20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Production has been limited on every single Spooky so far (TNA was a contract game) so I'm sure that business model will continue.
Some of the HW/UM FOMO was flipper d-bags thinking they could make a buck because of R&M. Hopefully a lot of them have moved on to other hobbies and we can get back to normal - buy a game because you love the theme, not because you think you'll make money.

I wasn’t flipping my Halloween and feel burned.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:Rest assured this is going to be another limited release. It is Spooky’s business model to develop a fixed number of machines, it creates certainty for their line and development plans. Also…FOMO sells games, there is no question about it. Why would they abandon the model now?
Anyone know if this is going to be another two theme playfield design game release?

Not true there was no limit on the last release.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

JohnTTwo could have been referring to to TNA as it is the latest game Spooky is currently making. Although this latest run was limited to 250 games, I don’t think Spooky had ever stated that this will be the last run of TNAs. So while TNA was never technically limited to a certain number I suspect this latest run may be the last of them. To my knowledge every other game spooky has made has had a limited number (set by spooky based on the amount they could produce within a certain timeframe).

I am referring to the release of Halloween.

Spooky did not say only 1250 CE’s would be made before the order day release.

They didn’t want anyone who wanted a CE not to miss out, so the amount of CE’s ordered determined how many were made, which lead to the price crash of Halloween.

If I would have known that I would have waited and saved 2k.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

To my knowledge every other game spooky has made has had a limited number (set by spooky based on the amount they could produce within a certain timeframe).

Hmm not calling you out because I could be wrong. Halloween was not a preset number of CE’s

I am fat and old so my brain doesn’t remember everything like it use to.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There was a limit of 1250 Halloween machines but those were a combination of all 3 available Halloween models (CE, BSE, SE).

Thanks I remembered something correct the CE number wasn’t set total units was set buyer’s determining how many CE’s were being made of the 1250.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I can't see them lowering the price to sell the remaining (whatever number that is) TNA2.0 machines.

The total number of Halloweens was always set in stone. It was totally up to the buyers to determine how many of those were CE and BSE.

This is the post I remember and was odd not xxx number on it.

50CB3E18-6A0B-45A9-A4E9-CBC93670C0E2 (resized).png50CB3E18-6A0B-45A9-A4E9-CBC93670C0E2 (resized).png
#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Are you sure on this?
GZLE - if you wanted one day 1, with no gameplay stream, pretty sure a non-refundable deposit needed.
Others will confirm no doubt.

Actually it is to be paid in full.

#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

If license is the issue...
Turn the volume all the way down and cover up the LCD. Play it and let folks see how the game shoots. We've already seen the playfield art so the licensor seems happy with that. If showing the lightshow is an issue, disconnect the controlled lighting. Geometry, shots and flow are the most important; go ahead and show us all that while maybe describing what features you're shooting for.

Perfect! Obvious!

Won’t be done, why?

#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I don’t think all of the people that did not like HWN/UM were flipper. Those games are for sure not for everyone, I’ll admit that.
The thing is, that there were a certain number of people that bought those machine with no other intention other than flipping them for more money. I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at the time considering Rick and Morty was selling at a premium. When that did not work out well and they couldn’t sell them a few of them got all pissed and started trash talking on pretty much every for sale thread etc.
Personally I think it’s funny as hell.
If buying a NIB pinball machine thinking your going to flip it for a profit is your great money making scheme I think you have bigger issues.

So you think people who want to sell a game trash talk it? Interesting…..

#1584 1 year ago

I think I may have figured out this Fang Club stuff.

I was a Fang member for a while, and yeah you probably get your 50 bucks worth of trinkets. I think mine still have the protective paper on some of them.

I keep thinking why why why.

The club is pure brilliance by Spooky, what a great way to see how many people really want a up coming game, gets people who are a 95% buyer to put some money into a membership and Spooky can have data on how many games will be sold.

No for my just guessing sticking stuff to a wall. I was impressed some game play was posted by Spooky but wondered why did they post up the game play. Oh and always have thought the license excuse was total bull shit cuz companies can just blur out or cut out the non approved license stuff weather it is pictures, likeness, or music. Just like Spooky did for the game play.

My wild silly guess is this, not as many Fang club memberships being sold, how do we hype up Pinside, post some game play, get more Fang members = more sales.

Well spooky did not release as much on Halloween or Ultra because they knew they had the games sold because of all the Fang memberships. Now with Scooby not as many Fang memberships so up the irons give them more.

Super super smart great business by Spooky!

Congrats on the business savy move Spook.

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Best thing you can do is be all logged in and have payment info saved when it goes live! If we run out we will try to help shuffle to distributors that have supply although it does sound like distributors have more on their lists than they have games

This is the post I find the most interesting, thank you for posting up this valuable information

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Haha
Thought I'd seen it all
[quoted image]

Thanks for seeing the humor in this.

Trying to lighten the mood on release day.

#1859 1 year ago

I wanted the ad to come across as 1k more but messed it up.

My apologies for a joke gone bad.

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

although it does sound like distributors have more on their lists than they have games

Curious what distros are sold out at this point? With them having more people on their list then they have games, at least one has to be sold out.

May help buyers knowing who is sold out.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

My JJP WOZ ECLE with their version of butter came pre-scratched so I didn't have to worry about it. Thanks Jack!

Your fault!!!

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So many said it won't sell out today.....
While they're almost certainly right..... It would be hilarious to see "SOLD OUT!!!!" just to prove them wrong!!

Well as per Spooky Luke many dealers had more names for games then games available so we for sure should start seeing distros being posted up as sold out soon.

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Jason at classic game rooms still has some . Seems like a solid guy .

Jason is first class man, say it the way it is and helped me with my JJP when JJP would not.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Well... I'm in. And I know a few dealers who ran out. Fortunately they got a few more. Sounds like the game is selling really well.

Who were they?

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I am thinking 950 sell day 1 .
Anyone else have a number in mind.

Hmm I am guessing 650, not one dealer is out of them yet, and many dealers had more names down for orders then games available. I am still trying to connect some dots. Something is not right.

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

People get in multiple lists/end up buying direct or decide not to buy. Having a list isn’t a sale. In my experience hunting hyped limited games, with any new release a lot of distributors will conservatively say they have none available only to call a couple weeks later.

Funny how that works I am seeing it more and more first with TS4, heck CE's all over now but they were sold out, Bond LE sold out day one but you can still buy them from distros.

Spooky says distros have more names on list then they have games, and you think people switched and bought direct from Spooky, seems to me it went the other way Spooky buyers were leaving Spooky for dealers due to website issues.

Sitting back and watching this has been very fun and educational.

So Spooky may have over allotted themselves games and are giving up spots to distro's? That is kinda neat.

I am thinking of that George Thorogood song one Bourbon one Scotch and one beer. The line in the song where he says:

"Now you funny too."

Congrats everyone who got a game, seems like a great game from what I have seen so far. Love those long wire form returns, that extra sling and mini playfield.

Are any distro's out of games yet?

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I can’t imagine that this could happen. They will be building CEs for the next year. This will be sold out long before then.

When do you think this game will be sold out?

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I’m just kinda glad the flippers have likely been taken out of the market . If the game is good it will hold its value , but what we don’t need is spot flippers make money without ever receiving the game !

100% agree but it also hurts the buyers, how many people with a non-refundable deposit can sell their game without losing money?

Welcome to the UM Halloween dream team brotha

#2621 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Why can't pinsiders use the pm button to call each other names I will never know...
On a different subject we are seeing the effects of the downturn in the economy. I just put a SD in my cart. Seems crazy that this has not sold out yet.

The really scary part is having distros with more names on a list then games available to them and not one sold out. Tells me tons of people backed out.

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I wonder if anyone is wondering how close to selling out they are.

My guess is not close at all.

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Doesn’t really matter considering they have already sold more of these than any previous game they’ve made. That’s a pretty substantial achievement and it shows that the community that supports this company is still strong even with all the endless pinside grumblings, nitpickings and impatience. That being said, I really would like the Halloween code completed sooooooon. Haha

Glad they have sold so many and glad they sold more then any previous game.

How many have they sold?

Thanks

#2646 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

And a distro site has 73.
[quoted image]

Well you gotta remember because spookys website had issues they may have allocated several hundred more to each distro.

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you believe what Charlie said (that they have sold more in one day than any of their other games) then that would lead me to believe that they sold through more than 1750 (direct and through distributors) and that would mean that there are about 220 left. BUT I’m sure each of the 8 distribs have some left as well. PinballStar, who has the largest allotment was near to selling out last time I checked. But really…does it matter if it sells out…or is close to sell out? The game looks cool as hell and I can’t wait to play it and get it on location and watch the code grow over the course of ownership. Im not gonna say this a home run for them but it definitely looks that way right now. Great license, great artwork, accessible layout, full assets and perfect cast for callouts. It just looks incredible.

After going through through the price crash of Halloween it really does matter to me, that is why I am waiting to buy one from a person who has some life changes and no longer wants the game. I can save a couple thousand and still get a game earlier then first day buyers. The more games that are unsold the bigger the crash = larger the savings. So seeing the all distros have games left after being told by Luke that the distros had more names then games is a good sign for buyers that are playing the waiting game. I really wish no one ill, but it is all about the money I need for retirement and I can' over spend on my hobbies.

Seeing the largest distro still having games and not being sold is a great sign I may have played Scooby just right

With TS4 CE's gong for thousands less then MSRP, and the distros were all sold out on day one and now they all have them has really pushed the second hand market down into a buyers market.

Waiting for a year for the game HW, and seeing the game HW being sold for thousands less on pinside everyday really sucked for me and I did not want to go through those belly pains again, took a lot of joy out of buying HW for me. Maybe if I was a real baller and the price drop and money loss did not matter to me it would have been better, but I have to watch my pennies so I can retire someday.

The game does look awesome and I love many of the things Spooky has done in the game. Some of my only post on games I wanted to see was Scooby and Ozzy, one down one to go

Some negative people may see me as a hater but I am a Spooky Scooby LOVER Can't wait to flip this bad boy! We are a lucky bunch to have a awesome license being made, thanks Spooky!!!

#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s both.
FOMO buyers are desperate for it to sellout so they don’t face the prospect of losing $2,000 when they sell their pre order spot in 6 months after Jaws or whatever is released, and of course to justify their FOMO panic buy.
Non buyers are desperate for it to not sell out so they can point and laugh at the FOMO buyers and also pick up a pre order spot at a $2,000 discount in six months, and of course to justify not pulling the trigger.
As always, lots of different dynamics at play!

Ha ha ha awesome post and real!

My favorite post to date is Spooky Luke before release "Distro have more names then games they are allotted"

Pump it up MEME in need here. LOL

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Morgan is getting there! It's alot to sort through! Won't be to long

Luke is there a magic point where you could cut game production number down or will you build every game no matter the market?

Thanks

#3058 1 year ago

There are a few distributors out there claiming they sold out of Scooby Doo!
I did not see that coming this early.

This is awesome news for the early buyers, which ones are "sold out"?

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

All KingPin numbers assigned and sent out.
We have a few Collector's Editions available with numbers in the 600's. If you have a deposit in with another distirbutor already, please don't cancel to get a earlier number. That's not nice to the other distributor and I don't appreciate when it happens to me. All the games will get built and there are plenty of other games to play while you wait for Scooby.

Would someone have to walk away from the none refundable deposit to do this?

#3200 1 year ago

There are a few distributors out there claiming they sold out of Scooby Doo!
I did not see that coming this early.

ThePinballCo-op which distros are claiming they are sold out?

Thanks in advance

#3204 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I haven't seen any claims yet. Most of us have "sold out" of standards and blood suckers because the numbers have now be assigned.

Yes this was the first claim I have heard of a sell out so I was curious. Everyone I called had units available, so just wanted to check.

I guess I am confused and thought the the only time a certain edition was not available would be once they hit the 1,959 number and then nothing is available since they make them to order.

#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Didn’t spooky say they won’t let people sell and transfer their spots?

You can for a loss or even, lots of HW and UM sold their spots.

Let's see buy direct from a distro or a private party, he is going to have to shave a couple hundo off if you wants out of it. IMHO

#3226 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

$200 charge to the seller if the deposit is sold over the original price.

Hmm I thought Spooky would toss you out and refund your money if you are caught selling for more?

My bad!

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Both incorrect I believe. The $200 charge is just if you want to transfer to someone else. If you try to flip a PinballStar deposit, they can boot you and refund your money.

So is this correct:

buy from a distro at MSRP + Shipping
Buy from second party MSRP + 200 + Shipping

So it cost a person buying on the secondary market will incur a couple hondo more? So who pays that? Doesn't really matter other then the fact it cost more, who wants to pay more? LMAO

#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

If I'm 1854, I guess Spooky really is close to selling out.

Yes maybe if that is your game number and not your order number.

#3252 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Per Spooky, all CEs will be run first, then BSEs and last the few SEs ordered by people. Since we now know number 1854 is a BSE, either Spooky has sold at least 1854 of the 1969 games and the game is close to being sold out. Or they are planning to run the sold CEs first, then all un-sold games as CEs, then the sold BSEs, and last the sold SEs. If this second scenario is correct, then we don't know how many Scooby-Doo games are still unsold.

I asked Luke and he said they will only build ordered machines Good for all buyers I may add!!!

#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And it's gone...
[quoted image]

The first 200 buck loss.

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've only purchased two pins in the last 15 years. In 2014 I received an unexpected bonus check from my employer for working 20 years with them and used it to buy Mustang premium NIB. In 2019 I felt selfish buying EHoH LE NIB since my wife never played any of my games (but that looks like a good decision now).
I'm 73 and retired now (I worked until almost 71). My wife of 42 years died in September at age 65. We chose not to have any kids, so now it's just me and our two German shepherd dogs. The last two months have been pretty tough. Only God knows how much more time any of us have, so I preordered Scooby-Doo CE to hopefully lift up my spirits.

My thoughts are with you as losing a life long buddy and partner must be very difficult.

With all the pinball machines in the Chicago area don't be afraid to reach out or get involved with some of them. I just ran down to CHI on Tuesday and meet such a pleasant dude.

Have a pinhead gathering at your home! I just had one Saturday and really enjoyed it! Some pinheads and some newbies!!

Spooky SpookyLuke SpookyBug spookydog SpookyDJ is there anyway we can rally as group and see this Pinner get his game very soon as in the first batch?

I am willing to contribute some $$$$ to help make this happen if that is what it takes.

#3356 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No loss dude, let’s not make stuff up. You can transfer for free if it’s the same amount.

My bad it is not 200 bucks to transfer names on a game? I thought those were the rules. Thanks for correcting me

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

In a perfect world, the game would turn out to be a Top 10 title and Spooky would only sell 600!

In a perfect world game play is revealed, I play the game and it’s a top 10 and then I buy one at MSRP.

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Maybe, I admit, I was reading the initial post as "I was order #576" and not CE 576. So who knows really?

Actually they should be close to selling out, distros with more names on a list then games, distros saying they are sold out. Unless some of that’s not true.

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it’s wise to stop speculating until Pinball stars numbers are released. That’s really going to flip the script

I hope it does for all the buyers on this one.

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Tell me why the game needs to be an immediate blind sellout in order for it to be a good game.

It doesn’t

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok, well…care too explain your comment then? I would swear to god a lot of you are in this hobby for the wrong reasons. It’s not the stock market. It’s pinball.

It’s very expensive hobby for me. I don’t have alot disposable income like others and everything I buy I evaluate is it a asset or expense. If pinball machines are in my expense (liability) I could afford one. If I play it right and have them as assets I can have a couple.

I applaud you for having a lot more disposable income then myself, and can just enjoy it even at a loss.

We both enjoy pinball Flip on brotha!!!

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Exactly. I hope people are buying the game because they want the game. How many are made is irrelevant.

For me and my financial situation it is very relevant.

I wish I could be a baller

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would not go into Pinball purchasing with a mindset expecting games to be appreciating assets most are depreciating assets.

Would you suggest limiting ones liability?

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

LMAO this guy calling me rich and he owns twice the amount of pins. I only own one pair of pants FFS!!!

Remember I’m the guy who evaluates all my purchases, even pinball.

It’s been a good path to follow in life.

I would suggest no one buys a 10k toy without financially evaluating it. If a person can buy a NIB pin without financial evaluating it they obviously have more disposable income then myself.

#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The other day my friend and I were working on my Tron, testing the PCB for my topper mod, and he wanted to check the manual. Still stapled in the bag inside. He asked me if I minded if we opened it, and I just laughed.
Is that still a thing? Bragging about the bag still being stapled?

Yes as EJS has made famous that’s the hymen of a pinball machine

#3474 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I suggest the practice of mindful spending regardless of each individual's income level or of what one wants but does not need. Just be mindful of the difference between “needs” and “wants”.
Just think, don't hope!

100%. And ad plan as well.

#3492 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Such a wack take away, are you serious? The game has two playfields an all the mechs are above not below the larger playfield. Like…duh. You SAW the game right? What I am seeing here is REAL NICE cable management and clean efficient engineering. This a HUGE improvement over HWN UM ACNC. HUUUUGE.

Sometimes you read into stuff a bit, he said under the hood, you be talking above the hood

#3508 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeaaaa, I don’t have an opinion on Scooby yet. I’m just talking facts about what is physically in the game and expressing irritation with trolls who are just out to tear down whatever Spooky is doing.

This is same selling model that got people into the HW and UM mess, are you concerned for people who may fall into that same situation?

#3568 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Art is great, no doubt about that. Not a fan of huge upper PF so I will be passing on this one. Not sure why so many are spending so much time about ppl losing money or making money. This hobby is not the stock market. You buy a pin you like, you play the pin and keep it untill you no longer want it. Then you sell the pin at the current market price which we all know can fluctuate. I never bought a pin telling myself "I will be able to make money when I sell this". I made the purchase because I wanted it and it looked fun to play or I played it and want it. If your buying pins up to FLIP then thats on you. They can go scratch IMO.

Every thing I buy I try and evaluate how it will effect my finances. I really wish one day I had so much disposable income it wouldn’t matter if I bought a 10,000 dollar toys.

Honestly if pinball machines cost 10k and after 10 years they were worth zero I would not own 1 machine period. I don’t have the money or mental capacity to take that kind of loss over and over again. I am super happy for you and the others on pinside that can afford such losses on toys and hopefully I get there someday.

Oh and I have a wife so loosing 10k a machine. Nope

Congrats to you and flip on brotha!!!

#3580 1 year ago

My distro Jason at classic got me a new playfield. JJP would give me one so I went through Jason and he sent me one.

#3583 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Yet you have EHOH 40th? I’m confused by your repetitive posts in this thread.

I’m trying to figure out the best time to pounce on the dog!!

I do have a 40th still NIB any interest in it?

#3585 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Why are you worried about what other people do with their money? Or, do you think Spooky is somehow being devious and tricking people into doing something that they shouldn’t…IMO Spooky has always been above and beyond honest and always for the good of the customer.

I guess I was asking if he is worried in both direction for them or just a one way street. I general have empathy for people and total strangers, so yes I worry about them many times when it would be best if I did not, one of my many weaknesses my apologies.

I honestly think Spooky was a disingenuous by saying distros have more names on list then games available to churn up the FOMO hype before launch day. I read into that and my BS meter pegged out, it appears to be accurate as well.

When I get home from Vacation I will be unboxing my Halloween and can't wait to make the Scooby Doo purchase, at the right time I hope. I enjoy the buying game and am learning everyday

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Lots of people like me I suspect. I got on an interested list but didn’t pull the trigger because I want to see more and have some reservations (pun intended) about gameplay. Could be that interested lists were full pre-sales day but when it came time to put up the cash lots decided to wait, which would explain Spooky’s statement (which I never saw, but taking your word for it).

You could be 100% correct, "maybe so" as my dad would say.

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No licensor will allow that.

Only approved sounds?

1 week later
#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I thought I'd spill the beans and let those who haven't bought a spot yet (or are on the fence)..11 left in stock (as of 3PM PST 12/26/22)..AT Nitro Pinball. I think there are some regional restrictions though, so better to ask them personally, if not in the area..I bought a spot from them on day 1 (no affiliation).

I am 100% going to buy a SD, do you know how many were sold?

I am done with FOMO, so looking for information

Thanks
John

#3905 1 year ago

Once pinstar numbers are released some one should be able to figure out how many were ordered unless they are playing games with the numbering system.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Remember, not all pinball buyers and players are on pinside.

I hear ya but I have been very impressed with the sleuthing some of these pinsiders have and can doo.

Plus being a Scooby pin extra sleuthing will only be expected.

1 week later
#4090 1 year ago

I haven’t seen any CE’s numbered above 1,100.

Looking like 500 more games in stock.

#4094 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I updated the Scooby game tracker with the latest Pinball Star numbers. Feel free to add yours if it isn’t already captured:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks so much for doing this!!!

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was trying to sell my game have several interested buyers, but dealer told me there is a $200 transfer fee. Is there any recourse to get out of this transfer fee?

Nope start of the loss process.

#4177 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

#312 here, but I know Scrappy isn't in the game. Spooky has said they secured the license for the original "Scooby-Doo where are you" series which ran 2 seasons and was 25 (?) episodes. There was no such thing as the abomination called Scrappy Doo in the original series thank the almighty Jesus.

Why do so many want less in this game?

1 week later
#4544 1 year ago

Getting pumped for getting my Scooby Doooooo

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/149561

Looks like some deals maybe popping up whoot whoot!

#4567 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just curious, why even order a SD so early then, just to lose money. All these new releases are readily available for a long time before the run is finished. People sell spots, back out, etc. Again, not flaming on you, just wondering. Seems like a bad financial move.

I did it with Halloween along with hundreds of others. Spooky’s sales model will always cause a price reduction for their pins the first year(s)

I made the mistake once not this time.

I don’t wanna pay anymore then I have too.

#4577 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Except R&M didn't have a price reduction but that was a much lower production build than HW or SD.

You are correct I should have said current sales model.

#4676 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Have many of you Spooky owners experienced a lack of quality with other Spooky machines. I am/was interested in possibly getting my first Spooky, but people have been steering me away. They say the games usually have a high rate of breaking down, not working out of the box, etc. is this true? My buddy had a Halloween and said it was the worst game he ever owned and sold it at huge loss. I know it is pinball and things will eventually break, but I at least want to get a few plays in before all holy hell breaks loose. I have/had a Rush Premium. Great game, but there is a major design flaw that fries the node 10 board. I went through three and waited awhile for Stern to address this issue. Got tired of waiting and sold it for a big loss. Ya, I could have waited but got sick of the cut and paste replies from support. Anyhow.... should I wade into the Spooky waters?

It seems like HOme use and location use are two different animals as far as reliability on HW. Talk to some guys who route them. Many issues that prevent it from being solid on location. Both times I was at a tournament Hw was pulled from the tournament, silly little things like machine messed up the players ball count, not registering properly, needing to reboot the machine on player 3 ball 3 urg, but at home this wouldn’t happen. In fact I haven’t seen HW ever make it the whole day in a tournament. It’s a super fun game, I enjoy it more then TS4, seems like no real issues for single player games, but a routers nightmare.

I love the gameplay and game itself.

#4805 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It is electric, and we had a blizzard right after I bought it. Damn thing only worked 5 minutes and died. I was pissed. Turns out one of the two batteries was defective. Luckily, I had a spare from my mower. Worked awesome after that in waist deep snow .
Some people would shit on that company and say never again. I realized things can be defective. Sucks at first but in the end it proved to be a great product. There are some in pinball that have no perspective and expect perfection. It's never going to happen.

36” -42” of snow with a electric snowblower? What make and model very interested.

I currently use a skidsteer.

#4900 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Our Shih-Tzu turns 11 this year, and I get pretty emotional just thinking about the inevitable. And I agree, non-pet folks don't get it.

I use to think that until I had a fellow forum member send me a PM on why he doesn't get the losing a fur baby. He lost his 14 year old son to suicide and after reading his PM I could see his point of view.

#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, my understanding is that Spooky games are build-to-order, so it is impossible to run out of any particular version as long as the entire build queue of 1969 games is not already ordered as a particular version.
RM

100% correct and this is what leads to the devaluation of Spooky pins. But at least flippers aint making any money.

#4912 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I don’t understand how that leads to devaluation, the run is still limited to 1969. Relative rarity vs. other models could drive it slightly I suppose, but I’m just not seeing the argument. If that was the case, wouldn’t the SE/BSE be worth as much (if there were less examples out there as will be with Scooby) as the CE over time? Also, R&M…don’t see any devaluation there.

Currently there are 3 people trying sell their machines (spots) for a loss in market place.

Over time and when it is released I can see more people selling (less hype) and thus price dropping a bit more.

#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Or the live stream blows many away, and they sell out. That's the gamble in waiting, right? Gotta find the sweet spot, and right before the gameplay is revealed might be the best time to get a discount. But who knows?

I think the sweet spot is the month after game play release. The code usually only gets better. So you have the max numbers of non refundable deposits, early code, long wait to get a your game, people decide they don't wanna spend the money they committed to. Some UM buyers may chime in why that pin has lost so much value.

The biggest clue for me was Spooky saying there are more names on list then games available. Thus trying to push the FOMO. Not this time for me

#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Let me be honest for a moment. You are in a thread with 1000+ owners bragging about playing the market and timing your buy so you get the best deal possible. You are giddy with excitement that you are going to make out better than all of us idiots who paid msrp.
I don’t fault you for what you are trying to do, but maybe ~ just maybe ~ you should be a little more stealth about it?
I couldn’t give two squirts about what the value of Scooby is tomorrow, 6 months or a year from now. I’m excited about the game and look forward to owning it for a long time.

No worries man I get it and can’t wait to own my Scooby Doo!

The only way a manufacturer will change is through sales and keeping their customers happy. Alot of people got burnt with non refundable deposits and no limited product.

Scooby Doo is round two

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But as I said before, I hope most of us are in on Scooby because we love the theme, not because we think there's profit to be made.

My apologies if I am coming across wrong, I just despise the feeling of losing money before I even had my HW. The sales model just seems so flawed to me.

I grew up extremely poor and it is just in me to buy stuff as cheap as possible. I applaud the pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't give a shit. I hope to be there some day.

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

with no disrespect .... why are you buying 8-10k toys ? may not be the hobby for you ! ?

Cuz I can.

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I doubt there are very few that don't give a shit because this is an insignificant purchase for them. I do think there are many including me that look at this as an asset, not an investment. As far as assets go, a pin does better than a boat, car, snowmobile, stereo system, etc. in retained value. The fact that I can sell most of the pins I own for more than I paid is great but I don't look for a return on an investment, because it isn't an investment. Take care of it like your car or boat and maximize what you can get out of it for the next purchase is the best you should hope for.
Oh and play the hell out of it because it is way more fun than a car or a boat!

100% agree way more fun then a boat, maybe not a 700 hp vet though.

When I buy a car I would be bummed if I missed it a future price of 2k less and the same goes for a boat.

I am a giving guy, but lose enjoyment if I over pay for something, just weird in my mind I can't take it. Call me mentally weak I guess.

How many people would own pins if over time there value went to ZERO? Like a Zilla in 10 years being worth zero? I would not buy one at all.

#5000 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Then why complain ... consider your fortunate

Sorry if I came across as complaining.

Just looking to save some money and buy low.

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

You probably trade your car in to the dealership and refresh the site to make sure they aren’t selling it for more than they gave you. Haha

Nope I don’t think I’ve ever traded a car in.

#5017 1 year ago

He's a flipper. Sure he has a collection, but he's playing the market. Check his archived sales. And he's most likely not happy with Spookys sales model because it makes flipping less lucrative. That's all I'll say on the subject from here on out.

Let’s see you have sold twice as many pins as me but some how I am a flipper and you are not? Interesting

#5046 1 year ago

Not the way I read it. I think he was hoping for a day 1 sellout. He posted that ad the very same day as release. Why would anyone sell a spot at a 1k loss on day of release? He was looking to profit 1k on someone who didn't buy in time. Either way, his archived listings speak for themselves.

No I messed up that ad and it was suppose to be a joke like hey sell me your 2k spot for 1k day one. No one would do that day one, maybe not three months later, but maybe sooooo.

I was 99% sure it was not going to sell out. Spooky has a very good vib on how many games they will sell. I love the join the fang club to buy idea, what a great way to see how many serious buyers you have on the line day one. So if they had 900 fang club members they know around 900 units will be sold day one. Some people bail and others join day one to buy. Then they can up the total number of units to be built where there is no way they will sell out and miss out on day one sales.

AS far as business wise Spooky needs to be commended for a very solid business model A+

I can't wait for my Scooby Doo!!! No off to flip my Wonka!!!

#5052 1 year ago

So how do you think that apron will play into the game?

#5423 1 year ago

Wow looks awesome!!!

Are the main flippers centered on the playfield?

#5478 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I never thought I would hear people complain there is too much content , especially when you can skip it .
Talk about not being able to please all the people all the time

Some people don’t want Scrappy, I thought a funny Scrappy call out like 1 second drain after ball save would be funny. But the masses want less.

#5511 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I've heard others state this and I think it confuses people. Both the upper and lower playfield are widebody size - the playable area on the lower playfield is similar to a standard size playfield with the remaining space used for wire form returns overhead.
You can see its a widebody playfield clearly in a pic:
[quoted image]

Are the flipper offset to the right of center? Thanks

#5805 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah we moved and walk out big basement was first on the priority list. Haha

LOL I told my excavator I need to have a road going to the sliding glass door in my walk out basement. And we did it.

1 week later
#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I just want to enjoy and not speculate. Find it weird to act like pins are investments. I guess that’s the difference between a player and enjoyer, and someone worried about their money. Yah, I get it, money is very tight…but this is not an investment…this is to enjoy. This is the worst investment you can imagine and shouldn’t do it!

How many of us would be buying pins if over time they deflated to zero? I may have 1 or 2. But no way would I have 12 plus games going to zero over time.

How many pins would you buy over 10k if they 100% were going to be worthless over time?

#6037 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

I'm torn on this but I thought I'd post it here... What's my next pin?
Should I get Scooby CE because it looks really fun with in-depth code out the box and I also grew up watching Scoob as kid in the early 80's?
OR
Should I go with Iron Maiden Pro (re-releasing in April), which I've played on location and enjoy it, also I'm a huge Maiden fan?
...could just flip a coin too and make a decision

I hate IM as a band, ended up buying the pin and love it. Buy the game you can get first. More happy days in your life.

#6042 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I confused. You took that to the ultimate extreme. Who said that the pins would lose 100% and be worthless?

I always see people claiming don’t buy if you’re afraid of losing money. Buy because you like the game. My point is almost every HUO buyer knows what they are buying will retail value. If they didn’t retain value people opps most people would never buy one.

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Of course that all depends on how long you keep it too. How many pins can you think of that were created 10 or more years ago, are HUO and are worth less than their MSRP? I'm struggling to think of one.

100% and this is the only reason the HUO market has flourished.

Some people act or suggest it’s not about how much you can sell a game for after you own it. But it 100% is and only works cuz of the ROI on your pin.

#6049 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

So does that inexorably lead to the conclusion that the only people purchasing NIB are those doing ROI calculations before putting their money down? I seriously doubt it. There are many a collector that have a passion for the hobby and don't perform calculations prior to purchase to assess whether they'll make money on the pin down the line should they wish to sell. That's a fallacy. If you're one of those folks that is a "bean counter" and equates enjoyability with ROI, so be it. But many of us buy pins because we feel a connection to the theme and/or the gameplay is terrific and rather than pumping quarters at a barcade (if you can find one in your area), we'd rather have it in our house to enjoy with our family. Full stop. If we do ultimately choose to sell and take a loss then so be it. Comes with the territory given that pins are not and should not generally be viewed as investments in my opinion.

My question remains if your ROI lead to negative 100% how many games would you buy?

#6070 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Of course ROI matters. For the guy presenting the 100% depreciation argument, he’s simply suggesting ‘would you buy that pin if tomorrow its cash value was $0?’ I suspect the answer for most of us would be ‘no’ most of the time, and that is proof that residual value matters (most of the time).
We probably all have different thresholds. Maybe some of you feel the first 20% depreciation doesn’t matter at all and appreciation is ‘icing on the cake’ — this I could believe. Others want to make money on every purchase/resale or even “flip” pins. Either way: ROI matters to you.
I bought first pin in 2018 as gift for my wife who told me once she preferred pinball over video games (I had virtually 0% experience with pinball at that time). I had no idea at that point that these retained value, so I wasn’t thinking ROI at all. Now we have -30 pins…mostly because: 1) we love everything about the hobby, and 2) since 2018 they’ve held or increased in value. If bullet point 2 wasn’t true…we’d need to rethink and set an annual ‘spend allowance’ so we’re not throwing away $10k’s in pinball depreciation every year.
…and with all that said, we were day 1 purchasers of both HW and SD (sadly missed R&M). We’ve decided that Spooky is a company we’re willing to get behind even if the games depreciate a bit. Love their enthusiasm, love their innovation, love their community interaction (here and at shows), love their service support.

Thanks for being able to use the pen much better than myself and understanding alls I was trying to say. You’re lucky to have a cool wife!

2 weeks later
#6347 1 year ago

So trying to get hyped but nervous about first reviews.

#6350 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

No need to be nervous here. Released with pretty good code which is terrific, great PF layout, all feedback is going into improvements including code updates and PF adjustments already!
I'm an ulraman owner, we just got a very nice code update as promised with more on the way. That was my first Spooky Pin and I felt confident to go in on Scooby and I have no regrets. Everything I see says this pin is a winner.

Thanks I went through the HW/UM release feels tge same hoping for the same results.

1 week later
#6412 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Destroyed it on the second game, now it’s for sale …. I assume the wizard mode isn’t coded yet because I beat all the villains and it just started over
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this up. Can you please tell us how you have the game set up?

#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL… Yeah, you’re some kind of special pinball god to be bragging about “destroying” a game that’s not even fully coded yet… Big man you are…

Are most people getting through the game at this point?

#6435 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

Did the CE sell out yet? Pulp fiction did

Spooky's sales model doesn't really allow for a sell out. Membership required to buy a machine at launch must really help on how many units most likely will be sold. They get the sales part of being able to say limited amount to be made (get your name on a list since some distros no longer have spots for games) but really the number is so high they can't make it to the number so they will sell every game they can (brilliant), Spooky has eliminated flippers (resellers) of their games so that is another thing they can be applauded for since so many people (on pinside) dislike seeing the value of their new games going up instead of down.

Spooky has some very astute people on the business side I look up to them for that!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=johnttwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.