to go that route because it then would be over 10K. $10,050. for the game... With the margarine .
As Scott would say, Yikes!

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Some people look forward to the swag that you get with the membership fee. It's not $45 worth of stuff but you do get something for your money and shipping is included, looking forward to the mug this year.[quoted image]

Is it dishwasher friendly?

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is it dishwasher friendly?

Probably not lol, I hand wash my Ren & Stimpy pint glasses cause my dishwasher ruined my first set.

#879 1 year ago

Not dishwasher safe... oh no, another reason to rag on and on about the terrible state of pinball: Costs, quality, fairness, design, single vs multi level, oh yeah - costs again! Happy Labor Day, hope you're spending it with family, friends and pinball!

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Probably not lol, I hand wash my Ren & Stimpy pint glasses cause my dishwasher ruined my first set.

Looking forward to it in my game room shelf. I have no issues supporting the fang club. Looking forward to receiving this years.

#881 1 year ago

I am new to owning pinball machines and my wife and I put our deposit on this as our second game. It was high on our list to get and we were very excited to get the chance to buy a NIB TNA. Hope to have years of fun with it!

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Wow! I have to pay to have the privilege to over pay for a product. Sweeeet!

It’s money better spent then all the coin (stars) you throw Kaneda for his constant vitriol.

#883 1 year ago

It’s money better spent then all the coin (stars) you throw Kaneda for his constant vitriol.

Vitriol. I've been hard on Kaneda in the past. I don't really perceive it anymore as negativity but more of reality. Instead of sugar coating things he just points out the logic of situation. What I didn't like about Kaneda was his self shilling and hype. I do like his logical points of view. I did not want to agree with him ever but his last Podcast hit the mark. My wife and I found ourself just in shock of his perfect synopsis of the state of pinball today. Manufactured scarcity though is something I'm not sure can be proven but I find it upsetting to think people do this. It's not a crime and many artist do just this. Got put the meat and taters on the table my friend liked to say after flipping a 1800 dollar car on trade for 5600.

#884 1 year ago

Anyone here who preordered TNA do so to put on location? Just curious how many of these will be out in the wild.

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Vitriol. I've been hard on Kaneda in the past. I don't really perceive it anymore as negativity but more of reality. Instead of sugar coating things he just points out the logic of situation. What I didn't like about Kaneda was his self shilling and hype. I do like his logical points of view. I did not want to agree with him ever but his last Podcast hit the mark. My wife and I found ourself just in shock of his perfect synopsis of the state of pinball today. Manufactured scarcity though is something I'm not sure can be proven but I find it upsetting to think people do this. It's not a crime and many artist do just this. Got put the meat and taters on the table my friend liked to say after flipping a 1800 dollar car on trade for 5600.

His opinions are based on nothing. He has a long history of destroying pins that he has little to no experience with - it's all nonsense... a bunch of hot air and BS. I stopped listening to him about a year ago and my enjoyment of pinball has notably increased. Do yourself a favor and pick another podcast to listen to. Want people to tell it to you like it is? Listen to Buffalo Bro guys. They tell it to you like it is, and actually have experience playing games. That goes a long way to being able to speak intelligently about code, game play, and the industry in general.

If you want to listen to a moron talk about himself and blow negativity, stick with Chris. Toxic

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDark:Anyone here who preordered TNA do so to put on location? Just curious how many of these will be out in the wild.

Mine will be going on location. I believe there are a few others in NE Ohio who bought them as well for the same.

#888 1 year ago

Might as well start another poll for people who didn't participate in the first one but still bought the game. I'd fit into that category.
Here's what's going on like it or not; all games are going up in price. Stern will has a price increase starting with next week's release. No use playing who would've been in if cheaper thinking you're going to change anything.

#889 1 year ago

Might as well start another poll for people who didn't participate in the first one but still bought the game. I'd fit into that category.
Here's what's going on like it or not; all games are going up in price. Stern will has a price increase starting with next week's release. No use playing who would've been in if cheaper thinking you're going to change anything.

so ur out at $7K. cool.

Quoted from o07eleven:

You missed where they said they bought it at $9k. So throw in the 100+ people that have already paid $9k that would easily pay less for a game they just paid $9k for.

Didn't miss it, just going by everyone on pinside.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

so ur out at $7K. cool.

You missed where they said they bought it at $9k. So throw in the 100+ people that have already paid $9k that would easily pay less for a game they just paid $9k for.

#891 1 year ago

You going to do the same poll for every new release from every manufacturer with a price increase? Maybe you should do a poll on how much Bond will be and would you be in if it was cheaper.

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You going to do the same poll for every new release from every manufacturer with a price increase? Maybe you should do a poll on how much Bond will be and would you be in if it was cheaper.

Not interested in any other game right now... it's not looking good anyways, only like 10 more people would buy it at $7k so it seems like the 91% really just didn't want this game...so far.

#893 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Not interested in any other game right now and it's not looking good anyways, only like 10 more people would buy it at $7k so it seems like the 91% really just didn't want this game...so far.

Everytime I see your posts I wonder if my kindergartner is typing on here. You sound just like him.

#894 1 year ago

The best part about math is you can spin the numbers anyway you want to support your argument. Example: 91% of the respondents have said they are out or a maybe (note that the maybes now are included in the outs because that supports that argument). Spooky is in trouble!!

But that leaves 9% that are in. But let’s assume that this poll represents more than the 500 or so people. There are 92230 Pinsiders. 9% of those are in so that is 8300 people. Better get busy on those builds and cancel the next 5 releases!

They are selling 250 units. I just checked the other thread. 16 new people would be in on a 7k TNA. 100 (no other reports of how many have sold now but we can use this number). are in at 9k and we can assume they would also be in at 7k (duh):

$9000 x 100 = 900k top line
$7000 x 116 = 812k….

I’m no economist so you decide.

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Everytime I see your posts I wonder if my kindergartner is typing on here. You sound just like him.

Lmao! I do let my 8 year old boy mess with you guys here and there. He really wanted me to get this game... 'not this time son. Haha!

#896 1 year ago

I'm happy more will be made for any that missed out.

#897 1 year ago

Anyone willing to swap order positions with me? (I'm #66). A good friend of mine is order #1 and we want to perhaps ship our machines together.

I thought also maybe someone might need a bit more time to get the cash together. Send me a DM

#898 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Anyone willing to swap order positions with me? (I'm #66). A good friend of mine is order #1 and we want to perhaps ship our machines together.
I thought also maybe someone might need a bit more time to get the cash together. Send me a DM

Just speak to Spooky, I’m sure they’ll be helpful.

They understand that shipping overseas is pricey.

rd

#899 1 year ago

Is this game still smaller than regular games ? It just looks smaller compared to 90's games, if you see it next to them.
Does it have a unique playfield size ?

#900 1 year ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

Is this game still smaller than regular games ? It just looks smaller compared to 90's games, if you see it next to them.
Does it have a unique playfield size ?

It's almost exactly the same height and width of a early 1980's standard Bally, stern or William's, here is mine in perfect formation with Xenon Paragon Firepower and Space Invaders.

Perfect in form and Function.

635c8578fc0e6bab32584247546f0b6fd45559a9 (resized).jpg635c8578fc0e6bab32584247546f0b6fd45559a9 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.