20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 1 year ago

The wife says she wants this one.
This will be our 7th Spooky pin.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah, Eric Priepke absolutely nailed the code on Rick and Morty. Easily one of the best games ever as far as theme integration goes. Top 10 in rules for sure. And there is just something special about Rick and Morty that makes me keep hitting the start button. I am super excited that Eric Priepke is doing another game.

Agreed. I think Eric is a great fit for this.
If solving all the differed mysteries is even remotely similar to what he did with all the different adventures you could go on in Rick and Morty this game will be friggin amazing.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Just to clarify, I don’t think Eric is coding Scooby Doo and I do not want to start any false rumors. I am just happy that he is doing another game. But I do agree that if he were doing Scooby Doo he would do the theme justice and make it great. He has a unique talent and has a very good understanding of what makes pinball fun and engaging. This is something that should not go unnoticed by pinball companies or players.

Gotcha.
Either way, I hope they do a similar approach where new mysteries get added as the code progresses. I really liked that with Rick and Morty and it really kept the game fresh and exciting.

#539 1 year ago

My spots is secured and I’m stoked.
Quite frankly, I don’t care what the peanut gallery has to say. I think this game is going to be awesome and I’m ready to solve some mysteries.

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Has anyone bought from PinballSTAR or can someone from Spooky confirm they’re an authorized distributor? Just trying to avoid scams. Also would be great if Spooky could partner with a distro in Arizona for future releases. I normally buy through Gameroom Goodies.

I’ve bought 3 machines off PinballSTAR in the past and I’ll be buying a 4th with Scooby-Doo.
Joe is legit AF…

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

It actually is better to get a later run number which has been proven game after game. All the major issues are hopefully solved by then.

Yes and no.
Certainly there’s a lot that is learned as the machines get out there in the world.
The owners threads wind up being a wealth of knowledge for fixing and adjusting things.
But yes, bugs and fixes certainly get worked out on later run games.

Personally I prefer to get a game earlier and play the various stages of code as it progresses.
My Rick and Morty is #37, so I was fairly early.
I really enjoyed playing the early code and watching to game progress over time into what it is now.
I also don’t mind getting an early game that I might have to adjust or fix a few things.
I think that’s just part of pinball.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

For all the random people who like to repeat the line that Halloween buyers somehow are unhappy I have to say "step away from the group-think mentality."
Yes, a lot of flippers were very unhappy and "some" buyers had some legitimate issues with their pins, however..........Time will prove that the Vast majority of Halloween owners are Very Happy with the game so far and I have a really good feeling that this next update will take the game over the top.
Happy owners may not dominate the commentary on this game but we exist and Love our Game!

I agree with you 100%.
I’m totally happy with mine and my wife friggin loves it. It’s a very unconventional game that I rather enjoy playing. Alice Cooper got a lot of the same sort of feedback for the longest time. Personally I think that’s one of the best pins I’ve owned.

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I have never flipped an AC but really need to. Halloween just has the perfect atmosphere for a horror game and that's not an easy task!

I’ll say one more thing about Alice Cooper.
In general the shots are harder then a conventional Stern. Tighter shots etc.
Some people get turned off by this.
There were some at first that were calling Alice Cooper a brick fest when it came out.
I think Alice Cooper is more akin to playing Snooker where as a Stern is more like playing an 8 ball game of pool on a bar table.
It really taught me better ball controll and to aim my shots more precise. In short, it made me a better player more so than any other machine.
I love it now and find it really gratifying when I have a good game.

Totally agree on Halloween with the perfect horror atmosphere. I met my wife in a Goth club and she’s all into horror movies and such and loves Spooky games. Aside from BSD there really are not a lot of pins that cater to a darker theme like that. I think you would really like Alice Cooper for that reason as it nails that vibe as well. Rob Zombie has that vibe as well and if you learn the rule set and how to play it is actually a pretty decent game in my opinion. It’s not “packed”, but it not deserving of all the shit people like to give it. I know a lot of people like to crap on RZ, but it has developed a following among some of us. Production was so limited that at this point they are making their way into the hands of people who like them, so the hate is kind of a mute point I suppose.

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

How does calling people who didn’t like HWN/UM flippers make any real case for Spooky? Flippers do well with games people want. Once people got their hands on these games the general feeling was that they were not good, that’s why the are selling for what they are. It’s like “you are only mad because you thought people would want the game, but they don’t…because it’s great?”

I don’t think all of the people that did not like HWN/UM were flipper. Those games are for sure not for everyone, I’ll admit that.
The thing is, that there were a certain number of people that bought those machine with no other intention other than flipping them for more money. I’m sure it seemed like a good idea at the time considering Rick and Morty was selling at a premium. When that did not work out well and they couldn’t sell them a few of them got all pissed and started trash talking on pretty much every for sale thread etc.

Personally I think it’s funny as hell.
If buying a NIB pinball machine thinking your going to flip it for a profit is your great money making scheme I think you have bigger issues.

#1228 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Halloween is broken.
You can hit that center ramp 5 times a row…and then get rejections 5 times a row…that’s why there’s an opto half way up it so at least it makes a sound on all the fails. And when you do make it, it just rattles through the diverter
Left ramp is better but still rattles through mostly
Sanitarium ends up largely ignored, watch how much gameplay out there where people let it drain through without a flip
Judith is satisfying but with poor geometry to reliably hit it.
Orbit is pretty clean
House playfield is decently fun and challenging, but it requires you to do business with that broken center ramp
After a few hundred plays Halloween is pretty much reduced to only going for hedge multiball which has 3 satisfying locks and an awesome MB experience with the theme song going.
The rest of it should’ve been redesigned

Sounds like you played on a machine that’s at either too steep of a pitch or the flipper strength needs to be adjusted.

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1500 riding high on R&M trust and credibility.
1969 weighed down Halloween/Ultraman ongoing bad juju.
Not the same circumstance. But hey, if they sell out, great. I'll just be a used buyer down the road if the pin proves itself.

Interesting choices in wording.
I’m not sure what “trust and credibility” and “bad juju” even means, but that’s cool.
Not every pinball machines is going to be as big of hit as the last and on the opposite side of the spectrum some will completely dwarf the last game. It’s no different then what Stern is doing. Personally I think the new Stern Bond is a crappy game that sucks major ass, but that won’t stop me from buying a new Stern in the future.

#1695 1 year ago

I love the fact that the spooky family are dog people.
Lola is very excited we are getting Scooby-Doo.

5CC0457D-E150-4498-B2F6-AE2B1B87B5D9 (resized).jpeg5CC0457D-E150-4498-B2F6-AE2B1B87B5D9 (resized).jpeg
#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don Knotts was one of my favorite guest ones.

I learned who Don Knotts was from watching the cartoon as a kid. I really didn’t know who many of the guests were until watching the cartoon. As a young kid it made all of the guests seem like these larger than life figures.

#1770 1 year ago
80050BE8-2699-4E7D-AE4C-99096737CA08 (resized).jpeg80050BE8-2699-4E7D-AE4C-99096737CA08 (resized).jpeg
#3057 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m kind of hoping I’m #69 CE
I think I’ll be close if they have some family and friends in before their direct preorders

I have Primus # 69

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I remember like 10 years ago we use to buy pinballs because we liked playing them.

That’s just crazy talk. Who in here actually plays their machines?

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i do , after dinner i play one machine for an hour everyday, sometimes 2 hours. never the same one back to back. in that hour i am able to completely shut my thinking process off and just play.

I was just joking.
I play my machines as well (but don’t tell anyone).

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's because 10+ years ago they costs hundreds of dollars - if you were paying thousands it was considered rare. The prices now make you have to actually pick and choose and consider longevity and if it will drop in price considerably by the time you are done with it. Or if you want the hassle of getting a game you might not like and then having to deal with selling it. It's not pokemon cards.

The crazy part of that is that even when games were “cheap”, you still had to pick and choose what you were going to spend money on.

#3458 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

True, but you got to play them first (most of the time). Space has always been a limiting factor moreso than money. Actually, and the other limiting factor was i if they worked or not and if parts were available. Now...I'd say money is a higher limiting factor for many more than any other reason in general.

Being out of space is probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It really forced me to pick and choose what I wanted to keep and what I was willing to sell. I’ve gone though these phases where I kind of curate the collection in a sense.
Did the same thing with my arcade game collection where I wound up keeping the machines I played the most and all of the 1970s black and white games (which is my main collection). Life’s a lot simpler when you’re out of space and have to decide if you like a machine enough to get rid of one of your keepers.

#3470 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Yes as EJS has made famous that’s the hymen of a pinball machine

Remind me never to touch the inside of one of your pinball machines.

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I love the idea of modes playing out like episodes, working your way through the mystery until you unmask the villain. That's the kind of code I enjoy, I don't care as much about scoring points as I do completing missions. Based on what the guys have said it seems like this might be their approach. I hope it is because that sounds like it could be really fun with all the audio/video from the show.

^^^^ 100% this ^^^^

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Monday morning nitro wait-shrinker:

I guarantee that after you listen to this 90 second video, your game will be closer to arriving than it is now.
HYPE

I always liked the Matthew Sweets version of this song.
Think he's a really underrated artist that was just putting out honest rock in 1990s and probably would have been much bigger if everybody wasn't so enthralled with grunge. His albums Girlfriend and 100% fun are amazing IMO.

#3665 1 year ago

I do whatever I want with my pinball machines in the privacy of my own home.
Mainly because the local bars and arcades will ask me to leave if I’m playing pinball just wearing my underwear.

#3666 1 year ago

Oh wait, what we’re we talking about?

#3679 1 year ago

I for one would never glue a Barbie doll head to one of my machines. I feel like that would ruin the value of my doll collection.

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Modding dolls is how I got my start.
[quoted image]

Yep, I fixed a few of my G.I. Joes like that back in the 80s when I was a kid.

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There is a whole series of Scooby-Doo ornaments. I picked up the ones from 2018 and 2012.
I might wind up only using the 2018 ornament like The-Hum.
[quoted image]

Is the water from the wave translucent?
Might be cool to put and LED behind it, or drill it out and put an LED in the water part.

#3915 1 year ago

IMO the numbers sold up to this point are only slightly relevant. We know for certain the a large number we’re sold and some are still available.
If they put our a really good game then all those pins that are still available will be bought up. If it sucks, then they won’t and games will be cheaper on the secondary market. I’m betting on the first that once these get out there in the world and start getting played the remainder then sell out.
I guess we will wait and see, but I’m not worried about it and happy I secured mine.

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:#312, PinballStar, deposit paid first 5 minutes opening day.

I'm right after you at 313, so we will both be on the line at the same time.

#4089 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Are you betting horrible code right out the gate or when more complete like Rick and Mortys?
I’d take the bet if it’s a couple years after the first pin delivery. My ultraman is bad but acnc, Rick and morty, Tna shoot even americas most haunted I really enjoyed the code. Owned all of those and currently only have R&M and ultraman (which I just got reasonable).
Never owned or played rob zombie but all my others spookys played well, had awesome code and minimal issues (exclude ultraman, the code is disappointing to say the least)

Don’t feed the troll.
He’s still bitter that he lost money speculating on their last game because he bought it to flip it. Since then he systematically shits on every Spooky thread he can until he gets moderated and banned from the threads.

#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I updated the Scooby game tracker with the latest Pinball Star numbers. Feel free to add yours if it isn’t already captured:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing

Oh snap.
I just looked and noticed Electric Bat is getting number 10. Good news for us Arizona peeps.

#4113 1 year ago

There you are.
Only a matter of time when someone calls you out on your trolling bullshit and you start with the name calling.
Nope, I don’t know you one bit (thank god for that). Your online persona tells me I never want to get to know you either.

Congratulations on owning over 120 pins. You must be very proud of that because you’ve brought it up before like it’s some kind of credible thing to make people believe you know your shit. Do you want a free cookie or something?

It’s almost like you have a bunch of stock posts canned and ready to go that you can just cut and paste to trash any and all Spooky threads.
You sir are a miserable person.
I do not envy you one bit.

2 weeks later
#4863 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Something super satisfying about this type of organized packing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SpookyLuke So, I see the Scooby in a barrel figurine is two pieces.
Any chance that's a mech, where Scooby gets scared and hides in the barrel?

#4878 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

We had to put our dog down last week, very unexpected and tragic. Best friend of 13 years. She loved watching us play pinball, would beg to come in our arms so she could track the ball(s). Give an extra big hug and tell them how good they are!

Went through that with my male over the summer.
He was the one that would always stay up at night with me working on stuff when everybody else went to bed. Sucks man, I still think about him all the time. Rough time for sure. Hang in there man.

#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Put down 1 mastiff and 1 Great Dane during Covid, our 12 year old Dane is close now too.
Sucks losing these big goofballs we love them so much

Feel ya brother.
Been spending a ton of time with my older girl.
Taking her on a lot of truck rides and spoiling the hell out of her with treats. Goofball is right. I posted this in the dog thread the other day, but this is how she sleeps sometimes. Cracks me up.
CED07DBE-69DE-45A9-933F-ED70B9AC3385 (resized).jpegCED07DBE-69DE-45A9-933F-ED70B9AC3385 (resized).jpeg

#4905 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Absolutely is. So right now the way it's coded is really fun. You fill the bravery meter up and scooby pops up then as bravery ticks down scooby slowly sinks back down into the barrel. During modes the bravery meter acts as a timer and you can grab scooby snacks during the mode to give yourself more time. Also more scooby snacks equals more end of ball bonus.

Sounds amazing.
Can’t wait.

#5072 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This can only mean game play is imminent.
[quoted image]

So, do you have two cell phones?

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Just to spite the whiners
[quoted image]

You should start a Scrappy Doo mod thread.

#5349 1 year ago
Quoted from jameshalko:

Wow! I was not expecting my Scooby to arrive so soon!
[quoted image]

I’d play it.

#5606 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Has anyone bought Spooky t shirts? Is the quality decent? I want to buy one but hate getting shirts that shrink or aren’t soft.

Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I have a t-shirt and hoodie, both are great quality.

Wife and I both have hoodies and a few shirts as well. All good quality, comfortable and good print quality. They make good gear.

1 week later
#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah the ACNC stock we had went super fast. I'm going to get some more made asap.

You don’t happen to have an ACNC topper for sale by chance?

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sadly no. I can ask but it's not likely. Wish I could help ya out I appreciate your support over the years.

Quoted from insight75:

I would love to have one too. Lots of folks would buy if there was another run of them.

Thought it was worth a try.
If you ever make more I’m totally down for one.

#6091 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If anyone wants to buy me this I will wear it for my Scooby Doo video
[quoted image]

Get some hot chicks to dress up as Daphne and Velma and I’ll chip in on the costumes.

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Didn’t get one at 69. Maybe they’re not ramping to 30 per week right away.

You got number 69?
Wanna trade for a number in the early 300s+ cash?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.