(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 73 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(623 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think the game will sell out, only been available to club members for 10 hours and not even available to the general public yet. My reply was to Loganpinball about over 100 people paying above 9k versus his sole opinion it wasn't worth it.

na, if somebody wants it they'll spend $40 extra to get this game.. I doubt it reached 100. I had time.. went through every posted #...12 games so far. Public release won't change much.

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:I think the game will sell out, only been available to club members for 10 hours and not even available to the general public yet. My reply was to Loganpinball about over 100 people paying above 9k versus his sole opinion it wasn't worth it.

I understand that but my point is it's not his sole opinion and is in fact the overwhelming majority opinion. Luckily for them they do not need the majority to think this way though. They are only looking for 250 who will pay it and I agree they will likely find them.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

na, if somebody wants it they'll spend $40 extra to get this game.. I doubt it reached 100. I had time.. went through every posted #...12 games so far. Public release won't change much.

SpookyLuke said 100 were sold shortly after game went up for sale to club members, either you didn't see that or you think they are lying.

#654 1 year ago

Obviously the 100 sold is a giant pinball conspiracy.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

How is around 100 sales selling well? That is a microscopic subset of people. Overpriced TS4 probably was a couple thousand units.

It's day 1.

#656 1 year ago

$100 dollar bet for anyone that still believes they won't sell all 250.

#657 1 year ago

This is a game for hardcore pinheads. I would think the majority of people interested in it at 9k paid the club toll and bought within the first few minutes.

#658 1 year ago

Where are the 2 who bet $50 on whether it would sell in 24 hrs? Or was that the other thread? Wonder what the total is now on amount sold.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Somebody mentioned they just got 73? It would be a smart move to spread out the sold numbers 1-2-3-49-68-99- and say its over hundred.

Just saying, super smart if they did it this way. But If they sold 100, no one will get lower numbers after this morning. If someone does now? uh oh. haha!

Quoted from Tomass:

Where are the 2 who bet $50 on whether it would sell in 24 hrs? Or was that the other thread? Wonder what the total is now on amount sold.

I was one of the guys

#660 1 year ago

#249 1/2

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Overpriced TS4 probably was a couple thousand units.

Doubtful, less than 300 TS4 are represented in Pinside collections.

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

This is a game for hardcore pinheads. I would think the majority of people interested in it at 9k paid the club toll and bought within the first few minutes.

I would agree the first wave this morning would be the big sell off. People always want what they can not have . Anyone can have one right now at cost and direct from manufacturer and that make it less elusive. I am sure they will sell more but it will take time. In the end all pinballs sell for the most part.

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I've got no idea - possibly - as I said a slow burn. TS4 is also a slow burn. But only by recent Covid FOMO hype standards.

Maybe distributors should have been included for this run, but I still don't doubt they'll sell all 250.

#664 1 year ago

When sales begin to level off from the rapid initial sales most product enter the maturity sales stage. Some company's have to get the interest back by adding to the product, bundling product or price reduction.

I do not feel this is the case here but they did add a topper. Could be a gift or it could be to get more interest and more sales.

#665 1 year ago

I wonder if they would build the full run if they don’t sell out quickly…if they need to move the line on to the next game. If they would build games without that non refundable deposit in place.

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I wonder if they would build the full run if they don’t sell out quickly…if they need to move the line on to the next game.

That is a option in a product's life cycle. Pull the product. Many reasons exist that cause companies to do so. Some for good reasons like different products. Some for bad reasons like did not work out.

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Is there an update for this possibly? The drop targets for locks are transparent with the 2.0, so I wouldn't want to put these on since they're opaque and lose a bit on the effect. I've seen some cut vinyl stickers of radiation logos for the transparent drops. I guess I could just cut out the hex logo in the middle and apply that?

I will look into this in the morning. Hopefully with an answer by the afternoon

#668 1 year ago

I think they should just say its the last batch of tna they are going to make and they will sell out the 250 really quickly.The price it a tad to high and people are still feeling the after affects of the toy story pricing.Pinball is just hitting the price point that is not affordable and Pinheads are thinking twice before they hit the buy buy buy mode.

#669 1 year ago

I am in on number 94 @ 10:05 am. they haven't sold out. I honestly hope they don't and this is the last run. I have a celts which is a great single level machine and fun alternative to my other highly sought after machines. Hopefully the rumored scooby doo machine will be decent. I've played RM and wasn't impressed despite being a huge fan of the show. I'm excited as this is a great game and it will have all the kinks and original playfield issues worked out.

#670 1 year ago

Interest rates are high and going up to combat inflation. Recession is looming if we like it or not or already here. Consumer confidence and spending is on people's minds. I wish for the best as I am not a doom and gloom guy. But people are not as loose with funds as last year at this time.

Spooky as a company has not seen a economic downturn as I believe they opened in 2013. Stern pinball was smack dab in it in 2008 back when 24, Shrek, Indiana Jones was released. I believe that almost took Stern out. JJP and Spooky was not in the game at that point.

Everything is a factor today.

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Interest rates are high and going up to combat inflation. Recession is looming if we like it or not or already here. Consumer confidence and spending is on people's minds. I wish for the best as I am not a doom and gloom guy. But people are not as loose with funds as last year at this time.
Spooky as a company has not seen a economic downturn as I believe they opened in 2013. Stern pinball was smack dab in it in 2008 back when 24, Shrek, Indiana Jones was released. I believe that almost took Stern out. JJP and Spooky was not in the game at that point.
Everything is a factor today.

Hmmmm. If right..you lose. Everything will go up, quality will go down, and it’s the end of pinball as we know it…go back 25 years. I don’t want this future and refuse to buy into it. If I’m wrong, we all suffer…all…including you. No reason to post or to fight. No reason…unless you don’t really believe this.

#672 1 year ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Something has got to give with these prices. This is not a $9000 game.

Disagree COMPLETELY. It is a 9k game. The seller / manufacturer has set the price.
The game fucking rocks. Great rules, Great Music, and I believe they've done an excellent job of "improving" the original release.
I know I'm going to get flamed for this... but 9K is a reasonable ask imho.
I believe the original run was under priced and this brings the "fleet" back to a more reasonable price. This is a LE build with LE like quantities.

Am I buying? No. I can't spent 9k. or even 6k at this point. But if I had the room - I'd totally give Scott my cash.

#673 1 year ago

I initially voted “out”, and I struggled with my decision (high cost and so many other great titles out there and possibly coming soon), but I NEED TNA back and in the permanent collection!

041489F4-CBE9-4078-A68F-C7C109A31450 (resized).jpeg041489F4-CBE9-4078-A68F-C7C109A31450 (resized).jpeg
#674 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I initially voted “out”, and I struggled with my decision (high cost and so many other great titles out there and possibly coming soon), but I NEED TNA back and in the permanent collection!
[quoted image]

Atta boy. My struggle is dealing with the wife. Haha... I just bought WWLE about a month ago with her blessing, but this was a quick turn around. Now this!!!

Phew... gonna side step this conversation for a better moment over the weekend instead of during the crazy work week.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Atta boy. My struggle was dealing with the wife. Haha... I just bought WWLE about a month ago with her blessing, but this was a quick turn around. Now this!!!
Phew... gonna side step this conversation for a better moment over the weekend instead of during the crazy work week.

I have a handful of games that will be leaving over the next months/year for sure, but I’ve had TNA before, and it is simply one of the best pinball experiences available, if you value fast, brutal, unique (and FUN) games. I always planned on getting one back eventually, and I’m just not going to miss the opportunity. Good luck!

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm getting Fathom as well, TNA has got me interested in a street level pin, and I know old games are there but I still love the color changing LEDs and improved sound etc..
I'll put them next to each other whenever Fathom shows up.

10k is street level now ???!!!

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hmmmm. If right..you lose. Everything will go up, quality will go down, and it’s the end of pinball as we know it…go back 25 years. I don’t want this future and refuse to buy into it. If I’m wrong, we all suffer…all…including you. No reason to post or to fight. No reason…unless you don’t really believe this.

Economic downturn effect every person different based on there own personal situation. Everyone has different savings and personal debt that become ratios. If you have no debt a 500k or better liquid +++ a downturn is not going to wipe you out you ride the storm and if you are smart you make moves to increase net worth down the road. Sometimes capitalizing off of others misfortunes during downturn. Housing market etc. Anything purchased low to sell high later as a graduating asset.
If you are a pay check to pay check with debt and not a decent amount of saving or net worth with a job that can replace you or cancel you then you are in the risk of a economic downturn.
National downturn's effect locations very differently. Wealthy areas like San Diego California where there is a lot of wealth will not feel it as much as a booming new city type area being built.

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Atta boy. My struggle is dealing with the wife. Haha... I just bought WWLE about a month ago with her blessing, but this was a quick turn around. Now this!!!

I also had a Wonka for a while, and while fun - I have just realized I prefer a fast pin with flow to a ‘stop and go’ layout. Games I will be moving include TZ, DI, and RBION, so I guess I have determined the Lawlor games don’t make it as long with me. TNA will be whipping my ass in short bursts for years to come….

#679 1 year ago

TNA is a great game in a large collection! I enjoyed mine. Sold my game to a nice couple! They loved it! I could only get so far in the game. Level 7 was the highest. Cool music for sure. My go to games are Stern. More things happening in most Stern games. Best bang for the buck! Good luck to Spooky on the sale of the new game.

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

#-40 here, Yes it’s expensive, but I have no problem paying the money knowing a young talented person is getting part of it. Rick Morty is phenomenal and iam sure TNA 2.0’will be even better. Hopefully Scott will make more games!!!

How much do you think Scott gets? I bet it’s not much.

With the price hike they SHOULD be paying him over 1k for each game sole but I’m betting its a LOT less than that…

#681 1 year ago

I bought one for 9k. Why? Because I like the game, have the cash, and know i can resell it at almost any point with minimal loss and even possible gain in over a years time or longer. It's a proven game that doesn't have that 'i'll wait until i flip it' crowd to know if its a game that will eat resale value or not. Doesn't matter if a pin is NIB at 5k, 9k, 15k, if its a game that has a track record for being desired, someone will eventually pony up for it at or above retail if it's been discontinued. Some of yall seem to act like you would never be able to see that money again or something once you own it. Treat it like the investment it is and you will probably live happier, just my worthless 2 cents

#682 1 year ago

I owned this game and sold to a friend. I even have the 45 in rotation my jukebox. It is a great sounding game and a fun player. I just think at $9k, you could buy a few fun solid state games from the 80s. I thought the same at the $6-7K price tag. I think Scott and Spooky did a great job and hope it sells out at the new price, but even in my 20 pin collection, I would rather have a Godzilla premium at that price . . .

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

TNA is/was a fun homebrew pin. Bit of a one trick pony, but that's ok. When it first came out for $6k I thought it should've been $5k, which was Stern Pro pricing at the time, due to how basic it was. At $9k it is the worst value in NIB pinball. But there seems to be a lot of newer guys in the hobby willing to pay whatever. I've read some posts where these guys are literally thanking the pinball companies for jacking the price, and thanking them for the opportunity to get bent over for 5 figures. It's very odd. It didn't used to be this way.

I wonder how many of those cheering have a TNA 1.0 and they are hoping this increases their resell value…

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

but I NEED TNA back and in the permanent collection!
[quoted image]

9AF8CEFA-1B60-47D8-AE65-1F6226500BFF.gif9AF8CEFA-1B60-47D8-AE65-1F6226500BFF.gif

#685 1 year ago

tna 1.0 will lose value. playfield issues and without the upgrades. it's not a mm vs mmr comparison with silk screen cabinets and vintage manufacturing. wether or not tna 2.0 holds value is an equally valid question

Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I wonder how many of those cheering have a TNA 1.0 and they are hoping this increases their resell value…

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

6390DDE2-261A-4DA9-AFB7-718B2BE4E2B6 (resized).jpeg6390DDE2-261A-4DA9-AFB7-718B2BE4E2B6 (resized).jpeg
#687 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Stern pinball was smack dab in it in 2008 back when 24, Shrek, Indiana Jones was released. I believe that almost took Stern out.

Yeah, also 24 and Indy 2008 just weren't very good. As a huge fan of 24 back during its TV run, the game was a dud for me (and it seems a lot of reviewers would agree).

I do still enjoy playing Shrek/Family Guy though, fun gimmicks and some great callouts.

#688 1 year ago

Was watching a stream of TNA on Twitch tonight, living vicariously through others. I will always have the desire to own one. Congratulations to all the buyers out there, another gem in the crown for sure! As for me, I’ll just have to listen to the soundtrack in my car during my commute and play the game in my dreams at nite.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Was watching a stream of TNA on Twitch tonight, living vicariously through others. I will always have the desire to own one. Congratulations to all the buyers out there, another gem in the crown for sure! As for me, I’ll just have to listen to the soundtrack in my car during my commute and play the game in my dreams at nite.

If you’re ever in Phoenix Metro, consider yourself welcome to come play mine.

#690 1 year ago

Seen a bunch of statements saying TNA shouldn't be more than a Stern pro. Here's the list of stuff you don't get with a Stern pro:

real backglass
4 score displays
beacon topper
upgraded speakers/sub
sub chamber
speaker lights
custom speaker grills
powdercoat
laser cut side rails
art blades
knocker
shaker
metal apron
plastic protectors

What do you think the price of a Stern pro would be if it included all that?

Also you don't have to worry about playfield quality with Spooky on current games. Stern still makes playfields with ruffles ridges and thin clearcoat where your shooter lane's clear starts chipping after twenty plays.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Seen a bunch of statements saying TNA shouldn't be more than a Stern pro. Here's the list of stuff you don't get with a Stern pro:
real backglass
4 score displays
beacon topper
upgraded speakers/sub
sub chamber
speaker lights
custom speaker grills
powdercoat
laser cut side rails
art blades
knocker
shaker
metal apron
plastic protectors
Also you don't have to worry about playfield quality with Spooky on current games. Stern still makes playfields with ruffles ridges and thin clearcoat where your shooter lane's clear starts chipping after twenty plays.

5 bucks plus 5 bucks plus, and so on.. u get the picture, ur cost isn't the same as their cost

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

I could care less, not selling 1.0 anyway. I was actually thinking about buying 2.0 to upgrade but it seems like it’s not worth the bother for a few minor features.

More games produced probably will lower the prices of 1.0 games. Look at Iron Man their prices were climbing quickly on par with Tron at the time until Stern made the Vault and remade the vault several years apart. It’s supply and demand more supply lowers the price.

Rooting or cheering has no bearing on price. LoL. Some of you naysayers are comical.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

tna 1.0 will lose value. playfield issues and without the upgrades. it's not a mm vs mmr comparison with silk screen cabinets and vintage manufacturing. wether or not tna 2.0 holds value is an equally valid question

My 1.0 has zero playfield issues, all the 2.0 upgrades plus WAY more. But I don't give 2 squirts what the value is as it will never be sold.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

5 bucks plus 5 bucks plus, and so on.. u get the picture, ur cost isn't the same as their cost

You miss the point our cost is what we pay. We don’t pay what Spooky or Stern pays. If you want art blades and it’s $120 you have to pay $120. It doesn’t matter if they cost $5 to make you can’t make them in your basement for $5 so you pay what they cost.

Go make a back glass for $5 or laser cut rails for $5. I’d put them on all my games if they cost was what you say.

What a company charges is not that it costs them, they won’t make any money. You think it costs Apple $1k to make an iPhone?

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

10k is street level now ???!!!

My Fathom will be around $9k all in, and I paid a fee to the original buyer. The price was $11500 AU dollars but at today’s exchange rate that’s less than $8k.

Note: it was $8900 US dollars when announced but with currency change the price now works out to $7800 US.

I paid $500 to get the deposit from someone. If I had ordered straight away it would have been around $8k plus shipping.

Still very expensive but life is short and as they say you can’t take it with you.

Plus if/when I sell it won’t cost me that much just the gain/loss whatever it is.

#697 1 year ago

I think if Spooky were to dig deep and offer butter cabinets with this LE model they would easily complete the run of 250.

#698 1 year ago

I really wanted this game but as soon as it was announced I got cold feet and backed out. (Due to the price point).

I decided to take my 9k and seek out an older fun, fully loaded game where I would get the most bang for my buck (I’m all about the value).

C361CD7D-42E6-4A2B-BF5E-BA1189AA9637.gifC361CD7D-42E6-4A2B-BF5E-BA1189AA9637.gif
#699 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

I bought one for 9k. Why? Because I like the game, have the cash, and know i can resell it at almost any point with minimal loss and even possible gain in over a years time or longer. It's a proven game that doesn't have that 'i'll wait until i flip it' crowd to know if its a game that will eat resale value or not. Doesn't matter if a pin is NIB at 5k, 9k, 15k, if its a game that has a track record for being desired, someone will eventually pony up for it at or above retail if it's been discontinued. Some of yall seem to act like you would never be able to see that money again or something once you own it. Treat it like the investment it is and you will probably live happier, just my worthless 2 cents

You heard it folks, this is an investment and you’re guaranteed to not lose money! Lol

#700 1 year ago

TNA is a classic, simple but clever design. Awesome thumping soundtrack and a great theme..

Stern don’t do TNA’s only spooky can make games like this!

To quote GnR. Games like this only come round once in a lifetime!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Wanted
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/14?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.