9C21611E-1AE0-4BF8-B2FE-E7B684B49BCC (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7437350_0 (resized).jpg
E9B36566-D419-4657-86D2-4FBE560DDEA0.gif
foo2 (resized).jpg
foo (resized).jpg
AA872EB0-0037-4E17-BF69-A7EE99D4A812 (resized).jpeg
52CE61EB-5D60-48AA-B09F-AC70B0F067C1 (resized).jpeg
A6F83A58-E153-4F2C-8EA8-608F0D9EE2D2 (resized).jpeg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 1 year ago

What machine will win your green?

Photos from manufacturers websites.

52CE61EB-5D60-48AA-B09F-AC70B0F067C1 (resized).jpeg52CE61EB-5D60-48AA-B09F-AC70B0F067C1 (resized).jpegA6F83A58-E153-4F2C-8EA8-608F0D9EE2D2 (resized).jpegA6F83A58-E153-4F2C-8EA8-608F0D9EE2D2 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

Theme... Scooby Doo. Everything Else... Foo Fighters.

All in all MOST manufacturers have been stepping it up lately. JJP is going to have to swing pretty hard with their Godfather pin.

#3 1 year ago

Neither. All manufacturers are bending people over with their prices. I’m done with NIB.

#4 1 year ago

Man the way Yeti drew FF they literally look like they are doing a guest appearance on scooby doo.

#5 1 year ago

Nice troll post. We are well aware you hate Spooky.

#6 1 year ago

No Doo for me. Foo looks amazing. Stern definitely put it's best foot forward on this one. Danger/Yeti for the win.

#7 1 year ago

none of the above but I would take FOO over Scooby 8 days a week

#8 1 year ago

Ordered an LE Foo and passed on Scooby. I wasn’t anticipating wanting Foo fighters, but Stern knocked it out of park with art, layout, mechs and theme. Foo fighters feels like a mash up of Scooby, the band and attack from Mars.

#9 1 year ago

I'm pretty excited to have both in my lineup tbh. They both bring a different atmosphere to the player that plays them.

I'm a HUUUUUGE Foo Fighters fan fwiw, but I really like what Spooky did with Scooby and I have high hopes for that game.

The best news is that there isn't another game on the horizon that piques my interest. Whew! Gotta give that wallet a rest.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'm pretty excited to have both in my lineup tbh. They both bring a different atmosphere to the player that plays them.
I'm a HUUUUUGE Foo Fighters fan fwiw, but I really like what Spooky did with Scooby and I have high hopes for that game.
The best news is that there isn't another game on the horizon that piques my interest. Whew! Gotta give that wallet a rest.

What models did you go in on for Foo and Doo?

#11 1 year ago

I grew up watching Scooby Doo, but that theme is just not something I'm buying a pin for as an adult.

Unfortunately I don't really care for Foo Fighters music either, but the way they've approached the theme as not just a band pin and what at first look seems like a really awesome layout by JD is still tempting. FF looks significantly better to me. And the irony that what they've done with FF is kinda a riff and Scooby and the mystery van, etc is not lost on me. Obviously haven't seen much but it seems a couple notches up in age level vs Scooby.

I'm waiting to see GTF from American Pinball, but man FF looks really good. Might be looking at a Pro once I sell my MET Pro...

#12 1 year ago

I don’t buy, but if both are side by side on location I’ll put a 5 in each and the one that’s more fun will get the next 5.

#13 1 year ago

Foo. Better game in my opinion and better price.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

They do the same shit ever time a JJP comes out!

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Foo. Better game in my opinion and better price.

13k for LE ... Foo
10K for SD CE...

What did I miss or guessing your going off the pro model ...
After the first batch of FF is gone how much will the price go up?

#16 1 year ago

Gotta play them first, both have things I like and dislike about them off themes and looks, but really it's the gameplay that will sell the game for me. I also want to wait and see what reliability is like on Scooby Doo as well, I've owned 3 Spooky games in the past and none were very reliable.

#17 1 year ago

Foo LE for me. I will take a look at Doo at TPF and maybe down the road if it is good I will pick one up.

#18 1 year ago

Why not both
Scooby CE and Foo pro for me.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

13k for LE ... Foo
10K for SD CE...
What did I miss or guessing your going off the pro model ...
After the first batch of FF is gone how much will the price go up?

Nada. Zip. Zero.

Overpriced Foo. But the art, animations cover it up right now.

Same formula for Stern, no mechs here, but looks great!

She looks like a hot chick you want to date.

Reality price train is coming

Doesn’t diminish the fun factor. I overpaid for a Bond LE and love it. It’s ok

#20 1 year ago

Both for me! I really like both. I feel Spooky has done a awesome job with Scooby. I love our they actually listen and are engaged in the forum. I really want to see the succeedand grow. They have awesome looking machines for great prices. I feel Stern has finally made another winner since Godzilla. I may get them and hate them but life is about taking chances. When I seen something that looks fun and awesome, I do it or buy it.

#21 1 year ago

The problem with Doo is it's a kids game with kid humour, funny when you're 8, lame when you're 48. Rock band pins will always win, they're immeasurably cool and have millions of world-wide fans.

Sadly, Doo hasn't got a chance against Foo. It's not a fair fight.

#22 1 year ago

Foo is not the theme for me, I am in for Scooby. That said, Foo looked good and I will definitely be flipping it somewhere. After the James Bond 60th drama, Foo is looking good for Stern. $3K more for the LE is a huge price difference though, and that will cool the FOMO some I think.

#23 1 year ago

When you are playing you'll be able to see the ball in Foo fighters so that's a plus.

#24 1 year ago

Any new Stern over any spooky

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

When you are playing you'll be able to see the ball in Foo fighters so that's a plus.

Agree, Scooby is very upper playfield. I believe the upper playfield is part of the reason it is a wide body.

#26 1 year ago

I'd prolly be in on a Foo if stern got off their cheap ass and used the sound system from Doo at least. My RAM thumps.

#27 1 year ago

Some weird similarities between the two.

-Van/cartoon theme
-Green powder coat with etched armor
-Alien / green guy wobble toy
-Player controlled ability to allow the ball to bypass upper playfield.
-both look super fun to flip

I’m not putting on my tinfoil hat, just pointing out some odd consistencies

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Never Hate. Pinball purchaser disappointment, yes. I love the Family American dream that Spooky pinball represents. I truly believe the company would benefit and needs to add to the design and code team to provide a better product. QC is also a issue I have with the some of products. Never Hate.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'd prolly be in on a Foo if stern got off their cheap ass and used the sound system from Doo at least. My RAM thumps.

I'd rather have a fun machine that sounded meh than a bad machine that sounds great

Speakers are upgrade-able. Playfield shots aren't

Really crossing my fingers that Spooky hires some people that actually know how to design games at some point in the future

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

I'd rather have a fun machine that sounded meh than a bad machine that sounds great
Speakers are upgrade-able. Playfield shots aren't
Really crossing my fingers that Spooky hires some people that actually know how to design games at some point in the future

You're just asking for more common/easy layouts, part of Spooky's appeal is how different the layouts are. If Scooby doesn't shoot well enough for you then you're probably out of luck.

#31 1 year ago

Galactic Tank Force?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The problem with Doo is it's a kids game with kid humour, funny when you're 8, lame when you're 48. Rock band pins will always win, they're immeasurably cool and have millions of world-wide fans.
Sadly, Doo hasn't got a chance against Foo. It's not a fair fight.

It really did crack me up in the Doo thread reading that "buyers" were working their way through the Scooby Doo DVD sets. "We are in the middle of season three now!!!"

I mean...REALLY?! Spoiler alert - it's the caretaker.

This is not a show I think I'd need watch 10 years worth of in prep to own the pin. I don't think I'd watch 1 episode. It's a cartoon for 7 year olds. Not saying there's not some charm there for a pinball machine that an adult could enjoy...but to sit down and study the entire series as if it's a serious piece of culture that needs to be digested before truly enjoying all of the subtleties, themes, and character development in order to enjoy the game to the fullest...I mean....zoinks!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really did crack me up in the Doo thread reading that "buyers" were working their way through the Scooby Doo DVD sets. "We are in the middle of season three now!!!"
I mean...REALLY?! Spoiler alert - it's the caretaker.
This is not a show I think I'd need watch 10 years worth of in prep to own the pin. I don't think I'd watch 1 episode. It's a cartoon for 7 year olds.

It's just refreshing the nostalgia for the content. I watched Demo Man, The Shadow, Congo and BS Dracula when I got the pins.

#34 1 year ago

Doo or Foo, huh. Depends on how much you like working on your NIB.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The problem with Doo is it's a kids game with kid humour, funny when you're 8, lame when you're 48.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

not some charm there for a pinball machine that an adult could enjoy...

Most of my pins are "adult themed#. Many have art that is not likely to be made today. I am really looking forward to a having a family friendly pin in my collection that anyone visiting my gameroom will want to play. Thought that was going to be WOZ at one time, and maybe one day but for now I see this as a really super value to met that need.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No Doo for me. Foo looks amazing. Stern definitely put it's best foot forward on this one. Danger/Yeti for the win.

danger maybe......yeti......not so much. unless you like 80's break dancing still. ugly as hell

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

danger maybe......yeti......not so much. unless you like 80's break dancing still. ugly as hell

The green is better on FF. Don’t like the skittles look of the pro/premium

Scooby looks good

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The green is better on FF. Don’t like the skittles look of the pro/premium
Scooby looks good

Yeah, I like yeti in general and Foo is fine, but I'll put another vote for Scooby's art.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is not a show I think I'd need watch 10 years worth of in prep to own the pin. I don't think I'd watch 1 episode. It's a cartoon for 7 year olds.

I dunno, I watched a couple episodes with my daughter (she's 15, not 7) after the pin was announced, just for the fun of it. It was fun to get the little nostalgia trip, check out the painted backgrounds and style, and I think my daughter found the early 70s vibe amusing to see.

After that I was done, it's got limited long-term appeal for adults for sure. But the brief trip down memory lane was enjoyable.

I'm not buying either, so I didn't vote. I'll flip both given the chance. If someone offered me one for free? I'd suck up my disinterest in the Foo Fighters to play that layout more I think.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, I watched a couple episodes with my daughter (she's 15, not 7) after the pin was announced, just for the fun of it. It was fun to get the little nostalgia trip, check out the painted backgrounds and style, and I think my daughter found the early 70s vibe amusing to see.

People said they were watching the ENTIRE SERIES. Like you'd sit down for a week and binge the Sopranos.

Come on man!

"Hmmm I wonder who did it this time. The caretaker?!?!?! Didn't see that coming! Well still, the subtle shift to emphasis on the personal relationship between Daphne and Fred in the latter half of season 4 really showed a maturing in the writing. And when you take the homoerotic context of Scooby and Shaggy that develops in the start of season 5, the true emotional depth of this series comes into focus. Some say season 5 is the most "important" of the run, but some may argue that the emergence of Scrappy in the latter years of the show are a contemplation of man's mortality is really where the show connects on a human level"

It's a perfectly viable kid-friendly pinball machine theme. Not one I'd have any interest in owning but I can see why many would. Just thought the whole "watching the entire series" thing was fuckin' weird! Like, buy the game, watch a couple episodes with your kids, and call it a day! You can "rediscover" the series via your brand new pinball machine!

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People said they were watching the ENTIRE SERIES. Like you'd sit down for a week and binge the Sopranos.
Come on man!
"Hmmm I wonder who did it this time. The caretaker?!?!?! Didn't see that coming! Well still, the subtle shift to emphasis on the personal relationship between Daphne and Fred in the latter half of season 4 really showed a maturing in the writing. And when you take the homoerotic context of Scooby and Shaggy that develops in the start of season 5, the true emotional depth of this series comes into focus. Some say season 5 is the most "important" of the run, but some can argue that the emergence of Scrappy in the latter years of the show are a contemplation of man's mortality is really where the show connects on a human level"
It's a perfectly viable kid-friendly pinball machine theme. Not one I'd have any interest in owning but I can see why many would. Just thought the whole "watching the entire series" thing was fuckin' weird! Like, buy the game, watch a couple episodes with your kids, and call it a day!

Bond re watch? Yep, can see it. Scooby? Don’t need to go down memory lane there.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bond re watch? Yep, can see it. Scooby? Don’t need to go down memory lane there.

Yeah we just watched Goldfinger last night.

It's gotta be the best? At least top 3.

My GF was downright lustful over Connery's hairy legs and short shorts. It was good night!

#44 1 year ago

Foo

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Clearly the villain with the best name.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My GF was downright lustful over Connery's hairy legs and short shorts. It was good night!

Ha! No doubt. Pussy Galore, Masterson, odd job. Right up there with Jaws

#47 1 year ago

Both mastersons are hot as balls.

Nice of bond to get BOTH of them killed within hours of meeting them. Must of been a rough Christmas in that family.

#48 1 year ago

The Foo stream of the LE gameplay was amazing.

#49 1 year ago

I really like what Stern have done with the FF theme (ie, not make a pure "band pin" same as Iron Maiden), I think ZY artwork is absolutely outstanding and I like what I saw in the stream re shots and layout, but I'm sticking with my Scooby order I think. It helps having a tonne of nostalgia for the theme obviously, when I watch gameplay streams of Scooby - the clips, SFX everything just takes me back to my early years and I love it. Plus I think Spooky are doing some really unique and interesting things, the modes on their games are incredibly inventive and well done, and in a larger collection (I'm up to 10) I'm really enjoying what they put out.

#50 1 year ago

We should be getting both around the same time. Will be interesting to see how they compare in coin drop side by side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
8,475 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 499.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
9,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-or-stern-foo-fighters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.