20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This from Pinball Paparazzi on FB….[quoted image]

That looks like a homebrew Scooby-Doo game with all of the mismatched buttons and leg protectors. I don't think it's the Spooky game.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmm not calling you out because I could be wrong. Halloween was not a preset number of CE’s
I am fat and old so my brain doesn’t remember everything like it use to.

There was a limit of 1250 Halloween machines but those were a combination of all 3 available Halloween models (CE, BSE, SE).

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

[quoted image]

Looks like it may be more of a traditional "fan" layout based on the insert patterns? Maybe an upper right flipper as well?

#683 1 year ago

Bravo Spooky! the game looks incredible and dare I say it "A World under glass". I really like the art and trim package on the CE. The price-points all seem like a value in today's market. Reminds me of early JJP games in how packed with features it is (as well as being a wide-body). Can't wait to play one!

#788 1 year ago

As long as people are talking about official Spooky Distributors, don't forget about Chris at Kingpin games. I've bought numerous games from him and his service and support can't be beat.
KingPinGames

#811 1 year ago

I seem to be in the minority on this but I like the milky white inserts in the game. They make the insert text easier to see vs. clear jeweled inserts and I think they look nice (and clean) as well.

#818 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If it's any consolation to those that don't like the milky white inserts it indicates that it's made by Bader (I've never sen anyone else use them or Bader use jeweled ones) and should be well made with no issues likely to occur with clearcoat, etc.

Around half of the inserts on my TWDLE are milky white.

#834 1 year ago

Does the SE have a (non RGB) action button or is there no button on the lockdown bar?

#846 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Like other Spookys, the least special edition is actually the most rare edition. Funny how that works out.

I think the CE will be the overwhelming favorite among orders, but I could see the SE outselling the BSE on this one.

#1053 1 year ago

I haven't seen a Scooby Doo episode in close to 40 years but saw that the original series is streaming on HBO Max and watched a couple episodes. The show really holds up and it's crazy how much I remember from when I was a kid. It's hard to believe this is the first time it's been licensed for a pin. The theme is really perfect for pinball and I know Spooky will do it justice.

#1383 1 year ago

The game doesn't look like it shoots like a typical widebody which is a good thing. Lots of flow in the design (including a couple of quick horseshoe returns) and I really like the player controlled bookcase diverter on the upper playfield. It seems like this is a design case where a widebody game can fix some of the complaints from earlier games. This allows the game to have wider shots and the drop targets are far enough to the left that they don't slow down gameplay at all or block the flow of the game.

Is there a magnet(s) under the main playfield as well or just the upper?

#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

750 Scooby's pre orders units sold is what I would expect. Scooby is an Awsome theme but Rick and Morty is a better one and current to today's world that sold 750.

It's a different market now than when R&M came out (pre-pandemic), I also think this is a farther reaching theme after a year of underwhelming and overpriced titles from other manufacturers. My guess is over 1500 sold day one and the entire 1969 sold out before Christmas.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Why can't pinsiders use the pm button to call each other names I will never know...
On a different subject we are seeing the effects of the downturn in the economy. I just put a SD in my cart. Seems crazy that this has not sold out yet.

I don't think that's crazy at all. 1969 games is likely more games than JJP has sold of Toy Story... OR all of the other boutique manufacturers put together this year. And I still think they sell all 1969 games before Christmas.

#2566 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

No way, they sold 1,000 CE and 2,000 LE day one. Pinside likes to believe no one bought and no one likes TS4.

I'm skeptical that they actually sold 3k games to customers in one day. There's fewer then 350 Pinsiders that have it added to their collections which is less Spooky games like TNA (around 700 produced) or R&M (750 produced).

#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

So is the apron lock a first for pinball or has this been done before on another game?

GNR CE has the Coma lock built into the apron but the way Scooby's is implemented is unique.

1 month later
#5190 1 year ago

The game really looks great and the code seems to be pretty far along. The rules seem really interesting and creative and the use of original assets is really done well. Looking forward to playing one soon!

#5377 1 year ago
Quoted from Chromdomeslugger:

The pinball awards stream was enjoyable, but watched again and at 1:19:00 he clearly says CE buyers will be getting the custom pingulp. Maybe it was changed?

Since 1800 of the 1969 games are reportedly CE's it isn't too much of an extra effort to provide them for everyone that ordered a game. This is a really nice gesture on Spooky's part.

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is there a benefit to ordering directly from Spooky vs a dealer?

I would check with Spooky and distributors to see what the sales tax situation is for your state. Besides spot # that is probably the other big thing that could make a difference.

#5499 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Still, I think that's a missed opportunity on the game. While I get the bravery meter, that's a LOT of real estate to chew up for that feature.

It's intentional to have that space occupied and not used in playfield geometry as it would make it play slow and floaty like a traditional widebody game. What makes the game fun is that it's a standard size playfield in a widebody cabinet and plays fast. There is a slingshot kicker on the right side of the playfield that adds some side to side action on the game.

1 week later
#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

I'm torn on this but I thought I'd post it here... What's my next pin?
Should I get Scooby CE because it looks really fun with in-depth code out the box and I also grew up watching Scoob as kid in the early 80's?
OR
Should I go with Iron Maiden Pro (re-releasing in April), which I've played on location and enjoy it, also I'm a huge Maiden fan?
...could just flip a coin too and make a decision

I'd get the Maiden in April and play it for a while and then sell it to pickup a Scooby later once code is complete and you've had a chance to play it more.

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Expect to take a loss unfortunately on IM. So if your ok with it go ahead. But why buy a pin now just to sell it to get the one you want anyway. Pick up a used one then and don’t buy NIB.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Expect to take a loss unfortunately on IM. So if your ok with it go ahead. But why buy a pin now just to sell it to get the one you want anyway. Pick up a used one then and don’t buy NIB.

If you keep it stock, play it for six months and then and sell it around the Holidays you can sell it for a minimal loss. Usually when you lose money is when you dump a bunch of mods into the game. You might be able to buy into a Scooby spot later from someone that's tired of waiting.

1 week later
#6275 1 year ago

Mods should close this thread since the owner's thread is now open! This game is no longer just hype, it is officially in collections.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.