20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slrage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 1 year ago

Randy,
I’ve played with you in tournaments at Token in the past. I have a Halloween if you are ever in the mood to check it out in a home environment. I really love the game.

Quoted from RandyW:

I am excited for the theme, but apprehensive about the maker. Their track record isn't the greatest, for making fun tables.
They have a couple good ones and a bunch of flops.
So either it is awesome and I end up paying a small fortune for one, or it sucks and I scoop one up at a discount. But I am going to have to own one.

#364 1 year ago

Go away

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

They sure need vindication in my opinion. Couldn't get crap for Ultraman after waiting a year for the code to get fixed. Still burning trash pile IMO . Just wait you can put down 2000 bucks for your very own non refundable POS. The people at spooky are fine. No slight at them. You can't always hit a home run, or even a single. Both games are just crap which we would have known had we a basic game play video before the sale. FOMO marketing. Some of us been in hobby for along time. So perhaps they will vindicate themselves. Not every game can be great.. They do make great art though.

#397 1 year ago

Ah…You poor thing. So sorry the Fang Club got you so upset. “A man of principle” even you say. So serious!

Quoted from pinmister:

Tell Charlie to not make it mandatory for SD and games going forward-you may be surprised on how many people it has turned off. Is it worth it-I don't think so
BTW-thanks for your kind replies-you sound like a stand up guy

#403 1 year ago

May I remind you that you a posting in a forum filled with adult men being hyped to buy a Scooby Doo toy.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As a man of principle this must be very difficult for you…I bet you cut the seatbelts out of your car and drive right through every single red light you see haha. Mandatory stop at a right light?!?! Not for me for I am a man of principle and no one is gonna tell me s##It

Quoted from pinmister:

I want my free stickers in my Mr T. cereal box but those childhood days are in the past for me.
[quoted image]

#1192 1 year ago

For all the random people who like to repeat the line that Halloween buyers somehow are unhappy I have to say "step away from the group-think mentality."

Yes, a lot of flippers were very unhappy and "some" buyers had some legitimate issues with their pins, however..........Time will prove that the Vast majority of Halloween owners are Very Happy with the game so far and I have a really good feeling that this next update will take the game over the top.

Happy owners may not dominate the commentary on this game but we exist and Love our Game!

#1205 1 year ago

I have never flipped an AC but really need to. Halloween just has the perfect atmosphere for a horror game and that's not an easy task!

Quoted from Coindork:

I agree with you 100%.
I’m totally happy with mine and my wife friggin loves it. It’s a very unconventional game that I rather enjoy playing. Alice Cooper got a lot of the same sort of feedback for the longest time. Personally I think that’s one of the best pins I’ve owned.

#1229 1 year ago

Wow. You Sir had a bad experience with a "broken" game and that sucks but sure isn't the norm

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Halloween is broken.
You can hit that center ramp 5 times a row…and then get rejections 5 times a row…that’s why there’s an opto half way up it so at least it makes a sound on all the fails. And when you do make it, it just rattles through the diverter
Left ramp is better but still rattles through mostly
Sanitarium ends up largely ignored, watch how much gameplay out there where people let it drain through without a flip
Judith is satisfying but with poor geometry to reliably hit it.
Orbit is pretty clean
House playfield is decently fun and challenging, but it requires you to do business with that broken center ramp
After a few hundred plays Halloween is pretty much reduced to only going for hedge multiball which has 3 satisfying locks and an awesome MB experience with the theme song going.
The rest of it should’ve been redesigned

#1233 1 year ago

Exactly and this is Scooby......Gone like the wind I tell ya

Quoted from dnapac:

1750 (HW and UM) in 4 hours.

#1235 1 year ago

That's fair

Quoted from Zablon:

I think it goes beyond flipping. Keep in mind that with the higher prices came a mindset for many that they could buy a game, play it for a month or two, then sell it recouping the cost or more and move on to the next game. With HWN/ULT that really didn't happen because the code is so far from finished. Additionally, well, I get the impression that game is an aquired taste and not for everyone.

#1239 1 year ago

I understand where you are coming from for sure

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol and 800 of those were for sale before their game actually shipped. I want Scooby Doo to kick ass and get my first Spooky… but I can’t roll the dice on $8k (after shipping) on something I even can’t see flip on a stream.

#1246 1 year ago

My only personal hesitation is Im kinda drawn to a more "serious" toned pin. I can get pissed at Michael Myers and flip my machine off when I get pinball screwed. This will be my first "comedy" based pin and I hate to flip Scoob off!

#1254 1 year ago

Now That's a legit complaint and a good question

Quoted from beltking:

Someone asked if they have a new better lcd screen… anyone know? Not washed out blacks.

#1263 1 year ago

Quoted from Vecna:

Wow. Scooby pin makes Halloween look a decade old.

#1264 1 year ago

So you 100% also had 5 center ramp rejects in a row?

#1612 1 year ago

Hey DJ.......Look at My Avatar. Guess what I want!?! Pretty please Sir

#1623 1 year ago

Love Ya.....mean it

#2576 1 year ago

Wow, good point!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So, I’m looking closely at shots and I’m thinking that the Black Knight shot on the upper looks nearly impossible to hit. It seems to be too far off the tip of the bookcase flipper and appears too tight to backhand from the R flipper. Am I nuts? Also…i bought a CE and there is little that could happen with this game to cause me to regret it haha. I’m just being critical, cause that’s what I’m good at.

#2745 1 year ago

I agree. The code made the game a lot better in a lot of ways. As long as they are quick to squash the bugs now its nothing but positive progress

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I like the taking out of context things and blowing it out of proportions. Yea the new code has a couple bugs. But "filled with bugs" is pretty huge exaggeration. They fixed and added a bunch of things, theres a couple little issues which are all visual presentation issues and they are already working on it.
Love the overreaction, saw another of this on Facebook where folks were saying how the new code is a "disaster". lol no it's not

#3524 1 year ago

You have a very solid collection!

Quoted from blastbeat:

Halloween has its faults I love it. Two times I needed support and replacement parts (minor stuff) they were sent out literally next day. Can't agree more their support has been really solid for me. Plus....their themes are my jam on these last two releases. I just paid for a DP premium the week before Scooby was announced and was like ugh...(opens wallet anyway). It’s just so damn pretty. Plus I like different and they do different. Nice mix in my B/W and Stern games.

#3527 1 year ago

Quoted from iceman44:

Not facts pal. And you don’t run Twitter either. Lol
I have a game coming. At least wait until they start landing to pump the shit out of it.
Let me know when they sell out so I can feel like a winner.

#3828 1 year ago

Good taste!

Quoted from Billygrippo:

I think I’m out for a minute. Just ordered TBL and IMDN premium. Too many gdamn good games out there these days!

1 week later
#4108 1 year ago

Well I don’t “know you” either but have still come to the conclusion that your posts suck and you have an agenda

#4194 1 year ago

It’s funny we are all bonded in our hate for Scrappy Doo

It’s to the point that Bug and Luke would get wedgies at the pinball shows for including his annoying little ass

#4256 1 year ago

Oh page 80. What a trip that was

Quoted from PappaDubz:

Can’t remember why but they deleted most of page 80

1 week later
#4628 1 year ago

Man you would love streaming and playing my WOZ

Quoted from rai:

That’s hard to get excited about, no sound or callouts, plus not one drain out the side lanes. I’m sure it’s possible to drain out the out-lanes but I haven’t seen it yet.

1 week later
#4960 1 year ago

Every time I read his posts I get the impression that he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed?

Quoted from Damonator:

Let me be honest for a moment. You are in a thread with 1000+ owners bragging about playing the market and timing your buy so you get the best deal possible. You are giddy with excitement that you are going to make out better than all of us idiots who paid msrp.
I don’t fault you for what you are trying to do, but maybe ~ just maybe ~ you should be a little more stealth about it?
I couldn’t give two squirts about what the value of Scooby is tomorrow, 6 months or a year from now. I’m excited about the game and look forward to owning it for a long time.

#5165 1 year ago

Jenkies!!!! This game looks so immersive. Great work guys!

#5216 1 year ago

Always! What a joker

Quoted from transprtr4u:

There is that "one guy" again

#5220 1 year ago

I have Halloween and the code is good and will be great.

Quoted from Mro-Tek:

Complete joker. If you had a Halloween with super weak cod and not even able to get through a full game, I am sure you would be all daisies. it was a dream theme for me that turned into a nightmare. I was a huge supporter until I was not. I wish you the best luck truly. People can say they are happy with their Halloween/ultraman but the majority and value on pinside will point the opposite direction. Like I said, Scooby looks absolutely amazing.

#5232 1 year ago

I appreciate that your opinion is based on Halloween apparently making up 50% of your collection.
I play Halloween more than any other game in my collection and am honestly curious, what part of the “missing” code has you so upset?
I really have very few issues and I am confident that it gets better every time.

Quoted from Mro-Tek:

yes, I think people are enthused when they are in house mode and just need to just watch the ball drain down the sanitarium playfield to to progress. they dig that that modes have no clear objective or direction. people like that that the video's are pixilated . I could say I am only speaking for myself but the tanked values might give say otherwise. I am not a seller, I would just like to see a decent finished code. Rob zombie owners might agree. and from what i have read, rick and morty owners were promised more as well.

#5297 1 year ago

Your Halloween is no longer on location?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My Halloween was a TANK on location, I only ever had to adjust the drops once and I opted to switch to metal gear servos. It earned like CRAZY. Scooby will go to my location right away. It will ANNIHILATE wallets, blow minds AND bring new people into the hobby. This was a complete no brainer for me.

#5335 1 year ago

You just ruined the Scooby SLE60 edition release!

Quoted from jameshalko:

Wow! I was not expecting my Scooby to arrive so soon!
[quoted image]

#5337 1 year ago

Halloween is supposed to contain an Easter egg for Scooby but I’ve never figured it out.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "
Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

#5343 1 year ago

Halloween has one. Look who upvoted my post.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ACNC had the Scooby Easter egg

#5602 1 year ago

Well done

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I was back reading this thread and came across the Halloween easter egg part .Well played Spooky , well played indeed
[quoted image]

1 week later
#6006 1 year ago

That game plays great. I just hate the theme but if I was a fan of IM then I would get it in a heartbeat.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I vote Maiden. After GZ, I like Maiden 2nd most of Elwin’s pins. It is a real barn burner. A good game makes you feel like a king. Reason being, after collecting modes or awards you can keep going and earn shards. How many shards can you collect towards total. Maiden has many outstanding modes. It is ranked in top 10 and deserves it’s accolades. Code is complete. For these reasons I suggest going Maiden for now. Keep that game a year and if you still want Scooby Doo, sell Maiden and buy one then. It will be finished and you can play it first. While some people might say get the new and shiny, I say go newish & shiniest and get than nib Maiden.

#6007 1 year ago

Oh and get ready for the whining from the early adopters of SD. It will have issues and the early guys will blow them out of proportion. Par for the course. We are in the “excited phase” right now. IM has had the bugs worked out by now.

#6127 1 year ago

Slackers!

Quoted from lpeters82:

Stickers, decals, art blades, etc. all go on after the games are playtested.

#6254 1 year ago

I’m not sure I want to know the answer to that one!

Quoted from finnflash:

What's a douche canoe?

#6266 1 year ago

Hey Gang……Let’s solve the Mystery of the Dreaded Douche Canoe!

Quoted from stumblor:

You can find out who that douche canoe is by checking the version history, so actually in this case it's a dim douche canoe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slrage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.