20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookyluke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Sculpts are nice but I'll take shots/interactive mechs all day every day over sculpts. Luke's post in the other thread about "how many sculpts can you fit into one game" worries me a little. I don't buy games for sculpts. There are so many artistic geniuses in the pinball community that have our backs on sculpts if we want them, it's up to Spooky to deliver on shots.
Don't get me wrong my Scooby senses are telling me they WILL deliver on shots/mechs but we'll see soon (hopefully). I do love Scooby Doo as a theme, silly and fun.

What do you think the sculpts are bolted to! Oh yeah. MECHS

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This from Pinball Paparazzi on FB….[quoted image]

This is super weird. Obviously not ours but I would question why it says Spooky Pinball adventure?

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I Hope to have a beautifull machine loaded with beautifull parts as Alice Cooper castle.
Maybe we Can Hope for a mystery mansion
I have an Alice and a rick and Scooby IS my Dream machine, i think and Hope that it will be based on original 70's. That's what suggest the pinball name "scooby-doo, where are you"

I don't think we are going to let you down! This game is the most stunning game we have put together. It really is beautiful

#384 1 year ago

After last time we totally switched directions on our powdercoat. No longer vein on the CE it's instead a nice smooth high gloss metallic color with the 2 process proper Clearcoat. Good friend of mine has been testing it on his game for about 6 months as well as we have had it on the proto games here for over a year. Been rock solid! Hopefully powder issue days are in the past forever.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was forced to buy the fake fang club pass to purchase my CE Halloween-still can't get the taste of piss out of my mouth. Sorry but I do not agree with mandatory club membership to buy games. Have things changed since then?

The fang club was originally made to be a fun thing that would be a positive for customers. We obviously don't make money on it by the time we stuff like the custom beer glass made and send out the package of goodies. I don't think we expected going in that it would upset some people. It really doesn't benefit us and if it's not a positive for the customer then no point in it! Maybe in the future we will make a change to the policy. Will have to stay the same for now but I do hear you!

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

So what you're saying is:

You are high across the board!

#482 1 year ago

You are low on price lol

#495 1 year ago

Matt is insanely talented and one of the best human beings we work with! Always humble, kind, and knocks every single thing we throw at him out of the park.

#501 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

SpookyLuke do you have a list online of your ditributors like stern does? I dont think its on your site. My 3 go tos here in NJ arent Spooky Distribs!

Yes we will get it posted at some point soon!

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do we know what the differences in the editions are? Is the topper only for Ce?

We will be posting images with all that info throughout the day!

#600 1 year ago
Screenshot_20221207-081338_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221207-081338_Gallery (resized).jpg
#604 1 year ago
3686309a9bfd136be890a712b2c45c36ad5eabf15f17045fd50ac58b32483c38 (resized).png3686309a9bfd136be890a712b2c45c36ad5eabf15f17045fd50ac58b32483c38 (resized).png
#613 1 year ago
cd5c5eededf52701de92cad3e3c84aac243fcc30181e679c852448ebc3d623b1 (resized).pngcd5c5eededf52701de92cad3e3c84aac243fcc30181e679c852448ebc3d623b1 (resized).png
#632 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I mostly want to make sure all the shots and playfield features are there on the SE. SpookyLuke can you confirm on that? The SE price sheet didn't have much intel. Thanks!

As always no gameplay features removed!

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

The video seemed to suggest the direct print cabinet was included ? Or is that still an upgrade option ?

Still an upgrade. Getting them is like procuring gold. We could never get the supply numbers to include it. It's already like pulling teeth to get them

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

What about sculpts/toys?

Yes some cosmetic only sculpts will be removed!

#669 1 year ago

Something we added after video!

Castle Gate (resized).pngCastle Gate (resized).png
#690 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That makes sense, B/W bottom cab is just under 25" wide. Spooky would have to confirm if they used the same dimensions but one would hope they did just so glass is readily available for it if nothing else.

Head is still the same as all of our other games. Just the lower cabinet is wider

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Has anyone bought from PinballSTAR or can someone from Spooky confirm they’re an authorized distributor? Just trying to avoid scams. Also would be great if Spooky could partner with a distro in Arizona for future releases. I normally buy through Gameroom Goodies.

Joe Newhart! He's official and a great guy. Don't hesitate to work with him!

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Someone needs to take the knocker, move it to the top of the machine and hook it up to a small catapult that launches a scooby snack when the player gets a free game.

THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If it's any consolation to those that don't like the milky white inserts it indicates that it's made by Bader (I've never sen anyone else use them or Bader use jeweled ones) and should be well made with no issues likely to occur with clearcoat, etc.

Playfield is made exactly the same as all of our games and by the same company! As far as the inserts they are exactly the same style as Rick and morty!

#1002 1 year ago

Just a facebook live Q+A session tomorrow! We will be scheduling a live stream of game about the same timeline as we usually do! Dates all have to be approved.

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I speak for everyone here!! Ruh Roh!!
We’ll trade the live game stream tomorrow for a pic of under playfield?!

I will be revealing what I'm hiding under there on the Q/A session!!!

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

I was 75% in on purchasing this pin when I was thinking we would see gameplay on Thursday. Not a fan of having no live gameplay before asking to submit a nonrefundable deposit. I jumped at Halloween with no gameplay due to the theme. Not sure if I will do it this time around, sadly.

I believe we have done what we need to do to present a fun game at launch! With that said you buy when you feel comfortable. We have no intentions to fool anyone I think this will be our best game yet period!

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You get the gameplay in the trailer, which is fine, plus you get a long live stream very shortly thereafter.
Stern isn't asking for a large, non-refundable deposit.
Stern isn't making 1900 LEs. The vast majority of these flex assembles will be CEs, so of the 1969, there will be a LOT of CEs. Spooky is asking customers to jump in blindly again when a lot of the issues that led to the Halloween/Ultraman debacle are present again and the "murder" of programmers Spooky has still hasn't delivered a great H/U experience. Could the outcome be different this time? Maybe. But no one knows, and the inexperienced team, lack of gameplay (in an edited trailer or live), and cagey avoidance of confirming what board set this is using are three pretty big red flags.

Have you considered that maybe the bottom side and board set as well as other advancements down there could be a huge positive not a negative surprise?

#1361 1 year ago

Hey guys! Here is something we can share without any extra marketing approval hoops to jump through! I think this will give a really good sense of the speed and flow of the game. Check out Zach Meny's podcast later to hear us explain alot of the gameplay. We go over something really unique we did by placing a standard body style playfield centered into a widebody. That paired with the video should paint a pretty good picture!

#1367 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t look clunky at all. Great sign!

I would be very very confused if anyone called this clunky!

#1385 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Does the book shelf flipper have a rubber? Doesn’t look like it. If not may need a backup.

#1391 1 year ago
Snapchat-229160983 (resized).jpgSnapchat-229160983 (resized).jpg
#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Hey Guys, Can we get a ballpark on when these will be shipping to customers? Specifically the CE's...And I mean 'ballpark' and not exact sillyness...I was hearing rumors that the these machines won't be shipping for about a YEAR to a Year 1/2, but I hope this is VERY WRONG! This will help on my decision tomorrow morning

Same as always! I always hold the first batch a little bit extra just to make sure they are as close to perfect as they can be. I will probably let the first 30 go mid to late January! Then we typically start around 20 a week and work our way up to 40 a week. All complete within 18 months but we always try to beat that time by as many months as possible. Usually lands around 15-16 months to get them all out the door. It all depends where you end up in line. If you are in early you will have it early if you get in late you will be later in the run. Also important to note we build all CE first then BSE next then SE.

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I noticed the center drop making a clutch save. Is this user controlled or was it the game recognizing a ball not making it all the way up the center, and providing a ball save?
[quoted image]

The game can recognize it and save you on the fly! It's actually super impressive

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I tried to reverse engineer the preorder URL. Seems spooky was wise enough to not just hide a staged URL and made it so it wasn’t live yet. Sorry for letting all the early adopters down

LOL

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

SpookyLuke can we get a pic under the playfield now? Curious to see your new boards and wiring setup

Yeah I can do that now! Let me go take one!

#1598 1 year ago

Be forgiving of the wiring lol! It's pre production.

Snapchat-1914258844 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1914258844 (resized).jpg
#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Distribs were given an allotment - they can sell them before tomorrow.

Nobody is aloud to sell before tomorrow. Distributors do take interested lists. I have heard of things happening that shouldn't be and will be looking into it. Regardless our game order goes 50 us then 50 distro then 50 us. So the numbers on the website available tomorrow are unaffected.

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I really hope waiting to buy it directly from Spooky doesn’t come back into bite me.

Best thing you can do is be all logged in and have payment info saved when it goes live! If we run out we will try to help shuffle to distributors that have supply although it does sound like distributors have more on their lists than they have games

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

but..it's not priced above? might just be a hoax ad.

Troll add

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

SHipping issue again. Good lord spooky

???

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Why is shipping even a thing right now??? Initially it had "shipping calculated later". Now this
[quoted image]

Working on it. Have a rep from company exclusively on this.

#2047 1 year ago

Back up!

#2052 1 year ago

Orders are working again

#2069 1 year ago

Trying guys. Website people suck.

#2091 1 year ago

We are on it. Hoping for a permanent resolution soon

#2109 1 year ago

Have a process figured out now. Will go down and up often but we know how to fix it when it goes down within about 60 seconds each time now

#2116 1 year ago

Some people may need to call their own credit card company as well.

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Hi Spooky people. Just a heads up that it appears if I have my Fang membership to NOT auto renew, that it does not consider me a fang member and I am not able to checkout with the machine. The same thing happened with TNA.

I would just check the auto renew box for now. We will be permanently ending auto renew fang club anyway.

#2126 1 year ago

No ending fang club just ending auto renew

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I like my auto renew for I am forgetful

Sounds like if we don't do auto renew we can use a better web store

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from jgeiger:

Did not get an email notification but do see it in My Account with a receipt and see a pending transaction on my CC. My order was at 10:03 central time. Should be cool right? Order number 13504.

I believe if you have an order number you are good if not we will make it right later!

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Curious what distros are sold out at this point? With them having more people on their list then they have games, at least one has to be sold out.
May help buyers knowing who is sold out.

I'm trying to check to update that as well. I know many are giving there lists a certain amount of hours to pay before reporting back

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Well... I'm in. And I know a few dealers who ran out. Fortunately they got a few more. Sounds like the game is selling really well.

We shuffled more to dealers who ran out during the website meltdown!

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Curious… if that will effect the 50 in house, 50 to distributor out the door model you have used in the past?
Certainly not meant to come off as a complaint in any way…genuinely curious.
I have been extremely impressed with everything the whole Spooky team has done since the teaser! I love the enthusiasm, openness and willing to actually LISTEN to what your customers are saying.
Hope the day finishes strong and the ramp up to manufacturing goes smooth!

Will probably have to go a but heavier on the ditributor pages to make it as fair as possible! I was thinking about the same thing

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Sold out yet? Wouldn’t surprise me by tomorrow.

Still available! Hard to say for sure on total sales right now as everyone is trying to total up their numbers but from what I can gather it was an incredibly successful day!

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Not sure how changing this after the fact makes it more fair. The 50/50 rule is the reason I (and I assume others) stuck with the painful direct site experience for so long… to have better odds of an earlier build.
The site issues didn’t even seem as bad for as long as the HWN release so I don’t see that as a new factor.

I agree witht this as well! I wouldn't worry about it to much. No changes have been made on that end

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Just my guess: within 2 weeks. I agree with another poster that 1,500 ish likely sold today.

Never know until all the for sure sold numbers are in from distros but we are suspecting right around there as sold number today as well!

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Does spooky have a distro in canada?

Nitro!

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That was one of the main reasons why I hit the pause button. Seems like Spooky is changing things up with every release. The game looks great but, the new tech and ever changing team of coders has me concerned.

Have to make changes to improve! All positive changes in my opinion!

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Figured I would get my ce build number today (distributor)… nope. Hopefully tomorrow. Tna I had in like 12 hrs. Going to go pickup a Williams Indy tomorrow. Long road trip.

Morgan is getting there! It's alot to sort through! Won't be to long

#2903 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Just seen the TPN First Impressions video and Joel brought up a good point that the posts are sitting directly on the playfield art. Hope this gets adjusted for production games. No one wants a bubbly or chipping playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]

We can do that easy if you would like! I am confident in our playfield either way but happy to change it if it makes you guys comfortable.

#2910 1 year ago

I think we have a pretty good handle on the playfield process. Been a few thousand playfields since we have had an issue! This board is the EXACT same process used on Rick and Morty and Halloween/Ultraman.

Also we will build the games we have orders for. Don't have a total for sure in yet but already surpassed any single title we have ever released by a long shot! I think when we get to share gameplay stream the remaining games will go pretty darn fast!

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

It means they listen and engage directly with their consumers, then make changes based on feedback… even if that feedback is dumb and makes zero difference like an insert stopping at a hedge graphic instead of the full word.
It means they go out of their way to make things right when things go wrong for their consumers. While JJP was blaming consumers for shitty playfield issues after having repeat issues on multiple titles, Spooky was sending out replacements for shitty powder coat rails… and made sure not to repeat history this time.
It means supply chain issues with a key part f up their production timelines… They start making their own part.
It means, realizing that getting ahead of the game on code was critical, they made hiring multiple coders a priority. Unfortunately, it seems it hasn’t work out well for all of them and a new coder appears to be fixing the previous guys mess on HWN… but Spooky is transparent (without finger pointing and airing dirty laundry) and is committed to the cost of a full time developer for a year to make it right.
It means manufacturing pinball machines is complex so everyone doing it has issues but Spooky always tries to do what they say and the individual stores of them going out of their way to take care of their consumers are numerous. I personally have been shocked by them sending expensive parts at their own expense for out of warranty pin that I didn’t even buy from them or one of their distributors.
It means they continue to improve their gameplay with each pin while still trying new/unique things. I personally prefer their unique game play and appreciate obvious enthusiasm for pinball… others want tournament flow that I don’t care about.
I appreciate that others have different priorities and see the equation differently… but I currently only buy Spooky pins based on my first hand experience. For me, Spooky is simply the kind of people I want to support.

Really appreciate this. Feels good to have somebody highlight positives once in awhile! Going to keep doing our best for you guys. One day at a time.

#3098 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Well kiss my grits... that's a bit of an accolade isn't it!! Got you both down, but you *know* that you both get a set for free. The laws of mod making dictate it!
Sorry for the thread jack everyone. Proto parts are now on order so as soon as I've got a working version I'll kickoff my own thread and stop polluting this one.

Is it cool if I join this party?

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Since it will be way too long before I get to play the game...I put myself through a bit of CAD retraining to draw up the space kook ship.
Rendering on bottom
I'm thinking it would make sense to either be on top of the far right (airfield) ball guide or on top of the large plastic in the rear.
I'm not a mod maker by any account... I'm just planning to paint it.
But i imagine someone could make some design modifications to have one that lights up and
is interactive... That would be cool
[quoted image]

Put me on the list for this to lol!

2 weeks later
#4101 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hi! Any updates, Spooky? It’s been rather quiet.
Thanks

We are back and working away! We managed to secure a pretty cool surprise for you guys that we are going to announce next week!

#4116 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

PLUS a photo from the scooby line in the factory?

I'll have some cool photos of that through out the month to!

#4118 1 year ago

You should get a Scooby Doo! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the code.

1 week later
#4315 1 year ago

Is now a bad time to announce our scrappy doo SLE?

#4316 1 year ago

I joke people I joke!

#4319 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

It’d be a better time to announce the gameplay video. Pretty please…

Plan is this month!

#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I thought they had said all the voice acting was already done? Maybe misunderstood.

It was. We got even more! That's the cool part lol also adds a ton more villains and characters that otherwise weren't able to be voiced. I don't have an exact number but I think we over a dozen or more characters with speech between the gang and villains.

#4415 1 year ago

Hey guys I just did a walk around the shop and took a bunch of photos. We will be posting on our Facebook page soon.

#4551 1 year ago

We still 3D print alot of little odds and ends and even some mech parts. Injection molders actually have a shocking amount of trouble making some things that a 3D printer can do with ease. Everything top side on the game is 100% injection molded. The 3D printers are still just a super handy all around tool for being able to make a custom part instantly without waiting 6 months for an injection molder to spit out something that may not even work.

#4618 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

They need to show the gameplay off before these ship. This is kind of crazy

In typical Spooky fashion it will be late in the month however not long now! We just want to make sure we are cramming every little thing in there we can before we show first impression. We are a ton farther along than the start of HWUM and it's important to us to exceed expectations at first full reveal! To put it in perspective we revealed Rick and Morty December 16th and deadflip stream was February 15th so not out of the ordinary timeline wise at all.

#4651 1 year ago

Getting closer and closer!

20230118_170729 (resized).jpg20230118_170729 (resized).jpg20230118_171607 (resized).jpg20230118_171607 (resized).jpg20230118_171729 (resized).jpg20230118_171729 (resized).jpg
#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fuckin' A fellas!! Looking strong!

Thank you! Feels good!

Quoted from iceman44:

Toppers look good.

Yeah for a fairly simple topper it looks stunning on top the game in my opinion. The art on this topper just particularly looks sharp to me.

Quoted from PappaDubz:

Can’t wait to play this
I might have to sell my AFM to get this
Good job Spooky
[quoted image]

That would be a high honor!

#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Looking awesome. Still waiting on side armor or putting that on last?

Yep we always put it on last thing so it doesn't get dinged up or scratched

#4685 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I agree with you, prices are ridiculous, but isn't this game $9769.00 plus tax and shipping?

This is something I actually do want to touch on value wise. Something I think Many people forget is our CE includes many features you won't find on a Stern premium.

We include:
Illusion powder coated bill door
Custom Matt Frank interior graphics
Scooby Custom autolaunch button
Matt Frank art RGB LED Topper
Lighted Speaker grill kit
Laser cut speaker grills
Laser cut Custom side armour
RGB LED flipper buttons
Upgraded Illusion powder coat on the full game.
5 Illusion coated habitrails
Spooky Green plastic protectors
All LEDs in game are full color RGB
Physical knocker and shaker

And we do all this at the same price point! There is alot of value and ALOT of money in that list.

#4703 1 year ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:I’ve purchased 2 spooky games and had a deposit on a third. I won’t buy another spooky game until their QC and coding is up to industry standard (a standard that isn’t even that great). Second hand spooky games for me going forward as it currently sits, if I ever get another spooky machine again.

We are going to make a run at it for ya! Hopefully we can win back over your trust!

#4726 1 year ago

I swear, I saw documentation somewhere that the backglass was indeed glass. However, looking back over the feature matrix, I don't see it listed. Does the CE have an actual glass backglass? Either way, still an awesome package for the price!

Yep actual direct printed glass!

#4851 1 year ago

Something super satisfying about this type of organized packing.

20230123_154228 (resized).jpg20230123_154228 (resized).jpg20230123_154335 (resized).jpg20230123_154335 (resized).jpg20230123_154445 (resized).jpg20230123_154445 (resized).jpg
#4854 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Any chance serial 1031 is in that box ?

I can tell you it's somewhere in the stack! 1500 games worth sitting here.

#4857 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When will shipping start? And thank you for the update and pics!

I would say 2-3 weeks they will start rolling out at a decent pace. We are a couple weeks behind schedual right now from where I'd like to be but that's how it goes with every new build! Main thing is just trying not to rush and focus on quality right now. One thing we always do is get all the games out!

Quoted from dboeren:

I just hope we’re still on track for a real gameplay video in January. 8 days to go…

Lucky for you we are indeed on track for gameplay!

#4879 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

SpookyLuke So, I see the Scooby in a barrel figurine is two pieces.
Any chance that's a mech, where Scooby gets scared and hides in the barrel?

Absolutely is. So right now the way it's coded is really fun. You fill the bravery meter up and scooby pops up then as bravery ticks down scooby slowly sinks back down into the barrel. During modes the bravery meter acts as a timer and you can grab scooby snacks during the mode to give yourself more time. Also more scooby snacks equals more end of ball bonus.

#4922 1 year ago

Spooky, drop us some good news (scooby snacks if you will), it's a red alert! The hype is at near critically low levels
[quoted image]

Won't be long now! Hang in there

#4933 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

You will likely get your wish of simple unfinished code and if Halloween and Ultraman are any indication it will probably stay that way. Buyers beware.

Tune into the gameplay stream! I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

#4988 1 year ago

What other games from the past have features on top the apron?

20230124_135506 (resized).jpg20230124_135506 (resized).jpg
#4994 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Blackwater 100
[quoted image]

Oh dang we weren't aware of that one! I figured you guys would know some we don't.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Flintstones counts, right?

To me it counts!

#5103 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

In a Spooky post from a few days ago, either on here or Facebook can't remember, they said they were still on track for a January stream. So hopefully nothing has changed. It does kinda feel like they're doing a lot of last minute cramming for a big test
They seem to really want to deliver on this code, I feel good about it but we'll see hopefully soon.

Want to deliver is an understatement of the century lol feels like we have had a million pounds of bricks on all of our chests to make sure we deliver on code. I think we made huge leaps and bounds from first HWUM code to first Scooby Doo code. Can't wait to share it with you all. Be on the lookout!

#5109 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I see a lot of pins in the background…. #89 is right around the corner!!

First 56 we have crammed in there right now in varying stages of assembly!

#5122 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Right behind ya! Started to type almost the same thing and then set my phone down while you posted.

Dang you guys scored some legit low numbers! Those are website first 10 second bloodbath numbers!

#5152 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Now I wish I got in earlier! Spooky, this is the best early game review I’ve ever seen! Looks like a close to complete code? Congratulations on how a reveal should look and sound! So excited to get ours this summer!

There is a ton in the game already and every mode is loaded with assets of every kind and the most important part. THEY ARE JUST FREAKING FUN. However we are still considering this early code even though it's typically mid build level code for us we planning to push this as far as we can. We will be adding Scooby Snack multiball based around the apron locks and stackable with modes as well as a mode for each member of the gang including finding Velmas glasses and building a sandwich with Shaggy. Also some wizard mode action! Stay tuned this year is going to be a blast!

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

SpookyLuke Are there any cool callouts in attract mode? Can you share any info regarding attract mode music? Maybe the theme can randomly go off once in a blue moon just so it doesn’t get annoying on a regular basis? It’s about a minute long, that would be neat in my book.

The guys are really clever with these! Several cool attract mode things and other Easter eggs scattered about the game. I don't want to totally spoil things so wait and see!

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

SpookyLuke it looked like the ball got caught up and almost stuck on the upper playfield above the upper right flipper. Did you notice that in the stream? Hoping that if balls get stuck there you can proactively look at it now. I could be wrong but wanted to point it out, thanks.

I had an eye on that myself. Wasn't a big fan. I do know the game was out of level but I wana get one set up nicely and pitched today and see if there is an issue. We didnt have an issue during any of the proto revisions. It's a risky guide geometry wise because it is angled to throw the ball way over to the left flipper.

#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Are the flipper offset to the right of center? Thanks

Flipper location is centered the same as any of our standard body games. Same CAD. All I did was add 1.5 inches to the left and 1.5 inches to the right side of playfield. So our lower slings, flippers, posts, and inlanes all feel and look the same as Halloween or any other standard body of ours.

1 week later
#5833 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Hey Spooky just wanted to check and see if you guys have a ETA on your next Stream with Scooby Doo. Sorry to bug you guys(especially since you are probably swamped at the moment)but I’m just super excited to see some HD gameplay…plus my doctor recommended this to help with my pinball addiction

Dang man we just finished the last one lol! We got games to build! We will keep everyone posted as soon as we have a hard date!

#5837 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I'm pretty sure the next stream is going to be Jack Danger?

Indeed!

Quoted from jetspeedb:

I got all the stream I need ladies and gents. Now roll those beautiful machines off the line like we know you are.

We have a pile of them in the final stages just trying to make sure they are as good as we can possibly make them before they go out! The learning curve on this one set us back a couple weeks from normal just because of the shear volume of stuff in the game. I mean Holy crap this thing is truly packed. We are also working to have a good quality run here. Always hate seeing the games people get with issues and we want to really the best job we possibly can. I'll walk around at the end of the day and take some photos to share.

Quoted from JustJared:

Will there be any untimed accomplishments in this pin? Are the character modes/completions going to be untimed?

Sounds like the current plans for character modes are that they are not timed!

#5840 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

It’s 5:02. Where are the pictures?
That said…. I guess you guys work 10 hour days!

12 hours today! We are still here getting these things done.

#5842 1 year ago
20230206_174212 (resized).jpg20230206_174212 (resized).jpg20230206_182839 (resized).jpg20230206_182839 (resized).jpg20230206_182918 (resized).jpg20230206_182918 (resized).jpg
#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Hopefully you heard the sarcasm in my keystrokes! As a soon to be 1st time Spooky owner…I appreciate everyone’s efforts up there.
Thanks for the pics! So excited for this pin.

Oh absolutely! I thought it was kind if ironic lol because we were all pulling a late night. Appreciate you putting faith in us to make you a great game!

#5887 1 year ago

Hey guys sorry if this is a bit off topic but I know this is the best place for you all to see it. We added a TON of new and also scratch and dent playfields to our website store! We will also be added a bunch of other factory finds throughout the week. Got some cool rare stuff to like Alice Cooper playfields and Rick and morty.

#5891 1 year ago

Yeah the ACNC stock we had went super fast. I'm going to get some more made asap.

#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

You don’t happen to have an ACNC topper for sale by chance?

Sadly no. I can ask but it's not likely. Wish I could help ya out I appreciate your support over the years.

#5907 1 year ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Hey SpookyLuke or SpookyBug , I haven’t seen an answer anywhere that I can find soooo, do the non-CE versions have anything in place of the sculpts? All I’ve been able to find since the announcement is that the CE will have sculpts and the non-CE versions will have “no sculpts”. Is this a stern-style downgrade where we’ll get flat plastics with graphics where the sculpts were, or simply just “no sculpts”? Since there are no pics of the non-CE versions available it would be nice to have this clarified. Please and thank you.

The ones that are removed won't have a plastic in place of them sadly.

#5908 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did you have a left ramp? I had emailed you guys a few weeks ago looking for one and was told it was being checked on but never heard back.

I'll take a look today! I think I saw some. Service has been hopping in to help us get scooby rolling out the door these last few weeks so I'm sure he's just a bit behind.

#5922 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Hey SpookyLuke do you guys have a target in mind for a production ramp? Just curious more than anything on what that looks like, and what dictates how quickly you can ramp up, etc. Not looking to create timelines necessarily more just interested in the process. I was stoked to see you had secured so many sculpts etc. weeks ago - that seems like something that would have been a massive challenge not that long ago. Are the bottlenecks easing up?

Knock on wood I believe we are free of any parts shortages. We have done some pretty crazy policy changes and long term investing these last couple years to make sure parts flow is steady. Also piled up alot of inventory. We are going to roll these first 50 "early" games out the door here shortly and then we will be going right to 30 a week!

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

So when these games do arrive....what's the process for a NIB game? Just unbox, attach legs, take packing material out of playfield, plug it in and play? Do they need waxed or is it ready to go out of box?
Also, does Scoob come with his rabies shot? I'll need to register him with the city.

We include some brief setup instructions with the game! Also a ton of tutorials on YouTube. No need to wax right away but also welcome to do so if you would like.

#6168 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any timeframe when first batch will ship? Asking for my wife lol. Can’t wait and I kid with the pic I posted. Glad your taking the time to make sure the pins are working ok before they are boxed up and shipped.
[quoted image]

I prefer to just show ya! I'll share photos when they start hitting pallets!

#6194 1 year ago

WE GOT GAMES ON SKIDS!

20230215_170524 (resized).jpg20230215_170524 (resized).jpg20230215_181536 (resized).jpg20230215_181536 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6396 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's weird that they didn't mount those flasher domes on the "hero" line up consistently. It looks like two of them are mounted to the top of the plastic, and the third in your picture has the leg with the screw mounted UNDER the plastic where I would expect it to be, so you only see the dome through the plastic hole. ALL of them should have the mounting tab below the plastic, imo.
[quoted image]

I believe they are all the mounted under I think the light is tricking you because there is not as much light under the purple as the bravery meter isnt full. You are seeing the tab through the plastic. I can see the white art print line over top of the tab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spookyluke.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=spookyluke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.