(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 34.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

The only new change is non transferable. But that because this is directly through Spooky and not through a Distro.

You can still sell yr spot to someone else and they will transfer it to them. No change in that policy that has been available through distros as well as spooky direct customers. In fact two of my Spooky games were from buying spots off other pinsiders, 1 was through a distro and the other was direct.

What they said was they will not let you transfer your deposit from TNA to the next title they will be releasing. Spooky confirmed this already but there are too many active threads to find it and quote it for ya lol.

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

The people who really want the game the most already have one. Anyone waiting for the remake in order to save money over used prices were rejected. There's no juice left for flippers to squeeze.
I think they'll sell 250, but there is not really a reason for a mad rush.

Basically what happened with me. But I really wasn't expecting to save over used prices (at least for the base price pre tax/shipping). I assumed they'd just do a standard 7k, BSE 8k and CE 9k editions like Halloween and Ultraman. Probably would have got a BSE with some bells and whistles, so 8k was my price. Once used games started pushing $8k for a standard game, I just held out for the remake. In hindsight, I probably would have been fine ~6-9 months ago $8k for a used game and driving 8+ hours to get it vs paying $10,000 after taxes/shipping for a new "CE" level game today. But it is what it is. I could just wait for some other used games to pop up, but at this point I'm done searching and this game has been #1 on my list for a long time. I'll take the design tweaks, all the bells and whistles plus NIB and warranty and be playing the game by the end of the month it seems if they'll start shipping in a couple weeks.

#553 1 year ago

It didn’t sell out because just like JJP they priced it way too high which is why collectors editions of toy story are on the line already; spooky and JJP are definitely not helping the pinball collectors at this time

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

It didn’t sell out because just like JJP they priced it way too high which is why collectors editions of toy story are on the line already; spooky and JJP are definitely not helping the pinball collectors at this time

It's been 3.5 hours, no one claimed it was going to sell out in four hours like Rick and Morty.

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

It didn’t sell out because

Hot Takes.

Free ALL Day.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's been 3.5 hours, no one claimed it was going to sell out in four hours like Rick and Morty.

Plus it’s 250 TNA vs. 6000 TS4. Spooky will be alright.

#557 1 year ago

Spooky shutdown imminent, clearly. This hasn't sold out the same day, dead company.

#558 1 year ago

It doesn’t need to sell out immediately….. that run of 100 sold in 2 minutes was a hell of a start!

I bought game #296 somewhere around 3 months after the game came out the first time and it eventually sold out. I’m sure this will as well.

Edit: Now that I think of it there was no number for selling out. I think they went with a last call at 500 and stopped at 550.

#559 1 year ago

I owned a TNA for a year and sold it because I was moving and only wanted to move 1 pin and I didn't want to sell BM66. I miss TNA quite a bit and have had some of my more intense pinball moments playing that game. There's nothing like trying to get to a new reactor and having the ball cradled on your flipper with really no safe options. I really could see it being a great game even in a 1 pin collection if you played pinball every once and while. On the other had it does probably have a slightly higher churn rate than other pins because it can be more obviously repetitive than other pins (and not a licensed theme which makes it easier to sell). Also, it can really be rage inducing if you're a big baby like me.

Anyway, it really does hold its own in my opinion with any other pin -- just in a different way. Worth 9K?? It will be for 250 people I bet. For me no pin is worth 9K, but I think it's probably the right price from Spooky's business perspective.

(I really should stop saying really so much).

#560 1 year ago

Wait, it didn't sell out. Crap, I'm starting to get tempted . . .

#561 1 year ago

Why do people think honest / realistic people are being negative?

I didn't see any F-bombs, or curse words or mean spiritedness at all. Just the facts.
People seem to get bent out of shape over people that have a different perspective.
It's really hard to communicate tone on forums / facebook.

I also doubt Spooky is in any real trouble. They expanded and built company in a level headed
business minded approach. If they don't fill all the orders no big deal. They don't have to sell out
to stay afloat.

Pinball market has always had prices all over the board. With the huge influx of Pinball Broadcast and distributors
that know how to use social media, facebook, google ad-words and direct marketing tactics knowing they
can sell some pinball machines at a premium. Hell distros and manufactures that got your back is good. Some distros
not so good. Lot's of people in this hobby know that the price they advertise on Pinside ain't always the end result.

Anyhow Spooky is making a game available that was once limited . That isn't going to make the resale price skyrocket.
Now there is a possible 250 more with nice aftermarket mods installed. I still am happy Spooky did this but wish
Supply Chain , labor cost didn't put this game out of reach.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

The code in godzilla is far deeper and more complex.

I *never* said TNA had deeper / more complex code, I never said it was better than Godzilla.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?? I just said I would show people TNA and explain that TNA is a home brew almost like a kit-car type of machine. That TNA was designed by one person top to bottom, not a team of professionals, so TNA doesn't look near as polished as a machine from a company that has been making pins for 40+ years.

But then TNA does have attention to detail and small stuff code such as Speed Run, 2v2 team or co-op play, out lane ball saver, clock ball save timer.

Quoted from rai:

I tell people about the backstory how it was home brew and how it looks a lot less polished than Godzilla, but that it's got a lot of attention to detail in the code and the music and is shoots fast. It's a great party game.

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Why do people think honest / realistic people are being negative?
I didn't see any F-bombs, or curse words or mean spiritedness at all. Just the facts.
People seem to get bent out of shape over people that have a different perspective.
It's really hard to communicate tone on forums / facebook.
I also doubt Spooky is in any real trouble. They expanded and built company in a level headed
business minded approach. If they don't fill all the orders no big deal. They don't have to sell out
to stay afloat.
Pinball market has always had prices all over the board. With the huge influx of Pinball Broadcast and distributors
that know how to use social media, facebook, google ad-words and direct marketing tactics knowing they
can sell some pinball machines at a premium. Hell distros and manufactures that got your back is good. Some distros
not so good. Lot's of people in this hobby know that the price they advertise on Pinside ain't always the end result.
Anyhow Spooky is making a game available that was once limited . That isn't going to make the resale price skyrocket.
Now there is a possible 250 more with nice aftermarket mods installed. I still am happy Spooky did this but wish
Supply Chain , labor cost didn't put this game out of reach.

That's the internet for you. We end up arguing intensely about things that we would never ever get heated about in "real life." Can you imagine two guys in a bar yelling at each other because of pinball?

#564 1 year ago

Here's a decent deal!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141657

Zero tax and if u could pick it up...Saweet!

#565 1 year ago

Oh snap, I got # 10

Maybe I wont be getting a pinball delivery in the dead middle of Winter on this one

You pinball people got me once again

At this rate there will be no retirement and I will have to greet people at the Costco door when Im 80.

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Plus - what other game can you pimp out in all pink???
[quoted image]
(my son from 5 years ago - not me)

Needs more Pink bro

20210709_121300 (resized).jpg20210709_121300 (resized).jpg
#567 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Needs more Pink bro
[quoted image]

is it better to have your sub face the wall like that? I thought it should be facing out

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just gonna throw this here

MUST HAVES, people!

flashinstinct these are so perfect!

#570 1 year ago

32. I’m so old and slow.

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

We will start shipping in a few weeks, however we can definitely push your build back upon your request.

For real?

#573 1 year ago

For real! We can push it back to the end of the build window, which is somewhere in the ballpark of 3 to 4 months (very rough estimate).

#574 1 year ago

So... y'all want some free, signed, topper toppers?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

Yes Please!

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

Yes!

#577 1 year ago

Yes please...would be a great gift for my NEW son in Law who is recently hooked on Pinball....TNA

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

spooky_dj Yes I do!

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

Yes!

#580 1 year ago

Did it sell out?
From the looks of the order numbers posted here, it looks like they sold maybe 20.

This game is way over priced for what it is. Don't cry yet, I'm not saying its not fun, I'm saying physically this game has no parts, no molds, levels, license, etc.
and on top of that its a remake so a lot of the development costs are already paid for. It's a profitable game to make if you can sell them.

That said, I think there are definitely some bad business decisions with the extreme price hike and cutting out the distributers.

Okay, attack me now

#581 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

What we need to do? I’m TNA #2 order… maybe provide some for early birds? A suggestion.. or give to all of the 250 orders for fairness.

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Did it sell out?
From the looks of the order numbers posted here, it looks like they sold maybe 20.
This game is way over priced for what it is. Don't cry yet, I'm not saying its not fun, I'm saying physically this game has no parts, no molds, levels, license, etc.
and on top of that its a remake so a lot of the development costs are already paid for. It's a profitable game to make if you can sell them.
That said, I think there are definitely some bad business decisions with the extreme price hike and cutting out the distributers.
Okay, attack me now

I got my order in within 15 seconds and I'm number 32. Come on man!

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

What we need to do? I’m TNA #2 order… maybe provide some for early birds? A suggestion.. or give to all of the 250 orders for fairness.

They should give a signed topper to every 32nd buyer.

#584 1 year ago

It was a rhetorical question, but thanks for the confirmation, guys haha!

Scott was gracious enough to sign the HOT PINBALL ACTION topper toppers, which will be included on all 2.0 games!

Scott, you da Lionman!!

#585 1 year ago

spooky_dj Throw a few on the ol' store for us 1.0 losers

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

Yes please! If there's anything that can be radder than a topper then it's a topper's topper sporting an autograph to boot

#587 1 year ago

Is there an update for this possibly? The drop targets for locks are transparent with the 2.0, so I wouldn't want to put these on since they're opaque and lose a bit on the effect. I've seen some cut vinyl stickers of radiation logos for the transparent drops. I guess I could just cut out the hex logo in the middle and apply that?

#588 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Scott was gracious enough to sign the HOT PINBALL ACTION topper toppers, which will be included on all 2.0 games!
Scott, you da Lionman!!

Thanks! And thank you, Scott! Very cool!

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Scott, you da Lionman!!

#43 Here.... Can not wait!

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Im a Fang Club member that signed up in March specifically for this...I am not buying. I also never received my welcome gift, thanks Spooky!

Sorry to hear that, it says a lot about this company. Looks like a lot of people spending 45$ for nothing. Its like corporate welfare. Is it too much to ask to send the small gift?

Let's see the people here with deep pockets or no monetary sense bash me now. Let's goooo!

#591 1 year ago

A multi time Virginia State Pinball Champ crushing Reactor 9 on my pin at a tournament.

Scott Danesi added code to power my Twin spinning Air-Raid Siren.

This triggers a relay to start my siren and timer.

The Siren is triggered at last stage of last reactor.

I use an Industrial timer to control the spool-up/spool-down time.

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Let's see the people here with deep pockets or no monetary sense bash me now.

What about the people who are just tired of listening to this broken record? Can we bash you, too?

#593 1 year ago

This Siren is inside my cabinet

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#594 1 year ago

I think I called it guys, give me some credit. The pinball market is done for a short time. Don't worry it will be back. I think it just needs a break.

#595 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

A multi time Virginia State Pinball Champ crushing Reactor 9 on my pin at a tournament.
Scott Danesi added code to power my Twin spinning Air-Raid Siren.
This triggers a relay to start my siren and timer.
The Siren is triggered at last stage of last reactor.
I use an Industrial timer to control the spool-up/spool-down time.

Dude.. that is badass!! Talk about providing a surprise effect getting to the last stage!! Love it.

Can Scott release this as an optional download for others to add this for my new TNA 2.0?

So cool!!

#596 1 year ago

Haven’t we beaten the TS4 pricing thing to death.

Whoops, wrong thread

All pinball is good. I don’t like people telling me what they think I should do with my $$$ either.

People want to pay for this game because they like it. Good for you!

Don’t be a hypocrite and buy this and then go beat up on TS pricing.

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Dude.. that is badass!! Talk about providing a surprise effect getting to the last stage!! Love it.
Can Scott release this as an optional download for others to add this for my new TNA 2.0?
So cool!!

This version of software is on Scott's site for all to try.

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4056

Code ver 1.4.1 is what i am using now

I paid for it, but now that it exists everyone can use it.

The backglass light power is what we used to control the relay.

So, use an alternate 12v supply to power your backglass, then add relay wired to original backglass lights.

This could power a fog machine (I still might add One!) or whatever you want like a siren

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

I want signed topper toppers
Thanks
Mo # 10

and signed my spooky crew like my Halloween please

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

[quoted image]

Butter cab upgrade FREE and I will be in..Come on Spooky how about you break bread with us.

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Butter cab upgrade FREE and I in. Come on Spooky how about you break bread with us.

Lol I respect the shot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.