20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reffob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

full reveal will be coming soon!!

Now this I am interested in

Hopefully soon actually means soon

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I like the sound of lots of sculpts.

Sculpts are nice but I'll take shots/interactive mechs all day every day over sculpts. Luke's post in the other thread about "how many sculpts can you fit into one game" worries me a little. I don't buy games for sculpts. There are so many artistic geniuses in the pinball community that have our backs on sculpts if we want them, it's up to Spooky to deliver on shots.

Don't get me wrong my Scooby senses are telling me they WILL deliver on shots/mechs but we'll see soon (hopefully). I do love Scooby Doo as a theme, silly and fun.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

What do you think the sculpts are bolted to! Oh yeah. MECHS

bring it on, we're ready for your mechs baby

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Don’t listen to the haters

lmao I'm a hater for wanting good shots and mechs

And here's a little secret for ya.....I own a Halloween and like it. It's not the favorite in our lineup but Spooky thinks outside the box and I appreciate that. As I said very clearly in my post I have a good feeling about this game, the Spooky crew seem to really take in what the community says which, again, is very much appreciated.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Who is designing?
Who is doing code?

I love this theme, the game has big potential but I’m with you: playfield design & code are what matter most to me personally. For some people theme is more important and that’s fine.

Luke is saying we’ll get the full reveal soon which is amazing. I want them to kill this one on all fronts: playfield, code, callouts, music, theme integration. Show the big boys how it’s done Spooky.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You may want to try out the Halloween code being released next week…

This is another thing I love about Spooky. Instead of leaving Halloween & Ultraman in the dust while they work on new games they brought in a new coder to continue improving those games. As a Halloween owner I absolutely love this and love Spooky for it.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

They HAD to do that based off of the weak launch and owner pushback. No one was happy with how the games were in the beginning.

I'm well aware but thanks for the news flash. I'm still giving them credit for hiring a new person specifically to make these games better.

#231 1 year ago

I didn't know how much I wanted to shoot pinballs into The Mystery Machine until this trailer. I am legit excited to see the layout. If this game delivers our Halloween is going to have a new Spooky sibling sitting next to it.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 1.29.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-04 at 1.29.07 PM (resized).png
#245 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I think it would be ideal if Spooky shows off the game fully before taking orders, show us the layout, even demo some early gameplay if possible. Would go a long way.

100% agree with this. I think/hope a lot of pinball fans have had enough of "hey we're making this amazing game, we'll show it to you at some point but here's the order link, no refunds just trust us!"

I believe Luke when he says we'll see the full game revealed soon. The handful of interactions I've had with Team Spooky have all been positive. I believe that they care about their customers and want to give us the best games they possibly can. I hope they knock this sucker over the centerfield wall into the parking lot.

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Who is doing the code?

Software by Spooky DJ

Design by Spooky Luke and Bug

#869 1 year ago

Tuesday - announce game

Wednesday - reveal trailer with details and pricing

Thursday - stream game (I'm guessing they'll talk about when the game will ship during the stream)

Friday - orders open

Showing the big boys how it's done....and the CE comes with a topper and laser cut side rails, all for the price of a Stern premium. Obviously gameplay and code will be the ultimate factor but so far I am excited and very impressed with what Spooky has pulled off this week. They deserve a whole truckload of Scooby snacks.

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Will there be a gameplay video before Friday? If not, why not?

You're asking a lot of valid questions that anyone thinking about buying this game should consider. For this particular question Luke said they will be doing a Facebook live stream tomorrow (Thursday 12/8) 7pm CST, so yes he will be showing us the game tomorrow before the orders open up. At least I would assume they will be playing the game on stream and not just talking about it. I know they mentioned doing a Q&A so definitely get your questions in if you're able to join.

#1231 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

From my limited understanding…I don’t think this is a Spooky decision. They answer to the people who hold the Scooby license…so all blaming Spooky…it does no good…they aren’t the bad guys.

Did someone at Spooky say the licensor will not let them show gameplay tomorrow or are you just guessing that is the reason?

Man I was giving Spooky huge props for streaming gameplay before taking orders. I thought that was a huge move in the right direction. Now pardon me while I go wipe this egg off my face.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol and 800 of those were for sale before their game actually shipped. I want Scooby Doo to kick ass and get my first Spooky… but I can’t roll the dice on $8k (after shipping) on something I even can’t see flip on a stream.

I’ve been busy at work all afternoon, so Spooky confirmed no gameplay tomorrow??

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

No gameplay. Just Q/A session answering when they will show gameplay.

Lol that’s probably exactly what’s going to happen.

Well this is disappointing, they HAVE to have known everyone would be expecting gameplay. Kinda sours the whole thing.

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If you do see someone trying to sell a pre-order spot for a profit, just know that is heavily frowned upon by some distributors and manufacturers. Spooky deposits are non refundable, not transferable, and can't be cancelled. This per my distributor, and I applaud this statement
[quoted image]

If anyone is wondering this statement came from Joe at Pinball Star

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from TimS3484:

Oh, and called and emailed pinball star prior to completing my order and after 45 minutes no call and no email.

I'm glad people like Joe and seem to have good experiences with him, but in my personal experience I've emailed him (sales@pinballstar) maybe half a dozen times throughout this year with various questions about different games and have never once received a reply. I don't know if my emails are going to junk mail or what but I kinda gave up. All good I have several great distros that get right back to me. I imagine Joe is swamped but I still thought it was odd that I never once got a reply.

Anyway back to Scoob....CE ordered looking forward to it.

#2173 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

not me trust me - not one email goes unanswered... check your spam... or email me and i will look for my replies for you. i can tell you that is never the case - let alone half a dozen times. can we miss some during a reveal day etc... yes, but never consistently. sorry just doesn't happen.
: )

Hey Joe thanks for the reply. It was a few emails around June and then a couple more in July (mostly about Spooky games coincidentally). I remember checking spam at the time but could have missed it. Must have been a glitch in the matrix somewhere but I definitely never got a reply for whatever reason. All good though. Good to know you're typically on top of it. I assumed that was the case with your great reputation.

#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This can not be the case!!
I’m far from joes best customer!!He always answers any serious or I’m sure annoying questions I have the same day usually within a hour.
Your experience has to be the 1 in million.
Joes customer service is one of the best in any business I deal with in or out of pinball.

This is great to hear. I wasn't trying to call him out I was just telling that other guy my personal experience. Yeah I'm sure it was some technical thing, honestly it's great to see so many people supporting Joe. I will definitely contact him again in the future for games, maybe I'll use a different email address

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Well - I can say that I did move my family home in late June and I did have to go 'off the radar' for a few days. I did spend many sleepless nights answering all emails as they came in and even after we moved to catch up. If in fact I missed you - my sincere apologies - never my intent, but now that you give the timing yes it's very possible during that 'life event' we had that i was slow and maybe I missed some. All good - won't happen again if it did... : )

Ahhh maybe that was it! Moving your family home is definitely a valid excuse to miss a few emails Not a problem at all Joe I appreciate your messages here. I will definitely reach out again for future toys

#2764 1 year ago

Not all pins need pages of rules like JP. Sometimes it’s nice to not have to keep the rule book next to me while playing. Many of us are not great players and would be nice to see a wiZard mode or end of the game.
Give me 90’s Williams rules or bit more I would be happy. Rules don’t have to be so deep unless your a pinball wizard.

Yup I still play the heck out of Medieval Madness. If done right the simplest ruleset can be fun and addicting. That's kinda what I'm hoping for with Scooby Doo. For me the theme lends itself to simpler straightforward rules. Every episode was basically the same but each had its own charm.

If they give us deep code I won't complain as long as it's not convoluted.

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Have to make changes to improve! All positive changes in my opinion!

Hi Luke, do you guys think we might get a gameplay stream before the end of the year?

The game looks very good look forward to seeing more.

#2934 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Is there a date on the gameplay stream? Sorry if I’ve missed any announcement of this before.

You haven't missed any announcements. I've been asking as well....

#2993 1 year ago

I'm curious does anyone think those apron locks could have their strength dialed up? Maybe shoot out the balls with a bit more force? The lock is a cool innovative idea, seems to me it might be more fun if the balls came out a little faster rather than the soft lob. Maybe that's as strong as their mechanism can do it.

#3119 1 year ago

Listened to the Loserkid interview, code sounds really fun, "unmasking" the 7 villains. Combine that concept with tons of assets from the show this could be a blast. Really looking forward to seeing more, was hoping Santa Spooky would put some gameplay in our stockings by Christmas but January isn't too far off. I hope it doesn't get delayed and delayed and delayed again like we've seen with other companies.

EDIT: Just got to the end of the podcast, Bug says "this January you're definitely going to see gameplay, you're definitely going to see a Deadflip livestream where we'll go into detail about everything in the game and play for a few hours." Sounds good to me.

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Will someone please enlighten me as to how to find the Loserkid interview about Scooby?
Thank you!!!

There were audio problems with some of the feeds this morning, if you start listening and hear a lot of odd silence I know the fixed version is up on Loserkid's soundcloud.

#3598 1 year ago

I love the idea of modes playing out like episodes, working your way through the mystery until you unmask the villain. That's the kind of code I enjoy, I don't care as much about scoring points as I do completing missions. Based on what the guys have said it seems like this might be their approach. I hope it is because that sounds like it could be really fun with all the audio/video from the show.

1 week later
#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Code can make or break this pin.

100% this game will live or die by the code and how we interact with the episodes. I’m optimistic it’s going to be really good but my optimism is based mostly on hope. Don’t let us down Spooky.

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That was in reference to Halloween, not Scooby-Doo. But in all fairness, code can make/break any game so...

Oh sorry misunderstood. Regarding your other comment some layouts are more exciting and visceral to shoot. Obviously code is important to any game but with everything I’ve seen of the Scooby layout it needs more help from code than games with more interesting exciting layouts and shots. The AIQ code is convoluted but I love learning it because that playfield is just so damn fun to shoot. I don’t see that same visceral excitement on the Scooby Doo playfield. That’s not a knock, Spooky does things their own way, but imo that playfield needs a lot of help from code to make it fun/interesting/exciting because the shots are all kind of the same. Again not knocking the game I’m simply stating why code can be more vital to some games. That’s my personal feeling about Scooby and I really hope they nail it. This game has a ton of potential.

2 weeks later
#4506 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Lets let this go and go back to the pin..(just a suggestion)

Does anyone know if Spooky has said anything about the January Deadflip stream they talked about right after they announced? I checked their recent social media posts and unless I missed something they haven't mentioned it anywhere.

#4510 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Nothing has been officially set up to my knowledge. Spooky has replied with "this month" for gameplay video. No other specifics.

Thanks! Was just curious if I missed any announcements.

1 week later
#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Jack Danger is my real dad. My hands are tied!

You're smart to listen to your old man Considering we have a week left in January is it safe to assume we'll see the stream end of this week?

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

His normal state is hiding. He pops out when the bravery meter on the right gets high enough.

I love the bravery meter concept, can't wait to see it in action.

#5099 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I don't mind waiting either, but Spooky did set a deadline. End of this month. And all signs point to them announcing this weekend. I think Wariodolby was just making a humorous comment about being stuck on Pinside in anticipation

In a Spooky post from a few days ago, either on here or Facebook can't remember, they said they were still on track for a January stream. So hopefully nothing has changed. It does kinda feel like they're doing a lot of last minute cramming for a big test

They seem to really want to deliver on this code, I feel good about it but we'll see hopefully soon.

#5106 1 year ago

Sh*t is about to get real

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 12.26.32 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-27 at 12.26.32 PM (resized).png
#5154 1 year ago

I'm 20 minutes in and this game just looks straight up fun to play. Huge smile on my face the whole time. I'm also really enjoying watching the Spooky guys having so much fun with it. You can tell they put their heart and soul into this game. Cannot wait to get mine. Bravo Spooky

#5624 1 year ago

Thanks! I will do a video. Can’t wait!!

Nice thank you! Is your game shipping soon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reffob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=reffob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.