20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Really didn’t see this one coming. Let’s go!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/scooby-doo-pinball-deep-dive/

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from sydneylumer:

When a company like spooky releases a teaser like this, are we looking at 6 months, 12, 18….. until a person can actually own one?

Depends on production schedule and backlog. I don’t know if the HW and UM runs are complete, but I do believe they’re roughly halfway through TNA 2.0. So there’s that at a minimum. But fingers crossed this is ready soon-ish (and we get to see gameplay asap).

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Currently, there are no plans to include scrappy in the game, as he wasn't in the original series.

Whomp whomp.gifWhomp whomp.gif

#301 1 year ago

With some more thought into the theme, and because it's a hype thread, here's some things I'd love to see...

1) The spinner sound like HAS to be the xylophone sound of Shaggy and Scooby running in place before they dart off.

2) Would probably be the best Spooky theme to date to utilize a lower playfield.

3) A cool ball lock mech could be a hallway with a bunch of doors and they all open to expose a ball at the start of MB.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't think we are going to let you down! This game is the most stunning game we have put together. It really is beautiful

It's awesome to hear, because it's arguably the hands-down BEST theme you've locked down (R&M was an A+ theme as well, but Scooby Doo has timelessness on its' side, so it's A++).

Just talking to a few people early on since announcement, some of us hope there's still a "standard-ish" version which captures all the magic without paying extra bling at what becomes the "base" level. If it ends up being sort of a "Prem/LE" or "LE/CE" sort of thing, fine. Been there, done that. It may price some out which is a severe bummer. This theme feels like it could keep the lines running for a substantial duration if there was a more affordable version and it had the rules/code to back it up. But hopefully at least the top tier keeps all the bling, while a "lesser" version gives us all the gameplay with a decent savings for those don't want the bling. Just some honest feedback I've received from prospective buyers before launch.

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Love the fingerprint arrow inserts! Scooby Doo title typography for the text looks great, the silhouettes are classy (Fred's scarf being inverted is smart), and I know white inserts make sense these days with RGB lighting, but just the look of high contrast black and white always makes me happy on a pin for some reason.
That's a strong tease.

Plus the easter eggs on the gravestones.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

$6995 Standard
$7995 BSE (Blood Sucker Edition)
$8995 Collector's
$1000 Butter Cabinet upgrade on any model.

I was just trying to dig that up when you posted. I completely forgot there was a Standard HW. Going back to the HW Hype thread, I saw the 3 pics in the gallery for what the BSE and the Collector added... and honestly, the Standard is probably fine. If Scooby-Doo followed the same structuring and had a Standard model at around say $7500, it could launch sales into the stratosphere (pending good layout and code of course).

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Luke, can you say anything about original score, sound effects, chase songs from Season 2, and the laugh track?

My play usually warrants a laugh track

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm excited to see it, but not enough to go to Facebook! Just something my life is better off without completely.
I imagine it will be archived elsewhere later for the Meta-averse. Spooky, think about starting a Twitch channel! Jack got pinball a category and everything, I will spam funny animated emotes in your chat.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yeah… I want no part of Facebook. This stinks that it excludes non Facebook people. Booo

Yup. Never been on FB, never will. Hopefully there will be a Twitch or YT video sometime soon for those who don’t wanna be on the Karen network.

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

As always no gameplay features removed!

What about sculpts/toys?

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Waiting for pics of the trim levels before ordering.

Pics and full feature matrix would be clutch right about now.

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern sucks. They ghosted me for two years on a playfield replacement they approved. I have all the emails. Going to make a huge post on pinside today exposing them. My distributor didn’t help much either.

Same. A few weeks ago I also saw the screenshot of my RMA fully approved. Over 2 years now since I reported my issues. Trying my hardest not to make the same post you're considering. I'm going to follow up one last time once I confirm my game is no longer in production (meaning replacement PFs are probably dried up and not being rerun).

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Speaking of mechs... is there a cool mech in this game?

Apron lock, which according to what we're hearing today is on all 3 models. Also 3 magnets. Also the hybrid flipper/diverter is awesome.

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Someone needs to take the knocker, move it to the top of the machine and hook it up to a small catapult that launches a scooby snack when the player gets a free game.

Kickass mod. Hook up the knocker coil behind the DBA slot, install a 1-way gate and a hopper filled with treats. You play well, your dog gets a treat too.

#829 1 year ago

Which edition is going to be streamed tomorrow?

For some of us basement gameroom folks, toppers are a no-go due to height. Also, I tend to be a "Pro-level" buyer so for 2 reasons I'm out on the CE. I'd like to see the SE and BSE to see and see the concessions that the BSE makes from the CE and those the SE makes from the BSE.

There seems to be an assload of game at the SE price. I think a lot of us want to ensure it's probably the right call over the BSE.

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The bare bones model is so stripped down, I wouldn't. Seeing those stripped down Halloweens, ugh. No decals on the targets, tons of bare areas with missing details. All those cool sculpts are pretty much CE exclusives so I think folks really are gonna want to stick with that model

This is why I'm dying to see the SE. Looking at the feature matrix (ignoring bling which is nice, but not necessary) things missing on the PF seem to include...

- The mine cart sculpt (there are some similar-enough ones on eBay)
- Black Knight sculpt (again eBay, just need to saw one in half... which someone will do here and charge $200 for the 5min of labor)
- Mine Entrance and Airfield signs (someone will 3D print those and charge up the butt for those)
- Charlie the Robot Sculpt (hard to find online)
- Target decals (there's only a handful and someone will make aftermarket ones).

So with some eBay shopping and the mod community, what you see under the glass looks like it may ONLY differ in 1 sculpt and the wireform colors, and that's making the SE look very attractive if that's the major difference after a few light mods.

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Cabinet art is completely different.
At the end of the day if the 27 differences between CE and standard isn't enough of a difference for the 2k difference in price then a Standard is for you..But a standard will never be more valuable. [quoted image]

I never argued a SE would be more valuable. I haven't even discussed which model would be more rare. That was other people. And yes, I play my games, not look at them while they're off, so $2K for bling of any kind isn't my cup of tea. If the SE has full gameplay under the glass, and I can even maybe buy 1-2 mods for things I wish were there, that's much more appealing to me.

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

More than bling, it's protection and shaker and knocker.

None of which change what hits the ball or where the ball goes.

#1092 1 year ago

Didn’t the second video have gameplay?

There's a difference between a few 3 second clips spliced into a trailer video and seeing multiple games streamed on it. If I can't play it before I'm asked to put down money, I want to either view it fully functioning, or maybe even watch a review video from someone impartial who has experienced it for a sizeable duration.

Had to watch a review video before putting a small deposit on a mountain bike 2 weeks ago, and once built I got to put my hands on it at least prior to buying. People test drive cars (cargument!) and there's countless review websites for whatever model you're buying. I have a (refundable) deposit on the electric Silverado and I'll fully know that thing inside and out before they see another cent of mine.

And though the full gameplay videos and Deadflip streams from Stern can take some time, they usually follow the announcement with a few videos - usually two of which showing the Pro and Prem separately and what each includes. That way you're not trying to imagine how the feature matrix translates to playfield.

I was under the impression that we were getting gameplay tomorrow. Still super psyched about this game, but I'm going to need to see real, full video gameplay via a lengthy stream before I commit to what will probably be an SE.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

There must be, if I understand correctly this is also a 5 player game. Any game in the past have more than four players? I have no idea.

Wasn't Baywatch 6?

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Spotted some high rez pics on FB
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Twice now I've seen the mine cart trailing Scooby both on the orange wireform and the pink one. Nothing major, but did they take marketing pics of two different pins?

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Spooky isn’t new to the Pinball world. This isn’t their first game. They should have PLENTY of money built up in their war chest to run their company on their own. WE don’t need to be their investors anymore.

One thing that's unique to the selling model of limiting games to 1969 but allowing the customers to choose model, is that they have to wait a substantial amount of time before they pull the trigger on unique parts orders.

Sure, with the gameplay being the same across 3 models, get some bare cabinets, PF's, castle walls, and major mechs on order. But what about cabinet decals? If you sell 1969 CE's, you need exactly 0 Mystery Machine decals. Vice versa if everyone goes SE/BSE only.

Now take that and factor in that many sculpts, habitrail coating, side armor, speaker panels, "SD" start buttons, target decals, and even the toppers are totally dependent on the amount of each specific model are ordered. That is a major strain on procurement, and can also impact the bulk savings on certain items. Must be a logistical nightmare for their buyers, and also puts a lot of buying on hold until there's some sort of idea how much of each unique item is ultimately required.

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

1500 (HW and UM) in 4 hours.

Lol and 800 of those were for sale before their game actually shipped. I want Scooby Doo to kick ass and get my first Spooky… but I can’t roll the dice on $8k (after shipping) on something I can’t even see flip on a stream.

#1308 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

As for the Scooby-Doo trailer. Looks great actually. Sure I'm in my 40's and grew up loving Scooby-Doo but as an adult with no kids I'm probably out unless there is a cool adult mode to set the game to.
Any chance of that Spooky??

Or you could just have some fun reminiscing about childhood while playing some pinball and solving some mysteries... and then when that's over go over to the couch and pull up the Hub on your phone Not every game needs EHOH boobage to be a good title.

#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Without reading back through tens of pages, are they streaming SD today?

No

#1316 1 year ago

Adding the TWIP Deep Dive to the first post - https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/scooby-doo-pinball-deep-dive/

#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

So the fan layout has 7 lane shots from bottom flipper and it’s a wide body. My AIQ, GZ, and RnM all have that many and they’re not wide body. That should mean the lanes are wider and easier to hit. So I don’t think there should be any worry of clunkiness with the width and fan layout. This should be their smoothest shooting game theoretically.

Obviously a widebody going "coast to coast" with 7 main shots would yield wider shots than a standard body. What we don't know is what's up with the shooter lane not being all the way to the right (there's some black bar thing between the shooter lane and the cabinet wall), and if that ends up robbing that extra lane width one would expect with a 7-shot widebody layout.

#1375 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys! Here is something we can share without any extra marketing approval hoops to jump through! I think this will give a really good sense of the speed and flow of the game.

That is nice to see. Some nice flowy horseshoe shots and you have to be quick on the draw to use the bookcase diverter.

I personally still need to see the SE. Just from this one example below (habitrail colors) it seems as if there's conflicting info out there. From the TWIP article, it seems as if all editions are getting the character colored returns. It's listed for "all editions" and isn't called out as an exclusive on the CE features. But then the (official???) feature matrix and the CE sheet makes it seem like it's only on the CE.

It makes me wonder if the SE is missing anything else that isn't clearly defined (Example: Does Scooby pop out of the barrel on the SE?). Without a fully defined list or some pics, the SE package is unclear at the moment.

SD1 (resized).jpgSD1 (resized).jpg
SD2 (resized).jpgSD2 (resized).jpg
SD3 (resized).jpgSD3 (resized).jpg
SD4 (resized).jpgSD4 (resized).jpg
SD5 (resized).jpgSD5 (resized).jpg

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I love the look, and love Spooky.
My only issue is with the visible coil stop under the arch in the middle. Right under the upper playfield flipper. It needs some sort of decal or plastic to hide it. Maybe a bat hanging down from the archway.
Magicchiz

It already does. Since those videos, they added a drawbridge plastic over the ramp entrance.

#1463 1 year ago

Have you seen what the playfield on the standard Halloween looks like compared to the CE? It's pretty huge difference visually. Gameplay is identical but it really loses alot of oomph

As a matter of fact, no I haven't. Halloween isn't listed on IPDB, nor does the Pinside page for the Standard have any pics, Spooky's website only has cab pics zoomed out, and in the owners club quickly going through the gallery looks like a ton of BSE/CE's. I don't know if I've seen a Standard or where one would go to see pics of the Standard's PF.

#1502 1 year ago

If you slow down the gameplay video at the start of the Mystery Machine MB, the balls are almost appearing out of nowhere behind the van, coming across a little green ramp, and dropping into the right orbit/horseshoe. Where are the balls actually locked and how do the balls avoid the horseshoe (jump ramp, small VUK inside the van, gobble hole)?

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Let me get this straight, the deposit is not transferable??? Did I hear that right?

I was under the impression that the deposit isn't transferable to other games. Other people who want to take responsibility for the remainder of payment and accept shipping, I thought was ok. Am I wrong?

#1855 1 year ago

Question - for those who are not Fang Club members, can we buy direct from Spooky, and if so at what time is it possible?

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Is this better at orders than TicketMaster?

Good point.

Spooky - Please don't ever make a Taylor Swift pinball machine.

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

75 bucks paypal charge.

Yeah I just found out the hard way that the $1000 SE deposit ended up as $1040.

But hey, at least it went through. It wouldn't be very OP of me to start the hype thread and not order the game.

#1990 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is this your first NIB from Spooky? I don't ever recall you buying one before.

This will be my first Spooky! I've been waiting for this theme forever. Hanna-Barbera cartoons were always special to me, SD being one of my favorites. Though Laff-A-Lympics would've been my first choice personally, I also realize Scooby Doo is THE theme that needed to be done and felt that way for years.

Now I just got to wait it out. And if Spooky finishes the BSE run and has left over BSE parts, they're more than free to put them in my SE build!

#2014 1 year ago

Another good review for PinballStar...

I emailed Joe at 11:05am just to ask if he had any SE spots available. At 11:07am I got a reply with full ordering information and links for all 3 trim level deposits with the line "When we are sold out of a particular model you will not be able to purchase - the link will not work. Try another."

That was brilliant for him to set up that way. Instead of him having to have deal with dozens/hundreds of inquiries at once, he just capped the paypal transactions. Because the SE link worked, I knew I had nabbed an SE spot. Easy peasy.

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Is there anything on the right hand side to shoot? Any better photos?
[quoted image]

The right-most shot is the right "orbit" (right horseshoe). Below that there's a 2nd slingshot on the right side. Whether you have to aim for this, or if it's just for pure chaos is unknown at the moment.

#2822 1 year ago

Damn, lots of new posts since I last checked in. I ended up taking a shot every time someone asked the same question about the butter cabinets and put myself in a coma for 2 days.

Quoted from jetspeedb:

Paramounts Kings Dominion. Was a great park back then with all those licenses. Still a good park but nothing like it was.

In the mid-90s, when I was like 11-12 my parents really pissed me off going into King's Dominion. Yelling fight right at the turnstyles. Then we go in and Fred Flintstone was right there and ran up trying to give me a hug.

Not having one iota of that I loaded up the best right hand I could deliver to his gut. Felt great. Then, as someone who never gets motion sickness, got the worst case of it on the first ride (Days of Thunder). I've had better starts to theme park days. Overall good park though. The Hurler had just opened and it kicked ass!

To this day if my sister's family and ours go to a theme park, she holds me back when we walk in for the cast member's safety. And if KD's Fred is a member here - I owe you a beer sometime.

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We can do that easy if you would like! I am confident in our playfield either way but happy to change it if it makes you guys comfortable.

Lol I just want a good PF. If you can get the artwork all around, kickass!!! Do what the other's can't... yet they once could somehow do.

But if there's even 1% of a risk of bubbling/pooling/chipping, that could be resolved by moving the art off the posts and creating a small ring, by all means get this right. I don't wanna be a JJP GnR buyer who has to go to Home Depot or Amazon to buy a tiny flat iron.

#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am just ready for another gameplay video that I can watch 100 times like I did the last video. Hyped for sure.

Ditto. I also have some figure mods for the SE already on order and sat down with a friend today to see what it would take to 3D print the airfield and mine signs.

It’s nice to know I have some sculpts already figured out… but I’d also like to see the total SE package in pics… and more gameplay for sure.

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

There is no guessing who the villain is from what I understand… it wouldn’t take sense anyways since the villain for each of these ghosts would literally always be the same.
I’m pretty sure Bug referenced that each case mode ends with a hurry up to unmask the villain. This reminds me of final blow in Deadpool.

The code talk also reminds me that I still kinda want someone to make a Carmen Sandiego pin with Rockapella callouts.

#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

While I'm pretty happy I'm relatively early. I would much rather have a machine with less problems. People have said with Spooky, it might be better to have a later build, so they've worked out most build issues.

Advantage of ordering one of like 2 total reported SE’s. Basically locked myself into a build number > 1966.

#3217 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Maybe the thread owner could make the initial spreadsheet link a key post?

How do I make something a key post???

#3230 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

$200 charge to the seller if the deposit is sold over the original price.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmm I thought Spooky would toss you out and refund your money if you are caught selling for more?
My bad!

Both incorrect I believe. The $200 charge is just if you want to transfer to someone else. If you try to flip a PinballStar deposit, they can boot you and refund your money.

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Lol - your collection is worth almost $200k. Your financial situation *should* be fine.
It's not so much about being ballers - most everyone I know is at capacity and has to sell a game to make space/fund a new one. The hobby becomes self sustaining after a while.

The hard part is getting to that level. Some I know have had 15-20 pin collections for well over a decade so now all those have gone up in value it's like 1-out-1-in and every new pin is basically a wash.

When I got into buying like 8 years ago NIB Pros were like $4500, and I could really only afford $3K max. Then they were $5K and I could only afford like $3500 max. NIB's were always just out of reach. Thankfully fixing up some dirty and busted games helped grow the inventory and capital over time. But I was always jealous of those who were in the hobby before it took off. I'm finally at capacity and now am upgrading those spots with each game I get, but damn do I still wish I had that freedom to just dump a game and get basically a NIB or A-tier for no additional funds.

#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I'd rather hear about your fantasy football team to be honest.

Let’s not say things we can’t take back.

#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

How’s the sound on a spooky? Sufficient? Great? I’m guessing all three trims get the same sound hardware/ speaker etc.?

I always thought the sound on Spookys were above-average to great. R&M is real clear and TNA has always been awesome (I don’t know if TNA came with a different speaker package or not). Even RZ sounded good (and I hate that pin). I played my first HW the other day and it reminded me of R&M very clear. Meanwhile that has been a sore spot of some of my recent Sterns. Love playing them. Just wish the speakers weren’t made from paper mache.

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just makes sense to let people do what they want with the machines they own in the privacy of their own gamerooms. I wonder why there isn't a pinball browser type app for spooky hardware by now.

Kind of bullshit my GMC truck doesn’t allow me to preload a bunch of (probably-pirated) music so I can play whatever I want, and also fuck with the ECU so I can get the performance I think I deserve… but I still want my warranty!

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There is a whole series of Scooby-Doo ornaments. I picked up the ones from 2018 and 2012.
I might wind up only using the 2018 ornament like The-Hum.
[quoted image]

Mine came in yesterday. Completes my mod buying before my game arrives in like a year and a half. Also got a new BK mine cart with what may end up being a mine entrance sign w/lenticular effect and also a Black Knight.

D5F5BEE8-5526-4997-A044-AD46BE364BB3 (resized).jpegD5F5BEE8-5526-4997-A044-AD46BE364BB3 (resized).jpeg

#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

where did you get those ? On the hallmark website I can only find one Scooby christmas figure - nothing else

Everything in that pic was from eBay.

1 week later
#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Coming out in waves during the day today - thank you everyone for your patience. As I described in the emails going out - we had a family medical situation occur requiring hospitalization and then I was lucky enough to get Covid myself... Dodged that bullet for nearly 3 years - then I was bragging I never got it and WHAM ! lol
Anyway - I needed to take my time to try to accommodate location requests, requests for certain months / timing, etc... It's a process to work through for us as we are Spooky's largest distributor with 100's of orders to try to fairly sort out. In any case, we'll be getting all emails out today. Emails will be sent to the Paypal address used to order your game so if that's not your usual email address you monitor - that's where it is.
We also have all models of Scooby Doo still available to order so if you need one just shoot us an email to [email protected]...
Scooby Dooby Doooooooooo.....
TY Joe

Thanks for the update Joe, and hope things are getting better. I just saw that I'm #1920.

Similar to your email I just received, I once bragged to my family that I dodged COVID for 2.5 years, and then the next week I was in emergency care as it got to me and kicked my ass. Certainly more than "just another cold".

#4191 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why do so many want less in this game?

In your particular example, less is MORE.

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Any stream date yet?

Can’t come soon enough. Also BSE/SE reveal would be choice right about now.

#4343 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Also please… one scrappy do Easter egg is clearly needed.

As Marge once said to Homer after deep frying his shirt - "I didn't say you couldn't, I said you shouldn't!".

#4381 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

22 Coils
3 Magnets (Technically Coils)
3 Servos

Current look at those who love to coil count...
Coil Count be high (resized).jpgCoil Count be high (resized).jpg

#4475 1 year ago

Plywood floor is interesting?

A bit. And how did that one spool of pink wire get in the mix with all that blue??? These are the questions that need answers!

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I agree with you, prices are ridiculous, but isn't this game $9769.00 plus tax and shipping?

If you want the top tier, blinged out version of the game and live in a state with sales tax, yes.

For me, I'm paying $7769 plus shipping (no sales tax in NH) for the SE, and for just $769 more than a Stern Pro, I could come with an equally long list as SpookyLuke of gameplay features the SE has over a Stern Pro (upper PF, 4 flippers, 3 magnets, 2 sets of inline drop banks, cool physical ball locks, 3 slings, unique upper flipper, drop target between lower flippers, a few pretty decent sculpts, enough wireforms to make Capcom Airborne slowly lower its' sunglasses...etc.). It's only $9,769 if you want a ton of extra add-ons on top of an already loaded 2-level widebody.

#4776 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

You can come play my Scooby Calprog, when it shows up.

Good, cuz I ain’t letting him play mine.

#4787 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone can come play my pins anytime

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just make sure good hygiene is practiced

Have you been to a pinball trade show? You may have crossed off 90% of players with that condition

#4848 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wish I were slinging code for a pinball - but at least I have pinballs near me while I'm slinging less exciting code.
[quoted image]

That's sweet! I have a pretty similar home office setup, but I can't fit a pin in there. I did set up a modded original Xbox with a ton of preloaded games so I can play them on my 4th monitor, but I don't do it much. Those games consume too much time.

I'm out of space in my basement gameroom, and b/c it can get cold down there this time of year, I'm going to try my next incoming pin upstairs where my X-mas tree was, maybe 20' from my office. I'll probably get disappointed looks when my family sees it or my son's mother comes down to see her son, but the pins gotta go somewhere!

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I still wouldn't mind one or two Scrappy references in the game but they need to be related to a negative event or something. Like a tilt callout/graphic or him getting beat up or whatever on some mode. I don't mind if there are a couple in there as long as it's doggin(pun intended) on him, cause he sucks!

I want zero. Not only can I do without him, it's not period-correct! I think we keep forgetting that.

Scooby-Doo Where Are You as a show was 6-7 years before Scrappy Doo's debut in a different show. That would be like putting Chris Pratt next to Nedry in JP, or Halle Berry in the cornerstone 007, or hell Forky in a proper Toy Story 1-3 trilogy pin. Just because they're in the lineage later on, doesn't mean they make any sense in early versions of the license.

#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

What other games from the past have features on top the apron?
[quoted image]

Bally Escape from the Lost World had part of the ramp on the right, and what looks to be something missing on the left.

#5071 1 year ago

This can only mean game play is imminent.

6F30BDEB-8ABA-4BF8-AD3F-BB9D9D3857C5 (resized).jpeg6F30BDEB-8ABA-4BF8-AD3F-BB9D9D3857C5 (resized).jpeg

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

So, do you have two cell phones?

Indeed. It’s clearly either for drugs, two girlfriends, or one is simply a work phone. Anyone’s guess.

#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Here it is guys! The official Scooby-Doo gameplay reveal. Enjoy!

LFG!!!

#5162 1 year ago

The constant use of the classic Hanna Barbera sound effects is pretty amazing

It was one thing I was absolutely praying for and like a minute into gameplay I was grinning ear to ear.

#5167 1 year ago

Added the stream to the first post.

Also… swish!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

This can only mean game play is imminent.
[quoted image]

#5188 1 year ago

As #1920 I’m gonna need to ask Spooky to come in on Saturday and also ramp up production to 1000 games/week.

B51ABD79-3671-4D1E-B99D-2CBACF27A485 (resized).jpegB51ABD79-3671-4D1E-B99D-2CBACF27A485 (resized).jpeg

#5528 1 year ago

Down at Universal with the kiddo today. Came across my 2nd Mystery Machine within a few days.

DC3E6B71-7300-4921-8BD5-09744D9DA0C4 (resized).jpegDC3E6B71-7300-4921-8BD5-09744D9DA0C4 (resized).jpeg

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Was Mario open to everyone?

I’m at Uni Orlando. Nintendo is currently only at Uni Hollywood in the States.

1 week later
#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But the CE already comes with a custom start button. And it’s a square shape

Actually the start button is round on all models. It's only the launch button which comes on the CE as the square "SD" dog tag.

#6053 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My question remains if your ROI lead to negative 100% how many games would you buy?

So my game value goes to zero and you impossibly figured out a way to divide by zero?

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Have tried link 5x, getting can’t load messages. Anyone else having the same issues?

I’m not on FB or IG or Meta, or any of that. It worked for me.

#6228 1 year ago

Woah, games are that close to shipping? Chippy Doo likes what he hears. He also just got an electric blue collar so the nickname fits.

Chippy Doo (resized).jpgChippy Doo (resized).jpg

#6326 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. People down vote (or up vote) for their own reasons, and sometimes those reasons are impossible to know.

Case in point, I called someone out in another thread for being a dumb dumb, and he came into this thread and gave my original post its' only downvote. Did I care why? No. Instead it's a public sign to everyone else what a child he is, and that makes me smile.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.