20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Where's my hat Taco Bell? Where's my hat?

Years ago I unexpectedly received a hat in the mail and never knew why. Is this the hat?
hat (resized).pnghat (resized).png

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Will the game have a coop mode?

Yes. It's from the series episode where Scooby gets stuck in a chicken coop.

#2005 1 year ago

Best to order direct from Spooky to get your game soonest and learn your order position soonest. Only possible downside would be if they sold out before you tried to place your order. But that is very unlikely with 1969 total units and Spooky selling half of them (with the other half split between their distributors). And if Spooky does sell their half out they stated they would help direct you to a distributor with allocations remaining.

The only positive to buying from a distributor is you would be able to get on their interested list before sales opened up at 10 AM central time today. A distributor, knowing how many games they were allocated, could guarantee that same number of people they would get a game. However, buying from any distributor moves your delivery out substantially, since Spooky's direct customers get the first 50 games, the next 50 are split between the distributors, and so on. And it may take quite a while (it has taken weeks for previous Spooky games) for a distributor to be able to give you your order position.

You may think that you were one of the first to get on an interested list for Scooby-Doo with a distributor, since you contacted them shortly after the game was announced. But distributors quite often award their earliest allocations to their best customers. New customers slotted behind them may be in for a long wait. With seven distributors (as listed in some posts in this thread) sharing every other block of 50 games, each distributor will only get around 7 games from each 100 machines built. If you are number 30 on your distributor's interest list, your overall order position would be higher than 550. Number 44 with the distributor would be higher than 750. Guaranteed a game? Yes. Guaranteed a long wait? Probably.

(Full disclosure: I ordered my CE from Joe at PinballSTAR, so I'll be waiting a while myself.)

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Hey team is there an Australian group grabbing these?

One Australian guy is getting one, but it looks like he's having it shipped to Austria for some reason.

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

The way games were being allocated was well broadcasted in this forum through multiple threads and on live QnA session on Facebook and YouTube. This model was not a surprise unless you didn’t do your due diligence.

Yes, most knew the fastest way to get your game was to order direct from Spooky as close to 10 AM today as possible. It was the Spooky site crashing repeatedly that had frustrated people resorting to placing their order through a distributor that resulted in the problem of inequitable delivery times. Unless this is taken into consideration, the difference could literally be several months.

#2479 1 year ago

I'm old enough to remember when options on new cars were ala carte: you could pick and choose what you wanted when ordering. This caused problems when the "take rate" for various options was drastically different from what the manufacturers anticipated. For example: with the debut of the retro-styled Mustang in 2005, Ford added an option called MyColor which allowed the driver to set red/green/blue levels and change the color displayed on the instrument cluster. Ford forecast and ordered parts for a 15% take rate (thinking 15% of customers would want it), but it was new and "cool" and more than 80% ordered it. Ford had to contact buyers and make them choose between dropping the MyColor option and getting their cars promptly, or keeping the option and waiting several more months for the additional parts that had to be ordered. Individual options are logistics problems for manufacturers to forecast, so now equipment packages have replaced most individual options on automobiles.

If you look back, Spooky offered several individual options (such as target decals) on previous games besides the butter cabinet. It looks like Spooky has learned the same lesson the automakers did, and is making those things only available in the Scooby-Doo CE (effectively an equipment package) and not optional on other Scooby-Doo versions. This will make individual parts ordering much easier for Spooky. Offering a non-glare glass option would just complicate parts logistics when Spooky is trying to simplify it. It seems like the only things a buyer will get to choose when their game nears production is if they want a butter cabinet and if they want to pick up their game or have it shipped.

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

They put it in a wide body to fit in more stuff.

Quoted from aztarac:

There also isn't a playfield backboard - the upper playfield goes all the way to the back of the cabinet.

And there is so much stuff sticking up on the playfield that the glass won't fit over it and you have to play with the glass off.
Well . . . maybe that's wrong. But there is a lot of cool stuff jammed into this widebody game.

#2523 1 year ago

(And now, on a more positive note.) Why did I order a Scooby-Doo CE yesterday?

Cab art and backglass look great to me and I expect the green powdercoat to look better in person.
Playfield art, lots of RGB insets, numerous sculpts and colored wireform ramps look great to me.
Widebody with standard body fan layout had shots that looked smooth on the short video shown.
Upper playfield looked good to me with bash toy, bookcase/flipper and exits to various ramps.
Didn't see audio or video clips, but they have the right voice actors (4000 callouts) and show assets to use.
Haven't heard a lot of the soundtrack, but liked the music from the game on the teaser and short video shown.
Coding needs to fully make use of the 5 characters, 7 villains, Scooby snacks, and multiballs on the playfield.

The biggest question mark is how good the code will turn out over time (like when I get my game in a year).

#3039 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

The next buzz around here will be when Spooky lets people know their numbers in the coming days.

Just wait until people who tried to buy direct from Spooky when orders opened at 10 AM but jumped over and ordered from a distributor instead when Spooky's system kept crashing find out that delivery of their machines will take several months (or more) longer than the people who stuck out the crashes and did order direct.

(Full disclosure: I'm in the group that wound up ordering a CE from a distributor just after 10 AM that day.)

#3239 1 year ago

Per Spooky, all CEs will be run first, then BSEs and last the few SEs ordered by people. Since we now know number 1854 is a BSE, either Spooky has sold at least 1854 of the 1969 games and the game is close to being sold out. Or they are planning to run the sold CEs first, then all un-sold games as CEs, then the sold BSEs, and last the sold SEs. If this second scenario is correct, then we don't know how many Scooby-Doo games are still unsold.

#3247 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

#383 and I think that means I will be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

That sounds great! Are you planning on staying home from work those two days waiting for it?

Quoted from Vecna:

The 2nd Tuesday of next week is probably more accurate.

When we were kids that's what Mom would answer when we asked her when we were going to go to Disneyland.

#3300 1 year ago

I've only purchased two pins in the last 15 years. In 2014 I received an unexpected bonus check from my employer for working 20 years with them and used it to buy Mustang premium NIB. In 2019 I felt selfish buying EHoH LE NIB since my wife never played any of my games (but that looks like a good decision now).

I'm 73 and retired now (I worked until almost 71). My wife of 42 years died in September at age 65. We chose not to have any kids, so now it's just me and our two German shepherd dogs. The last two months have been pretty tough. Only God knows how much more time any of us have, so I preordered Scooby-Doo CE to hopefully lift up my spirits.

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Add some of these to the game.

Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Why did I have a feeling I would get a response like this?

Programming for the game is still incomplete. PinBalt just wants them to flesh it out more.

#3820 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Found this Hallmark 2018 ornament.

There is a whole series of Scooby-Doo ornaments. I picked up the ones from 2018 and 2012.
I might wind up only using the 2018 ornament like The-Hum.
Scooby-Doo ornaments (resized).jpgScooby-Doo ornaments (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4411 1 year ago

Not many people know that Shawn Corey Carter took his stage name Jay-Z from the letters on the front of Wonder Twins Jayna and Zan's superhero costumes. It is unknown if he is also from their home planet of Exxor.

#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I'm also curious what that giant mech bracket is.

The height is an optical illusion. From that angle it only looks like it extends down to the green pcb base of the banks of drop targets. It's just a normal VUK mounted to the wood above that green base, that kicks the ball up to a ramp that returns it to the flippers.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

How did that one spool of pink wire get in with all that blue wire?

Pinside eagle eye spotters do it again! Looks like Spooky's next pin will be Barbie.

#4554 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Could be they just came upon another pin they couldn’t resist.

My guess? jeffspinballpalace is selling spot 1038 at a small loss probably to buy a much lower Scooby-Doo spot. Number 388 is for sale at the required CE deposit of $2K right now. I'll bet jeffspinballpalace scored an even lower spot for that price. Wouldn't any of you pay a couple hundred or so to move up hundreds of places if your number was over a thousand?

1 week later
#4835 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Your avatar makes me hungry.

Have a Scooby snack to tide you over.

#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I grew up extremely poor and it is just in me to buy stuff as cheap as possible. I applaud pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't care. I hope to be there some day.

<< WARNING: Cargument ahead ! >>

Yet you've been on Pinside for 1 year and own 18 machines, including the high priced Toy Story 4 CE, Elvira 40th LE, plus many other A-list games. Most of us are looking to buy games at a fair price, and Scooby-Doo is fairly priced compared to recent offerings from the other manufacturers. You, on the other hand, are like the car buyer who wants to make sure that nobody else gets a cheaper price than they do for the same model. This is the reason GM initially created the Saturn division with the same flat pricing for everyone. So people could buy a Saturn knowing that no one else got a better deal on it than they did.

So you want a Scooby-Doo, but you want to wait until you can buy the game at a discount, hoping that people will sell their spot at a loss if video of gameplay looks underwhelming or if some new release (such as BTTF) makes people want to drop Scooby and buy the new game instead. Spooky should have limited it to 750 like R&M. Scooby would have sold out day one and if it is a hit you'd be left looking for one on the used market at a markup.

#5128 1 year ago

Saw the latest pic. Nice that they had the rolling cart powder coated the same green as the Scooby-Doo armor. Spooky is really going all out for Scooby-Doo !

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Just finished watching. Stoked to get #72.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

#89 is right around the corner now!

Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Super excited to receive #111.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

Looking forward to getting #152.

Quoted from myterp:

#169 can’t come fast enough.

I have #614 and I'm trying hard not to resent all of you guys with such low numbers. I received my emailed receipt from PayPal 29 seconds after orders opened at 10 AM and the only thing I did wrong was buy through a distributor instead of direct from Spooky.

Quoted from blastbeat:

Watched this morning. All it did was make me sad because I'm #711.

Quoted from Mdanielb:

I am #712 and after watching, the wait just got a bit harder.

You two guys didn't make me feel any better. I'm just sad for both of you too now.

1 week later
#5931 1 year ago

He's hard to spot because he's standing right next to Waldo . . .
. . . and you know how hard it is to spot Waldo.

#5952 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I wish you could upgrade to thick radcals instead of butter.
Those shine a lot too and would be much cheaper.

If Spooky offered radcals as a middle option, would they call it margarine?

( Posting this only as a setup for CoolCatPinball to provide the punchline. )

3 weeks later
#6393 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ALL of the flasher domes should have the mounting tab below the plastic.

From a previous pic taken at the Spooky factory, it looks like all tabs should be mounted under.
bravery meter dome lights (resized).jpgbravery meter dome lights (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.