20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#738 1 year ago

Not a theme I desired and I've purchased three Spooky games to put on location in the co-op for all Vermonters to play and enjoy, but I swore off Spooky because of the software issues. Each game I had NIB (TNA, ACNC, R&M) kept resetting and freezing and ultimately I couldn't have them on location because they were unreliable.

But then this comes out and.... DAMNIT! I need to buy it. It's so beautiful. The layout is amazing. A widebody too? It's just awe-inspiring. Spooky hits a homerun. I want this game. I need this game! I am amazed. Plus the price is literally perfect for this title. It's not too cheap, it's not too expensive. Nailed it from head to toe imo.

Questions:

The software: Is the code complete? Probably not, right? NBD since nobody does that anymore, not even Stern.

Will we see gameplay videos?

How can I be sure that this game won't have the same issues the others have had? My only real complaint ever about any Spooky is the software. If the game doesn't reset and freeze, then I am all over this title.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm shocked the price is so low. How?

I don't think it's that low tbh. I think Spooky did a good job putting things together and used their parts wisely. Plus with tax and shipping we're talking about the lowest model being near 9k probably, right?

Speaking of mechs... is there a cool mech in this game? I saw the multiball release mechs, but that doesn't wow me. It gives me that "oh neat!" feeling, but what about a mech? The only cool one from Spooky I ever saw was Frakenstein... and I loved that one! "FEED MYYYYYYY, FRAKEN-STEIN!", dude rises up, balls come out. Love it. One of my favorites.

#801 1 year ago

Every time I read more and more about this game, all the work and creativity that went into it, all the cool mechs, layout, etc.... the more excited I get.

This game is a home freakin run. I mean, wow. Just wow.

But I still wanna see gameplay, and I'm still once-bitten twice-shy about the code.

If the code is legit, we're easily looking at the best pin coming from any company in years.

#1534 1 year ago

I'm almost 100% on board. My last concern: freezing & resetting

I've had many Spooky pins on location, but all had to be removed because the software was unreliable.

If I buy this new game and the game freezes or resets on day 1, I'm gonna be furious-ish (I don't get mad, so whatever that is, lol).

I wish there was a way to alleviate that concern somehow, if it's truly fixed.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

SD > Bond imo.

JB Premium = the cost of a SDCE.

And I would argue that the comparison of what's in these games is a night and day difference. The code for Bond isn't even done yet. Tons of circles in the screen... I have no idea what's happening.

SD > Bond, no doubt. Not even close either.

Now... back to the resetting / freezing concerns...

#1893 1 year ago

Bah.

I eventually decided to buy one. I just tried to order one for location. No spots left.

Guess I'm out.

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Oh no…. My page was loading and it checked me out for two and charged me $4k… crap. Emailed squirrel to hopefully get the second cancelled so someone needing the game can get it.

omg lol

#1946 1 year ago

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not order through a distributor if the site isn't working properly?

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Butter cab is $1449 this time…..

Well it's a widebody. That's a lot to cover.

/jokey-joke

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Its the thrill of the chase lol. I was hoping for an early one. I didn't get in line with a distributor so now would be at the end of the line. It will be quicker to get a used one now. Thats my plan, if I end up getting one now. At least now I can see if there are issues and if the gameplay video in the future look enticing.

Yeah me too. Tried to get in, didn't make it, and since I'd have it on location there's no real point in getting a later build.

So unless one comes along, I guess I'm out too.

#1963 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yeah I just found out the hard way that the $1000 SE deposit ended up as $1040.
But hey, at least it went through. It wouldn't be very OP of me to start the hype thread and not order the game.

Is this your first NIB from Spooky? I don't ever recall you buying one before.

#1967 1 year ago
Quoted from Lot49:

I am looking into the CE, but concerned the height of the basement won't support the topper. Anyone know how easy they would be to remove?

It can't be that hard. The R&M one was easy to detach. I'd be shocked if it wasn't just a couple screws and a connector like last time.

#2248 1 year ago

I'M IN!

I'm in I'm in I'm in! Woohoo!

Thank you Charlie, thank you Morgan, thank you Spooky!

Spooky NIB Game #4 at the co-op SOON!

#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Okay… so this is my first spooky… what is the rubber quality like on the game? what about balls? With stern I often replace bands and balls before the first game.

Everything is solid. That's one thing I love about Spooky is they take customer feedback pretty seriously. I'd rather pay more for a game with quality parts, and as a result Spooky does not cheap out. The difference between games like the first run of TNA vs Halloween is night and day, for example.

Quality parts is never an issue. Spooky was the first company to rectify the playfield issues that everyone else was having. And their customer support is the best in the biz. I needed help on my ACNC, they called me on the phone and got me the parts I needed the next day, over a thousand miles away. WHAAAAT!?

So yeah, pretty solid company imo. And with this new game they seem to be giving it their all, and the price is pretty fair, so I'm willing to roll the dice. Rest assured, they will back their products as they do with each and every release.

#2597 1 year ago

I wonder if anyone is wondering how close to selling out they are.

#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:Now I'm torn between SD CE and ALIEN LV, lol...I do have a CE Spot for Scooby, and I'll keep it. I kinda getting pumped for this..BUT I just played an ALIEN yesterday in Seattle, and I fell in love with that machine...so badass and this one actually had zero problems..(problems aside, labor of love)..Now I have to sell something in my collection to get both of these machines!

I own Alien, and it's amazing. Simply amazing. There's a reason it hit the #1 spot before people who don't know anything about it starting hating on it.

Order both, figure it out later.

#2945 1 year ago

There are a few distributors out there claiming they sold out of Scooby Doo!

I did not see that coming this early.

#3030 1 year ago

I don't know if this was posted or how many people saw it, but this is a great video break down of everything Scooby Doo. They go into such detail that I learned more about the game than I realized watching it on my own.

#3126 1 year ago

I wonder how the code will work.

A crime happens, I push my gang to look for clues to solve the crime, and then when I get enough clues I make my guess, catch the crook, unmask and see if I'm right?

Total guess, but if so that sounds pretty fun. Huge number of combinations that exist if this is the format, which keeps the game fresh every time you play it.

Forgot about the lock bar button. Tons of uses for that, but I would assume scooby snacks being the main one, or even the only one.

I'm pretty excited about this game!

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Do we know who is going to be helping them with gameplay reveal? I vote for SDTM Zach/Greg.

Quoted from reffob:

Bug says "this January you're definitely going to see gameplay, you're definitely going to see a Deadflip livestream where we'll go into detail about everything in the game and play for a few hours." Sounds good to me.

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

An expanded W?D perhaps?

Yeah with more detail would be my wish.

I used to own that game and every case was the exact same (murder) and the way to solve it was also always the same. There was some skill in analyzing the clues and remembering them if you were in a multiplayer game, but that was it.

Who Dunnit was a fun game. Very underrated. Great value currently imo.

#3338 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've only purchased two pins in the last 15 years. In 2014 I received an unexpected bonus check from my employer for working 20 years with them and used it to buy Mustang premium NIB. In 2019 I felt selfish buying EHoH LE NIB since my wife never played any of my games (but that looks like a good decision now).
I'm 73 and retired now (I worked until almost 71). My wife of 42 years died in September at age 65. We chose not to have any kids, so now it's just me and our two German shepherd dogs. The last two months have been pretty tough. Only God knows how much more time any of us have, so I preordered Scooby-Doo CE to hopefully lift up my spirits.

That's what I hate about life. It has to end for all of us. I can accept that.

But what I love about life is the fun stuff we can do. Simple stuff like pinball.

I hope you can get together with a buddy or 4 and play the game together. Pinball is funner-er in groups!

#3550 1 year ago

There are usually 1-3 people on pinside who ruin it for the rest of us. Ignore and move on, sheesh.

Quoted from PinballGalore:

How’s the sound on a spooky? Sufficient? Great? I’m guessing all three trims get the same sound hardware/ speaker etc.?

I've had 3 Spooky pins at the co-op, all had GREAT sound. I needed to dial in the sound on two of them as they were delivered giving too much bass and therefore distorting the quality. But once that was fixed, yeah it's as good or better than any pin I've ever had.

Especially ACNC. That was the best sounding pin I've ever owned. The music was top notch quality and the sounds made it feel so 3d I thought people were doing things behind me. The number of times I turned around when I first owned the machine was comical.

2 weeks later
#4187 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

After the first game is delivered?

Boy, I wouldn't want to take a chance that the first gameplay video put on display could be amateur or negative in any way. Imagine someone does an unboxing and goes to turn it on and it just doesn't start. Or it does start but there's a significant issue. Or the gameplay is just terrible because the owner isn't so great at pinball, or he or she let's their kid play and it's so bad that you question if it's the player or the game. Opens up tons of variables.

I'd want to get in front of that and put out a gameplay video if I were Spooky. Live if possible. That's def going to make people who have been waiting want to buy in.

1 week later
#4616 1 year ago

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any gameplay yet. Thought for sure by now it'd be out there.

1 week later
#5287 1 year ago

Reveal video is the best in Spooky history by far. Game looks amazing. You guys nailed it. The team should be proud.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I own rob zombie limited as well as R&M, both are amazing.

As someone who has owned 3 Spooky games, two NIB, I can't agree with this. I've had issues with each one, parts seemed cheap, code was terrible, etc. R&M was a nightmare for on-location. It broke so many times and was so clunky that nobody played it. Maybe you've had better luck and that's why you disagree with me, and if so good for you! The only reason I keep coming back for more is because of their customer service and family atmosphere. I gotta support these guys, I just can't help it.

Spooky has improved after each game though. Halloween was a huge improvement on parts and layout, but the game kept resetting and other things in the game kept happening that shouldn't have because of the unreliable code and imperfect/unfinished code. I didn't buy that one but I was close. If the code had ever improved, I'd be all over it.

So I'm hoping for a game where it doesn't reset in the middle of gameplay. That's it. Every Spooky game I've ever had has done this, and not once or twice but dozens of times. A 40+ minute video does give me hope. Does anybody remember that R&M reveal? Nobody hit the left ramp the whole time, and there were rejects on the loop. That was concerning.

Nothing in this video was concerning. This is leaps and bounds better already. Spooky may have nailed this one. It's too soon to tell, but so far, so good.

1 week later
#5872 1 year ago

I don't know how someone can't say that Spooky isn't the greatest company in pinball. They keep us updated, they listen and respond to the community, customer service is the best, games are fun and the prices are the best (or close) bang for the buck of current NIB games. The latest build quality of Halloween/UM was extraordinary imo. Code is all that's left and they are working on that. The latest stream was encouraging.

Seriously, this is how you keep taking my NIB money year after year. I love to see it.

#5991 1 year ago

I recall Spooky saying they were going to be making or shipping these mid-January.

Did I mis-remember? Or did something happen to delay their plans?

Getting antsy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=thepinballco-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.