20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…but will Scooby call me a piece of shit if I miss the ramps?

The full name of this pin is Scooby Doo and the Curse of the Dark Universe.

#182 1 year ago

*throws voice* If you don't like Scrappy you aren't a true fan!

*waits for chaos to ensue*

#319 1 year ago

The real decision comes the day of and how many ppl want it. Then you need to decide if you are going to order from distro or Spooky directly. I don't know how Halloween/ULT went, but R&M was crazy.

I'm still on the fence for this game. I realized it would fit well with the themes I have, but still not sold that I want the theme bad enough to order without playing first. Will reserve judgement until after the actual reveal.

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Please tell me one of the mechs is some kind of trap. Gotta rep Fred, maybe throw in a nice ascot as an extra goodie.

and a hideout for Scooby/Shaggy.

I just want to know how they are going to mechanize the mask removals! :p

#571 1 year ago

The apron locks is interesting. Has that been done before?

#859 1 year ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Give us a Scooby Snack dispenser in the DBV and hook it up to code, and I will pay whatever you're asking!

I feel like they may have missed an opportunity to use a multiball lock as a scooby snack build/dispenser.

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thank you! I have yet to play a Spooky game that shoots well. They are all so clunky. Say what you want about Stern and JJP, but they know how to perform the base fundamentals of pinball, shot geometry.
People need to drop the home run deal on this until we play it. I sure hope it’s a home run. Spooky needs one after the last release.

I disagree on this. People like to say this but what it really means is you are used to what Stern does, and you do not adapt well (or give enough effort) for games with different types of geometry or shoot a bit harder because the shots are tighter. With enough time into a game you can learn how to play them so that they are not clunky. R&M is NOT clunky. It is smooth - once the rail fixes are done. I can agree that they may have needed to work on putting a game together because many did not play well out of the box, but nothing was done (fixed) that was different, they just didn't follow the graphics close enough to round the orbits as they should have been. The design was there, but the assembly line did not follow them apparently. I've played earlier Spooky games that are not clunky either (can't speak to HWN/ULT).

I say it often around here but Sterns are very much samey feeling. I think this is why people praise it so much, they are familiar with little variation in the way that makes you feel like you can't pat yourself on the back for not sucking. Some keep saying Godzilla is so different, but it really isn't. Every manufacturer has a feel, it's always been this way. Some are better than others, some are quirky, some people like some, not others, etc. It's no different now.

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yes and no.
Certainly there’s a lot that is learned as the machines get out there in the world.
The owners threads wind up being a wealth of knowledge for fixing and adjusting things.
But yes, bugs and fixes certainly get worked out on later run games.
Personally I prefer to get a game earlier and play the various stages of code as it progresses.
My Rick and Morty is #37, so I was fairly early.
I really enjoyed playing the early code and watching to game progress over time into what it is now.
I also don’t mind getting an early game that I might have to adjust or fix a few things.
I think that’s just part of pinball.

I don't like that aspect really. I'm too old to be someones beta tester when dropping 10k on something. This is one of the worst things about pinball in my opinion.
New fleshed out features or gameplay? Sure, but working out bugs and waiting on game crashing bugs to be worked out? Not so much. These aren't 50 video games, and it's already bad enough there. It's not an overstatement to say that pinball machines are mostly released way before the code is ready and it has gotten worse over time.

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I agree with Coindork…I love being early and finding ways to improve and watching the game mature. I guess we all have our comfort zones…and that’s ok. We all can use our money the way we want. I think anyone can agree with that.

The 'we can use our money how we want' is a copout to the point I was making. This is a product. You aren't on the testing team. You may enjoy it, so be it, but that isn't a good business model. Do you buy other high dollar items and hope to get to troubleshoot them? Maybe they need to sort the business model to only sell to routes to work out kinks, and then to home buyers. I don't know, but waiting a year or more for the code to get worked out is just a crap of a way to run a business, no matter what the business is.

I know the next statements are along the lines of 'don't buy' and 'you have other games to choose from', but that doesn't improve the situation. These are valid complaints. Clearly some people care more than others, and I've already shown, I tolerate it too but it doesn't mean it doesn't bother me.

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Well we know that you have no problem working on and fixing games The number of pages for rick and morty fixes to get those early games to play right was overwhelming. But yeah it’s different for everyone depending on your level of skill. But people should agree that spending the amount of money on a new in box pin that we spend should not then be forced to make the game play right or fix a ton of stuff right off the bat. Instead of rushing these games out how about a little, just a little, better quality control would go a long way.
Sending out new decals to a customer that just spent 10 grand on a new in box game that came messed up due to poor QC isn’t a fair resolution to the issue as that person either has to spend time (time is money) fixing it if they can or pay someone to do it. I mean it’s not like they are churning out 1,000 pins a day take the damn time to look it over before boxing it up.
Rant over

I think you may have said it better than me. Rather than use a cargument, I'll go with TV's. I spent $7k on a TV. If it blacked out/rebooted/etc every hour or so, I'd be furious and sending it back. I think asking for better QA and code that is further along at release for pinball is a rather small thing to ask for. (note that these are not really aimed at Spooky, but in general). The only company I've been 100% happy with is CGC, but I'm sure some people even had issues with them.

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That doesn't mean it's a deep game automatically or anything, but just to utilize that many callouts indicates a certain amount of attention to software.

It's not a shabby number. My guess on this is that because you can pick a character, and have all 5 happening in a game, that all 5 voices have a set of the same callouts for things in the game that each player hear. Additionally there may be group callouts, I would assume many shaggy/scooby shenanigan callouts as well.

If they had an actual conversation/argument that might be funny too.

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I don’t think all of the people that did not like HWN/UM were flipper. Those games are for sure not for everyone, I’ll admit that.
The thing is, that there were a certain number of people that bought those machine with no other intention other than flipping them for more money. I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at the time considering Rick and Morty was selling at a premium. When that did not work out well and they couldn’t sell them a few of them got all pissed and started trash talking on pretty much every for sale thread etc.
Personally I think it’s funny as hell.
If buying a NIB pinball machine thinking your going to flip it for a profit is your great money making scheme I think you have bigger issues.

I think it goes beyond flipping. Keep in mind that with the higher prices came a mindset for many that they could buy a game, play it for a month or two, then sell it recouping the cost or more and move on to the next game. With HWN/ULT that really didn't happen because the code is so far from finished. Additionally, well, I get the impression that game is an aquired taste and not for everyone.

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

1750 (HW and UM) in 4 hours.

That is not how it went down. Distros were sitting on both for multiple days (I think ULT was over a week before they all sold). R&M didn't sell out as quick as stated either. People were saying once Spooky ran out on their website it was sold out, which was not true.

I mean, it's great that they did, but the numbers thrown around are misleading.

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

No gameplay. Just Q/A session answering when they will show gameplay.

So the question everyone should ask is just "when can we see gameplay?"

#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Spooky was sold out…distros were not. That was the truth.

More like a half truth!

I mean you said 1750 sold in 4 hours. So..you do the math.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I said this back on post #832. I'll say it again.

Why? Do we really need Shaggy saying "Like, let's get the fuck out of here Scoob!"?

I mean...I didn't think so until you said it.... Kevin Smith's Scooby group in Jay and Silent Bob strike back was the best live version ever made and it was only on screen for a few minutes.

#1327 1 year ago

I saw that. The Velma thing? That looks horrible. I can't believe the license owners signed off on that one.

I'm still trying to figure out at what point Velma became a sex symbol.

#1394 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Does the book shelf flipper have a rubber? Doesn’t look like it. If not may need a backup.

yes, you can see it in some of hte promo shots. That bookshelf sits on top/around the back of an actual flipper.

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Wonder why they posted already if they need approval for everything. I assume the 3 tiers photo was blurred for the same reasons. Sucks, as if the license holder is really going to have and idea/opinion better than Spooky here on what to show off or what the game should look like. It's a pinball machine made and designed by a pinball company, and they paid to license. What are old Scooby do execs going to complain about? Unless this is a deal where they are throwing in money for marketing, sounds like they have a tad bit too much control over living your life if you can't livestream the game. It's coming out soon anyway.

They had the same limitations more or less when revealing R&M. Tight timelines of getting signoff/approval and trying to show the game. Licenses...I hate em.

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Anyway, it looks good so far and I hope we get something with real audio and the display included soon. Seeing the ball move is a good step, but it would also be nice to see how different shots are integrated with the modes and multi balls. ie - shooting a ramp is good, shooting a ramp and hearing Shaggy say "Jackpot! Now shoot the left orbit for Super!" or Velma saying "Clue collected, the next clue is on the center ramp" gives us more feedback on how the game operates.
Cheers!

One of the things I called out (all just guesses at this time) is that because it is 5 player, and each player can be a different character from the show, I think each character has the same string of callouts. Meaning -- each one yells "Jackpot!" depending on who the player is, etc. Rather than a specific character calling out a specific thing in every game. I am sure there ARE such things, as well as group stuff, and of course shaggy/scooby characteristic callouts (being scared, etc). But I think the majority of callouts will be identical based on what character you are (in their voice and style of phrasing). Just a guess though.

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We're calling it the "Bravery Meter". When you start a CASE it will act as both a multiplier and pseudo-timer. The higher your bravery the higher your scoring potential. Loose all your bravery and you're frightened off the case. Going forward, this is an example where we intend to differentiate the selectable characters. Shaggy and Scooby will frighten more easily, but can restore bravery with Scooby Snacks.

So does each character have different scoring characteristics then? (choosing one over another has an impact?)

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was under the impression that the deposit isn't transferable to other games. Other people who want to take responsibility for the remainder of payment and accept shipping, I thought was ok. Am I wrong?

you are correct.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm in..first mod I'm doing, is replacing the windshield of the mystery van, with an lcd screen (and maybe the driver-side window) with animation of them driving, from the original series

I wanted to do this with R&M bill slot. Put an LCD with animation in there that looked like looking in the battery world and if you shook the game they'd start screaming/yelling/running around freaked out.

Ultimately my dreams always far outshine my abilities

#1587 1 year ago

threat broke?

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is why Alien sucks. It can't function on location due to flawed software. I have both a R&M and HW on location and have had no issues with them. I put a TNA CE out but it lasted less than a month before it broke but it is a bad opto and not a software issues so far.

Yes, this is unfortunate with Alien, although I haven't had any lock ups with it for months. It really does shine in the home environment though.

#1603 1 year ago

The underplayfield looks quite similar to how PB Alien is.

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd love to do a Pinky & The Brain, but I don't think it would be super popular.

That's a theme you could take over the world with.

#1739 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Not if you listen to Alanis Morrisette.

It's like eating all your scooby snacks, when you're only half baked

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

anamaniacs would be awesome and you can include pinky and the brain!

oddly I would be down for this. I love both.

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Yours is the best comment in this whole topic. I can't believe they want me to make a decision on which model to buy, without even showing a picture of what all 3 playfields look like. I know I don't want the green armor or the topper, and I'm also not a fan of 5 different colored ramps or green colored plastic protectors. So I guess I'll have to go with the BSE, WITHOUT EVEN SEEING IT, AT ALL.

or you know....wait until those things are actually shown. *zoinks!*

In case no ones figured it out yet, if you don't like business practices, throwing money at them anyway doesn't give them any incentive to change those practices.

#1764 1 year ago

I haven't played HWN but man GotG is sooooo not fun.

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Just above home built? Huh. Didn’t think that when I play a Rick and Morty. Might be eating your words I’m thinking. Better than an Alien with QC. Maybe restructure your thoughts perhaps?

Uh don't go overboard. I love my R&M, but it had a lot of work to do to get it to play like it was supposed to. Very little issues with Alien, and I have a much earlier Alien than R&M.

One thing about Spooky games is they are inconsistent in build quality, it's not exactly a secret.

#1835 1 year ago

I dont doubt that will happen in short order. If you do see someone trying to sell a pre-order spot for a profit, just know that is heavily frowned upon by some distributors and manufacturers. Spooky deposits are non refundable, not transferable, and can't be cancelled.
This per my distributor, and I applaud this statement
[quoted image]

Well that's interesting and new as far as I know, but...ultimately, not sure it will matter.

#1847 1 year ago

I disagree about the cabinet art..it is literally the van...you guys crack me up. How many of you fawn over the sides for years? Most of you(us) put them in a lineup and rarely see them outside of unboxing or moving them around.

Give me $500-1000 off and give me a flat black painted cab and boom.

#1853 1 year ago

but..it's not priced above? might just be a hoax ad...since they haven't even went up for sale yet.

#1992 1 year ago

I got 10 near the front. You all can have first cracks at them on Ebay!

#1999 1 year ago

Think of it this way guys. They can't sell out if they can't sell them You got plenty of time.

#2017 1 year ago

"I'd have gotten CE #1 if it wasn't for that meddling Spooky web site!!"

#2026 1 year ago

I mean..they know this is going to happen. I can't help but think the 'we only do this every 18 months' is the real reason this keeps happening.

#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Really on the fence on this one. Early information suggests this game could be winner on all fronts. Have the opportunity to get in on a CE (only one I'd be interested in as I'm a sucker for awesome cabinet artwork) but ideally wouldn't pull the trigger until actual gameplay and asset footage reveal (which likely isn't possible in light of the fact that Spooky doesn't have all licensor approval locked up yet). Plus, I was waiting on MMr from CGC--but that doesn't look like its going to happen until at best Q3 or Q4 of 2023 and if SD turns out to be "the whole package" it would be a shame to miss the boat and rely on the vagaries on the secondary market. Decisions, decisions...

This game has over 2x as many as R&M. With the current state of things, even if it is a hit, it is unlikely it is going to dramatically increase in value like R&M did. Most likely it will easily be available on the second hand market. Just like every new game.

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

In my opinion they are similar to Bally/Williams games, and to me that's a good thing. There's a reason many of those games are still crazy expensive. I want to add a R&M. I've heard the code is incredible on that one, but I dont know about "deep." My impression is that the code on Scooby may be deeper than on prior Spookys.

I would say code on R&M is very deep, but not in the conventional way. It does have the more modern multipliers, and 10 actual modes, but where it shines and makes it completely original and deeper than most is the dimensions (of which there are...50 ish?) the combination of these stacked on top of multiballs and modes can make each play very unique. and you can go through multiple dimensions while in a single mode.

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from Epik:

So I was looking at buying on the spooky website and when I could not, I went to a distributor to get a CE instead. Now I feel a little upset since I now could have gotten it direct and assured that I would get it sooner. Since there is no way to get a "where in line I am" response from the distributor, I don't want to find out that I could have bought it direct and how it sooner, but now since I bought it through a distributor, I possibly won't get it till towards the end of the CE run. Grumble Grumble...Zoinks

No that's not how it works. Buying from Spooky would not get it to you any sooner really. You're talking differences of 50. (they may have tweaked it some I dunno)

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

When do you think this game will be sold out?

It won't matter, there will be many games up for sale long before they are done building them, just like every release.

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

How is the serial number provided already?

He time warped to 1970.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve not been following this release at all (I’m not really into the theme). Has it sold out? How many games are being made total?

1969 games, not sold out yet, but sounds like it sold well so far, maybe 80%?

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I’m 1977, so a little late…..but still love scooby!
Thanks man!

is this a running gag?

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was seriously considering SD. However, after the new Halloween update I am out. The update is a disaster full of bugs and WTF moments. They kept talking about the great things that we coming, and while there were some cool things most of what they talked about were not there but plenty of bugs. I have praised Spooky all along the way, but not even having a Halloween for the coder to test the new code on?? WTF??
Spooky, you seriously need to stop worrying about the next game and focusing on finishing the last one (code wise) first. We deserve better.

While the R&M code I think went along smoother than HWN, something similar came out during the wait there too which was a surprise. The person coding only had the whitewood or early proto to test on, which seemed kind of odd as it was clear there was something working differently in some peoples games than others. Maybe this is normal in pinball?

#2718 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exactly. Matt has provided his personal email in the HW thread - if anyone sees any bugs, just let him know! Send him an email!
He will sort it out.
PS - he has a machine on hand … Even airfreighted pinball machines take some days to get to the other side of the world.
Scooby code - the programmer DJ has already said, the code will be at 1.0 when the game ships. They’ve been working on it for ages.
I know for some, “reading is hard” - but the guy said it here in this thread.

rd

To be fair....1.0 as the number really doesn't mean anything.

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'd be into a game that offers quick playability but also has deep and interesting code/rules for more seasoned players. I haven't played of recent games, but I think of something like GoT with the house selection and how it changes the way you approach the game. I know other games have done similar things. It would also be cool if there were a mode or two that were Valinor level dumb - something to strive for. With 5 characters, 7 villain modes, and mystery modes...It sounds like Scooby could end up being a pretty interesting game. Surface level thoughts of course.

They mentioned that scooby and shaggy scare easy...so I'm thinking that who you select as your player impacts scoring multipliers and other things.

#2816 1 year ago

When I was little living in Texas I remember going to a Hanna Barbera Land and they had this thing where you acted out all this stuff in a green screen and put you in a scooby episode.

#2835 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I agree that that would look cool, but I think the point of the spotlights is to light up the area better and flame bulbs won't do that very well.

You could make it do double duty. It is intended to light up behind it, but you could have the flickering bulb toward the player (essentially two bulbs). The cosmetic side toward player, useful side pointed where it needs to be

#2854 1 year ago

So we're at phase 4 now?

#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Per Spooky, all CEs will be run first, then BSEs and last the few SEs ordered by people. Since we now know number 1854 is a BSE, either Spooky has sold at least 1854 of the 1969 games and the game is close to being sold out. Or they are planning to run the sold CEs first, then all un-sold games as CEs, then the sold BSEs, and last the sold SEs. If this second scenario is correct, then we don't know how many Scooby-Doo games are still unsold.

Spooky doesn't do a certain number of each. They do what is ordered for a total of 1969. (at least, that is how they have always done it).

Remember that the game #'s are in order by distro depending on who you bought from that person have something in the 1800's doesn't really mean anything concrete. What this ends up being though is that someone could have a high number who ordered early, but someone ordering later from someone else could have a much lower number.

The distros having a 'set number' of each is..mostly cosmetic. I'm really not even sure why they allot them that way.

#3441 1 year ago

I'm behind...time to start taking out high interest loans.

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I remember like 10 years ago we use to buy pinballs because we liked playing them.

That's because 10+ years ago they costs hundreds of dollars - if you were paying thousands it was considered rare. The prices now make you have to actually pick and choose and consider longevity and if it will drop in price considerably by the time you are done with it. Or if you want the hassle of getting a game you might not like and then having to deal with selling it. It's not pokemon cards. That's not even mentioning that you could actually play the games before having to put a deposit on them. There may be a lot of pinball locations recently, but even then you may not see a specific game in the wild to try it.

The only reason I pre ordered R&M was because I figured I would never get to play it. I just lucked out that it ended up being good and I liked it.

Seriously, the prices are the issue with the hobby now. It's not 'fun' it's stressful. It's no longer a tinkerer's hobby (exclusively). It's a rich persons hobby.

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The crazy part of that is that even when games were “cheap”, you still had to pick and choose what you were going to spend money on.

True, but you got to play them first (most of the time). Space has always been a limiting factor moreso than money. Actually, and the other limiting factor was i if they worked or not and if parts were available. Now...I'd say money is a higher limiting factor for many more than any other reason in general.

#3459 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Being out of space is probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It really forced me to pick and choose what I wanted to keep and what I was willing to sell. I’ve gone though these phases where I kind of curate the collection in a sense.
Did the same thing with my arcade game collection where I wound up keeping the machines I played the most and all of the 1970s black and white games (which is my main collection). Life’s a lot simpler when you’re out of space and have to decide if you like a machine enough to get rid of one of your keepers.

Haha yeah. I think living in the boonies has helped me keep my collection in check.

#3499 1 year ago

Interestingly the Youtube comments have been pretty positive.

#3572 1 year ago

I think the part of this hobby that is the most questionable is what does a distro actually do in the digital transaction age? I've done both direct and through distros, and in both situations I dealt with the manufacturers not the distros when something was needed. We don't like to make car comparisons, but in most products that are not cars, you get replacements if your purchase is broken or a lemon. That isn't the case with pinball. What I've heard is that distros can help with getting issues resolved, but I don't necessarily think that is the case these days. The customers have little leverage anymore because the companies keep selling out. This also means the distros have little leverage because they don't actually 'need' your business, they have others lined up waiting and they aren't sitting on stock for months for almost anything.

I'm sure there are scenarios where they shine, don't get me wrong, I just think that their involvement is more heavily around operators than home owners and I'm not sure the transition to service to the homeowner is as apparent as it is to operators because business has changed over the decades, and unless you are one of their old buddies that's been ordering from them non stop forever, you aren't getting too much special treatment.

#3576 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

-Email stern about a problem you're having trouble solving while you are still under warranty…
-Then email Greg at FlipnOut about the issue on a machine you bought from them.
Let me know which gets back with you first. (Hah, if at all.)

Sounds like a Stern issue. I don't buy NiB Sterns. I have to play them first and they are generally widely available. I do however get your point.

#3596 1 year ago

as much scooby as i watched as a kid, i don't remember that villain at all. I only remember some old guys in mansions.

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I for one would never glue a Barbie doll head to one of my machines. I feel like that would ruin the value of my doll collection.

You haven't lived until you have. Then post it for sale here for 2x the value because of mods and grab the popcorn.

#3715 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

After owning 60+ pins over the years, the only upper PF that's still in my collection is WH20...fits so well with the theme and flows well with the shots/rules.
I love my AC/DC Premium and still play it often, but avoid the lower PF...doesn't do anything for me.
Overall I find upper/lower PF's gimmicky and not-so-fun.

I feel the gimmick is the point. Some are funner than others. I personally like the variation of the AC/DC lower pf. I think they probably could have done more with it, but it is what it is. My favorites are Haunted House and Black Hole though. I love the upper pf in TZ as well. There's only so much variation you can do with a pinball layout, and most of it has been rehashed. I wonder if people thought the first ramps were gimmicky. (not sarcastically)

#3756 1 year ago

Who can keep track. Scooby Doo had more reboots than Batman!

#3872 1 year ago

You can see in the for sale ads below that multiple distros still have them.

#3910 1 year ago

Oh we are at the conspiracy phase now! So exciting.

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I don’t understand the rush to start the owners group. There we’re 4 started for Bond and the first official one was started by someone that cancelled his reservation.

It's much like everything else around here...gotta be first. It's an ego thing.

#3962 1 year ago

Deleted ; no longer has context

#3973 1 year ago

Deleted ; no longer makes sense

#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

While working inside a game a playfield fell on my head once, but thanks to cartoon physics I wasn't hurt.

I've had that happen...how no one has ever had their throat slit or a hole in their head is amazing.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Temporarily locked for clean-up.
Good grief folks.
[edit]: Ok, we're back. No more Godwin's Law nonsense, ok? Thanks

Hah. I somehow had never heard of that.

#4126 1 year ago

lol, after that I thought the surprise might be Scooby 53rd Anniversary SLE for $30k

#4166 1 year ago

Can't wait to see what this suprise is!! The word "secure" leads me to believe it's a licensed asset which is super exciting!! Maybe the "coin, coin, coin" attract mode sound? Maybe some chase scene music? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great!!

Yes! Scrappy Doo is IN!

#4185 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I still want to see some actual gameplay footage.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

Now that we are about a week into the new year, when are we going to see an official gameplay video? I am ready to watch another video 100 times.

After the first game is delivered?

#4189 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Boy, I wouldn't want to take a chance that the first gameplay video put on display could be amateur or negative in any way. Imagine someone does an unboxing and goes to turn it on and it just doesn't start. Or it does start but there's a significant issue. Or the gameplay is just terrible because the owner isn't so great at pinball, or he or she let's their kid play and it's so bad that you question if it's the player or the game. Opens up tons of variables.
I'd want to get in front of that and put out a gameplay video if I were Spooky. Live if possible. That's def going to make people who have been waiting want to buy in.

We've been through this before. Licensing timelines seem to be tight all the time and is generally what they are waiting on. I'm sure they are wanting to get code as close to ready as well before a true reveal.

#4199 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone who mentions the Doo that shall not be named should be down voted into oblivion.

Why do you hate cute puppies?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4212 1 year ago

Next thing you guys will be saying you want an Brady Bunch pin without Oliver!

#4244 1 year ago

You guys need to step up this hype thread. The Bond SLE Anti-Hype thread has caught up!

#4259 1 year ago

Don't be.

#4303 1 year ago

I told you already, they secured Scrappy!

#4314 1 year ago

...and the world fell into 30 years of darkness when an internet forum comment started what was known as "The Scrappy Wars".

scrappy2 (resized).PNGscrappy2 (resized).PNG
#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:As long as it's less than $20,000 you got Stern beat!

I think you meant to say art blades.

#4333 1 year ago

....see guys. They got Scrappy Doo!

#4340 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Spooky- you guys are giving us the most asset complete modern game I can think of. Thank you for being dedicated to theme integration.
Also please… one scrappy do Easter egg is clearly needed.

Clearly this needs to be "let me at em" on ball launch.

#4348 1 year ago

So, I guess my question is, Scott Innes isn't what Spooky was referring to as an announcement is it? I assume they already had him for however long they've been working on this?

#4378 1 year ago

I thought they had said all the voice acting was already done? Maybe misunderstood.

#4384 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It was. We got even more! That's the cool part lol also adds a ton more villains and characters that otherwise weren't able to be voiced.

Sweet.

#4394 1 year ago

I think the people wanting R rated are getting caught up in the odd Velma cosplay pandemic going around.

#4469 1 year ago

Yeah...wtf? Spare parts day?

#4487 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

The new Velma show is horrible and does not do the original Scooby doo show no justice and should not have been aired as some spinoff of the original. Glad this spooky game is not based on it . I did not even finish the first episode and there are 2 you can watch. Horrifying how once loved characters from my childhood have now been changed out with entirely new ethnic backgrounds and either gay or Tran , let’s include all other things
Example , let Fred be handicapped with a missing leg. Velma can have cerebral palsy, Daphne’s hair can be gone from chemotherapy and be battling breast cancer.
Scooby can be an alien dog from mars and gay . Come on writers ! Make it so.
Velma is soft porn for real . Felt bad for Asian daphne getting beat down in the girls shower by possibly Indian Velma . Lots of cartoons asses and boobies in the first 5 minutes I thought it was a pornhub episode

Sorry you are stuck in the 50's.

#4493 1 year ago

You guys all understand that Velma has been gay for decades right? I don't mean to ruin your childhood. The post above comes off pretty homophobic.

#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I own Rick and Morty and UM and I would not call either game a "beginner friendly". Mostly in R&M new players don't understand the garage and middle loop shots and are often drained when they get into the portal since the staged ball pops up QUICK. UM also has a bit of a learning curve for new players as it has the two in-lane lifters that drop the ball onto the flippers while also distracting you with videos and lights. BUT, all the newer players that play my games usually figure it out in a game or two. But, I would not say either of the Spooky games I own would do well with a truly new button mashing player, they wouldn't get very far.

Agreed. I don't think Scooby looks as mean shot wise as those though.

#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

All it takes is one. It didn't have to happen...some can't resist going off topic for their personal agenda.

And in case there's any confusion as to what post and person that was.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/90#post-7347769

#4516 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh no, there's a cartoon, and it has a non-white person in it. Jeeves, fetch my fainting couch, I think a feel the vapors coming on.
Anyways, back to arguing about if it's a trail or a subway. Wait a sec, I'm getting a call.
[quoted image]
He says it's definitely called a subway.

I sometimes forget what the main demographic of this forum is. It only takes a few posts to remind me. I wonder who in scooby doo lore many in this thread would most associate themselves with. If I had to guess, most would fall into.......with more modernized memes.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Man, go away for a few weeks...
[quoted image]

It's literally one and a half pages and a few posts man. Some of you are so melodramatic.

#4531 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Yep. The woke parade marched through and labeled everyone homophobes and racists this go-around. How dare one cherish their pure childhood memories of Scoob and the gang, and not embrace today’s sexualization of literally everything?

I guess if the mask fits....LOL (that's how I do that right?)

#4560 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, that is a scary thought. Committing to a purchase and 2 weeks later needing that money so bad it's ok to lose hundreds/thousands. If your can't afford to lose the money, don't spend 10k on a silly game. That's just me, though. I only ask because it happens with every release.

I think that scenario is probably the less often reason. Most of it I'm sure (with all releases) is the rush of buying it, then later the second guessing and regret when clarity hits. In addition to people who probably ordered hoping to be front of the line, but got a year out number and deciding to wait or go to another game. The FOMO release cycle is real.

2 weeks later
#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It hasn't been coded yet.
I kid, I kid

Let's be honest. This is funny.

#5383 1 year ago

Did you guys see the part at 1:10 where he taps in a flipper code to unlock Scrappy?

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I loved the animations. I doubt they would ever get old, but forwarding through them is easy and nice.

They do on all games. You watch them for a few games and then after that you click though them pretty much every time. I pointed this out in the R&M thread. Non pin people don't even watch them, they just immediately start hammering the flippers. Most people do not like long waits in game play. I think creators should start thinking about leaving the longer ball waits/animations for multiball rather than within normal play. There's a period of exploring possibilities with animation/screens that we are going through right now, but at the end of the day it is fluff to the game play and most people won't care about it after they've seen them a few times.

#5476 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It really doesn't take much effort to press both Flippers at once , especially since you fingers are already on the buttons

Mine was more of a resource/dev cost. Those things could be diverted elsewhere.

1 week later
#6057 1 year ago

I'm picky about what I buy NiB. Not because I can't afford them or are in the least bit worried if the value goes up or down, but simply because I don't want the hassle of selling a game shortly after I get it because I don't like it (or moving games in and out for that matter). This is why 99% of the time (R&M being the only exception) I play games before I ever decide.

As I've said repeatedly. Throwing quarters in a machine is a whole different thing than committing 8-10k to one.

Now, all that being said, the newer crop of pinheads are indeed largely hedging their buys/bets that the prices will remain close or go up. If prices were to drop considerably, you can bet you're going to see a whole lot of complaining.

Point being, everyone has their different reasons and limits.

1 month later
#6438 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:About 15 games in and you can see what I believe to be a crack on the left bottom side of the left ramp. I think I saw a few posts about it many pages ago but that whole assembly seems weak when hit from the right. I do fear it wont be long before that screw is holding in nothing. Other slight nuisance is that the auto plunge timing seems off. It attempts to fire early enough before the ball is just in place to not launch leaving the ball in lane requiring me to hit the lock down button to launch. Will try to dig in a bit this weekend.

I think this was brought up in the owners thread. I think they determined it is just a gap in the powdercoat, and not an actual crack in the ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.