20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

I’m in! Matt Frank and Zornow art and Piggu D for music…gonna be awesome!

#6 1 year ago

According to the video clip…it should have music based on the original…Piggy D will make it next level!

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Another theme where you have to be 40 but mentally going on 14.

When I play Halloween and see Lynda’s boobs…I yell “I see boobs!”…so yah…14 is probably a little mature for me…I’d say 12

#137 1 year ago

Nice what photoshop can do.

An autoplunge and a manual plunge…can at least someone who has a small knowledge of pinball try and fake this.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Not true there was no limit on the last release.

1250 HWN and 500 UM….not sure why you think there was no limit.

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Why is this called a hype thread, when the company has posted they are producing it. Seems like its now fact.

Can’t be an owners/club thread until there are “owners”

#272 1 year ago

How pinside likes to speculate…anything is possible, until the truth comes out. Just give it a little time…but I guess it’s more fun to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks…and say “ see, that was my shit…I was right!”

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am referring to the release of Halloween.
Spooky did not say only 1250 CE’s would be made before the order day release.
They didn’t want anyone who wanted a CE not to miss out, so the amount of CE’s ordered determined how many were made, which lead to the price crash of Halloween.
If I would have known that I would have waited and saved 2k.

That’s totally false information. If you don’t believe me, ask Spooky.

You are correct, there was no predetermined CE number…but Halloween as a whole was always locked At 1250

#581 1 year ago

I’m not gonna get any work done today! Looks AMAZING!!!!

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Think, Use your mind. Don't be a sheep.

I really don’t understand this statement. Just because someone likes something or is interested in something, why does that make them a sheep. Maybe I just took this wrong.

#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

On the other side some will be locked in due to FOMO and non-refundable deposits. Just show the gameplay and let the people see and make a decision for themselves and no one gets hurt. Simple ! Maybe Spooky wants to lock the money. Hmmmm! If the gameplay and code is no good people will turn away.
If they like it bingo buy it.

Wait. I’m not sure…are you for or against nom-refundable deposits. And I’m not sure where you stand on the gameplay video before the sale.

#1176 1 year ago

I’m confused by a refundable deposit. Why have a deposit then. Isn’t a deposit a type of contract saying you’ll buy something. If it’s refundable, then there’s no contract or promise.

#1184 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Plenty of instances where putting down a refundable deposit is normal outside of pinball. It's often just a way to get people to be more serious about committing, even if you know you can change your mind putting money down indicates you're pretty into the car or whatever else. But I honestly I can see why Spooky wouldn't want to deal with that.
Pinball people can get 'shiny thing syndrome'. Saw an ad yesterday for someone trying to sell their Fathom remake, before it had even arrived, because they had also pre-ordered 3 other games and didn't have room for them all.
I don't think taking non-refundable deposits on its own is the issue, it's a fair move with the way people can flake out. That can be a lot of cash to have to be able to give back at any given time that could be spent on building the games people are ordering.

Thanks for this explanation…really puts into perspective the different reasons for refundable vs non-refundable.

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't like that aspect really. I'm too old to be someones beta tester when dropping 10k on something. This is one of the worst things about pinball in my opinion.

I agree with @coindork…I love being early and finding ways to improve and watching the game mature. I guess we all have our comfort zones…and that’s ok. We all can use our money the way we want. I think anyone can agree with that.

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Dear Spooky,
Please give us some live gameplay tomorrow.
Love,
Aaron

From my limited understanding…I don’t think this is a Spooky decision. They answer to the people who hold the Scooby license…so all blaming Spooky…it does no good…they aren’t the bad guys.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

It’s their decision to take money now. If licensor says game isn’t ready to show they can do the right thing and hold off on taking non refundable deposits until it is.

I see why you are unhappy…but no one is making you put down a deposit without the gameplay. Like I said, everyone should do what they want with their money. I’m not pushing anyone either way, but stating your opinion once should be enough…stomping feet and screaming repeatedly doesn’t help…not saying you were doing that, but some on here have been a broken record.

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Well we know that you have no problem working on and fixing games The number of pages for rick and morty fixes to get those early games to play right was overwhelming. But yeah it’s different for everyone depending on your level of skill. But people should agree that spending the amount of money on a new in box pin that we spend should not then be forced to make the game play right or fix a ton of stuff right off the bat. Instead of rushing these games out how about a little, just a little, better quality control would go a long way.
Sending out new decals to a customer that just spent 10 grand on a new in box game that came messed up due to poor QC isn’t a fair resolution to the issue as that person either has to spend time (time is money) fixing it if they can or pay someone to do it. I mean it’s not like they are churning out 1,000 pins a day take the damn time to look it over before boxing it up.
Rant over

I see your point…but pinball is a unique hobby. I’ve had as much, if not more trouble, with my Sterns or B/W. Pinball has never been maintenance free…ever. And it prob never will be. Anyone buying a pin should with be ready to pay for maintenance or know how. I not an expert, but expect myself to find the solution…sometimes with a lot of help.

Wife had a good analogy…people spend 10s of 1000s of dollars on collectible cars…if they don’t know how to maintain them, they have to pay someone to do it.

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I agree - but I’d still be happier with non boneheaded mistakes that could have easily been avoided with a quick QC check - it just screams lack of care to me

I don’t think it lack of care…of any company Spooky has proven they care…it’s just figuring it out. Young company (yes 10 years…but really a young company) and young people. If you think about this…this is the future of pinball. Thinking outside the box. I appreciate the ones with experience and those that have been around forever, but I really like where Spooky is taking us. Just riding the new wave, bumps and all. Pinball future seems bright!

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

750 units vs 1969 units is a substantial difference.

1750 (HW and UM) in 4 hours.

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Lol and 800 of those were for sale before their game actually shipped. I want Scooby Doo to kick ass and get my first Spooky… but I can’t roll the dice on $8k (after shipping) on something I can’t even see flip on a stream.

And that is cool. Do what you’re comfortable with your money. No one should tell you different.

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That is not how it went down. Distros were sitting on both for multiple days (I think ULT was over a week before they all sold). R&M didn't sell out as quick as stated either. People were saying once Spooky ran out on their website it was sold out, which was not true.

Spooky was sold out…distros were not. That was the truth.

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

More like a half truth!
I mean you said 1750 sold in 4 hours. So..you do the math.

Distros had bought 1/2…and the others Spooky sold…what am I missing…I could be wrong…I am routinely

#1262 1 year ago

I love mine. Not all pins are for everyone…and you can’t discredit me for loving mine…just like I can’t discredit you for not liking it.

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I noticed that the “spooky gang” hasn’t been chiming in here lately…hmmm……
Did they get scared ??

Really!?! They were on here within hours…name another company that has been here. Or are you just….

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Let me get this straight, the deposit is not transferable??? Did I hear that right?
What’s the feeling about that and is that legally binding?
I understand that squashes spot sitting for flippers but what about regular Joes that just want to sell their spot for whatever reason?

It’s transferable to another buyer…not to another game. In other words, you can’t apply it to the next pin, but if you need to sell it/transfer it Spooky has always bent over backwards to help if needed.

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Did they say when the first machines are going to be rolling out?

Initial…Mid to end of January…but general I’d expect
Feb/March…they always want to get it right first.

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

1969 games, not sold out yet, but sounds like it sold well so far, maybe 80%?

Yep. If you’re on the fence…you might want to pull the trigger…it’s been less than 12 hours.

#2444 1 year ago

Butter is a personal choice. I regret not getting a butter on our R&M…if you don’t agree, that’s ok, but don’t condemn those that do…otherwise, you’re just a hypocrite.

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

It worked just fine. Thanks!
Now I’ve realized I wasn’t prompted, or at least I didn’t see, an option to add the butter cabinet. Is that a separate item to add to the cart. Gonna have to ask spooky to have that updated.

They will ask you when they are finalizing payment…not down payment. Your good.

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Since this is my first servo game, and it appears they fail all the time, is there a servo type I can get that will be more robust and long lasting than the stock ones?
Looks like this might have 3? The apron locks and scooby in the barrel?

Servos are cheap. Not sure what size they are using in Scooby, but Luke did say they’ve gone over to metal gear servos…which is what I upgrade to. They should be good.

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m still hoping for that Spooky upvote on my sound request.
Coin!Coin!coin![quoted image]

Man this brings me back! Yes, that would be awesome!

#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is my first pin from Spooky so I have no experience with their code or updates. However I have 10 Stern machines, one on the way, and I’ve had many code updates that actually caused bugs to things that worked fine or had new bugs so I don’t get this picking on spooky about bugs with Halloween because it’s a very common thing with code. Obviously they read all of this so they know what kind of PR issues it’s causing them and I assume they’re working on it.

What those who like to complain forget. All companies have their problems. You are 100% correct…Spooky is really the only one on here that takes us complainers complaints seriously. Thank you Spooky

#3429 1 year ago

Pinball is an expensive hobby…and many of us sacrifice to have them, but please, don’t expect them to appreciate. When you buy a pin, enjoy playing it, and expect to sell in for less.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This is same selling model that got people into the HW and UM mess, are you concerned for people who may fall into that same situation?

Why are you worried about what other people do with their money? Or, do you think Spooky is somehow being devious and tricking people into doing something that they shouldn’t…IMO Spooky has always been above and beyond honest and always for the good of the customer.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Halloween has its faults but I love it. Two times I needed support and replacement parts (minor stuff) they were sent out literally next day. Can't agree more their support has been really solid for me. Plus....their themes are my jam on these last two releases. I just paid for a DP premium the week before Scooby was announced and was like ugh...(opens wallet anyway). It’s just so damn pretty. Plus I like different and they do different. Nice mix in my B/W and Stern games.

Yes, why I love Spooky! You explained the good of Spooky perfectly and why I have so many of their pins!

#3529 1 year ago

Pinside…what a bunch of nastiness. robin sorry. I wish it was the old way.

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Exactly, those couple of guys and others here are why I and many other don’t visit these Pinside forums much.

Understand completely…and this is one reason why I have so much respect for Spooky. They actively engage and listen to our desires, and deal with the nasties. Class act for sure…even if their pins aren’t your cup of tea…a true class act.

#3670 1 year ago

Licensors don’t care..with an individual…until they start to make a difference in their money. Most likely, nothing will happen to the individual, but if the licensor gets irritated, that individual may suffer greatly…up to the individual to take the risk. Always good, until it isn’t.

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why doesn’t everyone just wait and see what’s there first? That’d be the clever thing to do, I’m sure ….
rd

Wait and see!?! I much rather speculate and get into minor arguments over specifics that no one knows.

I all seriousness, since Spooky reads these threads. I think most throw out wants and hope Spooky actually implements it…which they have been known to do. Scooby is going to be an awesome pin….can’t wait!

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Once pinstar numbers are released some one should be able to figure out how many were ordered unless they are playing games with the numbering system.

Remember, not all pinball buyers and players are on pinside.

2 weeks later
#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I never owned or really played a Spooky pinball before, although some of their titles interested me (Alice Cooper and America's Most Haunted). I rarely saw any of them in the wild and I also heard the naysayers say it looks and feels like something built in someone's garage or the parts break easily.
With this in mind, I wanted to get Scooby Doo mainly because of the childhood memories watching that show and my love for anything horror and comedy combined. I love the looks of the pin and the toys on the playfield and the shots look really awesome to play, so I sent a down deposit to my distributor and was lucky enough to get the LE version with the topper on order.
Last night I went to a buddy's house (Thanks Dave) for some pizza and pinball. I knew he had a Rick and Morty and although I never watched the show, I wanted to play the pin just to see for myself the build quality and how it looks and shoots and see what the naysayers were complaining about.
Well, let me just lay it out there, I had a BLAST with a pin (you can tell I had fun with it because I capitalized the word BLAST to emphasize it). The build quality, sounds, looks, toys, and mechanics were all top notch and some of the shots I can honestly say I've never felt before in any of the pins I've owned. He modded his pin out with some glow in the dark plastics and the sound was booming. The way some of the shots looped around and suddenly appear somewhere else on the playfield was awesome and the clarity of the screen was very clear. In fact, my buddy has his Rick and Morty set up next to Stern's Godzilla and I thought the screen was more sharper than Stern's version. (Godzilla was awesome BTW, but luckily my twin brother has that one already on order for his mancave). I caught myself hitting the start button as soon as I finished the game because I really wanted to explore the pin some more and that's saying something since I didn't know anything about the theme.
After playing R and M, I left the party totally satisfied and super excited for Scooby Now. My brother was also super happy for ordering Godzilla, but that's a story for another thread. You won me over Spooky and I can't wait to put Scooby in my gameroom.

What a great perspective from a new Spooky player. And I see you are by far not a new pinball player. Your collection is quite impressive. I hope Spooky reads this. It takes a special company/person to come into these threads regularly and not only take ideas and comments seriously (which they always do), but also to be able to deal with the vitriol nastiness that festers on pinside. Spooky is not for everyone, and that’s fine. They only make a limited number of pins on purpose…to give the pinball player the best experience they can.
I can’t wait for my Scooby Doo!!!

#4383 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

22 Coils
3 Magnets (Technically they are coils, so 25)
3 Servos

If I'm ever forced to put Scrappy Doo in the game he's going to be buried really-really deep into the code. Either that or I suppose have him be a user setting with the default toggled to "off". Not going to be a high priority on my end.

This is gonna be a beast of a pin! My hydraulic lift cart is rated at 500 lbs…do you think this will be around standard widebody weight…350 lbs or so?

#4418 1 year ago

Pics are on FB! Tons of beautiful Scooby cabs and a couple under playfield pics!

1 week later
#4690 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is something I actually do want to touch on value wise. Something I think Many people forget is our CE includes many features you won't find on a Stern premium.
We include:
Illusion powder coated bill door
Custom Matt Frank interior graphics
Scooby Custom autolaunch button
Matt Frank art RGB LED Topper
Lighted Speaker grill kit
Laser cut speaker grills
Laser cut Custom side armour
RGB LED flipper buttons
Upgraded Illusion powder coat on the full game.
5 Illusion coated habitrails
Spooky Green plastic protectors
All LEDs in game are full color RGB
Physical knocker and shaker
And we do all this at the same price point! There is alot of value and ALOT of money in that list.

You forgot something…this is a widebody…that’s a big boost as well. Can’t wait for Scooby!

#4710 1 year ago

Only one that I don’t have butter on is R&M…and I totally regret not going butter. If in a tight line-up or routed, I can see not doing it, but they look and feel…yes feel…incredible!

#4713 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

What is the butter cab art made of? Is it like the rad cals? The art and side of my GNRCE I believe is rad cals but seems like regular art and some clear plexiglass over it. Not even sure what rad cals are . Please help explain and thank u in advance for clearing it up

Direct print art and then clear coated (like a car). To me, colors are more vivid/saturated, and it feels like butter.

Not a sticker/decal.

#4829 1 year ago

There is no other pinball company like Spooky. Not only do they come on the boards and listen to us…they also respond to our wants in virtual real-time. Spent the day catching up on 1969 Scooby cartoons…felt like a little kid again!

#4936 1 year ago

Why do some pinsiders go into a thread and blast whatever it is apart…and indicate they have no plans or desires to buy from that company. I know this is an opinion site, but it’s not constructive or helpful. I don’t like some things from some companies, or their products, but I have no desire to be that jerk to go to that thread and stir the pot. I wonder what they are like to their boss, wife, children/family. Getting joy from that just seems sad.

#5011 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

"grew up poor" doesn't imply that he is still poor. He likely mentioned it to give some explanation to his thrifty purchasing habits.

I’d say, it’s time to exit…we aren’t dumb, and this is obviously a money making person tryin to manipulate the field. Really, no other explanation. Stop arguing and please move on, any argument is just pathetic.

#5208 1 year ago

I can’t explain how excited my wife and I are for Scooby! The video nailed the questions that we had. Spooky is really throwing everything they have and this and it’s paying off!

We love that Spooky is on these threads…really shows how much they really care about pinball…and want us to enjoy what they make.

#5215 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

There is that "one guy" again

Sometimes, it’s ok not to be liked…as they aren’t worth it…something I’ve learned over time. It’s a weird thing to learn and accept. So, here’s to looking at those that are excited and respect you/Spooky.

#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

If you like that code, good on you.

I do. But it’s ok if you don’t…but why are you here?

#5226 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

why shouldn't I be? because I don't agree with you I shouldn't be? it is okay to have a none majority opinion I think.

Ok. We get it.

#5363 1 year ago

If there was any doubt…Spooky wants us…the complaining pinsider…to have the best pin, with the most toys, animations, art, light show, code, voice overs, widebody, topper, even custom pingulp…possible. I’m sure I missed something with how much they have put in this…there’s one group that will be happy…the player….so cool. Thank you Spooky. Really, I’m blown away!

#5451 1 year ago

Ummm, the numbers game. Imagine all distros and Spooky coridinating on the same second…it’s just not possible. Let’s be a little understanding.

1 week later
#5852 1 year ago

This is called “The Spooky Effect”. A team so excited for what they do that they will do anything possible to make their customers happy and deliver a top notch product. You guys are killing it!!!

#6012 1 year ago

I just want to enjoy and not speculate. Find it weird to act like pins are investments. I guess that’s the difference between a player and enjoyer, and someone worried about their money. Yah, I get it, money is very tight…but this is not an investment…this is to enjoy. This is the worst investment you can imagine and shouldn’t do it!

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How many of us would be buying pins if over time they deflated to zero? I may have 1 or 2. But no way would I have 12 plus games going to zero over time.
How many pins would you buy over 10k if they 100% were going to be worthless over time?

I confused. You took that to the ultimate extreme. Who said that the pins would lose 100% and be worthless?

#6044 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I always see people claiming don’t buy if you’re afraid of losing money. Buy because you like the game. My point is almost every HUO buyer knows what they are buying will retail value. If they didn’t retain value people opps most people would never buy one.

I’ve seen a bunch of people on here assume they can sell the pin for what they paid or more. This is not a good assumption. You will lose money 95% of the time. If you enjoy pins, enjoy and then sell…but don’t expect to not lose some money…I’ve never seen anyone claim the pin will go to zero…except you. And if your pins go to zero…please contact me

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My question remains if your ROI lead to negative 100% how many games would you buy?

This isn’t a coherent question. This would never happen.

#6054 1 year ago

At this point, I feel like I’m arguing with the guy at the bar who’s been over served. I think it’s time for me to go to the bathroom and sit somewhere else.

#6063 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they go to 60%, contact me first.

75%

1 week later
#6322 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Never for the life of me have I been able to figure out why people put some of the heaviest , most awkward, wood boxes, full of electronics in the most inaccessible, moist places in their house.

Lots of reasons…space is number 1. I get your point, but many people live in high humidity areas, and even if the room is climate controlled, it still could be high humidity. On the flip side, where I live can also be dry as a desert…wood doesn’t like that either. As far as inaccessible goes….space.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.