20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Agree, and if those animations shown (with the pinballs) are going to be in the game it will look muchhhh better than the halloween animations.

They got different animators back in the summer, who are also redoing a bunch of Halloween's animations

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I feel some ugly ass armor colors coming up

Mystery Machine CE cabinet

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

What is taking so long for the game play video?

Remember when we were told about Bond and then it took weeks for us to even find a picture of the cabinet via leaks?

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby has been mainstream and relevant for decades and many generations. I am 52 and my 15 year old daughter and whole family love Scooby Doo.

People don't seem to realize that Scooby Doo still gets a ton of animated movies and tv shows still. It's been a very consistent IP for many years now

#238 1 year ago

I think it would be ideal if Spooky shows off the game fully before taking orders, show us the layout, even demo some early gameplay if possible. Would go a long way.

And folks acting all uppity about incomplete code their games had at launch, get real, like this isn't what EVERYONE is friggin doing right now. Love the hype going for Bond when key features are not even in the game and its being sold and rolled out everywhere. So many feature incomplete Sterns and games from other companies. It's sadly just the way the business is now

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

Still too much IMO based on past titles from what I have seen and played, then you get the resale value is shit with spooky, look at all the halloweens on the market now from people just wanting to dump them.

Outside of Halloween, most of their pins have gone up in price so this is odd. Halloween had alot of blind early adoption and a much large production run so that didn't help. Things will likely calm down on that front. Heck it's amazing how Sterns that distros have been sitting on for long periods of time and weren't big hits with fans, when they went out of production, suddenly shot up in resale value.

But it's also silly how folks seem to be focused on "resale value" over the actual enjoyment of a game.

#405 1 year ago

UM and Halloween improved immensely in the past two updates and the next update this week sounds like a big one too. Yea some of their early machines had issues and it was a rough start, but they have kept working at it and improved everything. Hopefully they learned things after them, but they have worked to deal with the issues and take care of their customers also. So can only hope and imagine Scooby is gonna be even better

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There’s gonna be a lot of games sitting and not selling. 2023 is going to be a shit show. Interest rates, recession, housing, layoffs, the toys will be the first to go. I believe we will start to see pin prices starting to fall in the secondary market. The new market in the pinball companies is gonna be tightening up for them to take your money it’s gonna have to be a really good theme.

Folks always say this, but expendable income collectibles and entertainment tend to be pretty economic proof. No matter how bad things get, high priced luxury items are still in demand and sell cause the market buying them can afford to do so. It's low end entertainment and luxury items that tend to get hurt.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can you share your data on that?
Typically even for those who can afford it value because more important and the top bells and whistles that were "must have" in the past, become acceptable to do with out. Pinball has one advantage in that there is huge market growth potential but that needs pinball companies to execute alot better than they currently do.

It's just a known and common fact that high end luxury items tend to be highly resistant to recessions. The people buying these high end goods tend to have the means to have more purchasing power and are not as affected compared to the lower income brackets which have to buckle down on their spending. Pinball is not a common man's hobby, if your capable of owning a small arcade worth of pins and buying 10k+ machines here and there, you are typically not a person who is going to be as affected by these things, these are high end goods. It's not like someone who is cutting out his trips to the golf course or going scuba diving cause you got to spend 100-200 bucks for your session, these are huge money deals in comparison. Luxury car brands for example have always weathered recessions while the more consumer friendly budget car options see the complete opposite.

#608 1 year ago

A stern like action button? Interesting.

This is gonna sell out quick

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Any details yet on differences between trim levels? If shots/toys are mostly the same this is a great value at the SE price.

From their FB post, it sounds like only the CE comes with most of the sculpts

#617 1 year ago

Just posted

bsescoob (resized).jpgbsescoob (resized).jpgcescoob (resized).jpgcescoob (resized).jpgsscoob (resized).jpgsscoob (resized).jpg
#623 1 year ago

Cab comparison. Like Halloween, majority are going to get the CE

revea (resized).jpgrevea (resized).jpg
#626 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Semantics. Doesn’t change the fact that it still looks like it. Ghees.

The guy said it looked the same, but it clearly isn't? How is that semantics?

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is a Charlie and Bug game
Idk if they know if they think they have a signature design style yet, but I have noticed they love upper playfields in their games. RZ, ACNC, HWN/UM, and now Scooby.

Yea I was thinking that, Spooky loves their upper playfields

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

He said it’s DIFFERENT, I’m saying it looks like AC. It VERY MUCH looks the same.

The post he was quoting was not you, and the post he was quoting claimed it was the same. Not sure who you are talking to cause he was not addressing you if you look at the quotes. So your getting mixed up on whose responding to you.

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

One pin..TNA one pop. Rick and Morty one pop. Alice cooper no pops, Halloween/Ultra no pops..Scooby doo no pops..See a pattern?

Half their machines have no pops, that's not exactly a pattern

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Waiting for pics of the trim levels before ordering.

revea (resized).jpgrevea (resized).jpg
#698 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I keep seeing No stress ordering….then the CE looks amazing and it’s limited to 1969 units. My thought right away is how the hell do I get one before the flippers!!! In on a CE if I can get one. It looks great!

Spooky Fang Club members get first shot at ordering it online at their website. Other way to get is to hope to snag one from a distributor that is picking up slots

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I feel like the game will sell out and you have to be a a member.

That's what happened with their previous games outside of the TNA remake. But you could find dealers that had reserved slots that non members could buy, but those went fairly quick

#717 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Stern resolves their issues. I’ve had issues and they have sent parts and resolved them instantly.
JJP does not but i would not know first hand because i have chosen not to support them.
CGC is builtproof I’ve never had an issue with any of their games.
I will continue to support stern and CGC

Funny theirs a huge post on here of folks complaining about how Stern struggles to get them parts, with taking a year+ at times and more to get simple replacements from Stern.

Any issue I had with Spooky, they were shipping out new parts the same or next day to me so far and always answering emails. Something I've never had from any other company.

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Someone needs to take the knocker, move it to the top of the machine and hook it up to a small catapult that launches a scooby snack when the player gets a free game.

Save that for the eventual "A Christmas Story" Pinball. When you unlock "you'll shoot your eye out mode" and you get blasted in the face

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m 100% not flipping the game!!!
Does this mean the ‘cheap’ model would be more collectible?
I def want the CE but just thinking out loud.

The bare bones model is so stripped down, I wouldn't. Seeing those stripped down Halloweens, ugh. No decals on the targets, tons of bare areas with missing details. All those cool sculpts are pretty much CE exclusives so I think folks really are gonna want to stick with that model

#1347 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Never ordered a Spooky pin before, what is the expected delivery on their new games?

Your order number and which version you get. CE's are made first so if your number like 10 with a CE, you are likely going to be getting yours real soon as it will be one of the first made.

The one caveat is if you are international, those units apparently get done last or near the end of the run

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I mean, seems simple to me - don't have approval? Don't announce. I would just like it explained to me why it's *always* last minute scramble. Perhaps I am missing some facts or understanding.

All aspects need to be approved, music, callouts, art, if it's WIP still, then that means they can't have full approval yet. So they either keep delaying announcing till everything if feature approved. So this means it's not complete at this point.

Why launch? Because they likely need the capital flow, speaking from a manufacturer's perspective, these big project do need to wind up and you need a cash flow ready to go to push the production, and with them depending on one machine sale to the next, they have to get orders going, unlike a bigger company like Stern which has multiple ongoing product launches and lines going at all time producing non stop cash flow.

Smaller companies with a single product focused line have this problem often as you are having to always get a product moving along to keep your factory running and paying everyone while also being able to upfront handle the development and production of your next product in your queue. Larger companies have a cushion to work with due to multiple revenue streams

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But, they had gameplay feature videos on announce day with audio and LCD assets shown. To be fair, Stern has announced and streamed games same day many times in the past.

What? They announced the game and didn't even show us the playfield for weeks. It required online leaks for folks to even see the machine for the first time even after they announced the game on their social media and via email

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm interested in the standard. It's $2,000 cheaper. The cabinet art is a downgrade, but it's fine. Then you're mostly just losing powder coating, a bunch of sculpts, some other little cosmetics, and then the knocker (whatever) and shaker. I can buy the shaker for cheap.
The value is in the standard edition, not the collectors.
Sure would be nice to see a photo of it though. I wonder how it looks without the sculpts and colorful wireforms.

Also lack of colored plastics, and no decals on the targets is a big oof frankly. Have you seen what the playfield on the standard Halloween looks like compared to the CE? It's pretty huge difference visually. Gameplay is identical but it really loses alot of oomph

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is a difference between a teaser video announcement and a reveal. Two separate events. Spooky also followed the same approach.

Spooky has been doing it all within a week. It was what, a month from announcement did we get anything out of Stern?

Quoted from jid:

Right. But how do they know if they have all the CEs in the queue if they haven't hit the total cap of number of machines to build.
Basically hold on all BSEs until all CEs they have orders for are built and then build BSEs? could be!

Its going to take 18 months to produce all these, they got lot of time to finalize these numbers

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Yea, but even stern does a Xth run to fill gaps. Unless I'm mistaken they don't do that? I get the fact that there trying to limit their overhead exposure but this is like when WMS/BLY ignored the sales of AFM and didn't bother upping production. It's clear there was extra demand and they left it on the table.

Limited run licenses for a product are much cheaper than buying a long term license contract. To do like Stern with an open production number for X amount of years is going to cost a ton more than a one and done limited release. This is why so many smaller companies stick to limited production runs of products.

Also doing long term licenses are HUGE risks, cause if sales don't remind consistent you are SOL and bought an expensive license that is not gonna pay back. Limited helps ensure you are gonna get your turn around

As for being limited to push sales, yes that's a tactic, it's a business, they are in the business to make money and doing such things are part of the strategy even if we don't like it

#1573 1 year ago

Folks were transferring their preorders for Halloween and UM left and right if gotten from a distro

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So the standard edition will play identically to the others, just less cosmetics, right?
Really tempted...

Lot less cosmetics, like no target decals, none of the cool sculpts, none of the colored plastics or rails. It's a very bare bones looking machine if you seen what the SE's of the Halloween and Ultraman looked like. And you will be waiting till end of production run as they are made last.

#1722 1 year ago

It's quite common distros and such hook people up, happens with every Stern LE too before they even go up for sale, folks get to brag about how they secured their order ahead of everyone cause someone does their pal a favor

#1942 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

LOL you sell less than 2000 units total. What is your server? A Commodore 64 with an acoustic coupler running some hacked java script ??!?

Showing you know nothing about web development and networking. Total units means nothing, it's about user load going on at one time.

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from Lot49:

I am looking into the CE, but concerned the height of the basement won't support the topper. Anyone know how easy they would be to remove?

Toppers are usually just screwed in some manner so probably not that difficult.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hot take .. but … I know first ones are always to operators to get the game in the wild but seems maybe better to send to collectors with some skills to fix the intial issues ?

Operators don't get first dibs on Spooky pins, they are made in the order of the order placed.

#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Looking at the difference between CE and BSE...Is the mine entrance sculpt the rocky face along all those main shots? I'm trying to determine which toys are included from a visual.

The mine entrance sculpt is on the upper playfield as you can see here:

Believe the castle stone sculpt that separates the bottom and upper playfields is on all editions

fbb736e537d6f915ab837be1b3e637ecb5151164 (resized).pngfbb736e537d6f915ab837be1b3e637ecb5151164 (resized).png
#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

What’s the difference between Standard and BSE?

ddc6eaba482e1e61b140e2357bdd514e900d9e49 (resized).pngddc6eaba482e1e61b140e2357bdd514e900d9e49 (resized).png
#2407 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It would be nice to see a photo of the BSE/SE now that people are already contractural in on them
If no sculpts are there flat plastics of art?

The feature matrix says no plastic protectors, so imagine that means that all those plastics that the sculpts are standing gone are simply removed so you got open lanes with just the playfield art. The upper play field for example has none of those sculpts that are standing on the plastic protector, so imagine that simply is taken out and you got open lanes

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Buying the BSE seems like my excuse to also buy a 3D Printer! Fill out the sculpts myself.

Theres probably lot of Scooby toys out there that a person can just buy and add. It's what many have done for Godzilla , especially pro models, just buying random toys and filling up the playfield

#2414 1 year ago

So for simplicity sake, it sounds like the only sculpts that the BSE and SE include are the Mystery Machine Van, Captain Cutler, and the castle center pieces, everything else appears CE exclusive for sculpts.

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Wha?...hows that even possible...

The playfield is essentially standard, but they have extra aspects on the right and left of the playfield that expands it to a widebody. If you look at the playfield layout for example you got the rails slings and others in the wide area. Wire forms, subways, locks, etc are out of bounds on the sides of the playfield instead of taking up playfield space. The actual open playfield is essentially a standard sized field. They put it in a wide body to fit in more stuff essentially

#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

“How” is pretty easy - my question is why ?

Because they have so much going on in the game. If they didn't use a wide body for it, the extra bits would have had to been placed on the playfield.

The open playfield is essentially a standard playfield in size, while they used a wide body to be able to spread things out and use extra real estate to add content and features to the game by sticking them on the sides. The entire left size for example is up kickers, wire frame trails, locks, etc that would have had to be placed on the actual playfield and making it smaller. Instead of crowding the playfield, they were able to move lot of things to the left and right sides

#2498 1 year ago

The top down really shows how packed the game is. They still have a big open playfield by putting it in a wide body while the wides as I kinda marked show how are being used by extras to not crowd the playfield or take up space on it. They might have had to leave stuff off otherwise to get it to fit and flow well.

trails (resized).pngtrails (resized).png
#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

the right side looks to have a light bar along the shooter lane , the left side has pf to the cabinet here and there

Most of the left side is blocked off outside a couple lane entries, but it's mostly used for pathways for the wireframes and other features.

#2744 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

The new programmers are responsible for the most recent Halloween code, which according to forum posts was filled with bugs. Not necessarily a really good sign. Maybe it's partially due to working on someone else's work, maybe easier for them to start from scratch on Scooby. Either way not the most comforting thing to hear about the new code.

I like the taking out of context things and blowing it out of proportions. Yea the new code has a couple bugs. But "filled with bugs" is pretty huge exaggeration. They fixed and added a bunch of things, theres a couple little issues which are all visual presentation issues and they are already working on it.

Love the overreaction, saw another of this on Facebook where folks were saying how the new code is a "disaster". lol no it's not

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

With all of the time that I spent keeping up with the Halloween thread, I don't remember a single Butter buyer complaining about damage during shipping.
Spooky wraps the Butter cabs in moving blankets, shrink wrap, then boxes.
If it were to be damaged during shipping, knowing Spooky's exemplary customer service, I am certain they would find you a remedy.

The shipping company came early for me and left it at my front door, no signing for, it was nuts. The pallet the game was on clearly broke and the whole thing had tipped over, box was beat up, but since they just left it at the house I couldn't even dispute it. Thankfully it was packed well and there was no outer damage. There was some damage inside due to the terrible delivery job, but Spooky promptly sent me replacement parts to fix what came loose and broke due to the shipping companies terrible service.

#3025 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not sure if I ever heard of them sending out replacement HWN lockdown & rails that had powder coating issues. Not a big deal me anyway, but plenty of complaints.

If you were the original buyer, and had powder coat issues they would send you replacements. The ones who couldn't were the folks who bought a machine 2nd hand typically. The newer armor had clear coating applied, still not perfect but clearly better than the original powder coat.

#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Spooky's definition of sold is probably different than yours. A distributor committing to a certain allotment is considered sold to them regardless of how long games are still available with the distributor.

Yep, product sold to a distributor is a sold machine. If a distro bought more than they needed, that's on them to sell em.

#3409 1 year ago

The 576 was a CE model #, so that's also not accounting for BSE and SE models that were sold, which some folks also got direct.

Then we know of a distro that supposedly had 300 units allocated apparently, so there is a good amount of pins spread around

#3460 1 year ago

If they can get gameplay stream going for this finally, that itself would probably push a bunch of sales or get this sold out. Lot of folks leery to go all in with no gameplay after Halloween/UM rough start

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just makes sense to let people do what they want with the machines they own in the privacy of their own gamerooms. I wonder why there isn't a pinball browser type app for spooky hardware by now.

What a weird thing to say when no one else is doing this either.

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

This will never be Scooby.... It's a shame.

It's not trying to be... that's kind of the point

3 weeks later
#4556 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

People selling for $500 loss (SD) to $2600 loss (JB60) JUST WEEKS after orders open makes zero sense.
Now excuse me, I have to load my wood stove with some hundo's, getting cold in here

Some people rush on limited pins to claim em just to hopefully flip them or see their value shoot up after. The game didn't sell out, theres probably a bunch of people who just freak out at that or never intended to keep the game.

#4614 1 year ago

They need to show the gameplay off before these ship. This is kind of crazy

#4842 1 year ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Did I read correctly that spooky is having Stern employee Jack Danger reveal their game? The company that snaked the Godzilla license from them?

They've worked together with Jack since after that whole thing already.

#5140 1 year ago

The code looks so much more solid than their previous games so far.

#5149 1 year ago

The constant use of the classic Hanna Barbera sound effects is pretty amazing

#5185 1 year ago

Be interesting to see if the reveal video pushes a bunch of sales

#5324 1 year ago

I only like games that I lose in less than 2 mins and require quantum engineering to figure out scoring

#5338 1 year ago
Quoted from jameshalko:

Wow! I was not expecting my Scooby to arrive so soon!
[quoted image]

Hah, almost got me, but we all know Spooky hates pop bumpers

1 week later
#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from bflagg:

amazon.com link »

Whoa, never even knew this existed!

#5868 1 year ago

Guys also realize shipping is not always the same, it varies by route, distance, etc. What costs someone 300, can be totally different for another state. Freight is not flat rate. Kingpin was around 500 for freight to me in FL

Also freight companies are currently CONSTANTLY changing their rates on us shippers.

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.